Camp Camp David Angst Short S...

De 20-ItS_jUsT_mE-05

Basically what the title says bit David and sort of Max angst because I need more David angst and any newbies... Mais

Bro what?
Off-
Possession
Family reunion
School
Imma Ghost!
Well shit
But... why?
Bad Relationship
Wahh, let me help you!
Mama come find me
Teen Idle
Lost
Halloween stuff to start Spooky Season! pt. 1
Delilah
No! Let me go!
What about us?
Okay
Trailor/Test thing
Jasper
Oh no! Our relationship! It's broken!
Stupid sheet
Sorry
Hanahaki
=)
=) pt.2
✨Superpowers✨
Who tf are you?
New Year's
Boom Boom Boom/ Even brighter than the moon
Good Greif
It's been a year daddy...

This is fine

208 5 0
De 20-ItS_jUsT_mE-05

David tries to help. Gwen's pissed and yells. David's turn for overthinking. How far will it go? What happens next?

Find out (if you want) after your read the chapter because I got Pinterest and no longer have a shit ton of writer's block! =D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David knocked on the bathroom door.

"Gwen?" He asked softly to be greeted by sounds of crying in return. "Can you let me in to help you?"

The door clicks unlocked and he comes into the bathroom. He left the door open a crack and sat beside his CBFL. He began rubbing her back and saying soothing words as always ending with. "You'll be fine," 

Gwen pushed him away glaring at him.

"Are you oka-"

"No David it's not going to be fine!" Gwen yelled. David blinked and cocked his head but let her continue. "You always say this is fine! And you'll be fine! But here we are again!"

"I-I'm-" David choked.

"Gosh, I hate you! Fuck that feels so great to get off my chest!" Gwen said and almost had instant regret in her eyes. She knew she didn't mean it.  Deciding to stick to being angry -for now anyways- she stormed out of the room and he could hear her get into her bed and a few minutes later start snoring. He looked at his watch. Three in the morning. He should probably get some sleep. Was he going to? No. He stood up and walked out of the bathroom, turned off the light, and shut the door behind him. He looked over at Gwen who was sleeping with her back to the room. He rubbed the back of his neck and left the counselor's cabin in favor of sitting on the dock.

A few hours later Gwen woke up to the screeching of her alarm. She rolled over and glared at it while clicking it off. Usually, she was up before it went off. Then again usually it was David waking her up with a cup of coffee. She racked her brain for any reason why and her thoughts dragged her back to her blow up. She winced as she thought about it. She should definitely apologize for that. She was tired and emotional she didn't mean it. Gwen got out of bed and walked over to his bed to see it was still messy. Probably from getting up to 'help' her last night.  She sighed and got ready for her day and went to the Mess Hall for her cup of coffee. When she got in she immediately spotted the red-head who was telling Max it wasn't very nice to stab people with forks. It could be assumed that it was David that was stabbed by the way he was holding his hand.

"Good morning," She greeted as she passed him.  He sent her an awkward smile and walked off pushing his hair back then rubbing the back of his neck. "Weird,"

"The fuck is up with camp man?" A small voice asked beside her. She jumped in surprise and realized it was just Max.

"I don't know what the fuck did you do to him before I got here?" Gwen asked in her usual tone.

"As much as I would enjoy the satisfaction of knowing I turned him into a nervous wreck, it wasn't me," Max replied and paused. "I'm gonna kill the fucker that took my prize unless they fix it,"

"Nervous wreck?" Gwen mumbled doubtfully. David was the most positive person she knew all he ever was was fine. She rolled her eyes and decided to go check on him. He was on the phone and talking to somebody.

"You can't be serious right?" David said. "Please keep me updated. Love you, bye," He placed his phone in his pocket as the other person hung up. He looked up at the sky and closed his eye. 

"David," Gwen said causing him to jump with a squeal.

"Gwen!" He said and looked over at a nearby activities place, looking anywhere but her. "I'm kinda busy. Do you need something?"

"No just wondering what the fuck is up with you?" Gwen said in a small joking manner. He turned his head towards a tree. He looked conflicted.

"Just getting ready to set up Preston's camp, he's doing a costume check," There was a long pause waiting for him to continue. "You?"

"Feel like shit as usual," Gwen said trying to lighten the mood. "So what was that phone call about?"

David froze.

