Licensed Villains

By deatmat

Heroes are kind. Heroes save people. Heroes want to help people no matter what. Heroes are like All Might, sm... More

A Job
Endeavor
Dabi
Advance
Truce
Intern
Spying
Analyze
Observe
Alloy
A Job (Pt. 2)
Prepare
Shouto
Hawks
UA
Information
Fight
Train
Warning
USJ
Heroes
Investigate
Bonding
Support
Confront
Past
Rumors
Honesty
Commission
Hunting
Talk
Sports Festival
Cavalry
Fire
Articles
Visit
Dinner
Patrol
Search
Stain
Renounce
Offers
Proposition
Planning
Apologies
Reveal
Exposition
Consequences
Gone
Trapped
Find
Push
Escape
Return
Brace
Shout
Resolve
Requests

Race

2.4K 142 141
By deatmat

"Begin!"

Almost immediately Izuku found himself pressed between the many students trying to fit through the door all at once. He felt like he was being squished into a flat sheet of cardboard as everyone shoved each other around. Groaning, he tried to avoid his head being slammed into the person in front of them. 

Somewhere behind him he heard a student complain about why they wouldn't make the entrance wider. It hit him then. They're testing them. This is first obstacle. They want to see how each of them are going to make it through.

Looking around at the crowd, he could already see people trying to use their quirks to escape the mass of people. Near the front, he made out Shinsou getting hoisted up by several students. He resisted the urge to let out an amused snort. Show off. 

Speaking of show offs, a blast of ice stretched across the entrance and onto the first bit of the track. Izuku's eyes widened and he jumped just in time for the ice to slip under his feet. Around him, people gasped at the sudden attack, feet frozen in place. He quickly moved past them. With everyone frozen in place, no ones pushing and shoving him and slipping past them is easy enough. 

He could faintly hear Shouto calling back in his blank voice, "Apologies," and shook his head. He knows he's not sorry at all. It was a good plan, he'll give him that. This is going to be fun going up against him. 

Up front a girl-- Yaoyorozu he remembers her name being-- launched forward on a pole she must have materialized, sort of like how he does with his baton. Next to her in the air was the redhead from 1-A, a boy with lasers, and a blonde with very familiar explosions. She shouted, "Nice trick, Todoroki!"

"I won't let you get away that easily you Icy-hot bastard!" Kacchan screamed and Izuku winced. Icy-hot bastard? Such a lovely nickname. He hopes Shouto isn't too offended by Kacchan's. . .  well, Kacchan's everything. 

Izuku had made it through the crowd, now upfront with what he realized was most of 1-A and 1-B besides a few general studies and support students. The only problem with being out of the crowd now was he didn't have anyone to push off of and was struggling to make his way across the ice. Great. 

He carried on, slipping across the surface of the ice. Shinsou was close to him now, calmly resting upon the shoulders of other students. He glanced down at Izuku and smirked. "Struggling?"

If he was Kacchan he would have cursed at him, but instead he simply settled for an unimpressed look, mumbling, "You could help me instead of mocking me."

"Maybe I will." He gestured to one of the people supporting him in the air. "Grab on to a minion. Use them as balance."

He grinned and did so. Part of him wondered why Shinsou would help him before he remembered he needed him as an analyst. Shinsou knows how valuable he is. Or maybe it's because they're friends but he doubts it, considering Shinsou still won't admit they're anything but acquaintances. 

At last, they reached where the ice ended and just as he was about to take off in a run after Shouto, who was only a hundred meters or so ahead, a metal fist whacked the boy in second to lead. Izuku gasped and he halted along with Shinsou and his 'minions'. 

"What the. . .?" He stared up at the massive robotic figures that appeared out of nowhere. Large masses of metal twisted into complex pieces towered over all the students. It took only moment for Izuku to realize they were the next obstacle. He stumbled back a step, surprised. 

"Those are the zero-point robots from the entrance exam," Shinsou stated, seeming almost amused. "Damn. Where do they get the funding for this stuff?"

