Would you like a cup of coffe...

By T0xikSpr1te

Espresso have always had troubles with his relationships. He knows what he wants, but his fear of rejection i... More

Prologue
The attraction
The conversation in the Park
The special night
The hot coffee

The unexpected visitor

5.3K 97 704
By T0xikSpr1te

An electric light iluminated a big laboratory. Papers and chalkboards filled with equations and confusing symbols. Test tubes with long wires connecting them with each other. A lot of instruments with cientific looks. Espresso was exhaust. A warm liquid was slipping from his hands. It was shocking how much he got out this time. It was tiring but that pleasent sensation made up for the effort.

"I cant believe it... I think I need to take my time on this, to... well, enjoy it more"

There he was lying on the couch he uses to rest between experiments. He still couldnt handle too much of it, but there has been some improvements. Espresso thinked that he was doing it just to get distracted, but he was putting to much effort in it to be just that. He was practicing. A cold shower bringed him a little more of energy, not enough to continue his "experiments" but just enough to walk normally. The feeling was overwhelming.

"Sometimes I ask myself why I even do this... I always end up so exhausted"

He wasnt lying though, he was standing up now, only thanks to the cold shower. Otherwise he would just fell asleep right there in his couch. Something that unusual meant that he was being overcome by this challenge. being trapped for so much time in here was weakening him, and even though he didnt like to go out too much, maybe, going for a walk wasnt a bad idea after all. After all maybe that could helped him. It was cold outside but Espresso didnt feel the need to use warm and comfy clothes. A cleaned, ironed, black shirt, formal dark pants and his coal black coat were enough to go out. He hesitated to wear his favorite tie but it maybe was a little too much.

The night ambient in the Kingdom was a little different from the ambient in the day. Right now everyone is either looking for fun or looking for somerhing to drink, Espresso was looking for both. Which was the best place to spend the rest of the night and to forget annoying feelings? The answer was a little too obvious...

"I just hope Sparkling still remembers how I like my drink"

Espresso didnt had any intention to just take air and then go back to work, he had a thirst for more this time. Ever since he thought about his feelings towards Madeleine there has been a none stop streak of just Madeleine in his mind. Maybe going to Sparkling bar could help him this time. He had never go to the place but everyone he knew had said that it was the best place in town, so it should do the work.

"Im going crazy right now, I just need to fill my head with anything"

Espresso had the curious habit of calling alcohol 'anything'. He arrived to Sparklings bar, where a surprise was waiting for him. Behind the doors of the bar the bar a crowd could be heard. Espresso's wish about the bar being alone wasnt going to be answered. The ambient inside was very alive, even though it was almost midnight. The warm lights and the happy noises gave the impression of a welcoming place. Well after all, what was the problem with the bar being full? couldnt that mean more possibilites to spend the night? Maybe Sparkling did remembered how he liked his drink. Maybe he could forget about Madeleine in here. Who knows? After all he was already there in front of the door. Yeah why not, he had been practicing really hard so he deserved some rest. Espresso now with a confident smile on his face, decided that, yes, maybe it was a good idea to enter when the bar was full.

The ambient wasnt a riot but neither it was a calm place. That outcome was to be expected for the most popular Bar in the Kingdom. The perfect schedule and the perfect drinks added up to make the perfect bar. Espresso searched for a seat in the bar,and, luckily, there was 2 seats free, how convenient! He made himself comfortable and waited his turn to be attended. How many drinks would it take for him to change his personality into something more extroverted and energetic? 3, 4, or maybe 5? That question was going to be answered that night, that and so many more.

"Im I dreaming? Is that actually Espresso cookie in my Bar? What kind of miracle has brought you here?"

"You are such a comedian Sparkling, its not a mircale that has brought me here, more like a thirst, do you still remember that drink I had last time?"

"Of course, I never forget a friend's suggestion"

"Perfect, bring me one of those"

"Coming right up"

Then with athletic perfection, Sparkling combined the interior of some crystallyne containers into the shaker. An energetic stirr, coke and some ice cubes and boom! an Old fashioned Whyskey Cocktail was ready to drink. He then picked a brilliant crystal cup from the old and elegant wood stand behind him. The shaker spun about 4 times in the air before falling into sparkling hands. With the same grace with wich he performed the trick he then pur the drink in front of Espresso. He was really good at his work, there was no doubt about it.

"I wonder where did you got so talented with you hands..."

"Oh you have no idea my dear."

"Yeah, I think I want to keep it like that"

"Hahaha, its not what you are thinking, I often dont use my hands when I do that type of work"

"I actually wasnt thinking of anything at all, but, now I do! Thank you very much, now my drink is ruined because of that..."

"Hey, what do you mean? I was talking about making drinks not babys"

"Whatever you say..."

"Hey what haves you in that mood? You look more irritated than usual"

"Its nothing Sparkling, its just that, im tired..."

"Tired? Yeah, im not really sure about that"

"Im not lying I am really tired, I just finished doing some work with coffee magic"

"Not its not that kind of tired that haves you like that, its something else"

"Oh I see what you are doing, look, I would really love to talk about my problems but casually my drink is about to end so, why dont you bring me another one?"

"Alright then, the only reason I dont insist more its because I have more clients that require my service"

"Your service as a pshycologist or as a bartender?"

"Maybe both..."

While Sparkling got back to work, Espresso looked at the rest of the bar. Everyone seemed to be so happy and relaxed. Talking about their day, about the things they have done lately, about their friends and family, about their boyfriends and girlfriends. And then there was him, alone planning to get drunk so he can forget about his past loves. A lost look could be seen on his face, as if his problems had no solution. He was already giving up. All of this sensations were too difficult too handle. Like a children tearing apart a flower. Does Madeleine love me or not? What a stupid question, why to bother when Espresso himself dumped him every time, and somehow, he kept trying. 

His own indecision complicated things more than they already were. Was it really so hard to make a decision? Why couldnt he accept once and for all his feelings? There was no other way around it, there was no way to hide. Do I love him or not? Do im attracted to him because I cant live without someone or it is because as any other living being I have a need for love and affection? Why was it so difficult? Every time he ask himself these questions he found aything but an answer.

"Hey sleepy guy, heres your drink"

"Oh thanks..."

"Are you sure you dont want to talk? You look really depressed right now"

"You dont need to worry, this is my natural state"

"I thought your natural state was to be working at your lab, not killing the time in a bar"

"Well maybe this is my actual natural state and you just didnt knew"

"Come on Espresso, you dont need to keep hiding it anymore"

"If you are talking about the fact that you beat me once in chess, you can go to hell"

"No, im talking about Madeleine"

"Madeleine? What does that good for nothing cookie has to do with all of this?"

"Everything, Espresso, it has to do with everything"

"Look, I already told you what I think about him, and I really dont have the patience to say it once again"

"Yeah I dont think your body could resist ranting about Madeleine for like half an hour again"

"That really doesnt matter to me, look, instead of talking about Madeleine what if you bring me another drink"

"And what about the one I just bringed you?"

"By the time you've brought me my drink I'll have finished this one. The only thing that matters to me is that you stop talking about him"

"But Espresso-"

"I dont want to talk Sparkling"

"But-"

"How many times do I have to tell you? I HATE Madeleine!"

"Sooo.... that means I cant have a sit with you?"

"Madeleine!!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 87 16
แด‡sแด˜ส€แด‡ssแด x แดแด€แด…แด‡สŸแด‡ษดแด‡ - แด„แดแดแด‹ษชแด‡ ส€แดœษด แด‹ษชษดษขแด…แดแด "๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต...
2.2K 104 15
under MAJOR editing lolz (like seriously, if you're a returning reader just reread the whole thing lmao) // sorry for the ass writing // ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ...
49.1K 718 44
This au is where madeleine is a cat espresso found madeleine on the road espresso didn't think about it but Madeleine followed him what will happen...
4.7K 175 39
Book 2 of The perfect lover Everything will be explained in the book/last one... But quick info: Espresso finally got a happy ending, everything is...