Pokémon: A Promised Journey

By Duke_Aaron

"Here take this.." "Huh? What's this for?" The little boy asked innocently gaping at the object the girl hand... More

Prologue: The Eventful Meeting
Chapter One: The Twinleaf Trio
Chapter Two: Trainer Card
Chapter Three: The Promise
Chapter Four: The Gap
Chapter Five: New Addition
Chapter Six: Fight for the Coal Badge
Chapter Seven: Godey's Journal
Chapter Eight: Galactic Face-off
Chapter Nine: Xavier's Resolve
Chapter Eleven: Catching Up
Chapter Twelve: Irregularities
Chapter Thirteen: Sovereign of Nightmares
Chapter Fourteen: Visions
Chapter Fifteen: Overlapping Worlds
Chapter Sixteen: Palkia

Chapter Ten: Onward to Alamos

763 25 7
By Duke_Aaron

Xavier had woken up early once again and concluded that it had become a habit of his ever since arriving in this region and starting out on his own adventure. That didn't seem like a bad habit either. 

Figuring that the Professor might still be sleeping, Xavier left the room he had reserved in the Jubilife City Pokécenter where him and Professor Rowan had retired for the night before they would be heading out for their destination, Alamos Town. Professor Rowan stated that he had someone to meet there and Xavier is simply accompanying the professor on his own accord.

His reason being that if he were to be targeted by those Team Galactic goons once again, someone must be there to defend him since he himself isn't carrying any sort of Pokémon with him and neither will his old age cooperate in a physical combat. It made sense for Xavier to tag along with him to prevent any kind of casualties and his research falling into wrong hands.

The black-haired male stepped out at the backyard of the Pokécenter where like every other Pokécenter, it had a battlefield for trainer to test out their skills and train if they wanted to, Being early in the morning, he was the only one here at this time.

"Perfect." He said to himself before releasing his Pokémon. Both of them materialized in front of him; Machop looking alert as ever while Growlithe seemed like he had just woken up from his sleep, much like his trainer.

"You two ready for some early morning training?" Xavier asked, a low chuckle escaping his lips, witnessing the different behavior patterns of his Pokémon. 

One groaned and the other seemed already getting into it.

_________________________________________

One and a half hour later, both Professor Rowan and Xavier seemed ready to depart Jubilife City. Xavier had a change of clothing, replacing his hoodie with a newly bought black jacket and a plain-colored scarf. He bought them both taking note of the weather in Sinnoh and couldn't risk catching a cold.

"Professor Rowan!" A pair of voices calling out the Professor's name, made both of them halt their steps before turning to the direction of the voice.

The sources of the voice were none other Lucas and Dawn, with the former waving at them. They soon caught up to them, a joyous expression on their faces.

"If it isn't Lucas and Dawn." Professor Rowan greeted. He then found someone missing. Someone who is more noisy and hyperactive compared to the two here. "Where's Barry?"

"He headed out for Eterna first thing right after winning his badge, saying he is on a roll and no one can stop him." Lucas quickly informed, trying a little to mimic Barry's speaking style.

"Typical Barry." Professor Rowan muttered, his mind flashing back on how the teenager ran out from his lab without even accepting the Pokédex.

That reminded him. He still has to give him his Pokédex but still hasn't encountered the hyperactive blonde even once after the latter started off on his journey. If only Barry knew the definition of patience.

"So where are you two headed for? Eterna?" Xavier inquired making himself known. He felt like his presence had been completely ignored.

"Oh I didn't notice you at all. Sorry Xavier." Lucas had an apologetic look on his face, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Who is he Lucas?" Dawn questioned. This is the first time for both of them seeing each other. 

"His name is Xavier. One of Professor Rowan's acquaintances whom he met in Kanto." Lucas explained. "Xavier, this is Dawn."

"Nice to meet you Xavier."

"Likewise Dawn."

