Stone's Diary: Kairo

De _jasthewriter

It was 5 years later. Time has changed. The seasons came and gone as did people. With his parents troublesome... Mai multe

Chapter 1.) Memories Back Then
Chapter 2.) Kairo... 5 years later.
Chapter 3.) Lotus
Chapter 4.) Hustle
Chapter 5.) Mr. Nervous pt. 1
Chapter 6.) Opening Wounds
Chapter 7.) Temperance
Chapter 8.) Lust
Chapter 9.) Mr. Nervous continued
Chapter 10.) Envy
Chapter 11.) Was it Lust?
Chapter 12.) Stage 1: Recognizing It
Chapter 13.) Stage 2: Denial
Chapter 14.) The Dirty Secret
Chapter 15.) Mo' Money, Mo' Problems
Chapter 16.) Caged Bird
Chapter 17.) Phase 1: Cold Turkey
Chapter 18.) Phase 2: Night Sweats
Chapter 19.) Pick Ya' Poison
Chapter 20.) Bad Decisions
Chapter 21.) Moods
Chapter 22.) Games We Play
Chapter 23.) Forgiveness
Chapter 24.) Lotus pt. 2
Chapter 25.) Caught
Chapter 26.) Road to Recovery
Chapter 27.) Dirty Laundry pt. 1
Chapter 28.) Dirty Laundry pt. 2
Chapter 29.) Stuck pt.1
Chapter 30.) Stuck pt.2
Chapter 31.) What Makes You Feel?
Chapter 32.) What If?
Chapter 34.) Kitchen Conversations
Chapter 35.)
Chapter 36.) Fire and Desire
Chapter 37.) Just... Breathe
Chapter 38.) A Familiar Face
Chapter 39.) Rekindling
Chapter 40.) Carmen or Karma?
Chapter 41.) Dreams vs Reality
Chapter 42.) A New Leaf
Chapter 43.) Birthday Girl
Chapter 44.) Tricky
Chapter 45.) *T.W.*
Chapter 46.) Touchy Subject
Chapter 47.) The Renewal
Chapter 48.) Bound
Chapter 49.) The More You Know
Chapter 50.) Tread Lightly
Chapter 51.) Reality Check
Chapter 52.) Self-Destruct
Chapter 53.) Lucky
Chapter 54.) Sharing Wisdom
Chapter 55.) Be Honest
Chapter 56.) Broken Record
Chapter 57.) Q&A
Chapter 58.) Lurkin'
Chapter 59.) Then There was One
Chapter 60.) Prayer Warrior
Chapter 61.)
Chapter 62.) Plenty Money
Chapter 63.) First Base
Chapter 64.) Lucky vs The L-Word
Chapter 65.) Deja Vu?
Chapter 66.) It all Makes Sense
Chapter 67.) To Be Loved
Chapter 68.)
Chapter 69.) Grief
Chapter 70.) Heart to Heart
Chapter 71.) Confessions
Chapter 72.) Where I Wanna Be pt. 1
Chapter 73.) Where I Wanna Be pt. 2
Chapter 74.) Sexing You
Chapter 75.) Suited and Booted? pt. 1
Chapter 76.) Suited and Booted? pt. 2
Chapter 77.) Made to be Together
Chapter 78.) Won't Leave Your Side
Chapter 79.) Bury Your Demons
Chapter 80.) Signs

Chapter 33.) Talk About It

929 77 269
De _jasthewriter

"Hey... can we talk?" Renae asked King, leaning against the door of his quiet room. It's been an hour since Kairo had left to go over Kelly's place and Renae had figured that King would be walking around the house by now, but he was still inside the room, quiet.

"Yeah... wassup?" King attempted to seem a bit excited but Renae took the liberty of restudying his body language.

"You've been in here since you... y'know... moved in... what's going on?" she closed the door behind her and sat next to him on the sofa.

