Sweet Tooth [Ushijima x Reade...

By kawakissy

What happens when you are the only who knows that the world-famous, strict, stoic Ushijima Wakatoshi has a we... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
69
70
71
72: The Finale
73: Epilogue
Special Bonus Chapter: The Beach
Bonus Chapter: Wedding

68

7.4K 279 17
By kawakissy

The next day I woke up closer to the afternoon. I felt a little exhausted and felt uneasy inside my heart.

I heard a soft knock on the door. As I opened, three girls in similar uniforms rushed in.

"Ma'am, why did you open the door? All you had to say 'come in'", they reinstated. I felt confused with a sudden rush of extreme hospitality. I understood that Ushijima was from a royal family, but this was out of proportion.

"Ma'am, we have been informed that you will be attending today's lunch inside the Makoto's estate. We are here to help you get ready." They spoke.

"Oh right, but I thought it would be a normal lunch with the family." I spoke.

"Oh no, Ma'am. It is a lunch party. We have been instructed to help you get ready according to the household standards." They spoke, and I felt weird but agreed later on.

I took a shower. Later I was asked to choose between 15 dresses and not know which one to wear, and I tried them all. My hair was tied neatly into a soft bun with soft golden hairpins and a crystal that seemed to have natural diamonds along with it.

"A gift from Sir... ma'am...." One girl spoke. I quickly turned my hair towards the mirror and felt a natural smile across my face. Ushijima keeps on spoiling me.

Although I was enjoying this a little, I hoped my life wouldn't end up this way if I chose to live with him. I prefer both of us to be alone, away from the comfort I am currently being presented with.

After an hour later, I was done. Once again, I looked different. Something divine inside me awoke.

"Just like a princess..."  one of them spoke. I took the compliment and smiled, but something told me they were serious.

I later walked outside my room, and I saw Ushijima in a suit. I smiled, and he smiled back at me. His eyes looked tired, as if he needed sleep. I quickly walked towards him, and he held my hand immediately as if he was going to lose me.

"You alright? Your eyes seem tired.." I spoke.

"I am fine. Just need more sleep later..." he replied.

"Perhaps my arms can help you later with that...." I smile.

"I then shall wait for that chance." he replied sadly. I nod, looking away.

An expensive car came in, and we later sat, and it drove off.

I put my cheeks and leaned against his arms while he kissed me on top of my head.

Snuggling onto him, I took his cheek and kissed it. I truly felt so much love for him today.

xxxxxxxx

We later arrived at the party. It looked fancy and giant. It had tons of guests, and I realised it was filled with influential people and other noble families. The way people acted and conversed was proof that there was a different degree of mannerisms.

Ushijima and I walked, and I saw people greeting him. I heard few whispers as people wondered who I was.

I walked towards a group of ladies until I saw someone familiar looking. The woman looked like Ushijima's mother but had longer hair with grey curls at the end.

"This is my aunt, Makoto...." Ushijima huffed. His voice alarmed me, but I greeted him regardless.

Makoto looked a bit tensed but put on a freakish smile that made me uncomfortable in return.

I returned the favour.

"Y/n..." I greeted.

"oh my my....it must be you. How lovely you look today. I guess our household knows how to dignify the commoners...." She mentions.

"Excuse me?" I ask. I heard what she said, but I hoped she took her words back and reflected on them.

"Oh, nothing my dear. You look lovely. Regardless I wonder why my nephew frowns with such a beauty by his side...." She exclaims. I smile awkwardly.

"I hope you enjoy the party. If you can tolerate my nephew I am sure you can tolerate the rest of us here...." She laughed. I wondered what she meant, but I softly nodded.

"Pleasure to meet you. Thank you for inviting me to the party.." I replied.  She smiles back, but her eyes seem different. Somewhat scared of me.

Ushijima and I walk away.

"You said she cooks well. She cooked for everyone here?" I asked, obviously signalling that I misunderstood what lunch meant.

"I too thought it was just for us, until such public display. I wonder what she is about. Probably something to do with her son. My cousin always liked attention." Ushijima spoke. His eyes looked different; in a way, he knew something.

