Bear-(mxm rever series 2) (Fr...

By TheoryKierei

(This book is free. The bonus end chapter is paid) Wait. He was going crazy. How else could he explain the... More

Bear
Bear 2
Bear 3
Bear 4
Bear 5
Bear 6
Bear 7
Bear 8
Bear 9
Bear 10
Bear 11
Bear 12
Bear 13
Bear 14
Bear 15
Bear 17
Bear 18
Bear 19
Bear 20
Bear 21
Bear 22
Bear 23
Bear 24
Bear 25
Bear 26
Bear 27
Bear 28
Bear 29
Bear 30
Bear 31
Bear 32
Bear 33
Bear 34
Bear 35
Bear 36
Bear 37
Bear 38
Bear 39
Bear 40
Bear 41
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2

Bear 16

10.5K 869 207
By TheoryKierei

You smell good.

Marsh stared down at the panicked chicken in his hands as he sat hunched inside one of the two huge coops.

It had been a few weeks since Walker's mother had left. The two brothers had been good at keeping raw meat on hand, but they'd forgotten to defrost it for today, and neither were awake when his bear wanted a snack.

But he might be mad.

He set the hen back down, but then lifted its struggling body up again... then sat it down again.

I want to eat you, but Walker might be mad.

Granted, there were a lot of chickens. Surely he wouldn't be too upset if just one was savagely disemboweled and eaten in front of its brethren?

He... still might be mad.

"I do believe you're going to give that poor girl a heart attack if you keep looking at her like that, my friend," came a deep voice from over by the fence-line.

Ah, Ranger's lover.

After reluctantly releasing his quarry, Marsh slowly climbed out of the coop area and stood up, brushing off some of the dried poop and dust that had clung to his black sweatpants and Walker's too-big AC/DC sweatshirt.

He remembered the guy, slightly. His name was Heian, and he was a horse shifter that he'd tried to eat when he'd been invited over by Walker's mother.

I just wanted a nibble. He smells so good.

His stomach growled just thinking about it, making his shoed feet take him closer to the taller man. He stopped a few feet away, on the other side of the fence. Instinct told him to try and chase his prey, but it also told him to be extremely cautious. He didn't have his bear form available anymore, but the man definitely had his horse. Stallions, or really adult horses in general, weren't usually worth the effort. A well-placed kick was not something to laugh at.

"You're a cutie, but I can tell that you aren't quite used to being in this kind of setting. If you don't mind me asking, where did you happen to come from?"

Cute...

Scowling, Marsh pointed toward the trees to his left without looking away from the other man.

"Ah, so you really were trying to eat me. That's not very nice," Heian said as he finally hopped up onto the fence, sitting with his legs hanging down nonchalantly. The man was dressed for a day of riding in the brisk morning weather with the same black cowboy hat from last time situated on his smooth, long hair. There were no braids this time, though. He also sported a leather jacket that went just a little ways past his waist and hung open to reveal a dark blue shirt underneath. His legs were covered in worn jeans, of course. This time it was a pitch black pair that settled neatly over his light brown cowboy boots.

Looking down at his own plain clothes, Marsh actually thought about what Walker would think if he saw him wearing actual nice clothing. It was just a fleeting thought, though, and he quickly shook it from his mind as he looked back up.

The cloud of drowsiness that had settled in his mind due to hibernation had cleared a good bit over the past month or so, though he wasn't sure why. He always hibernated for the entire winter, but perhaps his bear was content with the amount of food it was constantly receiving and felt safe in its bed-den. Either way, he was able to at least focus on conversations and, mostly, walk without wobbling.

"Are you here to take the other predator? You can have him now," Marsh said as he looked toward the house for a moment before returning his attention to a chuckling Heian.

When the man didn't actually say anything else in response, Marsh walked up to him and grabbed his wrist, then gently tugged him forward. Heian probably could have withstood his pulling, and even broken his hold easily, but he let himself be guided from atop the fence, then up to the house. He did stop allowing himself to be moved once Marsh opened the door, however.

"I'm sorry, but unless he's awake, I won't go any farther," he said as he turned and looked out over the large herd of horses grazing quietly in the morning mist. "We aren't really together, and I don't think it's appropriate to just walk into his house when he's asleep."