King remained quiet for a moment, just wanting to calm his raging thoughts before he glanced at her. He had a lot on his mind but decided to talk to her about the less upsetting topic.

"You know I love you, right?"

Renae became nervous, "Did I... did I do something?"

"I love you and I love how much you've changed, I swear I do... I just... I'm not trying to come at you, I'm just asking because I want to hear your side... did you disrespect dukes?"

Renae's twisted her face up and thought to get crazy but stopped herself. She already had to lay hands on her ex-best friend and now her mother-in-law was lying?

"I know how you are, Nae and that's why I'm asking because tha' way she was explaining things... it ain't even sound right."

"So why are you asking me this as if you believed her a little bit?" she frowned.

King just stared at her for a moment then Renae sighed, "Sorry," she mumbled then shook her head, "Maybe the way that I spoke to her was mean but I was just overwhelmed. I felt like she didn't care about your drinking problem and yes, I said some stuff that I shouldn't have, but I don't regret it at all."

King studied her for a moment then cleared his throat, "I love you, let me start with dat and I stand with you a hundred percent for how you handled things but I don't want y'all beefin, ma."

Renae pursed her lips, "She said some foul shit."

King chuckled, "And didn't you?"

Renae cut her eyes at him, "In my defense, I was defending you since you couldn't."

King smirked, "You ain't get all crazy with her?"

"I mean..." Renae paused then busted out laughing when King quirked a brow. "I didn't... she was going in... there was a small moment where I had a thought to put my hands on her, but I didn't."

King tried not to laugh.

"Look," Renae took a deep breath, "I love you... I realized that no matter what, I always will love you and King... don't take this wrong, but like I told your mom... when it comes to her being a mother to you, she is never there for you the way that she should be."

"Nae-"

"I'm sorry," she cut him off, "But it's how I felt and feel. She knew you had a problem and let you get out of control. Yeah, you're grown but damn it, I left you with her, hoping that she would look out for you... I just couldn't understand why, I was able to get you help quicker than she could, and she's been with you through all of this longer than I have been."

"She doesn't know how to react in situations like dat... I'm not excusing her and I can't blame her for my drinking problem but after other incidents... Nae, I had to tell myself dat I'm just not what she really wanted and I've been learning to be ok with it."

"And that's not fair to you," she reminded. "What if things would have never gotten back good between us? You could have died, King and I kept trying to get her to understand that but she... I just won't say anything else," she mumbled the last part.

"I'm not mad at you, Nae."

"Yeah," she muttered.

Smirking, King playfully nudged her, "You kicked her out but put her in a crib, you ain't have to do dat but I know you did it for me. I said it once, but you saved my life, Nae and I'll always thank you for dat... I just hate how things turned out."

"I just... I'm just tired of how weird everyone has been acting... but if you want me to apologize, I'll do it."

"Nah," King shook his head. "You don't need to."

"You sure?"

"I'm sure," he pulled her onto his lap.

The two sat in silence for a moment until Renae spoke up, "There's something I wanted to talk to you about..."

King furrowed his brows, "It sounds serious."

Renae slowly nodded, "When we um... when we were separated and messed around that one night."

King remained quiet.

"I had been doing these treatments and um... I got pregnant."

King's body stiffened and he stared at her a bit confused and conflicted.

"The pregnancy only lasted a month..."

King stared at her curiously, "You had an abortion?"

"I lost it," she answered. "And I wanted to talk to you because I wanted to restart the treatments but... I wanted your permission this time."

King scratched his brow and leaned into the sofa. Taking a deep breath, trying to grasp the pregnancy news and her recent request, King was a bit stunned.

"I should have told you before, so I'm sorry," she apologized.

"I... you was pregnant?" he finally asked.

Renae nodded, "I wanted to know if you wanted to see if it could happen again?"

Running his hands down his face, King took a deep breath and held it for a moment before staring at her, "You can't... We can't... can we?"

"I have a thirty-percent chance at it happening again... but if you're ok with it, I can start again."