Izuku looked upon the robots in awe. So these are what the hero course students went up against? He's almost glad he didn't hand in his application on time for the analyst entrance exam, not wanting to know what sort of challenge they had to do. 

"I bet we're in for a treat here! A test of strength and cunning!" Present Mic's voice carried over the stadium. "It's a robo inferno!"

It's a death wish is what it is. U.A. really loves the saying 'go big or go home'. Plus Ultra, he guesses. 

Before he had the chance to come up with a plan to defeat the robots, Shouto was turning the ground to ice, raising his hand for an attack. He was close enough to him that he could catch him saying, "I wish they'd given something a little more challenging, especially since my dear old dad is watching."

One of the robots reached down towards Shouto but didn't make it far before it was enveloped in ice. Shouto's quirk took advantage of all the robots, each of them freezing in place. Izuku gaped at the sight, gazing at the ice that climbed up every bit of metal. He found himself unable to look away from where Shouto stood, arm outstretched and hair shifting in the gust of wind his sudden attack caused. 

Whoa, he's powerful. 

Really who could blame him for being in awe of the boy before him as he rendered the obstacles completely useless. It was beautiful, in a horrifying way, how the robots were frozen, ice shards covering every inch and glistening in the sun with Shouto standing at the front of it all. Or maybe he was just beautiful. Izuku wasn't sure but he admired it nonetheless. 

Shouto didn't stay still for long, dashing off between the legs of the robots. Several people moved to follow him when he shouted back at them, "Careful now. I froze them when they were off their balance. . . on purpose."

A grin stretched across Izuku's face. So cool, but such a dick move. 

Creaking noises filled Izuku's ears as the robots leaned forward and fell to the ground. He quickly turned away in time for a cloud of dust to appear. He coughed into his arm, choking on the dust. When he turned back to the remains of the robots, he noticed several smaller ones emerging. He frowned. Great. Shouto didn't even get rid of them all so they still have to deal with them. He's seriously cursing out the guys good strategy now. 

Something broke through the top of the ruined robots and he heard a proud shout of, "I'm alive!"

Izuku watched the 1-A redhead (whose name he really should learn) stand atop the pile of robots victoriously. Next to him, another guy with skin like silver burst through the rubble. Huh. They both seem to have quirks that turn their skin weird. The redheads arms look like they're made of stone. Maybe he can find a way to work with that, get them to help him? It was too late to ask now though, they were already running off along with several other members of 1-A.

Come on Izuku, think, he thought to himself, What can I do? I can't just stand here and watch these guys fly past!

A glint of green caught his eye as he jumped out of the way of an incoming robot. There was a piece of metal from one of the robots Shouto demolished on the ground. He dived for it, noticing the robot that he'd just dodged was still trained on him. Just in time he swooped down and picked up the metal scrap, swinging it backwards and bashing it into the robots head. It went down with a satisfying thud. 

Figuring there was no more time to waste, he tucked the metal scrap and his arm and ran for the next obstacle. Hopefully the scrap will come in handy later. Without support gear or a quirk, it's his best bet for an offensive (and possibly defensive) attack. 

His legs hurt as he ran to catch up with those in the lead. He knows Shinsou said it's best if he holds back and doesn't draw attention to himself but he's also not trying to win, he just wants to make an impression. On one person in particular. Around him, he noticed students he recognizes from his own class doing the same. They seemed to be trying to stick out as much as they could. Actually, taking a second look at them, it's only the analysts and not the aspiring heroes that are doing so. 

They want to be noticed, he realized. He nearly face palmed as he remembered the whole point of the sports festival. It draws attention from all over the country; a chance for students to show off and spike peoples interests. If the analysts get noticed by the right crowd then they could get an internship or a possible employer once out of school. It's just like what Hatsume said about the support course showing off their inventions (or babies in her words). 

That's good. Maybe it will make an analyst student like himself trying so hard to do well seem less suspicious. 

Suddenly Present Mic's voice boomed through the speakers saying, "For those of you who thought the first round was easy, lets see how you feel about the second one!"

