Conflicted (Buddie) ENGLISH V...

Por Kit-chenSink

After a long battle against justice, Evan Buckley, mostly known as Buck is finally back at house 118. Injured... Más

Back on the field
Wanna get some wine?
Baby-sitting
9-1-1 What's your emergency?
Eddie Begins
Gossip Girls
Worldwide Pandemic
Stranger
Ice Trap
Special Mission
Two best friends in a room...
Bad Day at Los Angeles
Friendly Friends
Thoughts
Two Weeks Later...
Buck Indeed
Nightmares
Sleeping beauty
Revelations
There's someone inside
Chains
Tracks
Manhunt
Buddie
Last day on Earth
Don't Breathe
Rebirth - Epilogue

Answers

1K 16 4
Por Kit-chenSink

Two weeks later...

Camera flashes and camera screens were all glued to the lieutenant, standing straight behind the desk, his mask on his face.

-We are all delighted to have been able to find Francis Ortega. The hunt that has taken place in recent weeks has been exhausting and difficult, but the law enforcement center is pleased to announce the capture of Mr. Ortega today.

That evening, 6 p.m., apartment 313...

-Eddie? Eddie!

The firefighter had reopened his eyes and got up, alarmed by calls from his best friend who had gone to open the door.

He arrived while trotting and crossed the corridor at full speed before falling on his knees.

-Christopher!

He huked his son so hard that he could have suffocated him.

Standing on the doormat, Christopher was waiting for the door to be opened to him.

The little boy laughed, surprised.

-Dad! What happens with you?

Eddie retreated and examined his son from every angle. He had no scratch, even stranger, he seemed in perfect health.

He took him in his arms and got up, bringing him inside.

Evan glanced into the corridor before frowning when he saw a paper protruding from the bottom of his doormat. He shot it and retrieved a new letter, written in this same old yellow paper and with the same black ink.

He closed the door behind him and decided to slip it into a drawer, while he decided to open it.

He pulled up his pants, embarrassed and advanced towards the living room, where Eddie had rushed while tightening his boy.

His gaze was wet and his pupils dilated, but Buck knew full well that this was only the backlash of the shock he had just suffered. Christopher had returned, that was all that mattered.

Evan moved away and took out his phone. The second bell was answered.

-Athena it is Buck. Stop searching. Christopher has returned.

This was followed by a conversation where he had to justify himself and explain how it was possible, but he himself had no idea what was happening now. He was perhaps the most lost of the three.

-He's fine. That's the essential.

When he hung up, his face towards the kitchen, he blew, trying to hold back his trembling leg.

He heard steps behind his back and turned around, ready to welcome Christopher with a wide smile but it was Eddie who rushed on him and embraced him.

He hiccuped with surprise and smiled in response to the hug.

-Thank you, breathed the smaller one.

Buck made an emotional pout and laughed. Eddie separated from him and returned to his son, but halfway he turned around and returned to his friend who had his arms still open and was about to put it back on. He didn't even have time to be surprised when the so-called hug turned into a quick and discreet kiss. Immediately cut off when Eddie runs away to Christopher.

Buck remained standing in the kitchen, not sure what to do, he blushed a few seconds later and turned around, troubled.

-Uh... okay... Yes. You're welcome, he laughed.

Later, we knocked on the door again and this time, it was Athena and Bobby waiting in the corridor. Buck joined them and closed the door in silence.

-They fell asleep, he announced, crossing his arms.

-Is the little one okay? Athena inquired, whose face had lit up.

Buck nodded, while staring at his captain staring at him.

He smiled and came to hug him too.

-Thank you Bobby for giving him some hope. He needed it.

Captain Nash hit him in the back while blowing.

-I'm glad everything is going well for Eddie and Christopher.

Athena fluttered her eyes.

-Can I? She asked, pointing to the door of her apartment.

He nodded and she passed him to invite herself into the apartment. Bobby and Buck stayed on the doorstep for a few more minutes.

-Are you okay? He questioned his friend with this small sharp rise in his voice that revealed his apparent concern.

Buck nodded his head, his hands in his pockets, his face soothed.

-The best days arrive Bobby. Everything will be fine now.

He said it in such a peaceful tone that it was cold in the back, but it was enough to convince his captain for him to move away and also decide to enter.

Evan stayed behind the door for a moment observing the door of Veronica's apartment. Since Albert had finished with her, he had not seen her again. And it wasn't to say, it was also there that he knew that things would go better right now.

He had no idea where Francis had taken refuge and he didn't care. He knew what he had to do now to protect his friends and he would do it with his eyes closed. It remained to dare to announce to them.

When he entered his apartment, he thought he should at least show the letter to Athena, but when he saw Eddie up, his face bright and a radiant smile on his lips, he closed the drawer and joined them by the window.

-I allowed myself to sleep Christopher in your bed upstairs, I hope you don't mind? He apologized by making a grimace.

Evan shook his head, amused. Eddie had never had to ask him for any agreement, he was totally free to do as he wanted. He approved.

-Do you have any track on Ortega? The blond inquired while rubbing his distracted birthmark.

Athena shrugged her shoulders and her lips bent into a doubtful pout.