"You never mentioned where you two were headed to." Professor Rowan reminded. He had no hurry in reaching Alamos, given they had the entirety of the day to do so. He would even evaluate the progress Lucas and Dawn made in their Pokédex while at it.

"Oh we were headed for Alamos Town. I heard there is a Contest being held there and I want to participate in it." Dawn replied. 

"You are into Contests?" Xavier asked, receiving a positive and excited nod as his answer. "I have yet to see what a Contest is like. Guess I will be having my wish granted soon."

"You are heading for Alamos too?" Lucas inquired, his glance changing from Xavier to the Professor then back at the eighteen year old.

From the brief interactions he had with Xavier in Professor Rowan's lab, to Lucas, Xavier appeared to be a person pursing the field of Pokémon battling like him and Barry and not the Contest route. Did he read him wrong that time? Is he trying to sail with his feet on two boats? Because Alamos Town does not house a Gym.

"Yeah I am headed there to meet a student of mine and Xavier is accompanying me as my bodyguard." Professor Rowan spoke on behalf of both of them. "We had a sort of unwanted encounter yesterday."

The four of them resumed moving, this time heading for the same direction altogether aware that they have the same destination to reach. Lucas went and showed Rowan his Pokédex and have it evaluated since he is also on the quest of completing the device along with his aim to win the gym badges and try winning the Pokémon League as well. 

Dawn having not much interest in filling the Pokédex unlike Lucas. She only accepted the Pokédex because it would be helpful knowing the properties of the Pokémon she owns and encounter. It will be helpful in Contests especially if she is able to execute the moves and abilities of the Pokémon perfectly to attract the attention of the judges and score maximum points.

"So what is this unwanted encounter Professor Rowan mentioned, if you don't mind me asking?" The bluenette walked beside Xavier, matching his pace. 

"Nah it ain't an issue. Plus it will be beneficial if you are aware of it." Xavier waved his arm in a dismissive manner. The group had currently diverted from the Ravaged Path and headed in the northeastern direction. "A pair of goons wearing spacesuits and having similar weird hairstyles calling themselves Team Galactic tried to attack the Professor and have his research papers."

Xavier then went on to narrate the incident to her, excluding the conversation he had with Looker for the time being. The Interpol Officer chose to trust him with the information he gave. And Xavier didn't wanted to jeopardize more people than necessary if he himself can help it in anyway. Still it wouldn't hurt for the other trainers to be vary and be on guard whenever they encounter Team Galactic.

"So whom you first thought of as mere goons aren't mere goons as they appear to be?" Dawn curiously asked after Xavier's narration. Concern was evident in her face and the tone she spoke in. 

"Yeah there seem to be something much deeper than what we see in the surface." Xavier muttered, shoving his hands into the pockets of his jacket. "Even Professor seems to think that way. He claims that his research isn't something that could be understood and utilized by mere goons."

They ceased talking when they had cleared the area being mostly covered by tall trees and entered a pathway. Walking further ahead, they were welcomed by a view they are never going to forget. Resting on the top of a large mesa was a town which was their destination. The two seemed to be heavily wooded by hills and plateaus. The pathway there were on descended downwards where there was a bridge connecting the town with the mainland.

"That's Alamos Town?" Lucas inquired, earning a confirmative nod from the Evolution Expert. 

"Wish we had a camera to take a picture of this view, don't you think so Lucas?" Dawn said, sparing a glance at the grey-haired teen, whom she noticed staring at her.

'Was Dawn always this pretty?' Lucas was lost in his thoughts, until a slight elbow jab from Xavier brought him back to present. "Uh? Oh yeah...yes you are right.."

"And we have our ride here too." Professor Rowan said out of the blue, gazing up in the sky. Everyone followed his gaze to see a hot-air balloon flying at their direction. 

"Ride?" Xavier was slow on catching up.

"Do you honestly think I am going to walk all the way down there and that big bridge over their at this age?" Professor Rowan counter-questioned with a raised eyebrow while pointing down at the path they would have had to take. "If you want to, be my guest."