That's when he saw the next challenge. He could see it up ahead a couple dozen meters and dreaded it. A deep chasm stretched across the center of the track. Large pillars of stone stuck out from the ground, each connected by lengths of rope. He has no doubt Cementos had a part to play in it's making. 

He reached the edge of the chasm and glared into it's deep pits. He doubts he would make it out alive if he fell, and if he did survive, he'd have more broken bones than he can count. Jumping to the nearer pillars is too risky. Even going across the ropes is dangerous and likely too slow. 

A loud squeal caught his attention and he turned just in time to watch Hatsume shoot a grappling hook at the other side of the chasm and dive of the edge. He sighed as he heard her shout something about customers watching her use her babies. From where she'd just dove from, he spotted Uraraka and a pink skinned girl. He remembers watching her in the training rooms one day with Shinsou. Her quirk has something to do with an acidic substance. 

Wait a minute. He glanced at the scrap under his arm and then back at Uraraka. He might have an idea on how to get across. 

He ran over to Uraraka and practically shoved the metal scrap towards her. She gasped. "Deku I- oh! What are you doing?"

"No time to explain. I have a way across," he quickly said. "Can you use your quirk?"

"You know I'll throw up. I'm saving it for-"

"I know, I know." He gestured to the metal scrap. "But this is small. Can you use your quirk on it?"

She seemed to hesitate. Her eyes flicked past him to where Iida, Shouto and Kacchan were making their way across the obstacle quickly. When she looked back at him, there was a determined light to her eyes. She nodded firmly. "I hope you know what you're doing Deku."

"I do."

The scrap floated in the air as he activated her quirk. He helped her hop on to it before taking a step back. With all the speed he could muster, he ran towards the edge, pushing the metal scrap with Uraraka on it. 

"Hold on!" He shouted before giving it a final push and jumping on himself. He squeezed his eyes shut, praying that Uraraka's quirk wouldn't give out. When nothing happened, he peeled his eyes open to see them gliding across the chasm. Next to him Uraraka let out a loud whoop and he grinned. 

"What's this?" he heard Present Mic shout. "Are those students working together?! That's not something you see everyday, hey Eraser?"

The two of them reached the end of the chasm just as Eraserhead said into the speaker, "This is a competition but there's nothing against helping others out. If anything, it shows these students have the makings of heroes. Heroes work with others all the time, even in training and festivals like this."

"High praise coming from you Eraser."

"It wasn't praise. I was making a point."

"Sure."

Izuku ignored the swell in his chest at the (possible) praise, even if a small part of him wanted to shout that he and many other students here weren't heroes or trying to be so. 

He tucked the scrap under his arm and started running again, Uraraka beside him. They weren't far behind Shouto, still able to see his figure running up the stairs to what would hopefully be the final obstacle. Directly above them, he spotted Kacchan blasting his way through the sky. That puts him in third or fourth depending on whether he's counting Uraraka running alongside him or not. 

He climbed up the steps just as Kacchan touched ground in front of the obstacle. Up ahead he could see Shouto working his way through it. He appeared to be avoiding the darker circles of dirt. Why?

Kacchan launched forward but Shouto must have known and sent a blast of ice backwards, blocking his path. Kacchan slammed into it, falling to the ground and landing on one of the dark circles. He was blown back towards the start of the obstacle again, right at Izuku's feet. So that's what the dark circles are. They're mines. That's how Kacchan was launched back here--

Launched. The mines can launch people.

"Bastard!" He screamed and got back to his feet, not noticing Izuku yet. "Your declaration of war was to the wrong fucking person!" 

Without thinking, Izuku grabbed Kacchan's wrist before he could take another step or launch back into the sky. "Wait."

He whipped around and faced him, eyes widening. "Deku! You-!"

"Please, before you yell and waste all our time, here me out!" he screamed, griping his childhood friends wrist tighter. That seemed to shock Kacchan enough to make him shut up for five seconds. Izuku took the opportunity knowing they had limited time. He could already see the others catching up in his peripheral vision and Uraraka was making her way across the field. 