"Can I get some time to think about it? Did you forget what tha' doctor said?" he queried.

"I didn't... and I know the risks... which was why I stopped doing the treatments after the miscarriage happened... I don't know... I guess with everything that has happened with us, I just thought, why not? Y'know?"

"Yeah... let's revisit dis topic a lil later," he softly chuckled. . .

"What do you think it means?" Kelly asked Kairo as they moved about in the kitchen cooking. They were making garlic and honey glazed salmon with cajun-styled alfredo using farfalle pasta, crab meat, and sausages with homemade cheddar biscuits on the side.

"The only thing I can come up with is Zaire getting too deep in some shit with Delano... why else would I have a dream like dat?" he asked, adding the pasta into the sauce mixture.

"When's the last time you hung out with him?"

"It's been a while... I feel bad tho because before I stepped back from tha' streets, we were always together."

"I think, you should call him and check on him... I'm sure he's feeling a bit awkward because of the fight between your mom and his mom... didn't you say that she accused you of giving him money?"

Kairo nodded, "That's part of tha' reason why Dukes had to lay hands on her, but you right, I'ma hit his line."

"Now... about your mom, do you think that she's the suicide type?"

Kairo sighed, "I don't think so... back then, before she had us, yeah. But now? Nah, I can't see her doing something like dat... but my pops said he dreams about her name engraved on a headstone a few times... what is dat supposed to mean?"

"Well..." Kelly began as she grabbed the cheddar biscuits out of the oven, "It can mean a few things, but I would start by asking, do you think maybe it's another warning about Trent?"

Kairo stared ahead for a moment then nodded, "I was trying to avoid dat topic, but I feel like dat nigga a lot crazier than we know."

"Do you feel like he'll become a problem... eventually?"

Kairo sucked his teeth, "He might but if dat nigga try anything, he'd be dead quicker than he can blink."

Kelly stared at him for a moment and Kairo only shrugged. Once they finished cooking, they sat at the dining table to finish their conversation while eating until Kelly's dad called to check on her. Why she spoke with her dad, Kairo put the rest of the food away and washed the dishes.

Meanwhile, Renae found herself keeping busy in the kitchen. The twins would be in Virginia in an hour and Renae wanted to have a home-cooked meal waiting on them. Curry chicken and potatoes, over rice with fried plantains, and Pillsbury honey-glazed biscuits on the side. Since Renae knew King wasn't a big fan of fried plantains, she made Spanish rice for him.

She's been in the kitchen for almost two hours and King remained in his quiet room. She felt bad for bringing up the baby topic and would admit that it was wishful thinking. She understood her risks and after everything she and the family went through with her fighting and beating cancer, she would understand if King shot the idea of bringing in another baby into the world.

If it meant risking her life to carry one, she knew that King would choose her as would their kids. Renae also knew that she didn't come this far to grow just to slip up. She would admit though, the idea of having another baby did bring her joy but how much more joy did she need if she already had it in her kids, husband, and herself?

Wishful thinking.

But, part of her wanted to go for it.

Maybe we could get a surrogate, she thought to herself.

Do I wanna do that tho?

People be crazy.

What if the bitch tries to keep my baby?

Then you gon' have to tap that ass, her inner voice said and she chuckled.

"WHAT YOU DOING!" Dajon's disguised voice scared the hell out of Renae just as she was lifting the lid.

"Day-freaking-JON!"

"Sister," he gave a goofy grin as she wiped up the mess.

Glaring at him through slit lids, Renae only shook her head, walking towards the sink, "I didn't hear you come in."

"When do you ever? You know I move like a ninja," he playfully shoved her. "What time are my monsters getting here?"

"Between eight and eight-thirty," she replied then popped his hand when he tried to still a biscuit.

"Ray called me early this morning and said she wanted to talk to us... had me a lil nervous," he admitted and Renae chuckled.

"Kaari said the same."

