๐”๐ง๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐‹๐จ...

By namjoons_miss_right

Kim Namjoon, a 27-year old multi-billionaire CEO and owner of one of the most prominent fashion companies in... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Author's Note (Updated)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Author's Note
Teaser: Fighting For Love
Questions, Opinions, and Suggestions for Zuki
Announcement

Chapter 33

1.3K 76 36
By namjoons_miss_right

Namjoon's POV

Right after leaving the street where Seoyeon lives, I got a phone call from Taehyung, so I had to stop and park my car again. It's been less than a week since he left, but it does feel like it's been almost months. I guess it's because we lived together for so long. Well, just like a bubbly person Taehyung is, he called me just to vent out how he's so bored with his job. He said that it's so hard to get things in place, even though he's already quite familiar with it. And, of course, he never forget to remind me things about Hwayoung and his lovey-dovey, my secretary. About what happened yesterday, I didn't bother to tell him. I don't want him to get worried nor jealous because of that. I do notice that Taehyung easily gets jealous when it comes to Seoyeon. I wouldn't want him to see me as a competition, because I'm not even competing in the first place.

On my way home, I was able to drive by the company building. While the traffic light was red, I looked around and I noticed a huge placard near a newly built building. I checked the time and noticed that it's still early so I decided to park my car near it and check the building. It actually has balloons and some banners, which only shows it's newly opened too. I then walked inside the building and the sweet aroma of pastries tickled my nose. A staff gave me a flyer and told me that they are having an opening promo of buy one box get one box free. Marketing strategies, of course. I also asked if I could have one balloon, because Hwayoung loves balloons.

I roamed around and noticed how nice this pastry shop is. The ambiance is relaxing, good for students and people who wants a calm place. The theme is more like the old centuries in France, vintage and classy. I think having a date here is perfect, too. Well, if you will bring a date.

"Good morning, sir! Are you looking for a gift for your lover? We offer bouquet of roses, accompanied with the pastries." One staff called my attention while showing me the corner where there are different colors of roses.

I'm not in a hurry, so I followed him and took a look of the roses being shown. Each color is placed in a barrel and each barrel has a small label on the top. I checked each one and noticed that they placed the meaning of every color. Pink for admiration and affection. Red for romantic love. White for trust and respect. There are more colors, but these colors are the common.

"How much is a bouquet of white roses?" I asked as I thought of sending one to my secretary. It's just my way to show gratitude for being so loyal and trustworthy to me and my company. She deserves it anyway.

The staff smiled and said the discounted price. I told him to give me the best flowers and I'll pay for it at the counter. When he started to make the bouquet, I went to the display shelf and took a look of the pastries. All of them seems appealing and appetizing. Suddenly, I thought if Seoyeon would like some, since there's a promo. I took my phone out of my pocket and decided to message her. However, when I'm about to type my text, my mind got blank.

"Uh, what should I say?" I mumbled to myself before making some attempts, but ends up erasing it. "Ha, didn't know texting is this hard." I sighed as I chuckled to myself, then finally sending my text of asking her condition.

I continue checking the pastries but before I could put my phone back, it vibrated. She replied that she's doing well, which is good. I answered to her question about my well-being and I must say, she did a great job taking care of me. She could be a caregiver if she quits my job to be honest. But of course, I wouldn't want to train another person anymore, to be my secretary. I can still remember how many applicants were there before Seoyeon got the job. None of them lasted a week except for her, that's why she got the job. Considering my behavior back then, I wouldn't deny that I might quit too, if I'm in their shoes. Gladly she stayed.

My phone vibrated again, diverting me from my thoughts. She's asking why I asked her if she likes pastries.

[Me:
Well, there's a newly opened pastry shop near the company building. They have a promo of buy one dozen of assorted pastries, you'll get another dozen. I wanted to give the other dozen to you, so that you could try their product, too.]

I waited for her response but it already passed two minutes, so I just decided to go and pick some pastries for me and Hwayoung, also for her. They mostly have pies, but there are macarons, croissants, pretzels, and more. I bought all of the flavors of macarons, since Hwayoung might love these, and mostly the nice tasting croissants and pies. After that, I asked if they do delivery and the staff said that it's free delivery around the city. I put Seoyeon's address on one of the box and said that the flowers will be sent to her too. The moment I paid, the delivery guy started to prepare and left the store immediately. Now that I'm good to go, I checked my phone and there's still no reply so I just messaged her that it's on its way. I walked back to my car and settled myself first before checking my phone.

[Ms. Park:
Oh. Well, thank you, sir! I appreciate it very much. I'll surely inform you when it arrives. Thank you again, sir. Have a nice day.]

[Me:
Enjoy your day-off, Seoyeon. Have a nice day as well.]

I set my phone aside and heated the engine for a while before driving back home. On my way, I suddenly remember all the events this morning. I don't know why, but I do find her adorable when she woke up. The mental crisis she went through was kinda funny. I saw how her expression turned from confused to total horror. It was cute. Especially when she got surprised that I was there all the time. I can't help but to chuckle while I focus my eyes on the road.

"Didn't know that you could be that funny, huh." I mumbled to myself while elbowing the car door, steering the wheel with one hand.

I turned the stereo on and enjoyed the drive to my house. It didn't took me long to get back home. I'm now entering the gates and at the same time, I received a phone call. I pressed the answer button without checking the caller ID, since I'm driving.

"Hello? Who is this?" I called as I drive to the front porch of my house, where a driver is waiting to park my car in the garage.

(Hi, sir! It's me, Seoyeon, your secretary.)

"Oh," I smiled, "What's the matter?" I asked.