"If you go after him now you won't pass him in time. Maybe you could have before he slammed you with the ice wall but not now. I have a plan that can get you and I both ahead of him." He sighed. "Look, I know you hate me but we both want to beat Shouto and I know how. Please, work with me on this. You don't have to but you won't win if you don't."

Kacchan's face contorted into a scowl but he looked to at least be contemplating the idea which is start. He wished he'd hurry up and make a decision. They don't have a whole lot of time. 

Another beat passed before he was scowling, lip pulled up in what could be disgust. "Fine, nerd. Tell me your shitty plan."

And so he did. By the time he'd explained the plan to Kacchan and actually prepared it, a dozen people were a quarters way through the obstacle. The only good thing was the Shouto still was just completing the final quarter. They had time, even if it was very little of it. 

Kacchan placed the final mine it the little pile they'd created. He yelled, "Get your ass over here Deku! Lets fucking go already!"

"Alright, jeez. Feeling so much faith from you right now," he muttered under his breath, not loud enough for Kacchan to hear, and held the scrap out in front of him. Kacchan stood beside him, gripping his own side of the scrap metal. He positioned them in front of the mine pile and sent one final glance Kacchan's way. "Ready?" 

"Lets explode some shit, Deku!"

Here goes nothing, he thought to himself as together they jumped onto the pile of bombs, the metal scrap beneath them. 

The impact was stronger than he expected. A vibration went through his whole body as they were shot into the sky with the explosion. He clung to the metal for dear life, knuckles turning white. Holy shit. This explosion is bigger than anything Kacchan has ever made, or probably could have if he'd tried only using his quirk to catch up to Shouto. For a split second he thought it perfectly reasonable that this would be how he dies. 

"Whoa! What's with that explosion that's bigger than it should be?! Incredible! What just happened" Mic shouted. 

They were doing it! The explosion successfully launched them in the air and together they were barreling towards Shouto at an insane speed. He tuned out Present Mic's commenting as his eyes locked with Shouto's mismatched ones. The other boys lips were parted in shock, eyes widening before hardening back into a cold glare. As he flew past him, he saw his whole demeanor change from confident to angered. 

He almost felt bad that he was taking away Shouto's win. He should have gotten it but there's more on the line than just a win. He hopes Shouto can forgive him later, after he proves his point. He needs to win so he'll take him seriously when the time comes to face him head to head. He needs to make him give him his all, not half of his power. 

"Take that Icy-hot bastard!" Kacchan barked out as they flew by. 

Yes Kacchan, piss him off more. Excellent idea. 

Izuku's debating whether bringing Kacchan along was a good idea or not. It's a good thing he knows what would have happened if he hadn't. He needs Shouto's attention to be on him, not his childhood friend. If he'd let Kacchan try to beat Shouto by himself than the youngest Todoroki would have seen him as the threat rather than Izuku. Dragging Kacchan along not only keeps the blonde from being pissed at Izuku, but keeps Shouto's attention on him so his plan can work. 

Shouto scowled at them both. Ice extended from his hand creating a path in front of him across the land mines. Izuku saw the determination in his eyes and knew he'd catch them if they didn't do something. 

"Kacchan!" he said. "Blast us forward more and get ready to dive roll into the finish."

"Don't tell me what to do!" Kacchan retorted, but listening to what he said anyways and letting out a final blast. It shot them straight through the exit tunnel, Shouto on their tails. 

"Dive!" Izuku yelled as they reached the end of the exit. The scrap metal fell away from beneath them and together they dove. Izuku rolled as he slammed into the ground, the force causing him to clench his teeth together. The dirt of the arena was at least soft enough for him to hopefully not bruise anything (but there's no guarantee). 

Sitting up from where he'd ended up after his roll, he looked around. To his left Kacchan was standing proudly, breaths labored and sweat glistening on his palms. Just behind him was Shouto in all his two-toned glory. He'd fixed a glare on him and Izuku gulped. Welp, he definitely got his attention, and maybe a death penalty. 