Not having been a person who has lived in a house for much of his life, Marsh huffed and walked straight upstairs, then banged on Ranger's door before hurrying back downstairs and into the guest room... which now held a sleeping Walker since their mother had left. He didn't hesitate to snuggle right up against the guy, either, though he did remember to kick off his shoes right beforehand.

Unfortunately, he hadn't been inside long enough to warm the parts of his body that had been exposed to the cold, making Walker startle awake and try to scramble away. It was too bad that Marsh had a grip like a cold bear, and refused to release his hold around his bare torso.

It took Walker a few moments of panting with his head on the pillow, eyes staring up at the ceiling, to calm himself after realizing that Marsh had been the one to wake him up. They both heard the sound of Ranger running down the stairs at that moment, drawing a grin across Marsh's face, which was still hidden beneath the heavy blankets.

"Wow, Ranger is up early on a day that he doesn't have morning chore duty," Walker noted as Marsh wiggled his way upward until his head finally slipped free of the blankets and settled onto Walker's shoulder.

"I brought his horse here. He can take him away."

Marsh felt a hand pat his head as Walker replied, "his horse, huh? Heian came by?"

Marsh grumbled an affirmative, drawing a quiet laugh from his human.

"You know that Heian can't just take him away and that's that. Ranger still has a lot of work to do on the farm, and he isn't exactly an easy one to tame, either."

He mulled over Walker's words in his mind before shrugging and snuggling in for a quick nap. A tired sigh was the response he got to his silence, but then Walker turned slightly and wrapped his warm arms around him.

"I really should be getting up, but I'll let you have your way... but just for this one morning," he said, making Marsh slip out his tongue and swipe it across a tiny part of Walker's chest.

The guy squeaked and jumped slightly from surprise, but didn't dare say anything else in concern to when Marsh got his way.

Mm, mine.

Seeing Heian standing in the space of the open front door, his attention out toward the pastures, had Ranger slowing at the bottom of the stairs. He was going to yell at Walker for banging on his door when he finally didn't have to do the morning chores for once and could sleep in, but when he ran out of his room, he smelled Marsh, not his brother.

And definitely not Heian.

His cat didn't mind the random guest, though he quickly shoved it to the back of his mind as he eventually stepped forward, making his presence known by clearing his throat. He figured that the guy already knew he was there, but it was a habit to make sure that he didn't startle anyone. His shift had some serious instincts when he sneaked up on people by mistake.

When the man turned toward him with his beaming smile, Ranger quickly looked down, then scolded himself internally as he jerked his head back up with a tired scowl. He'd stayed up all night since he got to sleep in all day.

So tired...

Heian tilted his head and took a step forward, but didn't set foot inside the house.

"I'm sorry that Marsh woke you up. I had planned to simply wait by the pasture when I discovered him sitting with the chickens. He seems to think some strange things," he said, ending his words with a chuckle.

At the same time, a gentle but chilly breeze sifted past the man, sending a shiver down Ranger's spine as it brushed against his bare chest. Without a second thought, he reached forward and grabbed Heian, then tugged him inside. The other guy seemed to have read the thoughts he hadn't voiced, because he grabbed the door handle and gently shut it as he was moved forward.

Ranger released him once that task was complete, but then just stood there, staring at the man, unsure what he should actually do with him.

Heian's smile grew a little wider. "I have a few ideas," he said cheekily.

Not interested in being a pushover this time, Ranger squared his shoulders and raised an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah? And what would those be?"

He was a little surprised that Heian's expression only changed from excitement to excited-amusement as he clasped his arms behind his back and leaned forward, pressing his lips just-barely against the shell of his ear as he began to whisper.

His heartbeat picked up as each word was spoken and his palms began to sweat at each scenario Heian brought up.

The man seemed to have plenty more to say, but he suddenly reached forward and wrapped his arms tightly around him, pulling him against his warm chest as he felt him press his lips against his hair.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry you so much. I went overboard," he said, drawing Ranger's eyes up to him in confusion.

Wait. Why am I bothered by his words? Was I that overwhelmed with what he was saying that I froze?

Slowly stepping backwards, Ranger felt Heian's arms slip away from him, not trying to keep him close since he was clearly wanting to back away. When he had a few feet between them, he took in a large, deep breath, then sighed it out.