That shut Xavier up for good. He couldn't word out anything to counter that logic at all. It seems Professor Rowan had already made arrangements before arriving here. He made no further comment, simply watching the hot-air balloon descend in front of them.

The rider revealed herself once the balloon had touched the ground and the gate was opened for them to step. She was girl in her early twenties with long blonde hair spread to the sides, reaching her shoulders and medium blue eyes. A Chimchar waved at the group from the hot-air balloon. She seemed to be under the ownership of the blonde girl.

"Greetings Professor Rowan. Tonio informed me that you were coming so I came here to give you a lift." The girl greeted.

"You have grown well Alice. How are you doing these days?" Professor Rowan greeted in return with a rare genuine smile on his face. 

"I am doing fine and currently have started being the city guide for the tourists and even give them a hot-air balloon ride if they want." Alice politely replied before noticing the three trainers behind the esteemed Evolution Expert. "Are they with you?"

"Yeah they are the trainers helping me with my Pokédex research." Professor Rowan nodded before introducing them. "They are Lucas, Dawn and Xavier."

"Nice to meet you all, I am Alice." The girl greeted before guiding them inside the hot-air balloon. Chimchar used her flames to blow hot air in the balloon to lift it up in the air. Alice begin piloting it towards the direction of the town.

"Woah!" Both Lucas and Dawn exclaimed, experiencing a different sort of view form the hot-air balloon. Everything on the ground started appearing smaller in their eyes. This is a first time for them. 

"This is your first time visiting Alamos Town, am I right?" Alice inquired, earning a nod from the three trainers. "I have free time in my hands so what do you think of having a tour of the town? I can be your guide."

"That's a great idea!" Dawn added.

"I don't think Team Galactic will follow me till here so you should relax yourself a bit as well." Professor Rowan directed his words to the silver-eyed trainer.

"I understand." Xavier replied, his gaze falling on twin tower-like structures which also seemed to be the tallest structure around in the town. They had already entered the Alamos Town airspace and all they needed was a landing spot. "What's that?"

"That's the Space-Time Towers built by the famous architect Godey a hundred years ago." Alice explained. "One of the tower represents time and the other represents space."

"The student of mine whom I am visiting here is Godey's great-grandson." Professor Rowan added. 

Chimchar who was resting on the tubes that attached the balloon to the rest of structure of the vehicle suddenly sensed something weird in the air and looked around with her guard up. She seemed vigilant out of the blue and called out to her trainer.

"What happened Chimchar?" 

Before the Fire-type could properly explained what she felt, heavy gusts of wind nearly shook the entire balloon. The passengers tightly gripped whatever they could find to hold onto as the balloon danced in the air. Then the gusts disappeared as if it never existed in the first place, returning everything to normal.

What was that all about?

____________________________________

"What's with this erratic readings?!" Tonio swore in front of his computer, banging his fist on the table. The readings starting showing an unusual pattern only for a few moments before returning to their original state.

But Tonio wasn't satisfied at all. He had one conclusion but that too without any sort of solid proof at present. "Two opposing but powerful forces are colliding with one another."

'I need to do my own investigation on this.' He got up from the table and got his laptop ready along with a bag. He then starting copying the readings and the data related to it in the smaller, portable device. 'Also I need to discuss this with Professor Rowan. Maybe he can provide some insight on these powerful forces.'

Packing all his necessary items, the spectacled man rushed out off his office.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 6.5K 21
I'm a 16 year old girl, by the name of Umber. And yes, I realize that its a boy name! But anyways, I've been assigned a mission, which is a lot harde...
23.9K 383 23
(This story is being remade) -------------- Your different from most hawluchas,you dont like to show off you prefer to quietly ribbon dance when your...
42.8K 1.2K 32
2015 version will be in the book called "Shadow Series" if you were in the process of reading it before the story changed to the new version STORY 1...
12.8K 438 13
Venus is basically just your average trainer, champion of only two regions, just recently defeated Team Galactic only to find that they are back. Sh...