YOU BEFORE I KNEW | JIKOOK ✔

By miniekins

Park Jimin has spent majority of his adolescence focused solely on school and extra-curricular activities, wi... More

YOU BEFORE I KNEW | 1. WHEN THE TIME COMES
2. PORN MAGAZINES
3. POST-PARTY DISASTER
4. ONE STEP AT A TIME
5. LONE RANGER
6. ACCIDENTAL CONFESSIONS
7. BROKEN TRUST
8. TONGUE-TIED
9. ONE DAY AT A TIME
10. LIGHT ON HIS FEET
11. RISKY APPAREL
12. BACK TO SQUARE ONE
13. RED SOLO CUP
14. I'VE GOT YOU
15. MISSING PUZZLE PIECES
16. GREY SWEATS
17. ONE PROBLEM AT A TIME
18. ROAD TO RECOVERY
19. FEELINGS KEPT HIDDEN
20. FIRST TIME
21. WHAT WE CAN'T CONTROL
22. FEAR OF MONEY
23. LET THE GOOD COME TO YOU
25. SEE YOU AGAIN
26. SOAKED DENIM
27. ROSE GOLD
28. IN A MATTER OF SECONDS
29. OKAY
30. SAFE AND SOUND
31. FAMILY (FINALE)

24. I WOULD NEVER HURT YOU

5.9K 352 135
By miniekins

Jimin watches through fogged over eyes as he's pulled from the burning car by his armpits. In spite of the smoke and bright flames, he can see his mother and father in the front seat.

He doesn't know if they're alive or if they're dead. But he's only fifteen. He's their little boy. They have to be

"N-no," Jimin murmurs sadly, his stirring in his sleep.

The red and blue lights rotating around the scene make him feel nauseous. He's lain on his back, onto a stretcher, looking up at the sky. Between spurts of smoke clouds, he can see some of the stars. In that very moment, he finds himself wishing upon them, hoping that his parents will be okay.

"Help," he mumbles.

"Baby?" Jeongguk calls out, voice groggy.

But not one minute later, a loud explosive sound ladens the air. Debris from the car is sent flying and the flames emerging from the vehicle increase in size and ferocity.

"Jimin." Said boy's eyes shoot open and he stares at the ceiling motionlessly.

He can feel that his cheeks are wet and the way tears trail down either side of his face. His sight is fogged over, much like the night of the accident. His heart feels like it's being torn from his chest and his breathing becomes irregular. His reaches out toward the side table, grasping at thin air.

Jeongguk acts quickly without needing to be told anything. He rushes from his side of the bed to Jimin's and opens up the drawer, grabbing the boy's inhaler. He holds it to his mouth and upon pressing the botton down, the teenager inhales deeply.

The nightmares have been so irregular lately that Jimin honestly almost forgot what it felt like to have them. No questions are asked. Jeongguk simply joins him on the bed once more and pulls him into his arms, tugging the blanket over their bodies.

It's odd, considering the fact that Jimin thought he was all out of tears, especially for this specific situation. It's been so long since he's last needed to use his inhaler, too. Everything is so sudden that he finds it impossible to wrap his head around any of the possible explanations running rampant in his mind. But at least it's the weekend. At least he's lying on the bare chest of his favourite person.

A familiar, warm and protective hand nestles on his waist, pulling him in closer. The side of Jimin's face rests softly on Jeongguk's chest and his free hand relaxes against his abdomen where curious fingertips travel over the muscles of his abdomen in seek of distraction.

"You haven't had a nightmare in such a long time, Min," Jeongguk says quietly, breaking the silence.

The boy stares off, looking at the wall. "I know," he murmurs. "I've just been really sensitive lately. I think that's why." His head perks and he meets Jeongguk's eyes, feeling warmth envelope him from such a simple action.

Jeongguk hums, leaning down to place a kiss against Jimin's forehead. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

The latter doesn't reply, focusing on the fingers that run through his hair. He comes to realize that the crash is something he never really talked about with anyone. Jin doesn't necessarily know what went down and neither does Taehyung. Only the first responders who were present that day.

It comes to his realization that maybe, this is why it's been more difficult to accept than it could be. He has kept most things bottled up and tucked away in fear of reliving that which he could hardly handle the first time around. In retrospect, perhaps he shouldn't have. But his emotions were ripe and almost anything served as a trigger. He shut himself out from the world and who's to say he won't do it again?

