SECOND CHANCES(A Lesbian Stor...

By pensive5

Four years had passed since the death of Mika's husband, and she'd remained faithful to his memory. No other... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
AD
Nothing Important
AD... again!!!
Happy Pride

Chapter 5

4.5K 105 7
By pensive5

"I really don't know how to answer that one, Aiks."

Mika smiled, glancing appreciatively around the subtle-lit restaurant. She was in luxurious surroundings and if she'd known her best friend intended to bring her to such an expensive place, she'd have taken a change of clothes to work with her. Her best friend, Aiko Sweet Urdas, had been in Manila all day to attend a seminar, and had phoned to invite her to dinner before she drives back to Baguio.

Aiko picked her up from work an hour ago and had just asked her how she was getting along with her "temporary boss".

"Last week, she gave me hell, deliberately made life difficult for me--- or so it seemed. It was, have you done this, have you done that?"

[FLASHBACK]

"Mrs. Ravena, what happened to my phone call from Brisbane?"

"Where is the coffee I asked you for ten minutes ago?"

"You must learn to delegate, Mrs. Ravena. Leave yourself free to attend to my needs."

"You should be one step ahead of me."

"I suggest you shape up or give up."

[FLASHBACK ENDS]

Mika tucked into her beautifully presented hors d'oeuvre and glanced helplessly at her best friend.

"But this week, it's been so different! The monster boss hasn't been on my back at all. And this morning, would you believe, she even said 'Well done.' Twice! How about that?"

Aiko Urdas gave her best friend an indulgent smile. She might not care for the enigmatic Vic Galang but working with her had certainly been good for Mika. It certainly given her something to think about other than her deceased husband, had brought to her lovely face a vivacity and animation Aiko had not seen for quite a long time. So whatever Vic Galang was or was not, Aiko was grateful to the person.

"I don't see why you are so puzzled, Miks. It seems to me that last week your boss had to spend time knocking you into shape. You know, training you to her way of working."

"No, Aiks. It is nothing simple. Nothing about her can be easily fathomed."

"Then how do you explain the difference in behavior last week and her behavior this week?"

"I can't."

"Why didn't you had a chat with her secretary? Last week... I mean. Perhaps she'd have given you a few tips about working with her."

"I don't really chat with Cienne. Firstly, there's not time--- we've only ever had lunch together once. And secondly, she's been a bit aloof. You see, she does a lot of Miss Galang's private and personal work--- like organizing dinner parties, for instance, and I think she considers herself a bit superior because of it, though I don't know why she would. And she never says a word about VSG except to sing her praises... Mind you," she added, forgetting the food in front of her, "even I have to admit Vic Galang is extremely well organized. For two weeks, she'd coped with Kim's work as well as her own. She is dynamic, indefatigable... and her door is always open to people. She is a trouble-shooter, a superb director. As long as she is not in a meeting, anyone can go in to see her anytime. She told me from the start that it was no part of my job to try to keep people away from her..."

"She is a licensed architect, did I tell you that? And took engineering for a second course." Mika broke off, shaking her head, amused by the memory of something which had happened the day before...

[FLASHBACK]

She had got in early on Wednesday morning, as usual, and she found Vic kneeling on the floor in Cienne's office--- surrounded by parts and pieces of the photocopying machine. She stopped in her tracks, her eyes going to her filthy hands. "Ma'am Galang! What on earth are you doing?"

"Good morning, Mrs. Ravena. How many guesses would you like?"

"But... but why didn't you send for the engineering people? I'll ring..."

"It's too early. Besides, I am enjoying myself."

"You're an engineer? I though you finish architecture?"

"I'm both" She smiled as she started putting bits and pieces together. "But I would like to know who was the last person to use this last night."

"Not I!" She perched on the side of a desk, arms folded as she watched in fascination. It was just so... so incongruous, seeing the expensively dressed Chairman of the company fixing a photocopying machine.