They beat him, right?

As if hearing his thoughts, Present Mic's voice answered his question. "That's the closest win I've seen yet! Coming in third is Shouto Todoroki! As for first and second, we're looking at the footage again here and-- A close call this was indeed! In first place, winning by only the length of a finger tip. . . Izuku Midoriya! Which places Katsuki Bakugou in second!" 

So much for not angering Kacchan, who is currently storming towards him with him palms raised and crackling with explosions as Present Mic continued to announce the new arrivals. He winced when a fist grasped onto his shirt and tugged him forward. The blonde growled. "Deku! You- You-!" He seemed at a loss for words as he hoisted him in the air. Confusion washed over him when he was set back down on the ground and Kacchan let go of him, pushing him away. He sneered. "You better enjoy this win because you won't get another. You hear me asshole?"

He was slow to nod, uncertain as to why his face wasn't being pummeled into the ground yet. Kacchan took the nod and left, storming off towards the redhead (seriously, what is his name and why is he everywhere?) who Mic just announced to have come in eighth. Izuku wondered what on earth he was learning in 1-A to have suddenly. . . matured? Is that the right word? Whatever it was, Izuku's not sure what to feel about it. 

"Deku!" The sound of his name caught his attention and he looked to the source. Uraraka was racing towards him, looking a little more faint than usual. "I can't believe you got first place!"

He nervously laughed and rubbed at the back of his head. "Heh, yeah. I guess it's pretty cool. You did really well too."

Personally, he's not all that surprised. If he wasn't so confident in his abilities, he wouldn't be balancing all of his plans on them. If being Revite taught him anything, it's to think a little better of himself. 

Thinking of being Revite reminded him of Dabi and his mom who are likely watching him on TV now. He has a feeling Dabi will give him a lecture on not drawing attention to himself again when he gets home. Or he'll congratulate him on pissing off his younger sibling (from the family he hates). Maybe both. 

On the topic of grumpy people who seem more villainous then they actually are, Shinsou was approaching Uraraka and himself. The insomniac stopped in front of them, bored expression gracing his features. He tilted his head to the side and raised an eyebrow. "I thought I warned you keeping on the down low for the first round would be better." 

He shrugged. "I have other plans that require a little more, uh, flare."

"Plans that totally don't involve Mr Hot-but-still-cold," Shinsou remarked, rolling his eyes. "This is why you start rivalries with groups of people, full classes, rather than individuals."

He sighed. "Yeah yeah, lecture me later. Gosh, you're like Dabi."

The last bit he muttered but at the sight of Shinsou's questioning look, he wonders if he heard it. He made a mental reminder not to let anything else about his double life slip again today. Luckily, before Shinsou could comment on his jab at Dabi, Midnight interrupted announcing the placings of each student. 

"Only the top forty-two will go on!" Midnight said and Izuku bumped his fist with Shinsou's (who placed twenty-seventh). "Now the real fun is about to begin! The chance to fully put yourselves in the limelight! Lets see what we have in store for you next!"

At the crack of Midnight's whip, the screens around the arena lit up with the slot machine again, the options for the next round spinning. Izuku rested a hand on his chin. He wonders what it could be. They usually do some sort of team challenge for the second trial from what he can recall from previous years. The question is how many people for a team and what they will be doing. 

"Prepare yourselves. . . for this!" Midnight cracked her whip again and the machine stopped spinning. Displayed in bold letters on the screens were the words, Cavalry Battle. So it is a team game, he was right.

"Allow me to explain," Midnight said. "Participants will form groups of two to four people as they see fit. Each team will have a rider and horsemen. The rider will be carried atop the other's shoulders and carry the teams head bands.

"These head bands contain point values. The goal of the game is to steal others headbands so when the timer goes off, your team has the most points. In theory, it's like a regular playground game but there is one difference. Each player's point value is based on the result of the obstacle course. The points go up by increments of five, meaning forty-second place has five points and forty-first has ten and so on. However, the point value assigned to the top place is. . . ten million!"

Shit. 