(I just called to inform you, sir, that I have received the pastries. They just arrived few minutes ago. Thank you for the treat, sir.)

"Hm, that's good to know. I'm glad you liked it. Did the pastries arrive with the bouquet?" I queried, at the same time, I'm preparing to leave my car with my box of pastries and a balloon.

(Ah, yes, sir. So it was really included?)

"Yes, it is. Did you like it?" I then gave my keys to the driver before entering the house.

(Oh, uhm, of course. It's very pretty, sir.) Then I heard her hum, as if she's uncertain to say something. (Is it from Taehyung, sir?)

"It's from me." I answered and heard an 'oh' from her. "Why? Is it that impossible to receive a bouquet from me?" I joked.

(Huh— Ah, no! Of course not, sir. It's not impossible, I'm just confused.) And her infamous awkward chuckle came after, making me smile amusely.

"I just wanted to reward you with all the hard work and effort you have given and shown as my secretary. Well, I know that's not enough, but that's a good start." I shrugged as I walk farther to the kitchen, to place the box on the table.

(But you don't have to, sir. It's my pleasure to serve you and the company. Yet, I'm still thankful to receive such appreciation. Thank you, sir.)

"It's the least I can do. Besides, Taehyung might scold me for not treating his dear friend right. I bet he called you today, am I right?"

(He did! It must be so sad to be alone, don't you think, sir?)

"It's sad, but you will get used to it."

I'm now heading upstairs, to see Hwayoung and give her balloon. I'm pretty sure she's now dressed up for school.

(That's true, though. Anyway, I just really called to give thanks and to let you know about the pastries. Thank you again, sir. I appreciate it very much.)

"I'm glad to know that. Enjoy your day-off and the pastries." I reminded as I stood in front of Hwayoung's room with the balloon in my hand.

(I will, sir. Take care and please send my regards to Hwayoung. Have a nice day!)

"Sure, I will tell her. Have a great day, too, Seoyeon." I said before ending the call.

As I was about to knock on the door, it suddenly burstes open and the next thing I knew, Hwayoung fell on the floor with her bum. I immediately knelt down to help her stand up. It was too fast, she bumped on my leg that's why she fell.

"Are you alright, princess?" I asked as I check her forehead that she is holding. "I'm sorry. Daddy didn't know you were about to open the door." I apologized and she faced me with a small smile as she giggled bashfully.

"It's okay, daddy. I'm sorry, too." She replied as she tries to stand up, so I helped her.

"Hm, were you running?" I asked and she nodded slightly, so I continued, "Just be careful next time, okay? We don't want anyone to get hurt. By the way, daddy has something for you." I smiled as I show her the balloon.

I watched as her eyes sparkled at the sight of that single balloon, as if it meant the whole world to her. I tied the string on her wrist so that she won't lose it. She then hugged and thanked me for the balloon before leaving me to play with it.

"Princess!" I called and she turned around to face me. "Ms. Park wants to tell you to enjoy your day." I informed and she gasped as her eyes grew.

"Please tell her that I love her, daddy!" She exclaimed joyously so I just nodded and she skipped as she walk through the hallway.

Granting my daughter's wish, I took my phone out to message Seoyeon.

[Me:
I've told Hwayoung your regards, she was happy. She wants to tell you that she loves her.]

"Oh, fudge." I muttered as I realized it was wrong.

[Me:
Sorry, I meant that I love you.]

"Ah, what the fudge!" I groaned as the keyboard automatically corrected 'she' to 'I', and I wasn't able to notice until it got sent. Unfortunately, I got a reply before I could even explain.

[Ms. Park:
Huh? Are you okay, sir?]

[Me:
My apologies, it's not what you think. Hwayoung loves you. That's what I've been wanting to say. I'm sorry.]

I could feel myself sweating, heart thumping in anxiety, with the results of my clumsiness. Or perhaps it was my phone's fault. Yeah! It's my phone's fault. I snapped out of my thoughts when my phone beeped, showing Seoyeon's reply.

[Ms. Park:
Oh, haha ^_^ it's okay, sir. I understand, it may be some typographical errors. Anyway, that's so sweet of her, I hope she enjoys her day.]

"Thank goodness." I sighed as I felt relieved that she didn't mistaken it with something else.

[Me:
Thank you for understanding. It's my keyboard, it automatically corrects the words. I apologize, Seoyeon.]

[Ms. Park:
It's fine, sir. Let's just be careful next time, since we wouldn't want people to misinterpret us.]

[Me:
Yes, that's right. Anyway, that's all that I have wanted to say. I'm sorry again. Have a nice day.]

[Ms. Park:
Likewise, sir!]

I exhaled deeply as I close my phone. I better be careful next time. I must, oh my.

[A/N: Hi, everyone! I apologize for the false drill a while ago. I accidentally pressed the "publish" button, lol. And I also want apologize because it took me a while to publish this chapter, since I got busy along the way. I hope you enjoy the update! Will find some way to update more, just being busy with studies.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 5K 32
Kim taehyung, a very rich CEO was forced to marry a women who have a daughter But things don't go well, both souls were having feelings for each othe...
175K 10.3K 72
"You're really sick you know. I can't imagine someone being as mean and selfish as you, ๐˜’๐˜ช๐˜ฎ ๐˜๐˜ท๐˜บ." He says, as he finally let go of her. "Only...
110K 6.9K 49
Park Jimin. A single parent with a daughter, Kim Jiyeon. His late husband, Kim Namjoon, was died years ago because of an accident and leaving him and...
18.1K 1.6K 35
Namjoon had it all-wealth, influence, a loving family, and everything else. At 35 he is the most successful self made businessman in his country, the...