Dajon furrowed his brows, "You know what about?"

Renae slyly stopped herself from smirking. She was a woman and mother and knew her assumptions were right but didn't want to speak out of term. "No clue," she shrugged.

"Probably pregnant," he nonchalantly muttered, grabbing a banana.

Renae cut her eyes towards him and smirked, "Are you and Ary still trying for another?"

"Sometimes... I do want a lil girl but sometimes I'm ready to get her pregnant and sometimes I'm like... we can wait."

"I know she wanted a girl... I can see you as a girl-dad," she teased.

"Shit, you better. My nieces love me, I'm freaking awesome!"

Renae busted out laughing.

"Here yo loud ass go," King's voice came from the back.

"Here yo grandpa ass go, what up, dawg?" Dajon chuckled, embracing him.

"Ain't shit old 'bout me, when you get here?"

Renae stood in the back noticing how King's energy seemed to brighten up.

"A few minutes ago, you been in the room all day?"

King casually shrugged, "Just thinking."

"Hmm," Dajon glanced over at Renae then back to King, "You good?"

King shrugged again then cleared his throat, "When tha' last time you spoke to Kwan?"

Dajon cut his eyes at Renae who was too busy focused on dinner. "We speak in passing... he kinda shut himself off from us after shorty got exposed."

King leaned against the counter and folded his arms as his eyes followed Renae's movements for a while. Dajon stood back watching the small gesture and found it amusing how easily his brother-in-law could get distracted by his sister.

"Over here," Dajon whispered, trying not to laugh when King's eyes traveled lower.

"I um..." King cleared his throat, "What were we talkin' bout?"

"Dawg," Dajon laughed but understood. "Kwan going ghost."

"Oh yeah... he came over when I got released but dat was tha' last I heard from him. I know he a lil salty about how he found out about shorty creeping."

"Fuck that bitch," Renae muttered, flipping the plantains.

Dajon cracked a smile and King found himself getting lost in Renae's movements again.

"You think we should go over and do a wellness check?"

"Nah... I told him before I left to check his bitch... he'll be a'ight," King answered, still watching Renae.

"He is like family tho, but you're right," Dajon replied and King glanced at him.

"It'd probably be wrong of me to just go over there and whoop his ass?"

Dajon and Renae stared at King oddly. "Why you wanna fight him?" Dajon tried to laugh off the awkwardness.

"I just hate when shit happens when I'm not around... come to think about it," King cocked his head and squinted. "He tried to touch her after tha' first fight."

"Now wait a minute, gang," Dajon held his hands up when King attempted to walk out of the kitchen.

"King, don't go over there and fight that man. He didn't touch me," Renae clarified.

"That's 'cause Ary said something... correct me if I'm wrong, but a nigga sizing up a woman just don't add up."

Renae and Dajon exchanged looks.

"How about we go to yo lil room and talk business?" Dajon suggested, recognizing the menacing look in his eyes. It was as if a switch flipped.

"Niggas really don't take me seriously when I say I don't give a damn bout taking a life."

"Kingston," Renae asserted.

Staring at her for a minute, he sighed, "A'ight," he headed out and Dajon followed behind.

***

The twins made it to the house by 8 and everyone was at the table by 9. The boys pooped in to speak to Renae and them then had to dip out to pop in on their family. King was still a bit upset about the Kwan situation but put his pride to the side so everyone could enjoy the night. Other than the kids, Bryson, Laiya, Ary, and Dante were also there and enjoying the food and small get-together. Kairo did invite Zaire but he wasn't sure if he planned to stop by.

"So..." Renae began, glancing at the twins momentarily, "What do you two want to talk to us about?"

"Cut right into it why don't you," Dajon chuckled.

"I'm just curious," she snickered, placing more plantains on her plate.

Reign cleared her throat and looked around awkwardly, "I wanted to do dis wit, Shawn... but I guess not."

Kairo's brows creased but he decided to hold off on speaking.