"I've gotta go, have a good day!" David replied and ran off towards the stage and going backstage. Gwen stood there confused but shrugged. It's probably Campbell or some shit. Would he say I love you though? Secret romantic partner? Didn't sound so lovey-dovey.  She went back into the mess hall and waited for David to collect everyone to start the activity. David came back with a joyful smile on his face. "Alrighty, kiddos! It's time for Preston's costume check so let's get down to the stage!"

The round of groans was no match for Preston's enthusiastic cheers while they were walking out to the stage. 

Throughout the whole morning, David seemed pretty spaced out. A few times Preston had come up to him to issue a command to the other kids or to show how to do a tap dance move. Not even a few seconds later he would go back to zoning out. Gwen obviously took note of this and tried to help. Only for David to make some lame excuse and vacate to another part of backstage.

David was definitely acting weird. Over lunch David got another phone call and went off to a more secluded place. Gwen took that chance to round up kids and begin interogating them. So far no one had done anything to set him of. To that extent anyways. 

That night Gwen waited in her cabin for David to come back she was getting worried. He never stayed out late. His pillow and his log were gone from his bed. He's probably just camping elsewhere.

-~Meanwhile~-

David laid out the sleeping bag in a small clearing just off the edge of the forest. He had gotten his pillow and sleeping log earlier after Gregg had called him again. Gosh he hoped that Darla was okay. Angry and sad tears fell down his face. How can people be so careless? How hard is it to pay attention! To do what you're supposed to! He pause this thought process and hugged his pillow  while looking up at the stars. He hasn't been thinking either has he? How could he have been so blind that he was hurting Gwen. She hated him that much. He wished that she had told him sooner so that he knew what he was doing wrong. David turned to his side and stared into the darkness between the trees. Hopefully giving her space would make it a little better. He slipped into his sleeping bag even though he knew it would be another restless night. Although did he expect any different?

 At sunrise he rose with it and got ready for the day. He somewhat enjoyed 'sleeping' outside. There were the stars and it gave him a reminder of two of his dearest and, sadly, deceased friends. Quickly he shook their painful and somewhat guilty thoughts out of his head.  He walked towards and into the councilers cabin to get a change of clothes and quickly walked back out ready for the day. Afterwards he made his way to the Mess Hall to try and help Quartermaster get everything ready for breakfast. That job went by quick aswell and it was time for him to start his trek to the tents to wake up the kids.

"Good morning campers!" He shouted and the day had finally begun. Once everyone was ready and out of their tents he lead them on the mini hike back to the Mess Hall.  During the last five minutes of breakfast Gwen walked in and David stood up getting ready to beeline elsewhere if needed. He popped his fingers and other joints on his way as a slight nervous habit. He didn't want to be around to possibly make her hate him more. He's seen what people do when they hit over their breaking point. Thankfully he was saved. Although one of the people who saved him he couldn't save let alone visit. He would really like to but Gwen didn't need to be left alone with the kids. 

"David!" She shouted after him. He turned putting on his usual smile. It almost felt wrong. He needs to do his smile excersizes.

"Yes Gwen?" He asked. Gwen looked concerned worried and had a hint of guilt on her face.

"Are you okay?" She asked. Gosh, he hated that question. He looked just above her and was ready to push out the words. 'Just fine'. When his phone rang. Quickly he check the caller ID and sure enough it was Gregg. He nodded at Gwen and went off to answer it.

"Talk to me Gregg," He spoke urgently and shut the Mess Hall door behind him.

"I just wanted to check on you and see how you are doing," Gregg replied with his voice sounding somber no forced joy even trying to lace it.

"I-I'm fine how is mom?" He asked and began pacing.

"She told me to call you and see how you are doing,"Gregg replied David almost jumped with a smile.

"She's awake!"

"She was for a little bit told me to call you saying 'her mother senses were tingling'," Gregg let out a dry laugh and David teared up looking at the sky.

"How is she doing?" David asked and Gregg once again dodged the question with a joke. "Gregg I am 24 you don't need to protect me what's going on,"

"It- it's not looking so good Davey," Gregg replied. "She isn't stable so they are thinking they might need to pull the plug"

"But it's only been a few days!" David cried running his hands through his hair.