She muttered something about the cleaners and their tampering. "The cleaners? I don't think so, Ma'am. They don't clean the office equipment."

"I didn't mean they've been cleaning it... they've been using it."

Vic turned to look at Mika and smiled as she handed her an unfinished photocopy of a cross-stitch pattern. "Don't be surprised. This isn't the first time they jammed the photocopying machine. Last time it was Pork and Beans recipe." Then the Chairman started to laugh. Mika find it cute. Was there anything going on in this building that she does not know about? It certainly look that way.

[FLASHBACK ENDS]

Aiko Urdas put down her knife and fork, satisfied with her first course and more satisfied to see her best friend laughing like this. Was that a hint of admiration she could see in her eyes? If she doesn't know any better, she would think Mika is crushing on her boss... a female. She has always known that her best friend have lesbian tendencies but all this stopped when Mika met Kiefer. But that does not mean na di sya pwedeng magbalik loob sa sangkatiboan. Is her best friend crushing on a woman... again? The mysterious Victonara Galang? The boss she had spent so much time angrily raving about only a few weeks ago? She sure hopes that Vic Galang realizes how lucky she is. You see, Aiko has had a long-time crush on her best friend. She tried bringing their friendship to the next level... and it almost did. Only, Kiefer happened.

"And did the photocopier work after that?"

"Of course!"

"Well, I am glad to hear you are getting on so well now".

Mika sobered at once. "Aiks, I didn't say that! I don't like her still... make no mistake. But she is ... is just more tolerable these days, that's all."

Is it? Vic Galang spent the entire day at their factory in Batangas and had been absent the whole day. Mika found the office to be dull without her presence. That is, even though the secretary was madly busy, she had sort of missed her boss. It was too ridiculous really when, she should have been enjoying the comparative peace her absence represented.

As Mika tucked into her main course, she wondered about that, the feeling had been short-lived, had come to her late in the day when she suddenly wondered why the day seemed so routine, lacking the sparkle of the previous days.

"... and heard on the radio fog forecast for tonight."

Mika looked up. All the time her best friend had been chatting, half her mind had been on Vic Galang. Why did she have to haunt her out of office hours?

"Why don't you stay with me tonight and drive in the..." She stopped dead, her eyes dropping instantly to the plate in front of her. Vic Galang had just come into the restaurant... in the flesh!

"I can't," her bestfriend was saying. "I have a very important meeting tomorrow morning. But thanks for the offer, sweetie... Is something wrong? Do you feel well?"

"Nothing. I... don't look now, Aiks, but Miss Vic Galang just walked in." And she had a beautiful woman on her arms, a not-so-tall, sexy lady with below-shoulder length hair who was wearing a green silk dress and an expression of total confidence. She was not the clinging type. She stood proud, statuesque, giving the impression that she knew exactly who she was and where she belonged... with the good-looking lady who was smiling down at her.

A tremor of nervousness ran through Mika. That and a vague feeling of... something she could not put a name to. She was bound to be spotted by her boss, and she did not want to be. Oh why did Aiko have to bring her here? Why did she have to treat her to somewhere really expensive?

Pull yourself together, you ungracious fool. She told herself off sternly, relieved to see that Vic and her lady companion had been shown to a corner table and that she had not been spotted. Their table was diagonally across the room from herself and her bestfriend... about as far away from them as possible. But all she wanted to do now was to get out of there. Of course she couldn't. The waiter was approaching with a trolley of delicious desserts and there was no way she'd hurt her BFF's feelings by hurrying her up. She also does not want her to know how much Vic Galang's presence affected her now, just as it always did.

"What a difficult choice!" She smiled as Aiko gave her order, her eyes on the temptations on the trolley. "I shouldn't, but I'm going to have the profiteroles... with lashings of cream."

