Rare || The Vampire Diaries

By lexiithealien

Sofia Petrova, twin of the one and only Katerina. Brave, beautiful and strong. She wasn't supposed to have be... More

Pilot
The Night of the Comet
Friday Night Bites
Family Ties
You're Undead to Me
Lost Girls
Haunted
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville Part One
Unpleasantville Part Two
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighborhood
Let the Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Founder's Day Part One
Founder's Day Part Two
Author's Note

Isobel

103 1 0
By lexiithealien

I stand outside of the grill and wait for the woman to come out. She knows Katherine and I want to know how and why the hell she would want to. Alaric walks out of the grill quickly and fumbles with his keys. My eyes widen as I remember where I've seen her. That's Elena's mother. She's not dead, Damon didn't kill her. Wait... that means.

"Are you okay? Did she threaten you?" I run over to Alaric and help him with his keys. I turn around and come face to face with her. "What do you want from Alaric?" I cross my arms. I don't bother asking her about Katherine. Alaric being friends with Damon and all. "Why are you- Sofia." Her face changes as she realizes who I am. "You really do look just like her."
I glance at Ric. "I do look like Elena because she's my sister." I hint at Isobel and just pray that she won't do what I think she's going to. And this is why I don't believe in God. "Hardly. Elena's your what? Great Great Great... Oh you get the point."

I look over at Ric who probably isn't even listening to our jabber. He's too busy taking in the sight of his 'dead' wife. "What do you want?" I echo myself. "I already told Alaric. And if I don't get what I want, I'm gonna start killing the citizens of this town one by one. Should sound familiar to you." She grimaces and then walks away.

I open Ric's car door and close it behind him. "What did she want?" I ask him as I jump in his passenger's seat. "She wants to meet Elena but I don't trust her. She's up to no good, I can tell." He starts the car and starts driving. "I can take you home if you want me to."

"Oh no, buddy. You've got an insane ex-wife running around. I'm not letting you out of my sight. Even if that means I have to go back to school." I reject and prop my feet up on the dashboard. He doesn't ask why or disagree either. Good, because I'm not taking no for an answer.

He pulls into his apartment complex and stops the car. "School doesn't start until 8." He says awkwardly. "Don't make it weird, Ric. It's a friendly sleepover. Plus, I haven't slept in days. And I need a break from the drama at home. Trust me, you're doing me a favor." I explain and then get out.

He leads me to his apartment and opens up the door. "Well, this is the place I call home. It's kinda messy." He rubs the back of his neck self-consciously. "Don't worry about it, seriously. I'm a slob too." I lie to him to make him feel better. I'm actually kind of a neat freak. He nods his head and then locks the door. I take off my jacket and make myself comfortable. "I can sleep on the couch-" He starts but I interrupt him. "Go to sleep. I'll be watching out for any big bad vampires who try to huff and puff and blow your house down, okay?"

He laughs at me and then retreats to his room. I lay down and fall asleep in a second.

***********************************************************************************************

Alaric wakes me up and holds a blood bag up for me. I stretch and take a sip. This tastes way better than whatever animal Damon fed me yesterday. "We're already late, take it to go." He hands me my jacket and I raise my eyebrows surprised. Okay Ric. We hurry out the door and into the car. "You do realize that I can run faster than this car right?" I ask him jokingly as he pulls out of the parking lot. "Oh yeah?" He challenges and starts going 30 over the speed limit. I laugh and look out the window at the blurs of green. Man, I miss moments like this.

Red and blue lights start flashing behind us and the sirens blare. "Oh shit. It's okay, I can just compel them." I tell him as I sit up and put my seatbelt on as any respectable human would do. "You do realize that all the cops are on vervain, right?" He looks at me doubtingly as he pulls onto the side of the road. "Should've known. I have really got to start paying attention in the council meetings." I shrug at the thought.

A black flashlight knocks gently against the window and Ric rolls it down. A friendly face pops up and I grin from ear to ear. "Sheriff Forbes!" I exclaim. "Alaric. Sofia." She greets us with a tight smile. "I'm sorry, Liz. We're really late." Alaric apologizes. Liz looks between the two of us. "Why are you two together?" She asks suspiciously. I giggle.

"We were just working on a history project this morning." Alaric responds quickly. She looks at me again for signs of rejection. "Okay. You're free to go. Just watch your speed." She releases us when she doesn't find any. Alaric pulls back onto the road and I turn back to wave at her.

"A history project?" I question him when we're out of her sight. "It was a nervous answer. What would you say?" He questions me. "I would've told her that we were having some student-teacher sex." I reply jokingly and he shoots me a glare. It's human moments like these that matter the most.

We pull into the school and walk to his classroom together. We get plenty of weird and disapproving looks from the students. So judgey. I sit in his teacher chair and he opens his mouth to say something. "I'm a student aid today." I hold up a finger to stop him. The bell rings and students come pouring into the class. Alaric writes something on the board and hands me a stack of papers. "Here, pass these out."

I look around at the groups of entitled teenagers. Jock group. Band geeks. Cheerleading squad. I know I look like a teenager on the outside but when you're on Earth for more than the normal 100 years, your mind starts to age a little. I start passing out the papers. Guys whistle and girls snicker as I walk by. Just stick to those important human moments Sofia.

