Just A Call

By usermarvel

When Peter Parker called her, asking for help, her whole life was turned upside down. Emerson's life had neve... More

/Aᴜᴛʜᴏʀ Nᴏᴛᴇ/
/Pʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ/
₁. Eᴍᴇʀsᴏɴ
₂. Tʜᴇ Aᴠᴇɴɢᴇʀs
₃. Bᴀᴄᴋ Tᴏ Tʜᴇ Mɪssɪᴏɴ
₄. Cʜɪʟᴅʜᴏᴏᴅ Bᴇsᴛ Fʀɪᴇɴᴅ
₅. Rᴀɴ Aᴡᴀʏ
₆. Mᴏʀᴛᴀʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Mᴇ
₇. Tʜᴇ Tʀᴜᴛʜ
₈. I Dɪᴅɴ·ᴛ I Cᴏᴜʟᴅɴ·ᴛ
₉. Sᴏᴜɴᴅ Lɪᴋᴇ A Pʟᴀɴ
₁₀. Bᴜɴɴʏ
₁₁. A Bᴜʀᴅᴇɴ
₁₂. Rᴇɢʀᴇᴛ Aɴᴅ Gᴜɪʟᴛ
₁₃. Fᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ Gᴇɴᴛʟᴇᴍᴀɴ
₁₅. Yᴏᴜ Aʀᴇ Fᴀᴍɪʟʏ
₁₆. Sʜᴇ Wᴏᴜʟᴅ Hᴀᴠᴇ Bᴇᴇɴ Rɪɢʜᴛ
₁₇. I·ᴍ Pʀᴏᴜᴅ Oғ Yᴏᴜ
₁₈. Yᴏᴜʀ Tᴜʀɴ
₁₉. Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴏʀ Hɪᴍ
₂₀. Wᴇ Wᴀɪᴛ
₂₁. Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Tᴏ Lᴏsᴇ
₂₂. A Hᴇʟʟ Oғ A Fɪɢʜᴛ
₂₃. Dᴏɴ·ᴛ Pʟᴀʏ
₂₄. Tʜᴇ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ Aɴᴅ Tʜᴇ Bᴇᴀsᴛ
₂₅. Pᴀɪɴ Aɴᴅ Sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ
₂₆. Mᴇʀʀʏ Cʜʀɪsᴛᴍᴀs
₂₇. Yᴏᴜʀ Hᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss
₂₈. Nᴏ Sᴛʀᴀᴡʙᴇʀʀɪᴇs
₂₉. Fɪʀsᴛ Sᴜʙᴊᴇᴄᴛs
₃₀. Tʜᴇ Mᴏsᴛ Pᴜʀᴘʟᴇ Hɪᴄᴋᴇʏ
₃₁. