Conflicted (Buddie) ENGLISH V...

By Kit-chenSink

After a long battle against justice, Evan Buckley, mostly known as Buck is finally back at house 118. Injured... More

Back on the field
Wanna get some wine?
Baby-sitting
9-1-1 What's your emergency?
Eddie Begins
Gossip Girls
Worldwide Pandemic
Stranger
Ice Trap
Special Mission
Two best friends in a room...
Bad Day at Los Angeles
Friendly Friends
Thoughts
Two Weeks Later...
Buck Indeed
Nightmares
Sleeping beauty
Revelations
There's someone inside
Chains
Tracks
Manhunt
Answers
Last day on Earth
Don't Breathe
Rebirth - Epilogue

Buddie

1.4K 23 0
By Kit-chenSink

-Buddie.

Eddie turned his head towards his neighbor on the right and arched an eyebrow, puzzled.

-What?

-Buddie. It sounds good, I think. It looks like Buddy, it's friends in English.

Eddie rolled his eyes, reassured that what made Buck think so much was a nickname.

-Generally buddies don't kiss Evan.

-It's just a detail, he said, straightening up and coming to sit on the Mexican's lap.

-I don't see TV anymore, he said, sneering.

- Drop the TV, there's nothing interesting, he cut it off by removing the anti-reflective glasses from Eddie's nose and putting them on the table.

He put his hands in his neck, his two thumbs resting on his square and contracted jaw, and came to kiss him.

-Because you're more interesting than TV? Ironized the oldest sneering.

-Of course. Be careful what you say Diaz, you might regret it.

Eddie arched an eyebrow, lobing to see the eyes of his colleague, who was so close to his face that their noses were brushing against.

-I would like to see that Buckley, he relaunched, with a vicious smile at the corner of his lips.

Evan pinched himself inside the cheek, to hold back a laugh.

-You know, you're not credible with these glasses, aren't you? He threw him pointing the pair behind his back.

-It's for screens, what do you want, I take care of my sight.

-Mr. is anxious to see well, he laughed.

-Shut up and come here, he capitulated, pulling his neck and sealing their lips again in a kiss.

A few hours earlier, they hated each other to such an extent that Eddie had hit him in the face several times. His boy had disappeared and they had gone into his house. Within half a day, Christopher had been found, in great shape, completely unaware that he had been kidnapped.

« -There was a gentleman at my window, he told me that he had discovered a place with lots of sand castles and that there was even a giant dragon. He told me that he was your friend and that you wanted to surprise me! »

Eddie got carried away a little before regretting when he saw his son's face sadden. He clenched him hard in his arms and apologized. He asked him to promise him never to go with someone again even if he was a friend. Christopher had promised before surrounding his arms around his father's neck. The next moment, Buck was finally able to kiss the little boy and take him in his arms too, repeating the same instructions issued by his father.

Athena and Bobby left towards the end of the evening, with a forest green bag. Eddie had once again tightened his boy and let him go with the lieutenant.

« I know you won't like it, but I'll need to spend time with your son. I have to ask him questions, do you think it's possible?

-I'm coming with you, I can't leave him alone.

-Eddie, Bobby intervened. I think you had better rest. You have slept very little in recent nights and you still have to keep keeping some of your promises. What's more, I don't think it's a good idea to enter a police station without being totally sober. I personally promise you that I will take care of Christopher, he will even be able to sleep in Henry's room while he is at Michael's. Do you agree?"

He had observed his son reluctant and hesitant about to cry. He had the impression that his son had been given back for a few hours to get him back right after. Then Buck intervened and stuck to him before sliding his hand into his own.

-You can trust Bobby and Athena, they are the best.

The couple had taken a surprised but delighted look at each other, as if something had happened in the absence of the two firefighters and one of them had won a bet.

-That's okay, he abdicated, but I want news every hour. That's all I ask for.

Bobby laughed.

-You will have it every half hour if necessary. »

They had left the apartment with Christopher, who felt more like going to sleep with a friend than was the victim of kidnapping and blackmail. He greeted his father with a laugh.

When they closed the door behind them, Eddie burst into tears in Buck's arms. They had stayed like this for a few long minutes before he drove him to the sofa. He sat down and Eddie lay down, his head resting on his knees, both hands under his right cheek, turned towards the windows.

-Do you realize that he doesn't even know that he was kidnapped?

-This is good news Eddie, it means that he was not afraid and that Ortega did not try to hurt him. I think the fact that he believed in a surprise is much more pleasant to imagine than to think that he was terrified. Christopher is an incredibly intelligent boy and he still has his childish innocence.

-I don't know what I would have done if he hadn't returned, he sniffed a hand hiding his face.

-But he came back, and that's what we must say to himself. Don't inflict scenarios on yourself unnecessarily. Christopher has returned, he is with you and he is well.

With a distracted hand, Buck raised the brown wick that slipped on his friend's forehead and replaced it with the others. Eddie turned on his back, planting his eyes in Buck's.

-Thank you. To be there. To have always been there to tell the truth.

Buck smiled, slightly embarrassed by his words but left nothing of it. He blinked slowly.

-Do you remember what you told me this morning? In the interrogation room. You told me that you spoke with Maddie and that's why Ortega knew that by attacking me he would reach you.

-Yes, I said I loved you.

-When I came to drop you off Christopher on the Saturday after your return to the barracks, we had argued so much that day, you were convinced that I hated you. Maddie, as soon as I returned to the car, immediately harassed me with the question, she knew full well that I regretted each of my words and that I never wanted you to leave again. She scares me your sister, she has an instinct almost as good as Athena's, which is already quite terrifying.

Buck frowned.

-So, even after all I've done, you... Were you not angry?

-I was angry Buck, but I'm also an unconditional coward. I had a hard time admitting that I was more attached to you than I should have. You don't know because I asked Maddie to keep this for her, but you reproached me for almost never coming to see you in the hospital, but the truth is that I came every day. Either I didn't dare to enter because I was afraid to see you, or when I came you slept. I don't know why I did that, I don't know what I was afraid of.

-I've always been afraid to disappoint. The week before the week when everything degenerated and you found yourself stuck in Charlestone, my parents came to visit us. It was one of the worst days of my life, and I came out of it feeling like I had been a constant feeling of disappointment throughout their lives. I took a wave of events in my mouth that made me think that throughout my life I had been just that. Disappointment and betrayal. So when you lied, I felt better. I'm ashamed to admit it, but for once, I felt like the one who was not at fault. That's also why I got so carried away when I discovered the pills. There was a part of me who was happy to no longer be the one who makes mistakes. But I remembered that I had done so much that it was not even repairable anymore. Everything related to me and I realized that I had worked hard on my fate when I had everything I needed at hand but didn't pay attention to it. You. Christopher. My friends. Maddie and her baby...

-Wait what? Is Maddie pregnant? He cut it off by widening his eyes.

Buck nodded.

-I'm going to be uncle, he smiles stupidly.

-It's great! He exclaims.

Evan approved, sparkling eyes.

-That's all you remember from my incredible speech?

« It's just blah blah, » he joked. All I remember is that you are the one who flashed first.

Buck blew, exasperated, before shaking his head.

-You flashed first, he continued, but you were afraid to tell me, he understood, looking up at him. Is that right?

Buck shrugged his shoulders. Even today he had difficulty admitting it. But Eddie was right, he had been afraid and he had kept everything to himself.

Eddie turned around another quarter turn, finding himself facing the blond's belly and closed his eyes.

-When was it? He asked after a second.

Buck let his head rest on the cushion.

-Do you remember Christmas almost a year ago? In 2018. We went to a market, you, me and Christopher and a woman disguised as a goblin complimented us by saying that we had a great son. I didn't deny it. I liked the idea. I know, it sounds naive and stupid, but I began to imagine that Chris could also be my son. I've always loved children. That's where I knew, he concludes by lowering his head towards his best friend.

A silly and moved smile stretched on the blond's lips realizing that the Mexican's breathing had slowed down and his breath had regularized.