I retreat back to my new seat and listen to the boring lecture. I was alive for the Civil War and I've 'learned' about it a million times. The bell rings and Elena's class starts coming in. She looks at me with confusion laced on her face and I just smile at her. Stefan walks in and looks at me the same way Elena did. I wave my fingers at him hoping that he's not holding grudges. That would suck. Especially since I worked so hard to get on his good side.

Alaric makes me pass out the same papers to this class. "You know, you're the best student aid I've ever had." He tells me and I stick my tongue out at him. I'm the only student aid he's ever had. When I get to Stefan's desk he doesn't make eye contact with me. "You can't act like this towards me Stefan. I'm doing this for you." I whisper to him so Elena can't hear me.

School ends, thank gosh. Elena and Stefan start to leave but Ric calls them back in. "We need to talk." He says and pulls his phone out to text Damon. "What's going on? Why are you hanging out with Alaric?" Elena keeps questioning me and I let out a deep breath. "We have some news."

"What kind of news? What is going on?" She continues. "Maybe I could answer that if you would stop asking the same damned questions Elena." I cross my arms in front of my chest. "I saw Isobel last night." Alaric speaks up to ease the tension but it just creates more. "Isobel. Like my mom Isobel? That Damon killed?" Elena takes a seat and Stefan rubs her shoulder. "Yes. Well, she's not dead. He only turned her." Alaric clarifies. Elena's eyes widen. "Isobel's a vampire?"

I clench my fist and then release it. She should really open her ears. "You should be asking why she showed up after all these years Elena. Nevermind. Don't ask any more questions. She wants to see you."

Elena stares at me with her mouth open and then snaps it shut when Damon walks in. "Sorry I'm late. My dog ate my uh...never mind." He looks at Stefan and Elena. "I've got things to do." I tell them and then walk right past Damon. I'm not exactly looking forward to watching them exchange forbidden looks at one another. I walk through the long hallways of the school until I'm out.

"Hello, sister." Katherine says with a stone cold simper. I contract my eyes into a glower. "You're getting more and more reckless, it's almost desperate."

She looks to the side and then back to me. My head hits the wall and everything goes black.

***********************************************************************************************

I regain consciousness in the middle of the floor. My head has a splintering pain. I groan as I sit up. "Welcome back." A voice says from above me and I look up to see Katherine. I stand up quickly and get in her face. "If you ever pull a stunt like that again, I will kill you." I poke my finger at her chest with every word. She pushes my hand away and smiles. "You keep saying that but I say that you won't. I'm the only family you have left."

"Yeah, you made sure of that in Bulgaria. The only problem is that you forgot one thing: You aren't my family." I spit. She kicks me in the chest and I stumble backward. Okay. I swing my fist at her face for a distraction and then swoop my leg below hers. She falls to the ground with a thud. Katherine looks up at me and then grabs my leg to pull me down with her.

The door opens and Damon walks in. My eyes fall onto the empty space beside me. What a pussy. "Sofia?" He holds out his hand for me to take. I grab on and he pulls me up. "What are you doing here?" He asks me. I suppose I can't tell him that Katherine brought me here. "I could ask you the same."

"I'm looking for Isobel." He tells me. Both our heads turn upwards at the loud noises upstairs. Someone walks down the stairs. Damon and I share a look. "Who are you?" He asks the girl. She looks at us and smiles widely. "I'm Cherie. And you are...?" She trails off flirtatiously while walking towards Damon. I roll my eyes.

She runs her hands down Damon's chest and then starts to unbutton his shirt. "Um, no." I remove her hands from him. "Cherie, do you know where Isobel is?"

She bites her lips. "I'll tell you if you play a game with me."

Damon looks at me with puppy dog eyes. "Are you serious? No way." I decline. "I would love to play a game with you." He tells her, ignoring my request. "Are you kidding me? We need to be finding Isobel, not playing strip poker." I attempt to get him back on track but I fail. "Oh! I love strip poker!" Cherie yells and I roll my eyes again. Great, now I have to sit here and watch some girl undress Damon with both her eyes and hands. What was Isobel thinking hiring some prostitutes?

I take a seat on the couch and watch them laugh at one another's jokes while stripping. How childish. I'm almost glad when Isobel walks in and Damon's interrupted from taking off his pants.

"Dégage, Cherie." Isobel barks at the half-naked girl and she scurries off. "It's good to see you, Isobel. I was just having fun with your naughty little minion." Damon says to push her buttons but she ignores him. "How did you find me?" She asks and I vamp speed toward her. "Listen up you shrew. I don't like you in Mystic Falls so pack up your bags and get the hell out. Feel free to take my wench of a sister with you."

Isobel lets out a little giggle. "I'm not leaving until I get what I want."

I shove her harder up against the wall. "And I'm not joking. Remember that I've got many years on you and even if I have to, I will kill my sister. I haven't gone bad yet but I'll be happy to start at any time." I glare at her threateningly for a second and then back up a step. I look at Damon and then leave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 2.7K 41
Is it fate or destiny that will bring these two together? ❝You don't know who matters the most in your life, until they're brutally taken from you, a...
323K 9.8K 33
Everyone knows the story of Stefan and Damon Salvatore, the two brothers who return to Mystic Falls and fall for none other than Elena Gilbert, doppe...
807K 18.5K 29
Kataline Petrova. The twin of the oh so famous Katherine Pierce, aka Katarina Petrova. 1864 Both Katherine and Kataline are greeted by the handsome...
4.3K 109 7
Katherine Pierce had always been deep down secretly afraid of commitment. Luckily and Unluckily for her, life had always been lived on the edge. She...