The Assassin's Cupid {Under E...

By YourAcetylCholine

"I don't care if you do proms or not. I'm not missing my last high school prom. You're going to prom with me... More

Introduction.
You're so sus
Curiosity
Kidnap
Memory wipe.
Change of plans
Doce
Wrong answer
Choad
FBJ
Mop stick
Death of Dickhead
Walks
Rage and Trust
Camouflage
Oreos + Candy
Tell Mum
No Escape
Bloody Motherfucking Asshole
NCIS?
Mistakenly
Theory
Armour
Ever
Role-playing
Prom
Corvette
Klyde
Creep
Unclichè
Alexander.
Run
Monsieur
Sydney
No Fucking Way
Bad Guy
Sacrifices
Promises and Swears
Crazy But Perfect
Tough Night
Way Too Nice Assassin.
My Cupid
You're Amazentastic ❤️

Island girl

23 12 4
By YourAcetylCholine

Aneeqa.

"D'elvano isn't quitting. We've already come too far with her. I understand that her life is at risk but she probably thought of that before opting to be made part. And she'll still stay with you." Jaxon said to Lyrik with his back to the door and the transparent glass divisions.

I pressed my ears closer to the glass divisions to get what they were saying.

Yes. Yes, I was eavesdropping. Don't judge me, this also involves me.

After Lyrik and I went grocery shopping for the second time, Jaxon called for our presence at HQ, then excused me to talk to Lyrik.

"You're not listening. She can't cope and she's going to die, eventually." Lyrik said to Jaxon, trying to make him reason.

I wanted to scream at him, 'hello, I'm not going to die, Mr ever so pessimistic'

It was the same thing he said to Kyan yesterday except, then it was more hurtful. Hearing it again made me mad at myself that I didn't get really mad at him when he said it.

Maybe it was because, I was already gripped with fear. Honestly, right now, they seemed like my safe haven against Alexander and his crew. That was probably what Lyrik didn't get. Whether I was in the team or not, Alexander would still look for me, either to give him clues about xely, work with him or he'll just kill me when I refuse both.

"Eavesdropping?"

I jumped and screamed at the sudden voice I heard behind me.

When I turned and saw Kyan, I immediately slapped my hands over his mouth like he was the one who screamed and he gave me this blank look. Their signature look.

Ughh.

I peeped back at Lyrik and Jaxon, making sure they weren't looking our way before pulling kyan out of there to another room with targets and darts.

"What are you doing here?" I asked frantically, pulling my hands away from his mouth.

"I work here." he said in a duh tone. "What are you doing?"

"I work—"

"Don't even think about it." He interrupted me just as I was about to use his excuse.

I stared at him and he stared at me, waiting for my response.

"Fine. You caught me. I was eavesdropping.....but it's for a good reason." I explained and he rolled his eyes, sitting on one of the arm chairs.

"Whatever your reason is, eavesdropping isn't right." kyan said.

He has always had this goody-two-shoes nature, though I find it cute and ironic as it kind of contradicts with him being an assassin.

On the other hand, Lyrik totally defines himself. The dude is a ruthless badass.

I peeled my eyes away from his, accepting my mistake. "I hear you." I muttered under my breath, sitting on an armchair opposite him.

We sat in silence for a while.

"Do you think I can't cope?" I asked, out of nowhere.

"Hmm?" He looked up from his phone.

"Do you think I can't cope here?" I asked again.

He sighed.

"Four words. Have you seen dickhead?"

He said and I bit my lip sheepishly, remembering the poor technology's condition.

"Honestly? I think you're great at this. You're a natural." he said encouragingly, looking back at his phone.

"Thanks." I said, looking down at my fingers as we fell into another round of silence.

A minute or two went by before he spoke up again.

"Are you worried about what Tevette thinks?"

I whipped my head up so fast, I think I heard a crack.

"What? No, no, no. Not at—"

"Because he probably also thinks you're awesome." He cut in.

Now it was my turn to give him a blank look.

"Kyan, we're talking about Lyrik here. He hates my guts. He can't ever think I'm awesome at anything." I stated, scoffing, because it was true.

A small smile played on his lips and he put his phone away.

"What makes you think he hates you?"

I rested my both legs on the left arm of the chair and folded my arms.