-Once again, you fall asleep at the best time, he blew in a low voice, raising his head.

He closed his eyes, a smile still spread out on his face and exhaled for a long time, his fingers making small circles in Eddie's silky hair.

He reopened his eyes when he heard an admiring breath.

-You two are too cute.

Evan fluttered before making a little pout.

-What are you doing here Devon?

-I was around, he replied, giving an impulse against the wall to straighten up. I was going to see how it was and... Well, it seems to be okay.

Buck lowered his head towards his colleague and smiled discreetly before raising his head towards the young man who had invited himself again in his dreams. He frowned.

-You are alone today, noted the firefighter, looking for the other two ghosts of the gaze.

Devon shrugged his shoulders.

-There's more than you and I Buck. Nicolas and Hector left.

The firefighter arched an eyebrow, troubled and again placed his eyes on the sleepy man on his knees.

-So it was him, he realized, repressing a small tear of joy.

-It has always been him, continued Devon, coming to sit on the coffee table, looking at the only person who didn't see him. You finally managed to forgive yourself for what you did to these men. I know you will succeed in forgiving yourself for what happened to me too. Eddie will help you. At least, when you're back. How can you be sure that he will be waiting for you?

Buck looked up at the young boy who left too early and blew.

-I have blind confidence in Eddie, but if he doesn't wait for me, I wouldn't blame him. I'll understand.

-It's a shame, he moved, I was beginning to appreciate your little story. It's so boring to be a memory, I was beginning to enjoy being in your head.

-Thank you Devon. For advising me when I needed it, even if you were not always very tender.

-I died exploded on a ground after falling thirty meters and playing pinball with roller coaster rails. Tenderness is no longer in my vocabulary.

Evan laughed and was silent, thinking that perhaps, mocking was not tender too.

-I miss being alive, I would so much like to be able to go back to see a movie in the cinema, be able to eat a hamburger again, or just be able to feel the wind on my face... But hey! He clapped in his hands. We can't have everything, can't we? With the two of you, he said, pointing to them, I had the best inception remake, so I don't have to complain.

-I'm sorry to stop you from leaving. I wish I could tell you to leave, but I don't know how to do it yet.

-Don't worry about that buddy. In addition, where you go, you will be very happy to have someone to talk to... It's going to be weird to go there, but hey, what do you want, it's an adventure.

Buck shook his head, unconvinced and blew, feeling brutal sadness invading him, as he feared that the day would end.

-Wow there! Devon cried as he got up. Our sleeping beauty is agitated, I think it's time for me to leave! Hey, did you know that Eddie had a birth stain on his right buttocks? He whispered in his ear before vanishing.

Buck repressed a smile and tried to keep his seriousness when Eddie opened his eyes and looked at him, completely lost.

- I'm sorry, he said immediately, I fell asleep while you were talking to me, what were you saying?

He straightened up and rubbed his eyes. The micro nap had given him so much energy that he seemed to have closed his eye for three days.

-Nothing, reassured Buck by taking his hand. Don't worry.

Eddie stopped in his movement and stared at him for a few moments, puzzled before shrugging his shoulders.

-I'm going to shower, he said, rising and heading upstairs.

« Good idea, » replied Buck, taking a look at the lights of the city.

Eddie's head appeared over the rembard of the floor and he raised his eyebrows.

-And you're going to come with me, he finishes.

« Even better, » he said, rising and running to the stairs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 343 23
Buck is a firefighter for about a year now and when a new firefighter Tyler Kennedy Strand mostly go by TK arrived at the 118. Will they be friends...
33.7K 898 30
When Buck left the Navy Seals he went to Chicago and became a firefighter. While in Chicago, Buck started at FireHouse 51 where he met Kelly Severide...
177K 4K 66
Buck's feeling is starting to grow day by day because of a certain firefighter. He is afraid that if he tells him the truth then he might reject him...
47.6K 789 13
Buck is a young adventurous firefighter who loves the people in his house like his family, but when the new guy shows up he feels he is being replace...