Five Nights at Kuroko's

By PokeAuthorFan

Taiga Kagami is looking for a job while at his high school age. He finds a job application for a well-known b... More

Getting the Job
~Start the Night~
Next Day
~Start of Night 2~
~Night 2~
Next Day's Report
~Start of Night 3~
~Night 3~
Seirin, Gather!
~Start of Night 4~
~Night 4~
The Research
~Start of Night 5~
~Night 5~
Staying at Kuroko's
~Start of Night 6~
~Night 6~
Fear
~Start of Night 7~
~Night 7~
The End

~Night 1~

376 12 0
By PokeAuthorFan

Kagami had somehow fallen asleep with loud snores as the tablet was still on showing the stage.

An echo of bouncing could be heard down the hallway and Kagami woke up.

"W-what...?" he muttered tiredly but sat up.

He sat quiet and listened to the sounds and recogized it as the sound of a basketball getting dribbled around.

Kagami froze for a second until he almost threw the tablet as he abruptly moved his arms.

He saw the stage was dark, but he could barely see silhouettes of the animatronics.

The only thing wrong there right now was...

One was missing.

"What the heck, what the heck!" panicked Kagami, threw the tablet to the desk as he jumped up from the chair.

He ran to the door to his right, turned on the light and peeked out.

Nothing down that hall.

He ran over to the other side and turned on the lights.

Nothing there either.

"N-no c-choice t-then" stuttered Kagami scared and stood up straight preparing himself to step out the office.

He stepped out into the hallway.

Kagami turned when hearing a swoosh sound and his eyes widened when seeing a orange orb flying right towards him.

With reflexes, he caughted the basketball in his hands.

"Owch!" he yelped and shook his hands in pain.

"Eh?" came a voice making Kagami shoot his head up to look down the hallway. "What do we have here?"

Kagami felt shivers go up his spine as he stared at two glowing yellow orbs slowly making it's way towards him in the darkness.

"Wh-who's there!" managed Kagami to bark.

"I am the one to ask you that" almost snarled the voice, eyes glowing bright like they glared at him. "Do you play basketball?"

"Eh?" said Kagami taken aback and confused. "Yeah?"

"Then it's on" the voice seemed to grin.

"What now?" asked Kagami raising an eyebrow.

The sound of metal stomping came and soon the eyes grew closer.

Kagami took steps back as they closed in on him.

Soon it was close enough for Kagami to see it.

It was the yellow animatronic boy for the group.

"I am Ryouta Kise of the Generation of Miracles, and I challenge you to a one-on-one in basketball" he said looking down at Kagami with a stern look. "You loose, you're done"

"Eh?" said Kagami but grinned and bounced the ball. "I wasn't expecting this. But this is great!"

Kise seemed taken aback but glared at him.

"Room 1 is my room for mini matches" said Kise pointing to the door furthest down the hallway by the hallway opening. "We will do it there"

"Alright!" grinned Kagami.

The two walked over to the door and Kise opened it.

"It's not locked?" said Kagami confused.

"Only one room is opened every night" explained Kise but seemed slightly suprised at himself and muttered. "Why did I say that?"

"I see" grinned Kagami and walked over to the hoop on the other side. "Let's go!"

Kise was taken aback again and came to grin.

"Get ready to loose" said Kise and took position infront of Kagami. "I'm not really obsessed with the name 'Generation of Miracles' but... if you're willing to pick up a fight that much... even someone like me is no man to let that slide"

"Heh" said Kagami with a smirk. "My basketball isn't something to take lightly"

Kagami was the one with the ball, so he took the offense.

He ran at Kise who stood in defense.

Kagami turned slightly to his left so Kise followed his move, but he immidiently spun around and ran on the right side of him, succeeding a fake and passing him.

"Ya!" grinned Kagami and slam dunked the ball into the hoop.

He spun around to the shocked Kise.

"Take that!" he smirked.

"One dunk isn't enough to win" said Kise and held out his hand towards the ball.

The ball moved and flew into his hand.

"Wha-!" said Kagami with a slight jump.

"Light weight magnets" just said Kise and dribbled the ball.

"Heh" said Kagami with a smirk and took defense.

Kise ran at him and was able to trick Kagami with his own trick, faking and dunking exactly the same.

Kagami stared wide eyed at the animatronic as he turned around.

"Now..." said Kise looking at him. "It really begins"

Kagami just gave out a wide grin and picked up the ball which rolled to him.

"You're on!" he grinned.

For a split second, Kise's eyes widened, but then grinned.

****************************

In the main gym, inside the smaller stage behind the pale blue curtains, the animatronic inside twitched slightly.