"Well, for starters, he wants me out of the team so bad, It's like I'm some evil energy he wants to get rid of." I said, actually wondering why I was telling kyan this.

At least, he was a good listener and I liked him for that.

"Do you think he may have a reason for not wanting you on the team?" He said, staring at me intently.

"Like what?"

He simply shrugged, "figure it out yourself."

I sighed at that but didn't say anything.

"Besides, Tevette doesn't hate you. If you've seen Tevette actually 'hate' someone..." he chuckled and shook his head "Trust me, you'd be happy you're not the one in their shoes."

And I rolled my eyes at that.

I didn't want to think too much about what kyan said. I mean,why the hell should I care if he hates me or not?

That should be his problem, not mine.

Just as we settled in a comfortable silence, Lyrik's voice rang out through the hallway.

"Way to go, Jaxon. Fuck you!"

*~*

Lyrik.

"What's up?" Doce asked for the nth time and I, for the nth time ignored her. I was too deep in my own thoughts to reply to whatever she had to say. Right now, we were strolling by the side of a river at the hidden parts of Nova Scotia. We were supposed to have underwater training.

Jaxon made her stay. He fucking made her stay.

That was my annoyance.

If there was anything she had to say, she could go right ahead. Because I wasn't replying didn't mean I wasn't listening.

Then she got pissed.

Like really pissed.

"What's your problem?" She said, pushing me. "You haven't said much since you left the conference with Jaxon."

I still didn't say anything and she literally turned into a bug, hitting and distracting me, most annoyingly, bugging me with her unending questions.

I got fed up and pushed her away but she fell into the river instantly with a scream.

God, this girl was lighter than air.

It wasn't my intention that she'd fall into the river but it stopped the questions so...

Win-win?

For a moment, I treasured the silence, continuing my walk waiting until she resurfaced

...only, she didn't resurface.

"Doce, you can come out now, and rain me with your childish insults." I said, rolling my eyes, knowing that was what she was going to do.

But she didn't come out. She didn't resurface.

"Doce, stop playing games." I said, coming to a halt.

I looked at the river, it was clear and still.

And it's pretty deep.

"Doce?"

There was no sign of her, no ripple or bubbles in the water. Everything was eerily still.

My heartbeat suddenly accelerated and without thinking, I took off my leather jacket and jumped into the river.

I went under the water and searched for her frantically. At every point when I turned and didn't see her, my pulse grew wilder.

I started getting scared for her life. I haven't been scared for anyone's life in a really long time.

Just as I thought my pulse was going to explode, I sighted her close to the bed of the river, kicking weakly and hopelessly.

I immediately swam towards her, carried her and swam back to the surface.

Momentarily, we reached the surface of the river and swam to shore.

I placed her on the sand and stepped out of the water as she coughed out all the sea water she had taken in.

I sat beside her and supported her as she kept on panting extremely.

I watched her breath heavily for seconds and when she was well oxygenated, you can guess what happened next.

She started raining me with her childish insults.

As expected.

"You, forsaken lickerish. You almost ended me!" She yelled, slapping my arm as she blinked water out of her eyes.

I stared at her hazel Green eyes and her wet hair. Her hair looked less full when it was wet but it was still pretty. The sun made the water droplets on her fairly light skin glisten.

I had never been so happy to see her, still alive.

"It's not my fault. I expected you to know how to swim as a Caribbean that you are. Aren't you like an island girl?" I stated, rolling my eyes.

What?

I'm happy to see her alive doesn't mean I have to show it.

"An island girl with a fear of drowning!" She fumed, got up and walked away.

Like she knew where she was going.

×××××××××××××

A/N: I'm all yours until college, guys.

Stay Amazentastic and don't forget to vote and drop comments on what ship name you prefer;

Lyreeqa or Anyrik

You can also comment your ideas.

_laere.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 367 20
"Hey! She already said she was sorry. What more do you want?!" I screamed loudly in his face. His face turned from angry to shocked. No one had ever...
294K 7K 27
Megan attends college at Clemson University and she has a boyfriend, Christian, that she has been with since high school. She has the great best frie...
298K 10.6K 56
Being a alpha/beta wolf is not all its out to be. Theo being the son of an alpha and beta has strength and anger like no other. The only ones to calm...
10.6K 787 42
18-year-old Ashley Whittemore returns to her hometown from New York after her father's death. She didn't want to but she had to - because the person...