"And why not?" Vic Galang's voice held amusement. It also had the power to send a shiver down her spine. She looked up to find that her eyes were upon her, moving appreciatively from her face to the pretty lace blouse she was wearing.... and back to her face. "You have no need to count the calories." Vic inclined her head, bowing slightly. "Good evening, Mrs. Ravena."

The waiter withdraw, leaving Mika with a plate of food she no longer wanted. "Why, Ma'am Galang. How nice! How was your day in Batangas?" How she managed to appear so cool, she didn't know. Nor did she know why that familiar nervousness had taken hold of her. "Er... May I introduce Aiko Urdas, my best friend. Aiko, this is Vic Galang, our Chairman."

"Ah... yes." Aiko did not let her down. She acted as if Vic Galang's name merely rang a bell. "Reyes has mentioned you to me. How do you do, Ma'am Galang?"

"Reyes? Oh but of course!" Vic smile was a real one. "I tend to forget that your best friend was once married." Her eyes moved from Aiko to Mika... and locked momentarily with the latter before flitting briefly to the rings on her wedding finger. "Nice to meet you, Miss Urdas. What brings you to Manila? You're in furniture business, I believe." Vic offered her hand which Aiko gladly took and shake.

"Yes, I am. I am just here for a seminar".

"I don't remember telling you that, Ma'am.... That my best friend is in furniture business."

Vic leaned frantically closer. "You did not. Well, if you'll excuse me, there is someone waiting for me. I hope to meet you again sometime, Miss Urdas."

Mika could not resist the temptation. As her boss walked away, she turned and stole a glance at the woman who was waiting for her. She was reading the menu, paying no attention to the people her escort had been saying hello to.

"Well, what a turn up!" Her BFF's voice was enthusiastic. "You did not mention that your boss is young. I envisaged someone older. And you never told me she is attractive either. Ang gandang-gwapo, Reyes. Makalaglag panty!"

Taken aback by the ring of accusation in her friend's last sentence, Mika shrugged her shoulder. "I thought I told you she is my age. And as for being good-looking... Aiks, di hamak na mas gwapo ka sa kanya."

"Salamat ha. Kahit alam kong, binobola mo lang ako."

Mika giggled. "Di ako nambobola. She's vaguely attractive, I suppose."

"There is nothing vague about the person, Miks, and you know it."

Mika changed the subject at once. How right her BFF was. Not in any respect could Vic Galang be described as vague. She had that certain something which drew attention whether she wanted it or not. It was far more than her stature which made her impossible to ignore; she had charisma. Even her soft butch bestfriend had been captured by it.

.

.

.

She got up earlier than usual come Friday, anticipating an unusually busy day. Cienne was going to have her pre-natal check-up and was taking the whole day off because Vic Galang was leaving for a cocktail party at three... and Mika was going with her. Until then, she'd be taking in Cienne's office and Vina Alinas would work at Mika's desk.

Vic emerged from her office as soon as Mika got in, before she had a chance to hang the dress she had taken to work with her. "Good morning, Mrs. Ravena. Is that what you are wearing to the party this afternoon?"

"Yes." She shook the dress out and hung it neatly on a hanger. It was appropriately, a cocktail dress, knee-length with a V-neck and tightly-fitting sleeves. It was made from black jersey which had a shiny thread running through it and it was, she thought, just right. But something in Vic Galang's voice put a doubt in her mind. "You don't think it's appropriate?"

She turned to look at her boss who was sitting on the typing chair, her feet stuck on the edge of Cienne's desk. As usual she wasn't wearing her coat, her thumbs hooked into the pockets of a snugly-fitting waistcoat which showed off her physique. Her broad shoulder lifted in a shrug. "Do you care what I think?"

"Yes, actually. If you don't think it's appropriate, I'll..."

"The style is appropriate. But you wear too much black for my liking. One could be forgiven for thinking you are still mourning."

Mika clamped her lips together, angered as much by her boss's words as the over-casual way in which she spoke them.

"How long is it since your husband died, Mrs. Ravena?"

