The Heroine's Evil Daughter

By JustVennabel_chan

The famous love story goes something along the lines of this... Sasha, a fallen baron's daughter, fell in lov... More

Character List
Chapter 1: The First Princess
Chapter 2: Their Love Story
Chapter 3: Wicked woman
Chapter 4: Something Is Wrong With The Princess
Chapter 5: Duke Lengrid
Chapter 6: Playmates
Chapter 7: Unexpected News
Chapter 8: E
Chapter 9: Victim?
Chapter 10: Hatefully Perfect
Chapter 11: Terrifyingly Sweet
Chapter 12: Her Final Words
Chapter 13: Good And Evil
Chapter 14: Perfect Wife
Chapter 15: Stupid Prince
Chapter 16: A Sharp-eyed Maid
Chapter 18: Someone Wearing a Smiling Mask

Chapter 17: Tea And Flowers

6.2K 401 210
By JustVennabel_chan

"This is brand new. I purchased it from a famous craftsman. Your highness should be thankful, this didn't come for a cheap price. I just thought your highness would be in need of this someday. You never know what's going to happen, trust me, these things come in quite handy..." Medea winked with a mischievous smirk stuck on her face. 

Charlotte accepted willingly and decided to graciously return a smile to Medea, which seems to have pleased her. "Thank you, Medea." She thanked. 

"Your welcome, princess." Medea laughed, "Perhaps next time I'll teach you how to properly slit someone!"

************

Just as always, after dealing with many troubling matters, Lucas spared some time from his busy schedule to spend time with his beloved wife and daughter. Among the scenery of fresh blooming flowers, a charming family of three gathered in the garden to leisurely enjoy tea. Their laughs sounded throughout the garden as they joked. Shame that a wonderfully peaceful time like now has been interrupted by official matters. A fellow subordinate called for Lucas's attention and informed him of the new issue. 

"What happened father?" Charlotte asked.

Lucas rubbed his forehead and said, "Nothing for you to worry about, Lottie. Merely a trivial matter that could be dealt with time. But it is indeed bothersome... Viscountess Aphelion had decided to file a divorce against her husband, Viscount Aphelion."

"Oh no, really?" Sasha's face sank as she processed the news.

Charlotte remembered the name and frowned. Viscountess Aphelion should be lady Vanessa, eldest daughter of house Lambert. Lady Vanessa Lambert. That's certainly someone she hasn't heard from in a long time... She's getting a divorce? Why? She was a good companion of Eleonora in the past thus Charlotte couldn't help but wonder.

"Father, why is Viscountess Aphelion getting a divorce?" Charlotte asked curiously. 

"Well she claims that Viscount Aphelion had secretly kept a mistress." Lucas answered after a long sigh.

"No wonder she is upset! She and I have never gotten well in the past but, as a married woman myself, I can understand how devastated she must've felt! Poor lady Vanessa, how about I invite to the event I'll be hosting in a few days to cheer her up? I can lift up her spirit and maybe even become friends!" Sasha stated.

"Sasha, your too considerate..." Lucas, moved, chuckled.

'How considerate and audacious of you...' Charlotte secretly rolled her eyes.

Sasha suddenly gasped in panic as if she remembered something. She stood up and said, "The event! I'm not done preparing everything! Oh no! It's tomorrow and I barely have anything done!"

"It's alright, Sasha. I'll have one of my subordinates and one of your ladies in waiting to help you prepare and manage it all, don't worry too much." Lucas hurriedly calmed her down. 

"Thank you, dear... I don't know what I would do without you..." Sasha composed herself and sat back down. 

**************

The event came around swiftly and fortunately for Sasha, with theassistance provided by certain others, the event was ready in time. Many noble women came at the request of the Empress consort. Sasha's gathering was a flower viewing. With spring approaching, the gardens full of flowers were an enchanting sight. Most of the noble women didn't bother to bring their children but some were actually requested by Sasha and Lucas. These 'some' were Felix and Dylan's mothers. Aside from Zenneth who was requested by Lucas himself to accompany Charlotte, the other playmates came with their mother.

While the noble women and Sasha were out in the garden admiring the flowers, the four children were put in a more secluded side of the garden with a tea party sort of setup. 