As the party grew, I was introduced to more nutritionists and other famous chefs. I was in awe and got into conversation. I saw Ushijima's eyes smiling at me as he spoke to his butler and some other staff.

xxxxxxx

I met a lady that kept eyeing me for a while. I quickly walked past her while serving myself some tea.

I felt she followed me. I quickly turned and smiled at her. She looked tensed and looked around her surrounding.

Later quickly walked to me.

"Hello, I am Minai Toko...." She spoke. My eyes wandered. The name sounded familiar.

"Toko? It seems familiar...." I hummed.

"You might be right, I am a journalist, probably heard it somewhere...." She explained. Although it made sense, I felt I heard her name from somewhere else.

"Wait are you Dr. Toko's...?" I confusedly asked.

"Yes, so you do remember me. We met when we were little. My father worked with Dr L/N ...." She explained.

My eyes widened.

"I am...I am sorry for your loss...." I looked down, embarrassed. Was she here to throw shade at me, knowing that her father died because my mother decided to carry on with the project.

She quickly nodded. "I am sorry for yours too. You shouldn't have gone through such hate knowing your mother wasn't guilty...." She explained.

I was confused...

"If you're here to tell me to move on, I already did. I cannot make my mothers mistake define who I am...." I countered.

"Thats not...it...I...ummm how do I say this...." She was panicking.

"theres things you do not know... you're diving into a deep end. There are people who were loyal to your mother's work and believed in it...I am afraid you're with people who wished to silence those loyal to your mother...." She explained, looking around nervously.

"What...what do you even mean I am with those people? whats going on?" I stumble to ask.

"Makoto industries, does it ring a bell?" She hinted.

At first, it didn't, but I slowly went back to chapters of my past years growing up. It did ring a bell. My mother constantly cursed how she disapproved of her new technological expert because he purchased rocketship parts from more unique tech industries. I believed she was old-school. But...maybe...

I quickly turn back and realise Makoto...is the name of Ushijima's aunt. Is everything...my eyes grew red, and I forgot to blink. With the tension rising, Minai quickly came forward with a small business card, and she looked in a hurry to leave.

"I don't have much time. I came here searching for you. I hope when you feel you're ready to know the truth about things and ready to testify against the authorities about your mothers workings...please contact me." She hands me her card. She firmly gave him a tight handshake, and her eyes nervously looked around me.

"I'll wait for you y/n....for old times sake...." She continued...later disappearing.

xxxxxxx

My heartfelt weak. I sat near a corner as I felt nauseous for several minutes. I gripped the business card. Knowing nothing about what was going on, I stood up and went to look for Ushijima, my only source of comfort.

xxxxxxx

"You knew? You fucking knew?" Oikawa raised his voice.

Ushijima looked down on the bench, his heart in million pieces.

"You need to tell y/n the truth NOW!" Oikawa tells.

"She is not ready....she needs to...prepare. Its not just the truth. The investigation will just create more public pressure on her. Something she tried to avoid those last three years...." Ushijima explained.

"I cannot lose her again Oikawa...I cannot afford to.." Ushjima re-affirmed.

"You are being fucking selfish you know...fucking selfish!!!" Oikawa snaps back.

"YES I AM....I am selfish!! I am not a self-less brick like you. You gave up y/n cause you're used to giving up things....I am not. If I have to spend another hundred years to win her back. I'll do it. I want her and I am not risking anything that is going to make me lose her...." Ushijima spoke.

Oikawa huffed...he maniacally chuckled.

"After all the sacrifices she made for you. You're still selfish. You don't want her. You just don't want to be lonely again Toshi... I gave her up but I never gave up on her. She can take the truth. You must....tell her...that your own family killed the only family she HAD....." Oikawa snapped.

"ENOUGH!" Ushijima yelled back... his voice fell as he saw y/n entering the scene. Her eyes were full of tears, and she was broken beyond his imagination. Oikawa, upon seeing y/n, regretted his words. Maybe, she wasn't able to take the truth. Maybe Ushijima was right. Y/n was now broken to the point of no return.

At that moment, Ushijima realised he might have lost y/n once again

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

543K 8.4K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
239K 7K 81
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1.1M 36.4K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
1M 40.5K 93
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...