I did and didn't

By AhnRieJin

✿On-Going✿ After getting married with the famous Hanguang-jun, Wei Wuxian lived with him in Cloud Recesses. L... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Note
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Note
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter One

5.4K 197 25
By AhnRieJin

Lan Shizui walks the path to the back hill, hoping to find Wei Wuxian just dazing off there with the bunnies. Before taking another step, someone calls out for him, it was Lan Jingyi, his fellow disciple and close friend.

"Shizui! Wait!"

"Jingyi, what is it?"

"Are you going to Wei-qianbei?"

"Ah yes, we're going on a night hunt tonight and I wanted to bring him along."

"You should've called me too, I wanted him to check my sword stance again."

"Let's go then."

The both of them continue to make their way to the back hill, only to stop when they see Wei Wuxians' hair flow gracefully in the air. But something was wrong, his eyes were red and he was quite. So quite that he didn't even have a smile on his face.

"Shizui... Is it just me or Wei-qianbei has been like this for the past month now..."

"I notice that too but... Is there something bothering him...?"

They collect themselves as they walk towards the man who looked at the setting sun.

"Wei-qianbei!"

"Wei-qianbei."

They both greet him with smiles on their faces that startled Wei Wuxian. Now smiling at them as he stood up.

"Oh it's you, Shizui and Jingyi. What brings you both here?"

"Wei-qianbei, we want to bring you with us on a night hunt. Would you like to?"

"Hahaha! Do you even have to ask?"

Wei Wuxian placed his arms around the boys' shoulders.

"I'll be happy to come!"

"Wei-qianbei! I want to know if my stance has improved!"

"Then show me."

Wei Wuxian grinned as the three of them walk towards the entrance on Cloud Recesses.

"Wei-qianbei, do you not need anything in the Jingshi?"

"No, none at all. Let's go."

The left the Cloud Recesses as they head down the mountain, greeted by Jin Sect Leader, Jin Ling and Ouyang Zizhen.

"Eh?! Why are we bringing him with us?!"

Jin Ling exclaimed.

"What? Don't you want my assistance?"

"Wei-qianbei, it's good to see that you are doing well these days."

"Thank you, Zizhen."

Zizhen grinned as Wei Wuxian notices him with a smile. Jin Ling pouted as he flicked his hair.

"Whatever, let's just go."

The five of them started making their way to the specific location of the night hunt. While on the walk, Wei Wuxian was unusually quite, he was fiddling with his sash as he walks before them. Lan Jingyi decided to break the silence.

"Wei-qianbei, why didn't you take Little apple with you today?"

"Huh? Don't you hate having to tug his reign everytime he's with us?"

"Well that's true, but won't you get tired?"

"Haha, why would I be?"

"If you say so."

"Just focus on thinking of a plan you will do later on."

Wei Wuxian had cut off the conversation there. Jin Ling might not admit it but he is worried for this man before them. Upon reaching the destination, they can hear loud snarls of fierce corpses and breaking branches.

"So before we cleanse this place, what do you think is inside there?"

"According to what the other disciples gave me is that there are only fierce corpses within this forest."

"Thank you, Jin Ling. If that's the case then."

Wei Wuxian jumped on a tree branch and stood with a smile.

"Won't you get started then?"

The children smile as they head inside the forest to look for the corpses. A few moments pass and Wei Wuxian could already hear screaming coming from Ouyang Zizhen and Lan Jingyi.

"Ah! Wei-qianbei! Help!"

"You're doing well Jingyi! Keep that stance and jump!"

Wei Wuxian laughs and grins proudly at the young boy saving his own life by following his instructions.

"Shizui, to your left!"

Lan Shizui slashed the corpse in front of him and turned to his right to fight the one incoming.

"Jin Ling, don't just use your sword. You're skilled with a bow and arrow too no? Utilize!"

Jin Ling clicked his tongue as he leaped to a tree and used his arrows to kill the corpses that crossed his way.

"Help! Help me!"

Ouyang Zizhen was now surrounded by corpses but Wei Wuxian didn't even move a muscle. A second later, Lan Jingyi was now in front of Ouyang Zizhen, protecting him.

"Good job Jingyi!"

Wei Wuxian sat on the branch as he watched the boys fight artisticly, a soft smile on his face as he does so. But moments later, the boys were now exhausted though fierce corpses just keep coming towards them. They all were now back to back with the tree Wei Wuxian was sitting at.

"Wei-qianbei! Please help us! There are too many! We can not take them anymore!"

"Wei-qianbei please help!"

Wei Wuxian sighed as he let out a chuckle. Jumping down from the branch as he takes Chenqing and places it on his mouth. Playing an eerie melody as the corpses were immobilized. His eyes glowing red as the corpses were now lifelessly, one by one, falling on the ground.

"Haha! Thank you so much, Wei-qianbei!"

"Wei-qianbei is so good!"

"Hmph, whatever."

"Thank you for helping us, Wei-qianbei."

Wei Wuxian patted Lan Shizui's hair and smiled at him.

"You four did great tonight."

Ouyang Zizhen and Lan Jingyi smiled widely as they high five each other. Jin Ling just proudly smiles, secretly happy that his uncle praised him. Lan Shizui hugged his father and said thanks for the praise he gave.

"Come on, let's find an inn."