"Well-"

"I'm pregnant!" Kaari nervously blurted and Reign's eyes widened.

"Wah?!"

"Mm-hmm," Kaari mumbled, picking up her glass of lemonade.

"Mi did ah gwaan say di same," Reign attempted to whisper to her but everyone heard.

Kaari gasped, "Bitch, why yuh ain't tell mi yuh were expecting? I'm yur freaking twin!"

"Yuh did di same!"Reign reminded.

"They just gon' sit here and have dis side conversation as if we aren't even here?" Assyria whispered to Ava and she busted out laughing.

"We are still here," Dajon chuckled, catching the twins attention.

Ary sat there grinning a mile a second as she tried to keep her inner scream from coming out. She wanted to make sure Renae and King were ok with the news first before she acted a plum fool.

Reign and Kaari stared at each other for a second then busted out laughing.

"Pregnant," Kairo tapped the plate. "Y'all just gon' drop a bomb like dat and act like we ain't here?"

"Well..." Kaari smiled awkwardly, "We're pregnant."

There was a brief silence until... "I'm gonna be a freaking aunt!" Assyria shrieked, causing everyone else to laugh.

"Well." Reign stared at her parents.

Renae smirked, cutting her eyes at King who seemed in his head.

"Uh-oh," Dajon and Bryson mumbled.

"Daddy?" Kaari called.

"Congrats," King spoke softly before excusing himself.

"I knew it!" Renae grinned, "But I'll be back," laughing, she excused herself and followed after King.

"Oh, fuck it," Ary threw her hands up, "CONGRATULATIONS DAMN IT!"

"What she said," Kairo added.

"Done made me a great-grandpa... Lord, I'm getting old," Bryson spoke up and everyone erupted in laughter.

"I call dibs on being tha' rich auntie," Ava stated.

"I already called it!" Assyria shrieked.

"Y'all both dumb, we all rich," Kairo reminded then groaned when both sisters went upside his head.

"I'm tha' rich auntie 'cause I'm older," Ava casually shrugged and Assyria mugged her.

"Anyways," Kairo said, returning his focus to his sisters, "Congratulations lil heads, how far along are y'all?"

"Five months," Reign replied.

"tres," Kaari giggled then laughed harder when Reign gasped.

"Yeah, y'all twin for real... dis is witchcraft," Ava joked.

Before anyone could respond, Renae and King returned and everyone's focus was on King's as he walked around the table to the twins. Reign's and Kaari's heart was thumping in their chest but their poker face was immaculate.

"You think he gon' choke 'em?" Assyria jokingly asked Ava and Kairo.

"Lil bit," Kairo tried not to laugh at his baby sister's foolishness.

"Just saying," she snickered.

Staring at his firstborns for a while, King squatted in front of them and smiled, "Y'all finally turned me into a grandpa, congratulations."

"A handsome grandpa," Renae chimed in and everyone busted out laughing at the expression he made.

After eating, congratulating the twins again, and asking questions, Bryson had to call it a night for work but little Laiya wanted to stay the night and of course, Renae had no issues with it but in doing so, Dante also asked if he could stay the night. Dajon jokingly said no and got jumped on by Assyria and Laiya, until he agreed. By 11, the house was cleared and the twins were in Ava's room with Assyria as they went over new designs Ava was creating.

Dante was in the room with Kairo playing on his ps4 and Laiya was in the bedroom with Renae and King, as Renae worked on her hair. Of course, she had a lot of questions to ask the two, especially since they were living in the same house again but Renae and King did a good job at dancing around the subject.

"Zuriiii?" Laiya sang, swinging her little feet.

"Laiyaaa," Renae mocked her and King chuckled when Laiya started cheesing.

"How come people die?"

King placed his iPad down and stared at Renae for a moment then at Laiya.

"Um... what made you ask that?" Renae queried.

"Eve said you almost did."

Renae frowned and turned to King, who mirrored her expression, "When did she say that?"