-We studied the cases found in Charlestone, we have his DNA for sure. We still have to prove that it is him. I'm still curious to know how you knew it was him...

-I don't think he spent nights there for no reason. During our first intervention as firefighters, we had not met squatters, they may have fled where simply Charlestone was not yet known for the homeless. But when I went there the second time, he was sitting in a corner, when I passed by he stared at me. As if he knew me. I was so obsessed with finding Eddie that I didn't pay attention to him, I still managed to smell that smell of flowers that emanated from him although he smelled dirt and lack of hygiene. A memory in my head unlocked, I remembered that Michael perfumed himself with the same lotion. And I think that when I went to the squat the third time, the one where it slipped, I had to recognize his face without really knowing. They were fake twins, but their features were so similar.

-This kind of story is what happens in books. A guy who pretends to be a tramp and finds himself spying on a guy to finally kidnap a kid and blackmail, I've never seen that. Besides, I'm sorry to say that Eddie, but I don't understand. Why did he release Christopher after a few hours when he had nothing in exchange?

The Mexican pouted her to reassure her and that he would not hurt himself for his words. Bobby and Buck exchanged a look and the captain shrugged his eyebrows. He understood.

-Eddie? he called, can I talk to you for a few minutes? He asked while continuing to stare at the youngest.

-I would like to talk to Athena, Buck added by pouting his captain.

The lieutenant frowned and passed from her husband to the firefighter by interviewing them with his eyes.

Evan invited her to return to the corridor, before crossing the door, he opened the drawer of the central island and grabbed a paper. He closed the front door.

-Francis will have what he wanted, he began, returning the paper to her. I didn't tell you about it at first because I didn't want to weigh down the atmosphere. But I think it's the right time now. I have learned in recent weeks that it is not good to lie too long.

-What does it mean, "I let time do my job, I already have what I wanted."?

Buck blew and listened, trying to perceive the discussion on the other side of the door.

Eddie and Bobby had sat on the sofa and the firefighter immediately questioned him with his eyes.

-I'm really happy that Christopher is healthy and back with his father. I couldn't hope for better.

-Neither do I. I admit that I lost the little hope I had left, I even started behaving as if losing Christopher didn't matter. I hated this person immediately.

-And I know what it does. You don't have to feel guilty for trying to get used to the worst situation. Which leads me to give you advice as a captain and to tell you bad news too.

Eddie straightened up and stared at his fingers. He didn't need to be told, he already knew what was going to happen. It didn't matter.

-My advice is to enjoy every moment given to you with your son. We realize far too late their importance. You should also stop making Evan wait. We both know that it hurts you more than good, so taking care of your son, also take care of the person who loves you more than anything.

Eddie made a grimace. Was he really the last to realize that he may have felt something for his best friend? Was he the last to admit that this was still the case today?

-Now I have to tell you about your future Eddie. You know as a firefighter that your role is essential to saving lives and that the slightest mistake can lead to tragedies. I know you'll get there and that you're friends will do everything to help you, but I can't let you work at 118 without being sure you're not new yourself. I want you to promise me to go to a detoxification center twice a week. Every month I would come to see you and hear from you. You will be able to wear your badge when you bring me this medal that will prove to me that you are done with drugs. Do we agree on that? Do we agree?

The boy shook his head, about to shed a tear and to hide his ill-being he turned around and embraced his captain.

-Thank you Bobby. I promise you to try everything to make you proud.

-You all make me proud already, he blew. I knew full well that considering you as my children would have to assume the role of authority. Even if this year has been catastrophic for all of us and even more for Buck and you, you did not disappoint me because you are still here.

The firefighter tightened his hug and sniffed a few seconds before moving away. The front door opened and Buck and Athena joined them.

-Hey, said the blond, you party without us?

***

Two weeks later, the press conference in front of the town hall.

-Although Mr. Ortega expressed the wish to be imprisoned, last night, the suspect killed himself in his cell, after swallowing several drugs just before his arrest. The evidence of his involvement in the kidnapping of the little boy is all founded, when on his motive, the Commissioner and I decided to silence this information. However, we call on all journalism firms and societies to respect the rights and privacy of the man who were apprehended almost two weeks ago for having been in connection with this kidnapping. With these words, I would like to end this conference and thank you for listening.

Athena got off the small platform and pushed the doors of the police station before turning in a corridor and pushing the door of her office. The people occupying him got up with the same gesture and asked her all with their eyes. She shook her head, upset.

-I'm sorry, but I can't do anything now. They transport him to Brunksville Penitentiary at night.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

309K 6.2K 43
🎵We set fire to our insides for fun🎵 Kate Quinn moves 5000 miles away from home when seeking a fresh start and hopefully a new life. As she joins t...
3K 58 9
Kaitlyn "Kate" Buckley is Buck's twin sister. She was left with her parents when Maddie and Buck left to move and decided with their lives. After 26...
177K 4.1K 66
Buck's feeling is starting to grow day by day because of a certain firefighter. He is afraid that if he tells him the truth then he might reject him...
47.7K 789 13
Buck is a young adventurous firefighter who loves the people in his house like his family, but when the new guy shows up he feels he is being replace...