Wei Wuxian leaded them out of the forest. On the walk, Wei Wuxian was now the one to start the conversation.

"Jingyi had done great with his stance but the same moves won't work everytime. Use a few more fluid movements, okay?"

"I will!"

"Zizhen did good too. Your swordsmanship improved and you exceeded the last time I was with you. Though you need to be more aware of your surroundings."

"Thank you, Wei-qianbei."

"Jin Ling, you did better than last time. You surely did improve with your sword techniques. But I hope you take my advice and utilize with your given selection on weapon."

"Okay."

"Shizui did great in leading. Your swordsmanship improved beyond expectation but you still lack the ability to detect your surroundings. Over all you guys did great!"

"Thank you, Wei-qianbei."

Wei Wuxian wasn't the type to give advices or teaching kids what to do. Though right now he is glad to accompany the juniors and teach them things. Most likely him missing the times where he would also go night hunting with his former sworn brother, Jiang Wanyin. Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian did infact have a saying of 'everyday is everyday', but for now, Lan Wangji is to busy with things to do as a chief cultivator. Being sent away by his brother and other elders on important matters. Leaving his husband alone most of the time. Being bored of doing nothing, he often spends his time at the back hill or lazing around the Jingshi. Rather eating or sleeping for long periods of time. Waiting for his husband to come back into his arms with a smile.

Upon reaching the inn, they booked 2 rooms. Before going in so, they ate first. The juniors ordered first then came Wei Wuxian.

"Give me the most spiciest dish and the strongest alcohol you have. When I say the strongest, I mean it."

The waiter nodded as he walked back to the counter. After minutes of waiting the food came. Eyes of worry plastered on Wei Wuxian when he drank first without even starting off with something in his stomach.

"Wei-qianbei, aren't you going to eat first?"

"Huh? I'll eat later. You guys eat first."

"If you say so."

Wei Wuxian continued to down his jar. A jar turned to jars and his food stayed still and has gone cold. Ouyang Zizhen whispered to Lan Shizui.

"How many jars has he had...?"

Looking at the floor they saw a pile of jars that were either cracked or safe.

"How on earth can a person down Twenty-five jars...?"

Lan Jingyi exclaimed. The waiter once again bringing two jars to the table as ordered, Jin Ling finally spoke.

"Stop bringing him jars even if he asked for it!"

The waiter was surprised but he just left the jars on the table and never came back. Wei Wuxian took another swig from the new jar as he downed it continuously. Lan Shizui stood up as he placed his hands on Wei Wuxians' shoulders.

"Wei-qianbei, that's enough drinking now. You've had enough, let's go to bed."

"What bed...?"

"Let's go to sleep."

"Sleep... Sleep huh..."

Wei Wuxian lifted his head and revealed blood shot eyes.

"Am I going to sleep in that cold bed alone again...?"

"Wei-qianbei...?"

"Are you letting me sleep all alone again... Alone... I'm so alone..."

Wei Wuxian let out a laugh as he downed the rest of the jar. Opening the last one as Jin Ling took it from him.

"Give it back!"

"No! You're drunk! Just go to sleep!"

"I don't want to sleep... I don't want to..."

Whining as he tried to grab the jar from Jin Ling.

"Why don't you want to sleep, Wei-qianbei?"

Ouyang Zizhen asked with his brows knitted in worry.

"You're asking me why...? Haha... Nobody ever asked me why... Yet you..."

Wei Wuxian hiccuped as he looked at the table.

"I'm going to be alone again... Sleeping on a cold bed with just myself and the air... Heh... Funny..."

"Wei-qianbei, you should really go to sleep now."

"Tell me, Jingyi... Why...?"

"Why? Why are you asking me why?"

"Why am I always alone...?"

Ouyang Zizhen furrowed his brows when he heard what Wei Wuxian just said. Lan Jingyi folding his hands in a fist, he feels guilty. Lan Shizui knelt in front of his father as he held his hands.

"Wei-qianbei, you aren't alone..."

"No you don't understand...! I'm lonely... I... I'm a bad person and I deserve to be lonely..."

"What are you talking about?!"

Jin Ling shouted at him, placing the wine jar on the table making a loud thud.

"A-Ling... I'm sorry..."

Jin Ling was taken aback as he saw Wei Wuxian slowly break down in tears. His face flushing red as he stands up and walks over to his nephew. Tightly holding on Jin Ling's shoulders as he continues to cry.

"I'm sorry..."

Falling to the floor as he looks at his hands. Ouyang Zizhen and Lan Jingyi couldn't take it anymore as they too start crying with him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378K 15.6K 49
What if they (wangxian) were secret lovers?? Just like the title 😅. Disclaimer: I don't own the characters or the pictures but the story. Just enjo...
159K 10.2K 87
*** PLEASE READ STOLEN MEMORIES ARE NEVER FORGOTTEN FIRST****** They say that people change after they get married. Wei Ying and Lan Zhan have been...
144K 6.8K 21
**WARNINGS** THIS STORY CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS. This story has a malexmale relationship. This story is not suitible for juniors. This story may hav...
41.2K 1.4K 6
(A/N: I wrote this first in Tagalog and supposed to be just a quote, but... 😂😂😂 MY most-awaited XiCheng angst fanfic! 😂😂😂) Summary: The cultiva...