"It's fine. I just wasn't prepared for you to be such a pervert," he said in retaliation as he gave a side-eye and a smirk that had Heian bursting out laughing so hard that he actually doubled over after a few moments.

Ranger wanted to relish in his small victory, but he knew that Walker and his bear were probably trying to sleep, so he walked forward and quickly pressed his fingers over Heian's lips.

The action quieted the man immediately, but the smoldering gaze he got along with his silence had Ranger swallowing.

Wait a minute. Why isn't Walker up? We agreed that he would take the morning chores today.

Well... about that, Walker replied, having heard his thought.

Ranger rolled his eyes and started for the door as he replied, you need to stand up to that bear. I wasn't joking when I told you that he was going to top you.

He knew his brother, though. It took a lot to get Walker to be authoritative.

"I wouldn't mind helping you with chores, if you could find a use for me," Heian offered, his warm, moist breath dusting the fingers Ranger still had pressed against hi lips.

He quickly withdrew his hand, glaring in the direction of the guest room before turning toward the door, only for Heian to step in his way with a stern but concerned expression.

"Please put on a shirt and shoes, Ranger."

Oh, right.

He really hadn't meant to just go outside without them, especially because it was still pretty cold out in the mornings, but he just didn't think about it.

"Right," he mumbled as he turned and hurried up the stairs.

He returned five minutes later in a pair of loose blue jeans, held up with a lopsided worn black belt, black boots, and a thick gray sweater.

"Better," Heian said as he stepped aside and held the door open for him.

Ranger took the offer and stepped through, feeling a tug on his hair as he past the other man.

"I like your hair messed up like this."

Hush, you.

Heian laughed quietly, no doubt hearing his thought, but Ranger shoved it aside and started toward the barn.

"I'm going to work you like a draft horse, Heian. You better be ready," he said with a look over his shoulder at the man he knew would be following.

He stumbled abruptly, however, when he realized that while the man was indeed following him, he was also stripping at the same time.

Holy damn, he's built like a horse.

When Heian finished tugging his shirt over his head, having already settled his jacket over his shoulder, he grinned and looked down at himself.

"It's free to touch for you, if you'd like," he offered with a knowing smile.

Ranger scoffed and turned back around.

"Why the hell are you getting naked?" he grumbled as he continued stomping toward the barn.

When he didn't receive a response, he walked a few more yards before turning again.

A huge black stallion was right there, already trying to nudge its head against his chest for some attention.

Change back, you dork. I was just joking about the horse thing!

In the blink of an eye, a naked Heian was standing before him with a slightly nervous look on his face.

"My mistake," he said as his cheeks tinted pink.

He quickly turned to pick up the clothing he'd folded and left next to the fence, and Ranger quickly yanked his eyes away from him when he caught himself staring.

I'm going to go insane with this guy... and I really didn't need to see him naked in the middle of my front yard! Forget it. Just forget it all.

Trying to shake the images from his head, Ranger stalked into the barn, intent on losing himself in his work for the rest of the morning.

He was just getting getting ready to check on their older animals that had spent the evening locked in the barn due to the cold when he felt something gently settled atop his head.

His cowboy hat...

Not wanting to get distracted, Ranger ignored it and continued with his current task. He had Heian work away from him, for the most part, but he could feel eye on him most of the time they were out there. It was still odd, but he could now shrug off the feeling of being watched... and his cat really didn't mind it if it was Heian doing the watching. It rarely behaved so well around their older animals due to its predatory instincts, so he let it be... but only this time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

956K 63.5K 31
Book 3 of the Cross-shifter Series. Life has always been good for Sam. He had it all. The huge house. All the hot one night stands he could ever wan...
865K 25.6K 33
This is ABO This is bl This is bxbxb featuring two alpha's and a beta This has smut This story is by me Started: December 21st, 2022 Finished:Decemb...
3.4M 125K 88
Black Moon Series Book #2 Warning: #Mature #Gay #Office This story is a prequel to I was shooting for the Moon, I Hit Two Stars. I strongly recommend...
236K 21.7K 51
Blake did the last thing he could possibly think of to escape an addictive, abusive relationship. He dropped what he was doing and, under the ruse of...