Izuku's starting to see why hanging in the middle would have been smarter. Immediately he felt the eyes of everyone on him. Great. They're all going to be going for him now as the holder of the ultimate win. He shared a glance with Shinsou who was wearing the most 'I told you so' look he's ever seen. 

A sinking feeling pulled at his gut. Now not only does he have to watch out for Shouto, but everyone. 

"Now, you've got fifteen minutes to choose your teams! I recommend you get started!"

He needs a good team. It doesn't matter their points since his points alone are enough for three teams. All he needs is people who can play defensively. Anyone who partners with him already has a lead so in order to win they would just need to get others away. Perhaps someone who could command others to keep away.

Just as he was turning to Shinsou to ask for his assistance, the other boy was backing away and shaking his head. "Nope. Not today. I am not teaming up with most targeted guy."

"Oh." Though Izuku could see his logic, he was a little disappointed. He asked, "Who are you joining then?" 

"I'm going to persuade a couple 1-A and B kids to make me their rider," he said, lingering on the word persuade. "I was going to snag Komori and Kaseki-kun but it looks like they got kicked out. They hung a little too far back in the forties."

He felt bad for Komori and Kaseki. The two seemed to be trying so hard to get Kaseki into the hero course. Forcing a grin, he offered good luck to Shinsou and watched the boy walk away. He sighed and turned to Uraraka. He asked, "Hey, Uraraka-kun? Do you know anyone here whose quirk is good for defense?"

The girl seemed surprised by the question. "Oh, um. . ." she started to say, "Kirishima-kun's quirk is primarily defensive but he seems to already be teamed up with Bakugou-kun. Look."

She pointed across the stadium to where the same redhead that he kept seeing was bumping his fist against Kacchan's. Ah. So that's his name. His quirk would be nice and so would Kacchan's but he doubts his childhood friend wants him on his team. 

"Bummer," he muttered. "Is there anyone else?"

Uraraka tapped her chin. "Hmm, there's a few. Shoji-kun would be nice for something like this but he looks to have a partner. Um. . . oh! Iida! His quirk is-"

"Engines in his legs! That would work!" Izuku shouted. He paused and felt his face heat up. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I cut you off. I got a little too excited. Let's go find Iida-kun. I think that's him over there."

It was easy to spot the boy in all his bulk and engine legs. Uraraka waved to him, calling him over. In a flash he was by their side, bowing in greeting. "Hello," he said. "My name is Tenya Iida. You are?"

Figuring the question was directed towards him, Izuku replied, "Izuku Midoriya. I'm an analyst from the general course. I was curious if you'd like to join our team?"

"O-our team?" Uraraka stuttered. 

Puzzled, he tilted his head. "Yeah, you and me. I need someone to who knows everyone well, and you're the only person I know out of the hero courses who doesn't hate me right now. Besides, you're strong. We are a team, right?"

He realizes he shouldn't have assumed she would want to partner with him. It was rude of him not to ask. Luckily, she didn't seem to bothered for she nodded. "Yeah. We're a team."

"Great!" He grinned. "Iida-kun,  if you're willing, we'd like to recruit you for our team. We need someone who can help us evade others, especially with my points."

Iida frowned, his eyes softening behind his square framed glasses. "I'm sorry," he said. "I'm certain that as an analyst you have a good plan but I'm afraid I must refuse your offer. I've been watching you. Bakugou and Todoroki-kun have already challenged you but they are not the only ones who see you as a rival. I'm aiming for the top and right now, you're it. I can't work with you, it's too risky. I apologize. Good luck to you both."

The boy nodded to Izuku and then Uraraka before walking off to find another group. Izuku's heart sank as he watched him walk away. It's too bad. From what he'd seen from Iida's abilities, he was quite strong and intelligent. He would have made a good teammate. 

Izuku rubbed his temples and shook his head. "Sorry Uraraka-kun. He was a good suggestion."

"Don't apologize Deku!" She told him. "We'll find somebody." 