"Almost four years," she said stiffly. She turned her back on Vic fiddled with the dress. "But I happen to think black is my color. I am told it suits me."

"By whom?"

"By various people."

Vic was annoying her and she couldn't really figure out why.

"I was surprised when I saw you in the restaurant last night." She went on. Mika thought she'd change the subject but she was wrong. "Interesting, I thought when I saw you... Mika Reyes-Ravena is 'not-so-straight' as she looks." She chuckled.

"Is that what you thought?" She turned to look at Vic, her eyes spitting fire again. "And then you discovered I was with my best friend."

"So I did." A slow smile started, a slow and infuriating smile which made her brown eyes lit up. "So tell me, what sort of men do you prefer? Or more politically correct, what sort of partner do you prefer, Mrs. Ravena? Would you consider yourself straight, Mrs. Ravena?"

Mika realized what it was that annoyed her. It was the way she was using her name--- often and with an unusual emphasis. "None, Ma'am Galang. I don't have any preference. I believe that love should be fluid. When you fall in love... you just fall."

"Indeed!" The word came lazily, curiously making Mika realize that Vic had extracted from her more than she intended to let her know. "So you are still mourning your husband."

Unconsciously, Mika's hands went to her hips in an attitude of aggression. She never talked to strangers about Kiefer and she was not going to start now. What went on her mind and her heart was nobody's business but hers. "Ma'am Galang, I have a great deal to do this morning."

Vic said nothing, she just looked at her, letting her eyes roam slowly over her face and down the length of her body until they came to rest on her hips. Mika dropped her hands, dispensing with the aggression in the pose she'd adopted, and up came her eyes, full of amusement now. "That's better", the boss said in a voice which was dangerously soft. Vic got to her feet, her eyes not leaving Mika for one instant. "And now if you'll excuse me, I too have a great deal to do."

For several seconds, Mika stood looking at the closed door. What on earth was that all about? And why hadn't she stood her ground? With just a look, Vic had managed to tell her off for her attitude towards her... and she had taken it! Why hadn't she told her that what she'd asked had nothing to do with business and had nothing to do with her?

Maybe she was being silly, but the incident managed to annoy her all morning. And what a morning it was. Vina's mother phoned to say her daughter was sick and could not come to work. Mika had to get on to Personnel and ask for someone to be sent to help her out. She had to spend half-an-hour with the girl, explaining things to her, and in between all this, the telephone rang with its usual frequency, she had to hunt for a file which had gone missing, and Vic Galang demanded to know why she was not at her desk when she buzzed for her.

By twelve o'clock, just when Mika was about to take her lunch break, the outer door opened and a most unlikely visitor walked in.

It was an old lady carrying several shopping bags, someone Mika had never seen before. She was wearing a full-length sable coat and incredibly, on her head, a battered red woolen hat. To say that that hat and coat laughed at each other would be an understatement and the impression of eccentricity was added to by the black plastic overshoes on the ends of very thin legs in a pair of lisle stockings.

Mika's eyebrows rose, but only slightly, and on her face there was a polite smile. She greeted the visitor as she would greet any other, having realized several things at once. The receptionist downstairs had not rung to announce the old lady's arrival, the fur coat she was wearing was genuine, as were the diamonds on her fingers, and she had not bothered to knock before opening the office door. This was someone who knew her way around, someone Mika ought to recognize. But she didn't.

"Good afternoon. May I help you?"

"My dear, you must be Mika Reyes-Ravena. How nice!" The soft cultured voice was another surprise. Had she spoken to this lady over the telephone before, she wondered. Mika approximated the age to be 70-80s, judging by the crinkled skin on her hands and face. There is no question that she had once been lovely. Her features told of this and her eyes spoke of curiosity and a zest for life which had not been diminished by the years.

Mika liked her at once. Her smile changed to laughter and she held out her hand as the old lady approached her. "I am... and you are...?"