"It's a pleasure to see you again, princess." Felix smiled charmingly with a friendly look in his eyes. Soon after Felix, Dylan greeted Charlotte with the regular formalities as well, "Thank you for having me, princess Charlotte! I'm honored!" Only after Dylan did Zenneth awkwardly did his greetings. With his cheeks pouted he said, "Nice to see you again, your highness…"

"Thank you, you three. But please, no need to stand on ceremony, we have met so many times before thus I consider you all as friends. I also would like you all to refer to me by name so I can feel comfortable when I refer to you by your names. We won't be getting closer as friends if things stay like this!" Charlotte suggested with a cheerful grin. Her smile was truly bright, so bright that even the most pretty flowers in the gardens become pale in comparison. 

"O-oh! Of course! Thank you for this honor, prin… uhm C-Charlotte." With his cheeks flushed like fresh strawberries, Dylan was the first to call her by name. 

Charlotte smiled.

"If it does not cause your highness discomfort, I have no complaints… Charlotte." Felix coughed.

Charlotte smiled.

"..." 

Charlotte waited with a smile.

"... Charlotte. There, happy? Hmph!" The stubborn prince folded his arms and looked away.

Charlotte smiled.

"Your highness, the things you ordered are here!" Medea walked over with maids carrying trays behind her. On those trays were a plate of plain and empty-looking cupcakes, fruits, and colorful icings.

"Thank you, Shila." Charlotte nodded and the maids carefully arranged everything. Each of the children has a plate in front of them. On the center of the table were the items mentioned earlier. 

"Prin… Charlotte, what are these for?" Felix asked. 

"Couldn't you tell? We're going to be having fun with them! I thought it would be a bit boring if we just drink tea all morning so I had Shila arrange this. We're going to be decorating these cupcakes." Charlotte explained excitedly. 

"Princess, you're so considerate…" Dylan said with excitement in his eyes.

"Charlotte, call me that." Charlotte turned to him and told.

"O-oh! Sorry!" Dylan, realizing his mistake, immediately apologized.

"Don't say sorry." Charlotte said.

"Sor-... Okay, Charlotte." Dylan, embarrassed, grabbed one of the cupcakes. Charlotte laughed happily. 

"Decorating cupcakes? How childish!" Zenneth raised his chin pridefully yet again and stated.

"Oh? Then… I suppose you don't need to take part. Shila, take away his plate and bring him the books: 'The Rules Of Politics' and 'The Seven Philosophies Of Life'." Charlotte ordered.

"Right away, your highness!" Just as Medea was about to leave, Zenneth hurriedly stopped her.

"No! Wait! I-I'll do it! I'm sorry!" Zenneth pleaded for mercy.

The four children began to happily play. It didn't take long for Felix to be done with his cupcake. Though his pick of colors and toppings were simple and plain, it was done neatly and the cupcake looked clean. Unlike Felix however, Zenneth made quite the mess. His hands were covered with icing and his cupcake didn't appear very pleasant at all. He seemed to be struggling but he was too proud to admit it and ask for assistance. Dylan hadn't made much progress with his cupcake. Whilst applying the icing, his hands were shaking and because he was so focused on making sure it looked perfect, he was going at a snail's pace. After all of them were finally finished, the four looked at each other's works and most made an acceptable cupcake. Only Zenneth's looked like an utter mess, however it appears that to him it looked like a masterpiece.

"Charlotte, your cupcake is so cute!" Dylan praised Charlotte with a sweet smile on his face.

"Really? It doesn't look that good to me…" She said with an expression of uncertainty. She glanced at Dylan's cupcake and praised him in return, "Your's is even better! So cute and pretty! Oh, I'm so envious…" 

Seeing her adorable pouting face, Dylan laughed shyly. Though he felt honored that the princess thought he did well, he couldn't accept her compliment. "No, surely Charlotte's is much better!"

"You're both wrong, this prince's cupcake is undoubtedly the most impressive!" Zenneth laughed as he raised the Monstrosity in his hand high up for all to see.

"If I were to only judge by how sure you are of your own capabilities, I would've been fooled into thinking you did indeed create a masterpiece." Felix stated.

"What do you mean? My cupcake is perfect!" Zenneth said as part of the icing  on his cupcake overflowed onto his hand.

"Mhmm..." Felix ignored him, only leaving him with a disinterested expression.

"Hey! Your's isn't any better!" Zenneth retaliated. He would've gone further if the little princess didn't stop him. 

"Alright, alright… How about we move on to an activity that's more relaxing instead? I prepared a few stories for me to tell you all. " Charlotte laughed awkwardly as she moved the topic to something else. The three nodded cooperatively and after making up an excuse, Charlotte gets up and leaves to 'fetch the storybooks'. But in truth she merely wanted to take a break and have a private chat with Medea.

