Now I'm changed {soukoku}

By Imabakuhoe

After Dostoyevesky's death having Dazai nearly witnessing the death of all of his friends, he finally has an... More

β™‘ Prologue β™‘
✧ Chapter One ✧
β™‘ Chapter Two β™‘
✧ Chapter Three ✧
β™‘ Chapter Four β™‘
✧ Chapter Five ✧
β™‘ Chapter Six β™‘
✧ Chapter Seven ✧
✧ Chapter Nine ✧
β™‘ Chapter Ten β™‘
✧ Chapter Eleven ✧
β™‘ Chapter Twelve β™‘
✧ Chapter Thirteen ✧
β™‘ Chapter Fourteen β™‘
✧ Chapter Fiteen ✧
β™‘ Chapter Sixteen β™‘
✧ Chapter Seventeen ✧
β™‘ Chapter Eighteen β™‘
✧ Epilogue ✧

β™‘ Chapter Eight β™‘

3K 87 200
By Imabakuhoe

Dazai was honestly expecting to wake up next to a sleeping Chuuya, unfortunately, he woke up all alone in a relatively cold bed, his behind hurting more than he'd like to admit. His brow furrowed in vexation as a frown of lament crept its way onto his face. He could sense a bad aura emanating from the living room. Dazai was assuming Chuuya was upset -or angry, he didn't know, they were much the same thing when it came to Chuuya -this could only mean one thing, Chuuya didn't remember anything and now he was regretting it.

The thought of that tugged at Dazai's heart a lot more than he'd like to admit and he felt a sense of sadness and dread bubble through his body at the thought that he had to go and eat something and face a regretful and angry Chuuya. It filled him with nervousness. But at the same time, why exactly was Chuuya mad? He couldn't be mad at him, could he? He hadn't done anything, he wasn't even in the right state of mind at the time.

Dazai shook his head trying to suppress his feelings. He got out of the bed with a mixture of a whine and a groan, his legs felt like jelly, a sharp pain shot from the bottom of his feet up to the end of his spine. Groaning, he went to search through some of Chuuya's clothes not failing to notice that he had kept a lot of the clothes that Dazai had lent him on their missions and always "forgot" to give back.

In the end, he settled on a large black sweatshirt and some grey sweatpants, then with a nerve-wracking sigh he opened the door and walked into the kitchen. He glanced around the room and saw Chuuya with his back turned, across the living room smoking on his balcony, he had a warm jumper on and white sweatpants on, to shield him from the chilly December air. Dazai shivered slightly as he sat down at the aisle with his back to Chuuya, not knowing what to say.

The tension in the air was a lot like a deadly still lake, if anyone said anything they would be dropping a boulder in the lake and disrupting the eerie peacefulness. Dazai decided to stay quiet and eat his croissant, if he didn't say anything he wouldn't be the one to drop the boulder, Chuuya would be.

Truthfully Dazai had expected it to take a lot longer for a Chuuya's stubbornnesses to break, but somehow, and very unlike him, Chuuya calmly spoke.
"Do you remember anything?" Chuuya asked, his voice was raspy from all the smoking he had done (Chuuya did that when he was stressed.)

Dazai didn't turn around and instead turned his gaze towards the table
"Yeah, I remember everything." He breathed out, closing his eyes sadly as he heard Chuuya mutter a bunch of swear words under his breath
"It doesn't matter anyway. We were both drunk." Dazai paused hesitantly.
"You obviously regret that it even happened so it's best to forget about it."
"Forget about it? Regret it? That's not the fucking problem!" Chuuya retaliated turning around from leaning back on the balcony, staring daggers at Dazai's back, causing him to finally turn around, only to bear witness to an angry Chuuya glaring at him, yet again after so many weeks of truly showing how he felt, without even realising it Dazai hid
behind his usual mask.

"Then what is the problem?" He asked stoically, giving back the hardest and most believable glare he could muster.
"The fact I don't fucking remember anything! How do I know I didn't hurt you? Also what about our damn relationship?! What are we supposed to fucking do now?!" Chuuya spoke his tone getting increasingly louder
"You didn't hurt me so if we forget about it nothing will change. It's a simple as that, why do you have to make such a big drama out of fucking everything?" Dazai snarled back his sense of hurt overpowering his anger
"Because unlike you I give a shit if I treat people like they're garbage!"

Crack.

"I do care? Are you stupid?" Dazai asked causing Chuuya to laugh bitterly at him
"Care? You? Since when? All you do is manipulate and play with people."

Another Crack.

"In the Mafia maybe, I'm not an eighteen-year-old disappointment anymore"
"I'd beg to fucking differ, you act like you're different but deep inside your still that cold-blooded maniac you were!"

Crack

"Will you shut up and stop talking?" Dazai muttered, turning his sharp gaze away from Chuuya
"All this is because we were drunk. Nothing would have happened if we weren't." Chuuya stared at him incredulously
"Didn't you understand that this isn't the problem?"
"THEN WHAT IS THE FUCKING PROBLEM?!? Dazai shouted
"THE FACT I COULD HAVE HURT YOU AND I WOULDN'T HAVE A CLUE!"
"Are you deaf? You didn't hurt me! if it makes you feel better I was the one who made the first move."
"Yeah right! You could say that and completely lie to me."
"What am I going gain from lying to you about this? I said just drop it."

Chuuya threw his arms upwards in exasperation, letting out a groan of contained anger
"Just when I was starting to fucking hate you less you go and pull shit like this, God fucking damn it Dazai. I really fucking hate you."

Shatter.

The mask completely cracked and crumbled to the floor, scattering his cold hard stare all over the floor. A look of unfamiliar hopelessness, betrayal and sadness was ever-present on Dazai's face, even Chuuya in all of his rage recognised the rare look of hurt on the brunet's face, it was the first droplet of guilt that would end up building up into an entire ocean of it.

"I see." Dazai spoke back in barely a whisper his voice cracking slightly, the tenderness and vulnerability caught Chuuya off guard, making him unable to retaliate, all he could do was watch as the taller walked out of the room and into the bedroom, swiftly and quietly, closing the door incredibly gently. Leaving Chuuya feeling bewildered in the living room.

Chuuya sat down on the couch, angrily snatching a spare packet of cigarettes, not even caring to go onto the balcony to smoke, the door was open if the smoke chose to stay inside that was its problem, not his. Then after hearing the shower and a loud thud Dazai emerged from the bedroom fully clad in his usual attire, hiding the limp he still had as best he could. Chuuya heard him walk across the to the front door
"Where are you going?" He questioned though he didn't turn to look at him.
"Somewhere, where it seems no one hates me." Dazai whispered before closing the door behind him.

The ginger sighed half in frustration half in guilt at the quietness of the apartment. He wasn't mad at Dazai at all, he was mad at himself and just as he had done when he was younger he channelled that anger towards Dazai and the more time passed the worse he felt.

With a wavering sigh, he decided that he didn't want to die of lung cancer so he got up and extinguished his fourteenth cigarette, then threw it in the bin, going to his bedroom to take his mind off of everything and clean.

As he stood at the doorway, his eyes glanced around the room through to figure out where to start. Coincidentally the first thing his eyes met was his shirt that lay sprawled out on the floor just by the edge of the bed

"What?"
"You're cute"
"I think you're the cute one"
"Yeah that's why I'm topping"

Chuuya clutched his head a sharp pain accompanying what appeared to be something that had happened last night. He saw a vivid image of Dazai laughing lightly underneath him, with nothing but his bandages on.

Chuuya sat on the bed running his hands through his hair with a sigh, so this was how it was going to be? He was going to randomly remember things throughout the day, the good thing was at least Chuuya's fears that he had somehow taken advantage of Dazai were put to rest, it seemed like they had somehow managed to have a few laughs during sex too, not particularly surprising but reliving nonetheless.

Chuuya continued to clean, he changed the bedding and allowed air to flood through the room as he washed and dried his clothes.

━━━━✦❘༻❤️‍🩹༺❘✦━━━━

Meanwhile, Dazai walked along the streets unseen and ignored as if he was nothing but a ghost, hidden but still present. He was smart enough to know Chuuya didn't mean any of it, well at least that's what he was trying to tell himself, a large part of him was hammering down at his heart that, that was really how Chuuya felt and in a blind rage had forgotten to keep all his clandestine feelings to himself. Dazai also felt some sort of anger towards himself, the more he replayed the argument in his head the worse he felt at how easily his mask was able to fall off, he didn't know that the less he wore it the harder it was to keep it on. It made sense really. The more you wear a mask the more you become used to breathing, but once you take it off and you allow yourself to breathe properly, putting that mask on again will make it harder to keep it on longer.

Dazai felt so caught up in his own feelings that he didn't notice a dark hooded figure creeping upon him, it was only once he felt a hand clasp around his mouth and eyes that he realised he had gotten himself captured.

And then he blacked out.

━━━━✦❘༻🍷༺❘✦━━━━

It was fine at first, Dazai being gone for an hour or two, even three or four was acceptable, he was grown man after all but four hours turned into five and five turned into six and now seven hours in Chuuya was beginning to feel nervous, Dazai was a grown man but he was Suicidal man too.

When he cleaned earlier he had found Dazai's phone keys and wallet which implied that he didn't plan to be gone for a long time especially with Atsushi being in hospital. Chuuya decided to call people from the agency on Dazai's phone to ask if they had seen him and they all had said they hadn't even heard from him, they had all said it didn't matter and he'll probably be back. That was until Chuuya told them that they had argued and the brunet left everything and just left and that's when they all realised that there was clearly something wrong, so they all went around searching if they weren't busy. Chuuya was even willing to ask Ranpo for some help but he wasn't even in the city he was on the complete other side of Japan.

Chuuya called people from the Mafia (except for Kyōyō, if she found out that Dazai was missing because rog what he had said, he was going to get a really, really bad scolding) he asked if they had seen Dazai wondering around on the streets, even Higuchi had gone to look on CCTV systems to see if anything was visible, but nothing.

Chuuya wanted to pull his hair out in anger, he was well aware that if Dazai didn't want to be found he wouldn't be, but that didn't make it any less vexing. The last person he called was Akutagawa except that it wasn't Akutagawa who picked up.

"Hello? Dazai-san?"
Chuuya's heart dropped at the sweet voice coming from the other end of the phone
"Atsushi?" The ginger breathed out, this was the worst timing he could have had.... -okay maybe not the worst- Chuuya had heard that in Atsushi's first-ever mission he had met Akutagawa and gotten his leg lopped off, that was probably worse than waking up when your mentor has disappeared.

"Oh hello, Chuuya-san! Wait- isn't this- this is Dazai-san's number?" Atsushi asked, he had wanted to see speak to him and see him, Akutagawa had told him how worried Dazai had been and wanted to reassure him that he was alright. But Chuuya couldn't avoid the topic or lie about it either, he had to come clean,
"Missing." Chuuya sighed, there was really no way to sugarcoat it and then a heavy silence passed between them
"What- what do you mean missing?" The silver-haired male asked cautiously
"We argued and I said everything I shouldn't have, so he just up and left."
"You argued? About what?.... IF-if you don't mind telling of course..." Atsushi trailed off
"Something...something happened between us last night and I felt mad at myself and I took my anger out on him." Chuuya muttered more guilt forming at the pit of his stomach as the words that he spat at Dazai replayed in his mind.
"I see...huh-?" Chuuya could hear a deeper voice and muffled sounds of conversation happening until they became clear
"Chuuya-san, Dazai-San's missing?"
It was Akutagawa,
"Yeah."
"I'm sure he's fine, he's done this before right?"
"Yes, but we've argued and I was a fucking dick and he didn't even take his stuff with him. He's been gone for seven hours now."

"Why don't you go check in all his favourite places?" Atsushi suggested, Chuuya put his hand on hip thinking deeply, though speaking absentmindedly
"That would be the bar...and probably- hmmm- OH- OH ODASAKU! Thank you, Atsushi! Bye Akutagawa!" Chuuya spoke quickly as the satisfying click in his head resonated, he ran into his room and chucked on his usual attire slipping his hat onto his head then began a sprint down the corridor to his motorcycle.

He decided that calling Five and Seven was also a smart thing to do; they were part of the plan and if Dazai wasn't found they'd have to improvise, plus they could also help look for him.

"Dazai-sama is missing? What? He just up and left?" Seven questioned
"Yeah pretty much, I'm gonna drive around to see if I can find him, do you mind helping me, if we don't find him in time-"
"The plans will have to change." Five finished grimly
"Exactly." Chuuya finished as he sat on his motorcycle
"Alright, we'll look, if we find anything we'll notify you."
"Thank you."

━━━━✦❘༻❤️‍🩹༺❘✦━━━━

Chuuya sped to a flower store first, getting some white lilies, he then placed them in a small box at the end of his motorcycle and then made his way to Odasaku's grave. Much to his disappointment Dazai was nowhere to be found so Chuuya placed the flowers gingerly down onto Odasaku's grave, giving a small bow then took his leave. Odasaku may not have meant anything to him but he did to Dazai and for that he had Chuuya's respect.

Chuuya then went to check at Bar Lupin and of course like had expected there was no Dazai however the trip wasn't all for nothing because as soon as Chuuya stepped closer to the counter to ask if at least Dazai had visited a sharp pain shot through his head again

"Don't say things like that and give me that look"
"Hmm? Why not?"
"You look like you're asking for it."
"But what if I am asking for it?"

A deep blush spread from Chuuya's cheeks to his ears, his hand reaching for his hat so he could cover his face. The bartender watched him with a raised eyebrow, Chuuya waved him off muttering a small 'never mind' and lefts.

When Chuuya sat down on his motorcycle again he let out a deep sigh through his nose, shutting his eyes, trying his best to ignore the lingering feeling of Dazai's fingers on his thigh.

Chuuya drove home feeling puzzled, Dazai went to places that could help him feel closer to Odasaku and to Chuuya's knowledge these were the only places. Defeated, he decided to go back home and ponder over what he was going to do next.

━━━━✦❘༻🍷༺❘✦━━━━

When he arrived back home, he threw himself on the couch feeling completely beat and very worried. Chuuya sat there for nearly ten minutes wallowing in his sadness and guilt, feeling too mentally exhausted to move.

But alas he couldn't even have an hour or so to cry internally to himself, because a knock at the door forced him to get up. He trudged tiredly to the door, opening it with closed and tired eyes.
"Yeah? I'm busy reevaluating my life choices" He muttered solemnly.

"Chuuya Nakahara what the hell did you say to Dazai!?" The tiredness inside the younger seemed to have been slapped out of him, his head shooting up only to meet with the one person he didn't want to see, Kyōyō.

She looked down at him, her gaze stern and hard, causing Chuuya to gulp, he wasn't used to this, it used to be Dazai who got scolded for mistreating him or saying something insensitive, not him.

Chuuya sighed motioning his hand for her to come in, she obliged calmly though Chuuya knew she was a lot angrier than she was letting on.

"So...care to explain?" Kyōyō began as Chuuya threw himself face-first into the couch with a deep sigh, he didn't say anything trying to contemplate whether he should tell the truth or not, ultimately even if he didn't, she'd find out anyway.

"You know how he was upset about Atsushi-kun?"
"Of course."
"He went to drink at, so I went to go get him and bring him back and then I ended up getting tempted and drinking...."
Chuuya sighed as he turned this head to allow himself to breathe his eyes meeting with Kyōyō
"And?"
"And....then we had sex...."
Chuuya closed his eyes, thinking deeply about how stupid he could be, Kyōyō sighed whilst rubbing her temples
"Honestly Chuuya can't you control yourself with your alcohol even as an adult" she scolded her eyes narrowing at him, Chuuya sat up with another sigh
"He tempted me! I went in there completely convinced I wasn't going to drink and then he just bought me a drink without me even asking him, even after I told him not to!"
"You didn't have to drink it, your resolve isn't very great, is it? Now Dazai is god knows where doing god knows what." Chuuya felt a slight pang in his chest at her words, though he couldn't distinguish if it was anger or a soft breeze of despair.
"Can you just be quiet? Have you come here just to piss me off?"
"No of course not, I've come to tell you how much of an irresponsible adult you are and now you said you'd take care of him and you did the exact opposite-"
"I FUCKING KNOW- god fucking shit-" Chuuya suddenly shouted as he stood up, feeling an immense feeling of aggravation, however even if on the surface he looked angry, his trembling fists and lips made him look like he was prone to breaking apart with even the smallest of prods.

And break he did. Chuuya looked at her and began to cry, suing the sleeves of his dress-shirt to wipe his tears away.

" I know- god damn it- I- I didn't mean it at all, he... he's different than he was- fuck... I don't hate him...shit..." Kyōyō sighed getting up from her seat to wrap her hands around Chuuya with a deep sigh
"Shhh, it's alright, I'm sorry. I just didn't think you were that upset about it." The ginger woman whispered rubbing soothing circles into his back as he cried quietly into her chest
"I didn't mean it, none of it. I just- I was scared I hurt him or forced him into something... and I was mad that I forgot everything, and I too-took the anger I felt at-at myself out on him" Chuuya choked out as he snuggled his head into her chest more, she stroked his head carefully,
"Chuuya when have you ever been the type to take advantage of someone drunk or sober?" She asked feeling the younger tense in her arms
"Never..."
"Exactly, if you've never done it why would you do it now, especially to someone you like?" Chuuya sniffled looking up at her with his eyes puffy and red
"I don't...I don't know"

Kyōyō parted from him placing her hands on to his shoulders guiding him to sit on the couch, Chuuya glanced up at her with big watery eyes, Kyōyō couldn't help but think how much he resembled a child, he was a grown man and yet those eyes could rival puppies.
"When you find him, you need to talk, and properly. It'll have to be a regular thing between the two of you, if you don't your relationship will be almost as bad as it was in the Mafia"
Chuuya looked down at his feet, his entire body wracked and trembled with an immeasurable amount of guilt.
"You've always blamed your mistakes on Dazai because you're stubborn and he's always bottled and sheltered his feelings from everyone."
"You're talking as if he likes me back or some shit." Chuuya mumbled weakly
"Even if he does it's none of my business to tell you, he has to tell you himself." Kyōyō spoke then paused as she realised something.

"Chuuya, do you love Dazai? You use like but I feel like it's a lot deeper than that."

Chuuya's eyes shot upward as he looked at Kyōyō, he hadn't thought about that, more like he had been putting it off, liking Dazai was one thing but admitting that he loved him was a whole other thing. Loving someone was hard, it was painful, it meant you'd willingly give yourself to them and them to you. It means sacrifices, about caring about one another, it was so much more than just liking someone.

And yet that was exactly how he felt.

Chuuya couldn't bring himself to say he didn't, he couldn't bring himself to say that he didn't love him the man he felt like he had hated his whole life, he couldn't bring himself to look Kyōyō in the eyes and say he didn't love Dazai.

"I do...I do love him." he breathed out looking at his quivering hands.

Kyōyō took his hands gently causing him to look at her eyes
"Then tell him. Nothing will ever come to be if you don't tell him, even if you get rejected, it's okay." she replied, her tone was soft, sending a wave of comfort over Chuuya as he nodded slowly
"I will. I will anee-San, I promise." He replied as he dried his tears with his sleeves, Kyōyō wrapped her hand around his head with a smile pulling him to lean into her shoulder
"It'll be okay."

Kyōyō then left, originally she was supposed to be going on her mission but after she heard what had happened to Dazai she just needed to go and scold Chuuya or comfort him, either one was just as important as the other. And her mission, whatever it was, was not as important as Chuuya.

The ginger now sat in his apartment alone, searching through Dazai's phone for any places he might have begun to frequent when he left the Mafia, but there was nothing, other than that cafe that he had taken Chuuya to a week ago.

He then heard his front door bang open causing him to drop Dazai's phone straight onto his nose, he shot up activating his ability just in case, but he didn't need it, because it was Seven.

She looked at him as she huffed and puffed in a fruitless attempt to garner her breath again.
"We found him..." she breathed out, Chuuya's eyes widened at her words, his heart beginning to thump loudly in his chest from the adrenaline. Chuuya scrambled to get up stumbling around in a panic, he speed-walked into the corridor where Seven threw him his hat and keys, he caught them easily then slipped his shoes on, locking his door and running down the apartment stairs.

"Where is he?!" Chuuya shouted as they ran
"You know that old mansion that belonged to that family whose son murdered them after he couldn't take the abuse anymore?"
"The one where he tried to stage it as if they had committed suicide? And was never caught?" Chuuya asked back
"Yeah, that one! I heard a couple saying that they had seen a hooded figures drive a car with a bandaged, brunet, unconscious man in the back heading that direction.
"That's definitely Dazai"
"And it's definitely the same attacker from last time too." Seven affirmed as they came to a halt, now standing in front of two motorcycles: a reddish-pink one and a blue and red one, Chuuya glanced at Seven who's face was now red as she looked to the floor in embarrassment
"You have a motorcycle?" He asked smirking at her as she waved her hands in dismissal
"I couldn't help it, you looked like you were having fun and you looked really cool...." She muttered, causing Chuuya to laugh a little.

She cleared her throat, sliding her leg over, positioning herself comfortably
"I found out that the dark figure is my friends...you know Three? How she was being outwardly rebellious against me? That's who the figure is, even if I'm the leader of our group, she's getting desperate to get her families back so she went against me without my knowledge." Seven sighed then turned to Chuuya
"Sorry about all this."
"It's not your fault."
"Heh, yeah...not my fault...."

"Anyway let's go save your boyfriend!" She exclaimed with a fake smile, Chuuya knew it was fake because it mimicked Dazai's so well, a smile to show that you weren't in as much mental pain or distress as you actually were.

"He's not my boyfriend." Chuuya replied, deciding it was best not to say anything to her
"Not yet" she corrected then threw him a smile
"You know where to go right?" She asked him, he gave her a nod not being able to hide a smirk, and so they started their engines, cracked their backs and rode off together.

Chuuya in all his life had never ridden side by side with anyone and felt this much exhilaration before. Seven rode her bike as if she had been born with natural talent, it was boisterous yet elegant at the same time. She was able to squeeze through small gaps on one wheel and land safely or do high jumps and land even without an ability to aid her.

Chuuya -suddenly feeling elated- activated his ability on the both of them watching as Seven didn't even hesitate to run over the walls of the tunnel once she had realised that she was shrouded in Chuuya's ability, her motorcycle glistened in the mellow yellow lights of the tunnel, a look of pure adoration stained on her face, Chuuya for the first time didn't feel like his ability was nothing but a burden that could do no good.

Chuuya steered his attention back to the road, even if he had a moment where positivity seemed to fill him to the brim, the worry for Dazai had settled back into his stomach, especially now that he remembered he hadn't asked Seven about what type of condition Dazai was in either.

━━━━✦❘༻❤️‍🩹༺❘✦━━━━

When they reached their destination, they swerved their motorcycles around parking them awkwardly amongst a pack of trees.

Seven and Chuuya stood in front of the house as it loomed over them, it was a gloomy and uncomfortable place, windows were broken, pieces of brick would fall out, leaving room for dead vines to trace the empty holes of the wall as if it was some sort of bloody curse slithering into the house slowly but surely.
Even if you didn't believe in ghosts and horror stories, the place still managed to make your skin crawl and your stomach churn unpleasantly, Chuuya had been here once, it was supposed to be a joint mission with Dazai, but Dazai had refused.

Chuuya still remembered the hard yet emotionless glare that Dazai had given Mori when he had told them the location, it was enough to make Chuuya feel uncomfortable and even at the young age of sixteen, the way Dazai had politely yet coldly declined, his voice going octaves deeper than Chuuya was used too.