It's index finger twitched but stopped still again.

*****************************

Kise and Kagami grinned with excitment as they furiously played basketball.

Kagami went for another dunk but Kise had quickly ran infront and blocked with his hand.

Kise slammed the ball down to the floor and they landed on the ground.

Kagami panted and wiped away some sweat.

"Tired already?" grinned Kise. "Get ready to loose soon the-"

"I'll win before that" smirked Kagami then laughed. "Dang, I haven't had this fun in a one-on-one for a long time!"

"Huh" said Kise shocked. "What do you mean?! If you loose you're done. Like done, done! Done forever!"

"Heh?" just said Kagami. "This is basketball. Even if you loose, the world doesn't end"

Kise just froze and stared wide eyed at him.

"That's atleast what my friend taught me through basketball" said Kagami with a slight smile.

"Friend?" asked Kise.

"Enough of that" said Kagami, grabbed the ball and threw it to Kise. "The score's 9 to 8. And normal one-on-ones are to 11 points. So we're not done yet"

Kise held the ball and stared at the grinning Kagami who was filled with excitment and determination.

"Heh..." said Kise with a small smile for himself looking down. "A friend taught you that huh..."

He looked up and looked up at him with a determind look himself.

"I'm sorry, but I can't loose" said Kise and dribbled the ball. "I got a friend myself I need to help"

Kagami just grinned and Kise ran towards him.

The two ran around eachother and tried to predict eachothers moves.

"That's it!" yelled Kise spun around and was able to over power Kagami to dunk.

The score was now 9 to 10.

"Heh" grinned Kagami as Kise threw the ball to him. "This is the best job I could ever get my hands on"

Kise just grinned and got into defense while Kagami came to dribble the ball.

"I won't let you win" said Kise with narrowed eyes. "I can't"

"We'll see about that" grinned Kagami and ran forward.

Kise stepped infront of him and Kagami spun around but Kise had followed his move.

Kise went to steal the ball, but Kagami bounced the ball to his other hand and leapt forward.

Kise immidiently spun around, ran at an incredible speed infront of him and jumped up.

He held his hand up to block but noticed he started to fall back down while Kagami continued to go upwards.

"What..." muttered Kise with wide eyes and Kagami dunked the ball into the hoop.

Kise stood frozen in shock as the ball bounced on the floor and rolled into his leg.

"Yeah!" cheered Kagami. "That's a win for me!"

"I... I lost...?" said Kise in disbelief. "I actually lost?"

"Oi, chill will you" said Kagami and picked up the ball which had bounced off from Kise. "It's just one loss. It's not the end"

Kise just slowly turned to stare at him.

"'Winning isn't everything'" quoted Kagami with a small smile. "We win and we loose at times. But that doesn't mean it's the end. We just keep getting back up and continue on getting stronger"

"Heh..." said Kise and smiled a pained smile. "Sounds exactly what my friend would say"

Kagami raised an eyebrow and watched as Kise walked over to the door.

"You won. Tonight" said Kise and turned to look back at him. "But be prepared. I am the weakest of the whole team. They will not take anything lightly like I can"

Kagami just stared as Kise left the room leaving him.

An alarm then suddenly rang and Kagami jumped and ran out the room.

The sound came from the office and he ran inside.

There on the desk was a digital clock sounding the alarm while showing 6:00 in glowing red numbers.

"6 already?" muttered Kagami and placed the basketball under his arm with a grin. "Time to get home then"

Kagami walked out the office and down the hallway.

When inside the gym he stopped to look at the stage.

The lights were on and Kise had gotten back to his place, now all still.

Kagami looked down at the basketball and walked over to the stage.

He placed the basketball infront of the turned off Kise and looked up at him.

"Good game" smiled Kagami and turned to leave.

While Kagami left, Kise had widened his eyes in shock as he hadn't fully turned off.

He gave a small smile to himself and turned himself off for the hour until the gym opened for the day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.9K 1.5K 8
Kuroko got accepted by the Generation of Miracles fairly quickly. The other teams wonder why when Kuroko isn't that talented in basketball, besides p...
52K 1.4K 26
One day, Seirin realizes Kuroko's strange behavior. Kuroko comes day after day to practice, harboring more injuries than before. Is Kuroko holding a...
70.1K 2.2K 12
WARNING: My 15-year-old self wrote this. Cringiness and plot holes ahead DD': Read on if you must. With Kunigigaoka Academy's buildings on the proce...
69.3K 2.5K 100
A Kuroko no basuke fanfic. Teiko's basketball #2. The basketball club is back! This time with new faces, more drama and all the former craziness. Wil...