"Min," Jeongguk projects steadily to reel Jimin back in from his grasping thoughts.

"Yeah," Jimin breathes, peering up at Jeongguk through damp lashes. "Sorry, I got distracted." His eyes droop to their intertwined fingers and the brunette's thumb that moves over the back of his hand, over his knuckles.

"It's okay, baby." Jeongguk rests his chin atop the crown of Jimin's head. "If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine. Just tell me what I can do to help."

Jimin exhales, lifting himself out of Jeongguk's embrace. He throws his one leg over the brunette in a straddling position, resting his hands on the boy's chest. Hands linger around his waist and the top of his thighs. For a moment, they simply admire one another in the soft hues of morning light that trickle in through the window.

"I'll probably cry and I don't feel like crying anymore." Jimin moves a single hand off of Jeongguk's warm chest, caressing his cheek with his fingertips.

Jeongguk's eyelids fall at such a calming feeling. "That feels nice," he breathes, exhaling gently through his nose.

A smile befalls Jimin's lips. His fingers continue to trace the features of Jeongguk's face. His eyebrows, his nose. His lashes and his lips. "You're so handsome," he whispers.

Suddenly Jeongguk's hand reaches up to grasp Jimin's wrist that's in motion. His eyes open and the blond's lips part. "And you're beautiful. So beautiful. Every single part of you. From the tips of your toes to your head."

Jimin blushes, swatting limply at Jeongguk's shoulder with his free hand. "You're so cheesy," he whines with a feigned grimace, climbing off of the boy's legs. He wanders to the bathroom and starts to brush his teeth, using the new toothbrush Jeongguk had given him.

It isn't long before the taller is trailing in after him, brushing his own teeth. They look at each other through the reflection of the mirror and of course with silly faces comes uncontrollable giggling. It sends Jimin clinging to the sink counter to keep himself up as he holds onto his toothbrush for dear life, waving it around as though it's some kind of weapon.

Jeongguk chuckles, being the first to rinse. He places his toothbrush back in it's rightful place, watching the blond endearingly as he too finishes up at the sink, wiping at his mouth with a towel. They exchange glances through the mirror and as though Jimin can tell just exactly what's going on through the brunette's mind, he attempts to make a break for it.

However he's caught and he's tossed over Jeongguk's shoulder, banging on his back with balled up fists. "Jeon Jeongguk, put me down!" he shouts, flailing.

And he does as told, dropping Jimin onto the bed. Jeongguk hovers over top of a giggly, bright red mess, brushing back stray locks of blond. The teenager peers up at him with a feigned look of anger, pouting his lips with narrowed eyes.

But it doesn't interfere with the way Jeongguk feels in the moment, so clearly drunk on Jimin's darling expression. The way he speaks so softly, as though each moment his lips part, a lullaby resonates. How fragile he appears but how strong-willed he is. And the blond doesn't miss it, the way Jeongguk's heart clearly skips a beat each time they touch.

Jimin isn't sure what the exact cause is but he feels his own pulse rushing beneath his skin. His forced frown eases away as the genuine emotions rooted deeply inside of him emerge. His hands travel up Jeongguk's neck, securing around his nape. Little to no words need to be spoken to express what they've both been feeling for some time. Even so, the next link of letters to leave the brunette's mouth have Jimin's world spinning.

"I love you, Jimin," he admits through a confident exhale of air, dancing his fingertips along the blond's bare arm, as though he brandishes a paintbrush, bringing life to the light skin he handles so carefully.

Jimin pulls on his bottom lip, gazing into Jeongguk's eyes. All that he can find, in this moment, is love. Genuine love. He shifts against the bed, pulling the brunette down just a little bit closer. "I love you more, Hyung," he replies.

Absolutely everything else becomes white noise. Any of the previous games being played in Jimin's mind are on pause - better yet, ended. His focus remains on the big, brown eyes that gaze upon him as though he's the only existing being in the world. The way they treasure him makes everything feel worth it. All of the pain, the tears, the suffering.

Slowly, Jeongguk leans in, pressing his lips against Jimin's. Any previous kiss is incapable of being compared to this one. There's just something about it that feels so special, so otherworldly. Right now, nothing else matters in this moment but the two of them. The way their lips move in synchronization, as though they're the master of the craft itself. When their tongues meet and caress in a frenzied but passionate rush. It feels like a sweet surrender and nothing is more euphoric.

When Jeongguk's hand starts to creep beneath Jimin's shirt, is when the latter decides that it's time to break the kiss. He's caught admiring the brunette's swollen lips, silently craving more, reaching out. But he stops himself, placing his hand over top of the fingers that are busy beneath his shirt.

"Hyung, your ribs," Jimin whispers.

"My ribs are fine." Jeongguk swipes his thumb over Jimin's bottom lip.

"They aren't." Jimin grasps Jeongguk's wrist, thwarting any movement. "And besides, Jin Hyung is worried about me. I didn't really text him last night." The blond's voice falls, revealing his guilt.

Jeongguk fixes his positioning, sitting on the bed next to Jimin, who rises off of his back. "But you sent Taehyung a text, didn't you?"

Jimin nods his head. "I did. I told him what happened and he covered for me."

A hum melts into the air. "I'm sure they were just fine last night, Min. If Jin Hyung was extremely worried about you, he would have sent a text, yeah?"

With an eye roll regarding Jeongguk's first statement, Jimin pinches the former's upper arm, a hiss following. "You're right. But we don't know what's going on between the both of them, if anything at all. Hyung needs to focus on himself first and he has never exactly been with a guy before. You're dirty."

Jeongguk chuckles. "But you still love me," he maintains.

"I do. But what are you gonna do about it?" Upon speaking these words, a playful glint flickers in Jeongguk's eyes. Before he can pounce, Jimin scrambles off of the bed and runs away with a very enthusiastic brunette chasing after him.

Uncontrollable squeals of laughter and begging for surrender echo in the house as Jimin becomes closed in next to the stove with hands on either side of him. He squeaks when Jeongguk lifts him onto the countertop, slotting himself between parted thighs.

"Did you even try?" Jeongguk smiles, placing his hands on Jimin's waist.

"Of course I tried." Jimin's arms cross and his lips form a pout, very quickly relaxing into a straight line as Jeongguk leans in to steal a kiss. His hands connect around the back of his neck and when they part, they rest their foreheads against one another's.

"...We have to tell him. Today," Jimin says softly, breaking the silence and meeting Jeongguk's eyes.

"If you're ready then okay, we'll do it today. Let's get some breakfast and then we'll head over. How does that sound, Min?" Jeongguk suggests, moving his thumb up and down the teenager's side.

Jimin nods his head. "That sounds like a good idea."

-

When they reach the house, it's eerily quiet. Jimin and Jeongguk toe their shoes off of their feet and the former walks into the kitchen first, pouring two glasses of water. He hands one off to the taller and sits himself on the countertop, taking a sip of his own.

"Where are they?" Jeongguk asks, running his tongue over his lips.

Jimin shrugs. "I'm not sure. I figured one of them would at least be in the living room. Both of their vehicles are here so I assume they're somewhere in the house. They must be sleeping." He downs the last of his drink, placing the glass on the counter.

Taking another sip, Jeongguk hums in agreement. Jimin finds himself watching the taller's throat as he swallows down his water.

"Stop that," the blond orders bluntly and Jeongguk raises a brow in question.

"Stop what?" he asks with genuine curiosity.

"Doing what you were just doing," Jimin replies.

Jeongguk places his glass to the side, crossing his arms while tilting his head to the side. "Drinking water?"

Jimin grumbles. "There's more to it then that," he quips and then walks off. "I need to get something out of my bedroom. I'll be right back." He leaves behind a dumfounded Jeongguk.

While he makes his way up the staircase, he tries to keep quiet. For all he knows, both Taehyung and Jin could be elsewhere. However, something is telling him to walk carefully and so, he does just that.

He treads down the hallway, catching a glimpse of a figure in Taehyung's bedroom through the cracked door. He pushes it open, only to find the boy nestled in Jin's arms, passed out. Jimin meets the eyes of the former, silently asking for an explanation.

Gently, Jin maneuvers Taehyung out of his arms. He rests the boy's head on the pillow with ease, getting off of the bed slowly. He ravels the blanket back over the exhausted teenager, up to his shoulders before heading toward the bedroom door.

Jimin takes a step back, creating space and Jin leaves after him, closing the door silently. The latter takes a few steps away and Jimin follows subsequently, meeting his older brother's worried eyes.