"I'm not so sure. I'm making it difficult for us to find partners. It seems everyone has already decided we're taboo. No ones crazy enough to team up with--" he paused, eyes widening. Crazy enough? He knows the craziest person here. "Wait. I think I know someone who'll join us. Follow me."

He grabbed Uraraka's wrist and dragged her across the arena to where he spotted a head of pink hair. His partner let out a surprised yelp but went along with him anyways. When they reached the person he was looking for, Uraraka made a an eep noise. "Her?" she questioned. "Isn't she a little. . .?"

"Bizarre? Crazy? Extra?" He offered up knowing very well what most people would think when they first meet Hatsume. 

At the sound of his voice, Hatsume whipped around, mouth stretching into a full blown smile. She launched forward and wrapped her arms around him. "Izu-kun! Just the first place participant I was looking for!" 

He huffed a laugh. "Nice to see you too Hatsu-chan. I was wondering if you wanted to join our group," he said, gesturing to Uraraka beside him. 

The support course student released him and clapped her hands. "Of course! This is the perfect chance to show off my babies! Everyone's eyes will be on our team! Think of all the sponsors I could get!" 

"Excellent." It's no surprise she'd want to join them for that reason. He leaned forward and poked on of her inventions wrapped around her shoulders. "You wouldn't happen to have an invention that would help us keep other groups away, would you? I don't have time to go back and get the gear you made me from the locker." 

She nodded and pulled open her bag, yanking out a hunk of metal. "This is a jet pack modeled after Air Jet. It'll work well for getting away from others."

Perfect. That makes up for the lack of Iida's quirk. They're all set for a team.  

"Excuse me."

Huh? Izuku felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around only to come face to face with a beak. He yelped and stumbled back a step. The person who'd tapped his shoulder didn't look so much like a person but rather a bird. Their body seemed relatively normal but their head was what surprised Izuku. It resembled a birds with black feathers and a yellow beak. Connected to their back was a shadowy finger looking to also be in the from of a disproportionate bird. 

"I overheard you speaking of requiring defensive quirks," they said, "My name is Fumikage Tokoyami, and this is Dark Shadow."

He motioned towards the dark figure emerging from his back. Izuku stared for a second or two longer, appreciating the quirk, before speaking. 

"Pleasure to meet you Tokoyami-kun. Are you interested in joining our group?" he asked. 

The boy nodded. "Yes. The spirits seem drawn to you."

"Uh. . . okay." He glanced back at Uraraka as if to ask what Tokoyami meant by that but the girl simply shrugged and mouthed roll with it. He straightened up and plastered on a welcoming smile. "All righty. What's your quirk?" 

"Dark Shadow is mine to control. She is sentient and can bend to fight in battle. My quirk is both defensive and offensive. Dark Shadow can keep anyone trying to attack your team at bay and steal headbands from others."

That. . . could work with his plan. He sees no reason to turn Tokoyami away. 

He reached out to shake Tokoyami's hand but the boy only stared at his outstretched palm. "Welcome to the team." 

Uraraka pumped the air with her fist and cheered. She rushed over to Tokoyami and introduced him to Hatsume. Izuku watched the interaction with satisfaction. They're going to win. They have to. It's all a part of the plan. His eyes were drawn across the stadium to a boy with red and white hair. The plan has to work, for him. It's all for him. 

[A/N: I will be taking a break from writing for a bit. This could take up to three/four weeks. We'll see. Thank you in advance for everyone's patience.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 11.4K 34
His vigilante name is Glitch, he fights villains and hacks into villains electronics to get information at night. During the day he's a civilian name...
32.5K 386 5
Izuku Midoriya, a middle schooler at Aldera high, is treated horribly by his teachers, peers and worst of all by his own mother. Izuku strives to be...
284K 11.8K 30
Mew! Not only a cat but also a vigilante! Good luck finding this guy! Izuku Midoriya was used to staying as a cat soo much that he even preferred be...
591K 22.4K 56
After being diagnosed quirkless, Izuku's father didn't take it too well. The stress grew too much for Inko. But one day, he just left. Izuku is scram...