"Tired, your highness? I would too If I must keep acting for too long." Medea laughed.

"Hm, what's my mother doing?" Charlotte dropped the cute smile and returned to a colder expression. 

"She's entertaining the guests. The 'special guest', Lady Vanessa doesn't seem so happy though. That woman doesn't seem to like the empress that much. When her wenchiness turned away, Lady Vanessa would often stare at her wenchiness's back with a chilly gaze. Do the two have a grudge in between them?" Medea recalled what she saw before asking curiously.

"You could say that." Charlotte's ehes darkened at the thought. Lady Vanessa was one of her closest companions back then. She was quite the loyal friend. During the time Sasha first appeared, Lady Vanessa stayed by her side and continued to do so before her family forced her to stay away from Eleonora. 

"Here, your highness. You shouldn't keep those kids waiting or they'll grow impatient like the dumb monkeys they are." Medea pulled her away from her thoughts and handed her the storybook that was prepared earlier.

"Oh, thank you… Medea, do you dislike children?" 

"Hehe… You're the only child I can tolerate, princess." Medea giggled.

**************

A line of grandly-dressed women walked amongst the sea of fragrant and breathtaking flowers. Though all in the line evidently hold a high position, it was clear that one woman was the center of attention of all and is the one holding the most power over the rest. All the women were chatting happily with the host of the event and were behaving extremely respectful, except for one woman who tried to seclude herself from the rest as much as possible. 

Lady Vanessa watched as the other women flocked around Sasha and spouted praises non-stop. She couldn't stop herself from feeling bitter inside. She's going through a divorce yet this 'generous empress' decided to invite her to admire flowers. She didn't understand. She couldn't understand how all those women could laugh so happily as if they forgot everything. Those women were the same women who once supported the first crown princess. They too once laughed happily with Lady Eleonora, yet now they are joyfully admiring flowers with the same woman who stole the title away from the woman they should've been backing!

' How ungrateful. Have the days we all spent together with her highness disappeared from their minds? Wasn't there a time where we all were planning how to deal with that wench? How could you all be acting like this? They all have forgotten the kindness Lady Eleonora had given us in our times of need.' Lady Vanessa thought silently. 

Lady Eleonora was a kind woman behind the mask of a disciplined crown princess. Only those close to her saw how gentle and virtuous she truly was. And yet such a pure hearted woman was discarded because of a wh*re. Till this day, she still remembered the words that lady Eleonora said to her during the days she felt so lost.

It was a sunny day when the young Vanessa pulled Eleonora aside to ask for advice. Vanessa told the respected crown princess her troubles. Then, an engagement had just been settled between her and the young Count Aphelion. She didn't know how to feel. She didn't feel very happy about the engagement, yet when she tried to talk about it to her parents, they kept ignoring her words. Eleonora understood almost immediately. The elegant woman sighed before giving her a smile and saying, 

"I know what you mean. Processing stuff like this is very hard. I was engaged to his highness when I was a child so I've grown indifferent to it. I understand how you must've felt. Lonely, helpless, and scared. Although I can't help you officially, the best I can do right now is to tell you that you're not alone, Vanessa. I too felt scared and nervous, but these things… It must happen one day and there really is barely any way to stop it. Just know that, I'm here for you. If that man ever causes you grief, tell me and I'll be sure to give him a lesson." 

Those words were nothing too special but it's all that she needed. Just some reassurement. Lady Eleonora was someone who she highly respected. But now she's gone.

At that moment, Sasha looked past her shoulders and realized that Vanessa had been staring at her coldly. She was frightened but kept quiet. She invited lady Vanessa here in hopes to become friends but… Why does she seem so hostile to her?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1K 961 26
Inure: (v.) To accustom to accept something undesirable, evil, or painful. An other worldly girl is reincarnated as Queen Estella de Royalis, the vil...
1M 43.4K 86
#1-night assassins series The hunger for revenge makes us go to great lengths. It wins against our morals, makes us cross lines and betray who we lov...
986K 50.6K 73
‟Tonight shall be the first and last night that we spend together, Gianita, for I do not intend to produce heirs by this marriage. The Prince would s...
170K 5.2K 41
"If I'm going to die anyway, there's no point in trying to live." A typical reincarnated into a villainess story, except the protagonist isn't your t...