"Davey it's okay they said it's a slim chance they are going to try one more time to see if she is stable," Gregg tried his best to soothe. "She'll be fine David, Darla is a strong woman,"

"Yeah," David sighed and pulled on the back of his neck.  Gregg hung up and he walked off doing his smile excersizes. He can't let anyone see this.

The day went by with their chaotic usual and David was halted once again by a phone call from Gregg in the middle of a campfire gathering. He answered walking off but not with out waving to Gwen that he was leaving temporarily. She sent him an apologetic glance and nodded. Max went up to her with his usualy pissed of and apathetic facade.

"So you fucking took my prize," He said with sarcastichappiness. "Way to go asshole!"

"Not the time satan," She hissed at him. He rolled his eyes.

"What the fuck did you even do?" He asked sitting beside her on the log.

"I kinda blew up at him," She said not going into detail.

"Bullshit the fuck did you say?" Max pushed.

"Pushing makes it sound like you care about him," Gwen replied and Max faked a gag. "I may have -in the heat of the moment- told him that I hate him cause I was pissed and tired and just comeback from a freak out."

"Damn," 

It was a simple reply but I packed a punch.

"I gotta go apologies and clear things up," She stated and rubbed the back of her neck.

"No shit I need to get normal David back!" Max mumbled. "So that I can break him on my own not cause he gives me the attention I need and I see him as a father figure,"

She rolled her eyes and went over to where he was just off to the side of the group. He dropped his phone with his back to the campers and ran off towards the amphitheater. Confused she does a little jog over to his phone and picked it up.

"David? David, hello!" The person on the other line was saying. She put it to her ear.

"Hello this is Gwen, David's co-counsiler, he just ran off and dropped his phone do you know what's wrong," Gwen spoke to the mystery person through the phone.

"His mother just passed," Gregg replied in a horace voice from crying. "I've gotta go can- can you talk to Davey for me?"

"Ye-" Gwen was cut off as Gregg hung up. She pit David's phone in her back pocket and started off towards the backstage of the theater. "David!"

She heard muffled sobs in a corner and followed them to where she found David curled up in a ball. This was the first time she's ever seen him cry.

"David?" She sighed.

"Go away please," David whispered barely audible. She walked close and sat next to him

"I heard... about your mom," She started slowly. "Are you okay?"

He pulled in on himself more and his body rocked with sobs.

"I'm fine, everything is fine," David sobbed. "This is fine,"

"David you're obviously not fine, your mother just died,"

"I know!" He yelled. "I mean fine the acronym: freak out, insecure, neurotic, and emotional,"

He giggled and shook his head.

"No I don't," he whispered and rested his head against the wall.

They were quiet for a little.

"You know, she's the one that saved me," He said and pursed his lips. Gwen tilted her head in confusion and waited for him to continue. "Technically they both did but she picked it up first. She saved me from them, my birth parents, when they were- when they were, mean"

"Well shit," She replied and slightly changed the subject. "How did she die?"

"She was in a car crash the other car had a bunch of teenagers and young adults," He pursed his lips again and began cracking his knuckles. He swallowed and tried not to cry. 

"Damn, did she die on collision?"

"No she's been in the hospital for a couple of days in critical condition. Under medical induced coma everytime they tried to bring her out she'd become unstable and this go she slipped,"

"I'm really sorry David,"

"It's not your fault you couldn't have done anything about it,"  David sent her a weak smile. She lightly rubbed his back.

"I also didn't do anything to help either," Gwen admitted. "You know I didn't mean it when I said 'I hate you' right?"

"Yeah," David replied while shaking his head no. David pulled her into a hug and she let him. He was going through a rough patch. A rough patch she made worse but was going to help fix.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(What two updates in one week? Impossible!)

Went off topic a shit ton but that's fine! It's also a tiny feel to an upcoming chapter! Also, also I am working on another camp camp fic and I am wondering powers au or no powers!

Anyhow hope you enjoyed and have a good day/night!

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

126K 859 105
Just read it lmao......
11.4K 220 16
Hey! Thanks for clicking on this story! The other one i didn't really like and I only did two chapters, so this is a remake. Some Warnings. Gwenvid A...
41.4K 534 34
I have found that there aren't many Camp Camp one shots books on here so I decided to make one. (Little note, lots of these are old and kinda bad so...
84.2K 4.2K 103
"Too good to be good for me, Too bad that that's all I need." //Some chapter will have TW written at the top if I decide they need a trigger warning...