"And where is the mother to be?" They'd spoken simultaneously. "I was hoping to congratulate her personally. I'll sit down here, my dear. Is there anyone in there with her? Is that coffee hot? I say, what a pretty blouse... Black's certainly your color."

Mika suppressed a smile, thinking her adorable. "Thank you." She dealt with one question at a time, as curious as anything, wondering how this person managed to look so small and lost when she was so acutely observant. She was painfully thin, and Mika towered over her. "Cienne has gone to the pre-natal clinic today. She took the day off. Ma'am Galang is just downstairs, in the finance department. She won't be long. Er... who shall I say wants to see her?"

"Oh! I'm her grandmother. Didn't I say? No, well, I don't often come to Makati." She went on as if that would explain the omission. "I'm Vic's paternal grandmother, Helena Galang. It would have been better without the 'A', wouldn't it? Just Helen, then it would flow better when you put the two names together."

It was more than Mika could do to suppress her smile. Laughter bubbled out of her as she silently went over the name, Helena Galang. "Yes, I see your point, though it has a certain rhythm as it is. Mrs. Galang, would you like a cup of coffee? It is nice and hot."

The old lady sat back and cuddled her coat around her. "No, thank you. I never touch that stuff."

"Er... oh. How about a cup of tea?"

"It is Mika, isn't it? What a lovely name. Well, Mika, I am not much of a tea drinker either."

"Then what can I get you?"

"A nice drop of whisky. Some of that very old stuff Vic keeps in her cabinet in there."

Mika fetched the bottle and a glass. There was only one sure way of getting this right. "Say 'when', Mrs. Galang."

"...When. And is there any hot water in your kettle? And a spoonful of sugar, perhaps? You would not have a slice of lemon, would you?"

Grinning like as Cheshire cat, the younger woman shook her head. "Not in here, but I could send down for some..."

"No... no. This will be fine. I don't want to put..."

The door swung open and Vic Galang walked in, her black eyebrows shooting up in astonishment. "Grannie!" She boomed, seeming more amazed than pleased. "What made you travel from Alabang to Makati? And why are you wearing that awful hat? Isn't it time you throw that away? And a fur coat? Nilalamig ka?"

The old lady didn't bat an eye. "The hat keeps my head warm and I have the fur coat because I can afford one. Good day, Victonara. I'm drinking your whisky and talking to Mika. You did not tell me what a pretty girl she is."

"No... we... I don't tell you everything, do I?" Vic's eyes were dancing with laughter... and love.

Something inside Mika melted and sent a feeling of tenderness surging through her. She looked in fascination at Vic Galang's eyes and forgot completely her hardness and her sarcasm, all the negative things about her. What a picture this made, this tall and strong person and this little lady, now chipping at one another as thought they were enemies... and loving every minute of it.

"The twins are on school holiday that is why I'm here."

"Grannie, I am well aware that my children are on holiday. Now don't do your batty act with me, what's their being on holiday get to do with your coming here?"

"I brought them to see the Christmas display in Makati."

"Good grief!" She bellowed suddenly, startling her secretary and her grandmother. "You did not drive here, did you? Not with my children in the car!"

"Don't be silly, Vic. I have not driven for twenty years."

"Grannie, you wrecked one of my father's cars only two years ago."

"Yes. Well, there was that one occasion... and don't boom at me like that! Does she bully you too, Mika?"

"Yes." She replied not looking at her boss.

"And is she rude to you as she is to me?"

"Yes."

Mika heard Vic's intake of breath and bit into her cheeks. She could feel the boss's eyes boring into her but she won't look at her.

"You'd better be careful, Vic. Mika is a Gemini borderline Cancer. You must learn to be gentle with her if you are to get on well with her."

They both looked at the old woman... Mika in astonishment and Vic with disdain.

"Aw, grannie! Don't start. Please!"

"But Mrs. Galang... how on earth did you know my birth sign is Gemini?"

