Five Nights at Kuroko's

By PokeAuthorFan

Taiga Kagami is looking for a job while at his high school age. He finds a job application for a well-known b... More

~Start the Night~
~Night 1~
Next Day
~Start of Night 2~
~Night 2~
Next Day's Report
~Start of Night 3~
~Night 3~
Seirin, Gather!
~Start of Night 4~
~Night 4~
The Research
~Start of Night 5~
~Night 5~
Staying at Kuroko's
~Start of Night 6~
~Night 6~
Fear
~Start of Night 7~
~Night 7~
The End

Getting the Job

658 15 2
By PokeAuthorFan

"Darn it already!" snarled Kagami and punched a light pole.

It was now getting dark and Kagami had just finished another failed job interview.

"Why is it so hard!" he yelled.

A harsh wind blew by him swiftly making him snarl again and fix his hair until he felt something on his leg.

"Huh" he said and looked down.

There blown into his leg was a newspaper which he picked up.

The newpaper seemed to be folded so a spesific page was shown.

Kagami looked over the page, but what caught his eyes was a box in the corner of the page.

It was a job application for a place called Kuroko no Basuke.

"Kuroko no Basuke" smiled Kagami nostalgic. "I remember that place. It was where I got my passion for basketball"

"Help Wanted

Kuroko no Basuke

The children's basketball gym is looking for a night guard to work nightshifts, 12 am to 6 am.

Monitor cameras, ensure safety of equipment and animatronic characters.

N҉o҉t҉ ҉r҉e҉s҉p҉o҉n҉s҉i҉b҉l҉e҉ ҉f҉o҉r҉ ҉i҉n҉j҉u҉r҉y҉/҉d҉i҉s҉m҉e҉m҉b҉e҉r҉m҉e҉n҉t҉

120$ a week.
To apply call;

X-XXX-XXX"

Kagami squinted his eyes at the singel smudged line but shrugged it off as useless information.

"This is great!" he grinned. "It's better than nothing, and I get to work at a childhood location"

He rolled the paper into a roll and stuffed his hands into his pocket then headed home.

Around a dark corner not far from where Kagami just was stood a figure grinning to himself.

He gave out a dark chuckle and stepped back into the darkness.

*******************************

"Yatta!" cheered Kagami when he closed his phone. "I got the job!"

It was the next morning when Kagami decided to call for the job.

It slightly confused him as to why he was immidienlty applied without an interview, but it was covered up by joy and excitment.

"Then to start work at 12!" he said and looked at the clock.

"Crap!" he screamed and grabbed his bag. "I'm late for school!"

He hastly threw on his shoes, grabbed his jacket and ran out the apartment.

***********************************

"Bakagami, you're late!" yelled Riko when Kagami entered the gym after school classes were over.

"Sorry..." muttered Kagami and threw down his bag.

"You were late to school also this morning" said Kawahara as everyone came out of the changing room.

"Did you oversleep again?" asked Fukuda.

"No" said Kagami. "I was just lost in thought... I guess"

"Kagami, lost in thought?" said Koganei shocked.

"That's a first" nodded Furihata.

"Oi!" he snarled.

"And why exactly were you thinking so much about to get late?" asked Hyuuga.

"I got a job!" he grinned.

"A job?" asked Izuki. "Where?"

"At Kuroko's as a night guard" explained Kagami.

"You mean Kuroko no Basuke?" asked Kiyoshi and grinned. "I remember always going to that place when I was a child"

"Yeah, me too" smiled Izuki.

"But Kagami" said Riko. "Night guard? Won't that go over your school studies?"

"I'll be fine, coach" huffed Kagami. "It was the only job I could get eitherway"

"Not suprising" mumbled Hyuuga shaking his head.

"Oi!" yelled Kagami.

"Just make sure it doesn't go out over school" said Riko.

"It wont" said Kagami. "Can we start now"

Riko nodded and blew her whistle.

"Start warming up!" she yelled.

***********************************

Kagami got up from his bed with a yawn.

It was 11 pm now and he stumbled to his closet to get some suited clothes on for the job.

"First night at the job" mumbled Kagami and went to the kitchen to get something to eat.

After chomping down his quick food, he headed out and went to his destination, Kuroko's.

************************************

In a building a few streets down from Kagami's apartment building was the well known Kuroko no Basuke location.

The building was large and white, orange and blue colored with a giant basketball sign by the entrence.

When going inside one comes to a hallway with a reception desk, then to a hallway going into a large open gym with a large stage at the far end. The right wall had large doors which lead to the supply room where you could find all the basketballs, extra hoops, nettings and everything else needed. By the supply rooms and next to the stage was a door leading to the back stage.
The left wall of the gym had two open halls going in and in the corner next to the main stage was a small stage with pale blue curtains closed around it.
High up in every corner were large speakers and spread around the open walls were posters hanging around.

Poster saying from 'Let's Play with The Generation of Miracles!' to 'Let's play ball!' to 'Aim high!' to 'We play together, We win together!'.
All these posters had five boys pictured on them. From them standing together cheering to them playing basketball to them.

The hallways going into the left wall had multiple doors leading into smaller gym rooms for private practices or plays and at the end of the halls was an office.

Right now, at 11.47 pm, it was dark inside the building, but if one was to stand inside and stare at the stage, one would be able to see five tall figures.

These were the animatronics of this location.

The five known as the Generation of Miracles.

They were the attraction of the place.

In the day time when the gym was open, they would walk around, joke and laugh with the customers, guide the children to play basketball and practice together with them.

These robots were so advanced and complicated that could almost go off as normal high school boys if it wasn't for the metal plates and bolts visible on their 'skin'.

They were also advanced at the sport they played where a large prize was offered for anyone who could win against a one-on-one against them.

Right now, inside the building, it was quiet.

Until the animatronics moves.

"Hey guys" came a joyful voice. "I heard that a guard was going to start here today"

"A new guard?" huffed a slightly rough voice. "They won't last long. Like everyone else"

"We will have to test this guard's skill then" said another voice.

"What a pain..." muttered a fourth one.

"We will find out if this new guard is the one" grinned the last animatronic with a commanding voice.

The animatronics jumped down from the stage and the sensor lights at the front of the stage shut on.

The silhouettes of the five animatronics was visible by the light.

The shortest one in the middle looked up with a grin, red and gold eyes shining dangerously in the dark.

The other four also looked up.

Green, indigo, violett and yellow eyes glew as they stepped forward to stand next to the middle one.

They all turned to look at the closed off stage in the left corner of the gym.

"Just wait a little longer" said the red one. "It won't be long now"

"Rest assure!" grinned the yellow one. "We will help you"

"You've been off for far to long" said the green one.

"You will wake up soon right?" asked the violett one.

"We will help you wake up and we can all play together again" said the indigo one.

All that was aimed to the stage which the pale blue curtains covered.

Inside, covered in shadows, there stood another animatronic.

This one was the smallest one of the bunch, but was shut off from the world outside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 96 21
A great danger is coming to the world and the Generation of Miracles are the Chosen ones who are destined to save it. They are sent to an island wher...
15.4K 373 9
Everything seems to be going well with the Generation of Miracles. They live together, and its wonderful. Trouble is bound to happen. Well, it does...
39.3K 820 16
One summer afternoon in Teikou Academy's court, the first string regular members is preparing for their practice match against the second and third s...