Conflicted (Buddie) ENGLISH V...

By Kit-chenSink

After a long battle against justice, Evan Buckley, mostly known as Buck is finally back at house 118. Injured... More

Back on the field
Wanna get some wine?
Baby-sitting
9-1-1 What's your emergency?
Eddie Begins
Gossip Girls
Worldwide Pandemic
Stranger
Ice Trap
Special Mission
Two best friends in a room...
Bad Day at Los Angeles
Friendly Friends
Thoughts
Two Weeks Later...
Buck Indeed
Nightmares
Sleeping beauty
Revelations
There's someone inside
Tracks
Manhunt
Answers
Buddie
Last day on Earth
Don't Breathe
Rebirth - Epilogue

Chains

1.1K 19 2
By Kit-chenSink

It was really worse than a Paris Washington flight with a crying baby. It's cold, unpleasant and oppressive. Above all, it's a leaden silence.

When Athena took him to the police station, he did not initially think that he would be asked to get into the interrogation room. But now that he was there, Eddie found the time horribly long, it had been an eternity since Athena had gone to make him a coffee and she had still not returned. Time was going by and every second spent here meant that his son was spending one further from him.

-Fuck! I want to go out I want to find my son!

He suspected that no one could hear him and that he spoke alone, but he didn't care, all he wanted was for Christopher to go home and be told what was really happening.

However, he could not guess it, but when his face stood two millimeters from the tinted glass, on the other side, Buck's one observed him, his heart at the edge of the precipice.

-He doesn't deserve that. Christopher is a great boy and Eddie despite his mistakes remains a great father.

-I totally agree with you Buck, but with what you just told me, I'm not sure that Athena's colleagues will also be inclined to try to help her.

-It's only a kid! He is lost we don't know where and with someone who is completely sick, we don't have time to reproach Eddie for his faults.

Bobby shook his head. He agreed with the firefighter, but he was also torn by his duty as superior.

-Eddie is dependent Buck, you told us yourself. Even if you have committed to helping him, I can't be sure that he will be himself again. Recently, he attracted the attention of the authorities, if everything goes well, he may be removed from custody.

-It's out of the question, you know it would destroy him. He didn't do anything wrong!

-I agree with you, thundered a voice behind their back while Athena had appeared in the small airlock. As a friend, I would do everything to bring his son back in shape. As a police officer, Eddie is under substance, suspected of having organized everything and even lied about the events of two weeks ago. Most of me knows exactly what is true, a smaller one tells me that something not clear is happening with both of you. Could you enlighten me Buckaroo?

The firefighter again placed his eyes on his best friend on the other side of the window who had returned to sit and put his head in his arms. He blew.

-Let me talk to him. You just have to listen and you will decide to believe what you want Athena.

-It's out of the question, I can't leave you with a potential suspect.

-Eddie is a victim until proven otherwise and I can go see him as a friend. Let me talk to him, you know he will tell me the truth. If you don't like what you hear, you just have to intervene.

Athena stared at him for a moment, hesitant and asked her husband for advice, who had already approved the idea before it was even proposed.

-Before I go in , Buck said, putting his hand on the handle, Could you do me a favor and find me ice ? I'm going to need it.

The couple exchanged a troubled look but said nothing by resting their eyes inside the interrogation room where Buck had just entered.

***

When the door opened, he was going to rejoice at the coffee before setting fire to his friend for the wait and lack of explanation. But when it was Buck who passed the door, he found nothing to say, following him with his eyes as he came to sit in front of him.

At that precise moment he wanted to kill him. To explode his face on the window and beat him until he only has his eyes to cry. But he didn't have the strength. And he could never have done it.

-I'm not asking you how you're doing, you're already angry enough like that, he began.

If it had been a problem between them, for which he would have to apologize as for scratching his car, the small intention would have made him laugh, but it was his son. And he wasn't ready to laugh.

-Before you tried to make my skin, he continued, I want you to know that if I had known that it could impact you or your son, I would have told you about it right away.

-I forbid you to talk about my son. Because of you, he's not there and if something happens to him, don't even count on me to forgive you.

This promise hurt him, because after all he was indebted to him and he had not lied to him. Not talking about a secret is not a lie, everyone has the right to it, but from the moment his name was found involved, it was too late.

-I'm sorry Christopher got caught Eddie, but if you give me time I could ex...

He didn't have time to finish his sentence as he received a closed fist in his jaw. The pain twisted his mouth and he massaged his bone for a few seconds, a grimace on his face. Eddie didn't even falter.

-It's deserved, observed the blond, straightening up. I know you hate me right now, but I'll still explain what's going on. I owe you at least that.

Eddie raised his head, he didn't care if he was told. All he wanted was to stop lying to him and take him for a jerk. He wanted his son to be found.

-I received the first one a little less than a week ago, he began by sliding a sealed plastic pouch that contained a perfect copy of the letter and photograph. The second arrived yesterday morning. I discovered it on my way home.

He dragged the second letter, which was identical in all respects to the first except for the black and white photo.

-At first I thought it only concerned me and that I didn't have to worry, that it was just a bad joke. Until I saw this photo, he continued, pointing to the second one.

For the first time, Eddie lowered his eyes to the pictures, observing them for a few seconds before resting his black gaze on his colleague. At that moment they were only colleagues, he no longer knew what friendship was.

