Black and White

By prettyparis23

Casandra just wants to focus on her self and graduate from college without any distractions.... Cassandra Wil... More

Characters
Black and White
Chapter 2~Sassy Stranger
Chapter 3~Annoying Advices
Chapter 4~Busy Bachelor

Chapter 1~Coffee Collide

153 21 32
By prettyparis23

Summer in California is my most stressful time of the year.

Even though I may have a slight preference for cooler temperatures over scorching heat, the summertime is incredibly taxing, particularly when working at Caligola restaurant.

"Cassie, take these orders to table six and head over to table eight, their orders haven't been taken" Heather ordered after taking a glance at the table.

"Noted! ", I hastened out of the kitchen, steading two plates in both hands and using my foot to shut the door.

"Cassie, you forgot your notepad," Heather called again coming towards me at the kitchen exit. I sighed deeply, slightly embarrassed at my forgetfulness "Oh- thank you, you're a life saver!."

I was just getting ready to set down the plates so I could grab my notepad, but before I could do that, Heather stepped in.

"Don't worry about it, I'll give you a hand with that!"

"Thank you so much, Heather!" I exclaimed with a wide smile, my eyes filled with gratitude.

Heather gently slid the notepad into the pocket of my apron as I looked down to admire it. "I can't thank you enough," I said, feeling touched by her kindness as I glanced at the notepad.

"You're welcome, you still need to tell me the secret to your stunning hair and skin" she winked at me. I grinned playfully "Hmm..., but I've told you already."

"You haven't told me the skin secret and all about the hair, Cassie" she whined... "Later!" I sang and left quickly.

Although Caligola is extremely busy and stressful, the atmosphere is quite cool and refreshing. I could relax and let the air conditioning do justice to the sweat.

After I set the plates on table six, I wiped my forehead with a handkerchief, hastened to table eight, and took their orders before making my way back to the kitchen.

As I let out a sigh, I glanced around the restaurant and suddenly, something drew my attention towards the entrance. Two imposing, tall men dressed in black suits stood in a rather suspicious manner, casting an air of unease over the entrance.

I felt a surge of curiosity and couldn't resist moving toward the place where they were standing. It felt like something was off, and I couldn't shake the feeling that I needed to investigate further.

With a small smile on my face, I cleared my throat to draw their attention. "Hello, gentlemen. Welcome to Caligola. How can I assist you today?" please?" I smile nervously, slightly intimidated by their heights.

The tall, blonde man seated to my left cleared his throat and glanced down at me with a faint frown. "We're just waiting here for our boss," he explained in a low, gravelly voice.

"Okay, instead of waiting near the entrance door, please come and have a seat, "I said gesturing to where they could sit.

The blonde-haired guy whispered into the other guy's ear, and the other guy, brown-haired, nodded to everything the blonde guy said.

What's with the whispering and nodding?

As I sat there, idly tapping my pink fingernails, I couldn't help but wait for them to finish their discussion. However, it seemed like they were in no hurry to stop talking.

"Hold on a sec, do these guys think I have all day? "I wondered.

The customers grew increasingly impatient as they waited to be served, and Mr. Douglas made it clear that he wouldn't tolerate any excuses. Finally, the blonde man spoke up, saying, "Please, lead the way, miss," as he looked down at me.

They trail behind me till I get to a restaurant table.

"Anything you'd like to order while you wait?" I asked, reaching for my notepad.

"No, the boss will order what he wants."The brown hair guy mumbles."

"Alright then, excuse me, gentlemen," I said, turning around.

I strolled back to the kitchen.

Heather and Kira are bustling about in the kitchen, skillfully whisking eggs and sprinkling spices onto chicken nuggets as they sway to the rhythm of La Modelò playing softly in the background.

I took a seat on the stool beside the table. I planned to study for an hour in preparation for my Biology test but I hardly had been able to rest since I started my stewarding job today.

The school had been also stressful and I couldn't wait to graduate.

"Cassie, your attention is needed at table five". Now, this is a lot! I rise on my feet and adjust my apron.

"Coming!" I groaned.

Typically, I don't serve every table. My partner, Fiona, and I work together and divide the tables between us.

But unfortunately, she's been under the weather with the flu. Our boss takes health issues seriously, "Especially because you're dealing with food", he'll say. Coping with college and my job was too much for me at first, but later I got used to it.

Now it seems like a daily routine for me and I always remember I'm doing all these for myself and my family, especially My Mum when I feel like giving up this keeps me going. Ever since Dad passed away, it had been so difficult for her and she had become so weak and devastated. My Sister and I had to be strong, comforting her and she's been recovering with much help and support.

Humming a song that popped into my head, I stopped at table five.

An Indian man was the customer that needed my attention, he was so engrossed in scanning the menu as I approached him.

"Good day Sir, what would you like to order?"I smiled at him.

"I'd like a cup of coffee, French toast, and strawberry cake please"

"Is that all Sir?" I said, jotting down what he had said.

"Yes please!"

I walked back to the hostess station, filled a cup of coffee, grabbed some fresh toast from the kitchen, and headed back to table five quickly, yet the Indian man complained about his coffee saying it was not "hot enough."

The problem with customers...they are never satisfied!

I carefully raised the corners of my mouth into a fake smile, all the while holding the cup gingerly, still cautious from the last disastrous spill that had cost me a small fortune.

As I approached table four, I noticed two adorable infants, causing me to raise my eyes in delight. However, in an instant, I collided with something firm and unyielding, resulting in the complete and catastrophic spillage of the entire contents of the cup.

Oh no!!

Hope it only spilled on me!

Please let it be on me...

My eyes widened after praying silently.

I involuntarily gasped as our eyes met after I accidentally bumped into the person.

A/N: Hey my lovely readers.
How do you like the first chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.7K 1.3K 27
Why should I apologize for being the monster i am; nobody apologized for making me this way. Kenzie ziegler the most rich and popular girl in her hig...
26.8K 420 9
Y/n has transferred from her previous base to Task Force 141's base. She will encounter new people and make new beginnings. But one person will pique...
Relapse By Zen

Teen Fiction

7.2K 103 36
Sixteen-year old Dante Evadoni is a normal boy with a normal life - he's in eleventh grade, he has a fair few friends, he's not popular and he's quie...
2K 61 20
Cole has moved with his mother to three different houses in the past year. His mother tells him the third house is the last one. Cole hopes it is. As...