Laiya shrugged, "A while ago, but mom told her not to say it around me anymore."

"Mmm," was Renae's respectful response.

"How's school, lil mama?" King decided to change the subject knowing that Renae was coming up with a few ways to beat Eve's ass again.

"I like school, Daddy says that I won't like it when I go to high school," she answered then giggled.

"You might like it, it all depends," he stated then picked up his ringing phone. "Yo?"

"Don't say anything around Zuri, but I just got in from taking the trash out and I just saw a car creeping around the corner," Dajon whispered.

Sitting up, King eased out of bed as Laiya and Renae carried on their own conversation. "What kind of car?" he asked, stepping out into tha hall.

"Hard to see, but it looked like a BMW. I think it was green or it might've been blue, shit was hard to see."

"You still outside?" King asked, heading down the stairs.

"Finna walk back out now," he replied.

"A'ight," King disconnected the call and slipped out the front door just as Dajon was stepping out.

"Do you think that Delano nigga found out where nephew stays?" Dajon queried and King shook his head.

"He may be hard in his city but dat nigga ain't dumb enough to even attempt to come around here," King said as they walked down to the street.

"Who else could be creeping around then?"

King pondered for a second before replying, "I was about to say something, but he ain't stupid either."

Dajon was curious now, "Who?"

"Trent."

Dajon's brows creased, "Trent... I ain't hear that nigga name in a minute. Why would he be creeping around?"

King went to speak but caught himself, "I'ma have to get some cameras set up out here."

"I'ma talk with Von and see if he can put on to some good one, you think we should tell Zuri just in case?"

King shook his head, "Nah, we can handle it but if it is dat nigga, just know he dying."

Dajon stared at him for a moment then glanced toward the crescent moon. He knew his brother-in-law too well, there was something that King was keeping from him but he wouldn't pry just yet. If Trent was a bigger problem than Renae said then things were going to get real real.

************************

What do you guys think?

How are you feeling?

Mini update on me on as to why I've been ghost: Y'all already know my classes had started in August but in the midst of me stressing with classes and these exams every damn week, my grandma, aunt, and mom contracted cov!d. My aunt and mom are fine now but are suffering some side effects of it but my grandma passed away. So... life has been a bit eh but I won't complain.

I appreciate all the messages I've been getting from you all and I'm sorry for leaving y'all hanging.

Also, if you guys have any tips as far as balancing personal life and school, I would appreciate it. My English professor makes it his mission to make sure we are putting time aside for self-care and I told him, with everything that has happened, I am just going with the wind.

Any suggestions?

I hope you all have been doing well out here, I can't believe it's almost time for Christmas! Time definitely does not wait for anyone. 😭

**

I just noticed something as well, I don't know if it's because I bought a new phone or if WP did something with their recent updates but I was rereading this book and noticed that the chapter that previously had 30+ pages went down to 20-18... is it just me or have you guys noticed that as well? Or has it always been like that on you guy's phone?

I know when I was using my 8, my word count was either 2800-4000 with 28-38 pages at the max. But when I was reading on my 11, the pages lessened. I just wanted to know if I was tripping or if things actually changed.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

It All Started With You De Itx_rere

Ficțiune adolescenți

160K 3.3K 30
Azariah Williams, 16 years old with a 2 year old baby. At age 14, she gave her virginity to a boy named Phillip Matthews, who was 18 at the time and...
650K 20K 54
22 year old August Alsina, was the youngest King Pin in New Orleans. He had it made, the cars, the clothes, fancy house, cars, girls, you name it! Bu...
2.3K 193 12
22-year-old Nimue Nyli Dowell was fresh out of college with little money to her name and left with a boatload of backed-up bills from her oldest sist...
72.5K 1.2K 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ October 27, 2020 Ended ~ January 30, 2021 ~ Started editing ~ March 11, 2021 End Editing ~ April 27, 2021 ****...