The memory still remained etched at the back of his brain even six years later.

Chuuya glanced at Seven who had her hands in her pockets, her lips were in a thin line as she gulped down her nerves.

"It would be best to walk in from the back." Seven spoke as she took a deep breath in through her nose
"There aren't many guards around since the governments been tracking our whereabouts since the gun incident with Atsushi-san and Akutagawa-san, tch, damn government." Chuuya chuckled at her words,
"You can say that again...wait you know Akutagawa and Atsushi?" the ginger suddenly asked turning to her as they snuck towards the back of the house
"Yeah, it was an accidental meeting at an ice cream shop, I already knew who they were because of you and Dazai-sama, so I went and talked to them and we ended up becoming friends." Chuuya pondered about it in his mind for a second, it must have been the day he and Dazai had moved into the other hotel when they had seen Akutagawa, Atsushi and Kyouka eating Ice cream while sitting on a curb.

Shaking his head in dismissal at the coincidence, they snuck in through a small gap in the wall, Chuuya looked around the broken remains of the home, cobwebs covered the corners, greenery covered the walls, flowers
of red grew on the sides on seemingly all of the somewhat lit areas as if to remind whoever walked in about the story of how this place came to be abandoned.

"Do you know where he is?" Chuuya whispered. In any other circumstance he would have just barged in and killed everyone, but he didn't know what state Dazai was in and how many people were in this building who were actually to blame, Chuuya didn't have a problem killing but he didn't pointlessly kill either.

"No, I have no clue." Seven muttered as she scratched her head to think to herself
"But if I had to guess I'd think they'd have him out in a big room for everyone to see. Three's had it in to prove herself since the rooftop incident." Chuuya lowered his head in thought, trying his best to remember what the place looked like when he had come all those years ago, he mentally searched through his memory, replaying it in his head and then it clicked
"Either the dining room or the business room." The mafioso suddenly responded, Seven raised an eyebrow at that
"The business room?"
"I got sent on a mission here when I was seventeen to get some old documents." She nodded and then laughed a little
"Chuuya-sama it's an office." She returned causing the man to wave her off, not paying attention to what she had said, allowing himself to think everything through and at last another satisfying light bulb lit up in Chuuya's brain
"You said he would be somewhere where he can be seen, the dining room is a large space with a huge balcony, and it's the main room of the house." Chuuya explained as Seven half-listened to what he had to say
"Right...I guess we should go then?" She asked as she stood up her face tanned complexion becoming a pale yellow.

Chuuya led her to where he remembered the dining room to be, the closer they got the more Chuuya could feel Seven shake and stiffen next to him.
"Look! There's a hole there, we could crawl through there instead of open the door." Chuuya pointed causing Seven to jump in surprise, he raised a questioning and concerned eyebrow at her
"Are you okay?" He asked softly placing his gloved hand on her shoulder, she glanced at him and then the floor then back at him with a great attempt at a reassuring smile
"Yeah, don't worry about it."

There it was again, her faking her emotions and lying about how she felt, Chuuya would have almost not been able to tell because of how good she was, the ginger was aware that the only reason he was this good at being able to tell,was because he had been around Dazai long enough to tell when it was fake.

However he didn't question it any further and peered down through the hall seeing what looked to be large red metal crates, they'd surely be enough to hide the both of them, Chuuya turned to Seven who was watching him with slight curiosity swimming in her eyes
"You first" he motioned, she glanced at him then nodded then crawled in through the hole then followed by Chuuya.

Chuuya grumbled as he wiped himself off then peered over the crates, a wave of dread washed over him accompanied by guilt and panic as he looked at the scene in front of him.

The scenery was poetically sad: the sun shone through the hole in the roof exposing the dust that drifted through the air, as if mimicking a spotlight on a dark stage, the main character was right in the middle of it, head hung low, his brown fluffy hair was dried in weird clumps with blood dripping down from other strands and presumably his face or head. His hands were tied behind the chair as well as his ankles to the legs of the chairs, one of his legs twisted in an unpleasant angle. He looked completely battered and broken, he looked dead. Blood pooled at his feet painting the already blood-red flowers into an even deeper shade of red, it didn't suit him, blue was his colour.