-Before I was a firefighter, I was looking to find my way by traveling around the world, I arrived in Argentina at the end of 2015. I became a bartender in a hut near the beach and stayed there for a year.

He turned his head towards the tinted glass and could easily guess the two faces that observed him on the other side, eager to know the true story. He swallowed.

-This photo dates from that time, I don't know when or who, but it was made in Argentina.

He blew and straightened up in his chair, looking at his friend, something he had not dared to do until now.

-I fled on December 14, 2016 and came to live in California. On the evening of December 13, I was returning home after a party and I made the wrong road. Passing through an alley I surprised men who were attacking a young woman. I fought with those men and stunned one. The second had a knife and while fighting, the roles were reversed and I injured him. Deadly. I became scared at that moment and created a staging so that suspicions would be on the other guy. I ran away the next day and while searching the internet, I discovered that the other guy had been arrested for the murder of Nicolas Garcia.

He turned his head to the window again and this time he was almost sure he had seen the outline of Bobby's shocked face and Athena's darkened face.

-The other night when I told you that I saw people who were not really there, Nicolas Garcia is one of them, and he's the most dangerous.

-I would like to understand Evan, the firefighter blew, but I still don't see how my son is involved.

-I don't know how or why, but the night it happened, someone saw me. When I received these letters, I thought it was just blackmail for money, but from the moment it turned against you, I understood that it was more complicated than that. Athena explained to me what had happened and showed me a photo.

Evan took out his cell phone and laid it flat on the table.

-Do you recognize it?

Eddie leaned towards the screen and shook his head.

-It's the knife that was planted in my counter, but I know it's not mine.

-Because it isn't indeed. I didn't pay attention at first, but now everything is linked. This knife is the same as the one I held the night Garcia died.

-Are you telling me that my boy's disappearance is because of you? And that a psychopath took him because he wants you to pay?

Evan made a skeptical pout and closed his eyes when he saw the monumental slap approaching his face. Finally, perhaps he should have asked Athena for an iceberg.

-I was overwhelmed by the events. In such a short time, so much happened, I didn't know how to react so I became scared. As soon as I'm afraid, something stupid happens. When I received the second letter, I immediately told Athena about it.

He turned to the window to be heard.

-I lied to her saying that I didn't know where it could come from and why. In truth, he said, turning around again, I put us all in the same boat because I was not careful enough. And you're right, Christopher disappeared because of me.

-Why? Why me? What is this guy trying to do by taking my son?

Evan scraped his throat and pushed the first photo.

-The day this photo was taken, I was talking with Maddie in the car before dropping it off. We were talking about everything and nothing when the discussion went to you. She asked me a lot of questions, and I think there must have been a microphone or one of our laptops had to be tapped because the person who took this photo must have heard what I said about you.

-What did you say?

-That I loved you.

There was a blank in the room and it had never been so silent and stifling.

-I didn't stay long after and went home. That same evening, you missed drowning underground. I was so scared at that moment that I regretted not telling you above all what I should have told you. I was ready to do it, but every time a new thing happened. You disappeared, I had to fight Hector and you started taking drugs.

Eddie immediately pivoted his head towards the window and widened his eyes. Evan shook his head.

-They know about it. I had to tell them.

He clenched his fist and Buck prepared to suffer further pain, but the firefighter relaxed and grabbed the edge of the table, tightening it between his fingers.

-What is...?

-You are not involved for ectasy. You were forced to take drugs for more than twenty-four hours and almost gave up your life. The doctor warned me that it could happen, which is why I was not surprised when I found some in your bathroom.

-Yet you looked angry.

-I was sad that you chose to hide it from me rather than trust me, but I wasn't angry. I wanted us to be able to say everything to each other without any problem. But now that we are both here, I realize that I am the one who lied the most of us.

Buck growled and agitated in his chair.

-I'm sorry that the truth is finally told in these circumstances but I didn't know what to do, I was tetanized by the fear of disappointing you. And I realize that maybe that's what I did in wanting to prevent it.

Eddie blew, feeling sarcastic.

-I find it increasingly difficult to know when you tell the truth or when you lie Buck. Between us lately I don't know if I can trust you.

Evan pinched the inside of the cheek and twisted the corner of the plastic pouch.

-Look at us Eddie. We got so lost that the only time we manage to be honest with each other is when a little boy is in danger. When did everything shit? When did everything go bad?

-It degenerated the day we realized that we were just simple friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 58 9
Kaitlyn "Kate" Buckley is Buck's twin sister. She was left with her parents when Maddie and Buck left to move and decided with their lives. After 26...
25.7K 415 25
This story has some of the same moments as the shows but also putting my own twist on thing. Kacey Buckley, the twin to Evan Buckley, both serving fo...
196K 2.8K 14
"NOT EVERYONE BELIEVES IN HER, AND NOT EVERYONE SUPPORTS HER, BUT HER GOD GOES WITH HER AND THATS WHAT SUSTAINS HER." 9-1-1 season 1 OC x Evan 'Buck'...
310K 6.2K 43
🎡We set fire to our insides for fun🎡 Kate Quinn moves 5000 miles away from home when seeking a fresh start and hopefully a new life. As she joins t...