"Mrs. Ravena", Vic's voice cracked like a whip. "Don't set her off. She just knows these things. Heaven help us, and I don't want her filling you head with all that.... Grannie!!!" She interrupted herself, her hands going up in an attitude of despair. "If you brought the children to see the display, where are they now?"

Helena Galang took a little sip of her warm whisky and shrugged. "Didn't I say dear? They are riding up and down the elevator. You know how they enjoy..."

"Oh, for heaven's sake!" Vic looked towards the ceiling. "Mika, go and retrieve them at once!"

She did. She walked down the corridor in a state of utter confusion, torn between anger and laughter. She had called her Mika for the first time ever but she had spoken to her as if she were a dog. 'Go and retrieve them at once.'

Her grandmother's visit was something they could well do without on this particular day--- oh, but she was a delight.

Mika pressed the lift button, giggling and irritated at the same time. If she had imagined Vic Galang had a grandmother, she'd never imagined she would call her 'Grannie'. It just sounded so odd coming from her.

The lift doors opened and Mika stuck her foot against one of them, her face breaking into a smile. "Have either of you been seasick?"

Two heads shook in unison and two pairs of eyes looked at her with uncertainty. Oh Lord, the two pair of eyes watching her are so very like their mother... and yet so different. These eyes had not yet discovered how to hide the thoughts behind them, had not yet learned what cynicism meant, had not lived long enough to reflect the world-weariness sometimes noticeable in Vic's eyes. Yet how similar they were, how brown, how dark the lashes that framed them.

"Did DaVic send you to fetch us?"

"Is she cross? She isn't cross, is she?"

"Are you her new secretary?"

Mika let out a long sigh, bemused by the twins' identical faces, bemused by their questions.

"I'm your Davic's ... dogsbody."

"Dogsbody?"

"What's a dogsbody?"

She regretted what she'd said instantly. Two faces were frowning, interested, entertained by a word they did not know the meaning of. She knew they were not going to let this drop. "Forget all about it, girls. All it means is that I'm a very busy lady, so come along. Your Davic wants you."

One of them groaned and stepped out of the lift. The other hung back. "Is she cross?"

Mika did not know the answer to that until she presented Vic with her children. She was at her desk, there was no sign of Grannie, and she was scribbling on a pad in front of her.

"Your children, Ma'am Galang."

She looked up frowning at them. "Good afternoon, you two. No more riding the elevator without my permission... which will not be granted during office hours. Understood?" She did not wait for an answer. "Now then, have you introduced yourself to Mrs. Ravena?"

It happened again, the heads shaking in unison.

"Very well." Vic got to her feet. "Mrs. Ravena, this is Rachel and this is Veronica, otherwise known as Ronnie. Rachel, Ronnie shake hands with Mrs. Ravena."

They did so, and Rachel said, "You've got very pretty eyes, Mrs. Ravena."

"We don't make personal remarks to people we're only just meeting', their mother informed them. "Sit down, children. As soon as Grannie reappears, we'll go upstairs and have some lunch. I suppose it was your idea to come to Makati by train, Rachel?" Vic turned to Mika. "For some obscure reason, my children like riding lifts, trains, and taxis."

"And escalators, DaVic".

"Oh yes, and escalators."

Mika smiled. Rachel, she'd noted, was the more outgoing of the two. It was just as well they were wearing different clothes or she would have trouble remembering which is which. Manong Tony, the ground floor security guard, had been right when he said they were identical. She went back to her own office and carried on as best she could, hoping that the rest of the day would not be as chaotic as the morning has been.

When Vic came back a few minutes later, the twins were ushered out of the office by their DaVic. "Mrs. Ravena, I'll just have lunch upstairs with my family. Ring Manang Fe and ask her to prepare the food, will you? Ask her to send whatever's on the menu at the canteen and that the girls will have ice cream for afters. Buzz Mang Berto first and tell him we are on our way up."