Chuuya wanted to sprint to him and untie him from the chair and take him to the hospital as quickly as possible, but as soon as he made a move the doors swung open causing Seven to tug him backwards.
"So...what do you think?" a recognisable female voice came from the balcony up ahead, Chuuya peeked ever so slightly from the edge, anxious to get to the other man as quickly as possible.

He saw the twins staring at Dazai, though unlike Three they didn't look pleased at all.
"Why'd he get so battered for?" Two asked as he inched closer to his brother for comfort
"I told my subordinates not to go too far but they didn't listen." Three huffed as she crossed her arms
"It doesn't matter anyway, we've got the hardest one to catch right in our hands" the twins looked at each other nervously
"Listen Three, mate, we're glad that you're happy but we uhhh-" One began feeling unsure of what to say
"Have somewhere to be so if you'd excuse us-" Two interrupted saving his brother.
"Yeah exactly! Bye!" They called out as they took their leave, Three rolled her eyes
"Whys is everyone but Four and I acting so weird about it?" She spoke to herself, her eyes falling to Dazai
"No hard feelings, but if I want to see her again then this is the only choice." she spoke then shoved her hands in her lab-like coat pockets pushing the doors open and taking her leave.

The door didn't even fully close before Chuuya sprinted out toward Dazai, Seven walking behind him cautiously looking around. Chuuya got down onto his knees ignoring the pool of Dazai's blood leaking into the fabric of his trousers and onto his knees, using his gloved hands to cup Dazai's face and lift it. His eyes were softly closed, blood leaked from his nose and mouth, a small bruise formed on his cheek. Chuuya's blue eyes widened, moving his hands from Dazai's face to his shoulders, pushing him in back, pressing his ear against Dazai's chest but he couldn't hear anything...

He moved his right hand to grab onto Dazai's wrist to feel for a pulse but yet again there was nothing.

Chuuya's eyes began to water as he desperately grabbed Dazai's face again, brushing the bloodstained hair out of his face
"No, no, no, no, no Dazai wake up, wake up please, just say it's some stupid joke, please-" Chuuya pleaded, fresh tears of sorrow flowing out of his eyes like small abundant waterfalls of guilt.
"Dazai, please- say something! Please...". Chuuya cried dropping his head causing his tears to drop onto the floor, mixing with Dazai's blood.
"No...Dazai, please- I-I don't hate you...please don't let it be the last thing I said to you, Dazai please..."
Chuuya's sobs rang throughout the room, they were broken, filled with hopelessness. He let go of Dazai's torso, his hands falling to the floor painting them in Dazai's blood, as if to say he had been the one to kill him, the blood was on his hands, it was his fault.

His crying got louder and harder until they were enough to wake up the entire city, his hands ran through his hair scraping over his face, leaving Dazai's dirtied blood through his hair and on his face as he cried in agony.

It was heart-wrenching to see and hear, how it seemed like Chuuya was going insane, the way he shook and cried and sniffled, but this time Dazai wasn't there to hold his hand or to hug him, Dazai was there but completely motionless, gone dead.
Dazai was dea-

"He's not dead."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.1K 936 10
Chuuya was suffering from pain. He was hurt badly and he want to ended it by dying. Dazai learn and came to save Chuuya. Both ended up confessing the...
41K 1.4K 12
"ATSUSHI!" The beta yelled out as the younger male collapsed to the ground.........The black-haired male tried to get Atsushi to wake up by shaking h...
96.2K 4.2K 36
"Tch, this is what they mean by sorry? Hah... Now... Where is Chuuya? Is he even here?" Dazai mutters before looking at the small Chuuya looking boy...
122K 3.9K 23
It had been years since you last saw the red-head. You had lost contact after moving to London to live with your fiance. Suddenly back in Japan, sing...