His Younger Sister • Jason To...

By AriiTheCouchPotato

Emily (Em) was the youngest Grayson. She wasn't a part of her families circus act but Emily was still as, or... More

000: Info
000: Characters
001: Introduction
002: Rachel Roth
003: Flashbacks
004: New Friends
005: A Visit
006: Uninvited Guests
007: Rescued
008: St. Pauls
009: Lions, and Tigers, and Bears. Oh My!
010: A Family Never Forgotten
011: Round Two
012: Alive?
013: I'm Awake
014: The Train
015: Bethany
016: Trigon
017: Home Base
018: Cat Fight
019: Training Gone South
020: A New Training Buddy
021: A First Time For Everything
022: Jason Or Rose
024: Fuck You
025: Prankster, Asshole, Or Both
026: Selfish
027: Half-Truth Or A Lie
028: A Real Date
029: Becoming Closer
030: A Job
Welp-
031: First Day
000: On Hold

023: Falling

1.4K 38 6
By AriiTheCouchPotato

"Hank was right. You were all right. Jason needs us. We can't just stand here and do nothing." Dick says, leaning against the kitchen counter.

I was just staring at my hands while listening to what he was saying. My mind was cycling through ideas of what could be happening to Jason at the moment and I was only getting more and more on edge.

"Deathstroke wants to make a trade, we'll make a trade." Dick continues.

"We can't hand over Rose." Hank states.

"Yeah, I'm not letting him take her." I speak up. "Think of another plan, Dick!"

"We won't." He tells me. "But I have an idea. Gar, you and Rachel stay here with Rose. Protect the tower. I'll contact Deathstroke, confirm our meetup at the Plaza. And then we take him down, once and for all, together."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Dick, what am I doing?" I ask, catching up to him.

"You'll stay here, I don't want you coming with us." He states.

"That's bullshit! I have to come with you guys." I exclaim.

"We've been over this, Em, it's not gonna happen." Dick says.

"Please? I have to make sure he's okay and if something happened and I wasn't there I could never forgive myself." My voice lowers. "I'm not gonna ask again... I need this."

It's quiet for a moment.

"Fine, you can come."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"We set?" Hank asks.

"Plaza's clear." Donna says.

"Yep." Kory agrees.

"I'm in position." Dawn states. "Dick, Emily, do you copy?"

"I copy, I'm in position." I respond.

"Dick, come in. Anybody got eyes on Dick?"

"Dick, we're at the Plaza. Where the fuck are you?" Hank asks.

"Dick, do not fucking do this." I tell him, having an inkling of what Dick's trying to do.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Kory throws fire at Deathstroke, to stop him from pressing a button to drop Jason off the side of the building and kill him, and knocks him down.

"Are you seriously listening to this bullshit?" Kory asks.

"What are you doing here?" Dick ignores the question.

"Did you really think you were gonna compliment my hair instead of saying goodbye, Dick Grayson?" Kory retaliates.

"And leave me without even an 'I love you', no fucking way is that going to happen." I tell him, spinning a knife in one hand and a gun in my other.

Where I got the knife, I'm still trying to wrap my head around but it doesn't matter to me in this moment. All that matters is killing this asshole and saving these other two assholes.

Deathstroke starts shooting at Kory, but she blocks it. Dick moves out of the way and I start shooting at Deathstroke, him dodging my open fire.

Dick grabs his vest and Deathstroke starts shooting towards him. Dick puts the vest infront of himself and directs the bullets away from his body. Deathstroke moves into shooting at me while I dodge and try to shoot back.

As I'm distracting him, Kory moves around and goes up to Dick and gets in a fighting stance, to protect him. A sound comes from outside and I look to see a helicopter flying around, shining it's light onto Jason and into the window.

This distracted me enough for Deathstroke to start shooting at me again, hitting my shoulder. I grip it in pain and stumble a bit.

"Emily!" Jason screams.

"I'm alright!" I call back, hoping he can hear me through the window.

Dick and Kory start fighting Deathstroke with hand-to-hand combat. By that I mean, Deathstroke uses a gun and the other two don't.

I'm leaning against a wall, just staring at Jason to make sure he isn't too injured. My shoulder starts bleeding out more and I try to move to the window without Deathstroke seeing me, just to quickly speak to Jason.

"Hey." I say, looking at him through the window.

"Hey." He says back, trying to get out of the handcuffs. "How're you doing?"

"Eh, could be better." I laugh, making my shoulder sizzle in pain. "What about you, how's the whole 'getting kidnapped' thing going?"

"Eh, could be better." Jason repeats what I said. "Watch out!"

I move out of the way in time for Deathstroke to miss me, making him topple to the ground. He stands up and starts fighting Dick and Kory again.

"Go get Jason!" She says, Pushing Deathstroke into a wall and the two of them fall through it.

"Jason! Hang in there, buddy!" Dick says and starts banging on the window.

Duck turns around when he hears a big explosion and runs towards there after telling Jason and I that he'd be right back.

I stand up and continue to hit the glass where dick was, before he ran off to help Kory. I keep banging on it but it isn't working as well, as my good arm was shot. All of the sudden I hear something and cover my ears, because it's really loud.

When I look back I see Deathstroke holding the button, and pushed it. My eyes widen and I look back to where Jason was.

"JASON!" I scream, watching the glass break and shatter all over me and Jason fall. "NO!"

I turn to Deathstroke and start to fight him again, until I see Dick run up to the window and say Jason's name. I go over to where he is and see Jason hanging from the window sill.

"Move over." I tell Dick, seeing him struggle with pulling Jason up with one hand.

I lean down and put my hand out and feel Jason skim it before he slips and falls, staring at me with fear and pain in his eyes.

I continued to try and grab at him, even when he was too far away. I stay laying on the ground with my eyes wide and tears fall down my face.

'I love him.' I realized. 'I love him and now he'll never know. God I'm so fucking stupid.'

I sob as he falls to the ground at high speeds, knowing I'll never see him again. I'll never share another moment with him, I'll never kiss him again. Everything we had would be gone. Forever. And there's nothing I can do but watch him fall because I was too cowardly to admit my real feelings.

I'm a joke.

•°•°•°•°•

Okayyy thennn. I don't really write angst but I hope this was acceptable.

This chapter is shorter than some of my other ones, I know, but it was still good (in my opinion)

*EDITED*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 4.6K 72
*quit correcting shit in the comments. i wrote this when i was, like, 12. and i don't use this account to write anymore. idgaf what i got wrong💀* Ti...
114K 3.5K 56
This story is a sequel to "Who We Are [Damian Wayne x Reader]," so you have to read that book first in order to understand the story. You can click m...
49.3K 1.6K 16
Book III of The Bride of the Demon series COMPLETED It has been two years since Y/n Queen and Damian Wayne parted ways. As her time away from the Dem...
23K 576 19
That story is about Kid Flash and Robin in Teen Titans not in Young Justice where they are best friends. The Titans weren't nice to Robin always doi...