"Won't you join us, Mika?" The question came from Mrs. Galang, and Mika looked at her boss, feeling awkward, unsure how to answer.

Vic nodded. "We'd be delighted."

But she did not look as though she meant it. "Thank you, but no. I have a few things to finish off before we leave for the Meralco party.

"Don't worry about that. Anything that isn't done can wait till Monday. Did Cienne leave her keys with you?"

She was referring to the key which one needed to take the lift beyond 18th floor and the key to the penthouse. Mika nodded.

"Good. Then please join us when you have made your calls. Tell the operator where we are so they can put any urgent calls through upstairs. And bring that," she added pointing to her dress. "You might as well change upstairs and make use of the bathroom there."

There were in fact two bathrooms in the penthouse. Three probably--- assuming there was one en suite to the master's bedroom. Mika was shown to a guest room by Vic's chauffeur-cum-bodyguard, Manong Berto, and in there she left her change of clothing and her vanity case. It was the first time she'd been into the apartment, and it was both luxurious and vast, covering most of the floor of the building and comprising four guest bedrooms, a study, a games room in which there was a full-size billiards table, and a sparkling clean fitted kitchen-cum-breakfast room which had in it every piece of labor-saving equipment one could think of. It was Manong Berto who gave her the guided tour, at Vic's request. Manang Fe, the mayor doma, served lunch which was delivered by one of the waitresses from the dining room downstairs.

"Grannie, it's two o'clock." Vic checked her watch, explaining to her grandmother that she and Mika were leaving for Ortigas at three. "Would you like Manong Berto to take you home or have you more shopping to do?"

"You can leave us to our own devices, thank you." The old lady looked at the twins, her eyes full of mischief. "We have one or two things to buy and then we'll take a taxi to PNR station."

"Yey!!! You won't call Manong Lito to come and pick us up at the Alabang Station, will you, Grannie? We can take another taxi going home from there."

"Well, that will depend on how tired we are. We'll see."

"And bear in mind, you two," Vic Warned. "You are not to tire Grannie."

"Yes, DaVic." They gathered their shopping bags together, every items of which they showed to Mika earlier.

"Well, I think it's time I got changed. It was lovely meeting you, kids. Have fun this afternoon."

"We will see you again, won't we Miss Mika?" It was Ronnie who asked this, accompanied by enthusiastic nods from Rachel. They insisted on calling her Miss Mika because according to them, Mrs. Ravena sounded like a name of a stern teacher.

It was Mrs. Galang who answered the question. "Yes, of course you will. My dear," she smiled turning to Mika with a thin hand outstretched, "I've so enjoyed meeting you. Thank you for looking after me earlier." Her eyes flickered swiftly to Vic, who was helping the girls into their shoes. "And be warned." She added in a stage-whisper, planting an unexpected kiss on Mika's cheeks, "Her bite is just as bad as her bark. She is a Capricorn. She will learn all your secrets and..."

"Grannie, what are you whispering about?"

"Nothing, Vic. I was just saying my goodbye to Mika" The old lady replied giving Mika a mischievous wink.

What an interesting day this turned out to be... and it's only half past two in the afternoon. What more surprise this day has in store for me? Beats me....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 2.6K 37
When a teacher starts at a new school she is devoted to help her students. She's the caring type but still lives a partying life. Helping one of her...
196K 17.3K 68
Sequeal of 'Home To You' can be read stand alone. ©️All Right Sereved by me @deliciouspeach__ (writer_maira)©️ 25 years have passed and everything i...
2K 12 48
For Lena, Kara was the one she couldn't live without! For Kara, Lena was the one she was hopelessly in love with...she just never had the opportunity...
33.9K 3.7K 44
☆ Featured ☆ NA ✔︎ AmbassadorsNG ✔︎ Wattpad ✔︎ It's challenging to be yourself in a society where being a lesbian is an offense with a fourteen-year...