"While you were out at a friend's, Taehyung decided to visit his mother. It didn't go well, Jimin. When he walked through the front door, he was balling his eyes out. I could hardly understand what he was saying," Jin explains, resting his hands on his hips. "The only reason she wanted to see him was to tell him that she's selling the house." His head tilts and his tongue digs into the inside of his lower lip.

"Seriously?" Jimin gapes, able to understand in an instant where Jin's anger stems from.

"Yes. She hit him again, Jimin. Because he didn't want to clean up all of his things. Listen, I don't hit women but if I was there..." His voice trails off.

Jimin sighs frustratedly, running a hand over his face. "If I knew he was going today, I would have gone with him."

"I think that this was something he needed to do by himself, Jimin. All that you can do now is just be there for him when he needs you. But right now, he just needs to rest. I finally managed to calm him down and get him to sleep." Jin starts to walk away, toward the staircase and Jimin follows behind him until they're in the living room.

The eldest doesn't even pay attention to Jeongguk who leans against the counter in the kitchen. And if he notices that he's there, he doesn't say anything. Instead, he sits on the couch, resting his elbows on his thighs, balacing his chin atop his curled fingers. Jimin sits next to him, pulling on his bottom lip hesitantly.

Realistically, there's no reason he should feel guilty. Taehyung texted him and said that everything was fine at school. That he'd cover. But didn't send any other text after that. Even so, it still doesn't help the fact that Jimin feels horrible. He's just glad Jin was there to comfort him, and he fully intends on checking up on him when he's awake.

Now, though, definitely doesn't feel like the perfect time to tell Jin about him and Jeongguk. He begins to play with his fingers and doesn't realize that his older brother is watching him.

"Jimin, what's wrong?"

The boy perks up, meeting Jin's eyes. "Huh?" he says.

"I can tell that something is bothering you." Jimin looks over at Jeongguk, who gives a little nod and then back at Jin who eyes him curiously.

At first, he doesn't say anything. Gradually, Jeongguk makes his way into the living room and rather than taking a seat next to Jimin on the couch, stands to the side of the coffee table, just to the boy's right.

Clearly enough, Jimin doesn't have enough courage to break the silence. Thankfully, Jeongguk does.

"Jimin and I are together, Jin Hyung," he says confidently.

Jin looks up at Jeongguk and at first, his expression is impossible to read. There's no telling what's going on his mind and the next words to leave his mouth have Jimin in shock.

"I know," he says.

Jimin gawks in his direction. "What?"

Jin sighs. "I already know. You guys are terrible at keeping secrets and you can't keep your hands to yourselves."

Honestly, Jimin isn't completely surprised and yet he's still caught blushing in embarrassment. Jeongguk, on the other hand, doesn't seem very phased. And in fact, something about the look on his face exudes an alarming amount of conceit.

The eldest rises from the couch, circling the coffee table briefly to meet Jeongguk face to face. "If you hurt my brother, I'm going to hurt you. I mean it, Gguk."

"I would never hurt Min. Ever." Jeongguk's expression is stern and as is his voice. "I would let you if I did."

Jin nods his head, glancing between both Jimin and Jeongguk. "I'm going to check on Taehyung. Order take-out. I don't think anyone feels like cooking. Some of us might not even feel like eating." He walks off, up the stairs.

Quietness lingers. Jimin peers up at Jeongguk to find him already looking in his direction. The brunette crouches down in front of him, placing his hands on his knees.

"I will never hurt you. I promise," he vows.

Jimin hums, placing his hands over top of Jeongguk's. "I know you won't."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301 20 8
jeon jeongguk's got the biggest crush on his older roommate, park jimin. that is, until he learns something about his roommate that makes him doubt h...
129K 7.8K 50
Despite being Namjoon's fiance for nearly a year, Jin secretly crushes on Jungkook, Namjoon's younger brother. While Jin was trying to get over his f...
64.4K 2.8K 22
[C O M P L E T E D]✔️ Taehyung meets his new younger step-brother Jeon Jungkook, he thinks that his brother is too innocent from the way he behaves...
32.4K 2.6K 19
Jeon Jungkook, a successful 21 year old, is living a normal life. His best friend, Kim Seokjin, is an over protective older brother to adorable and s...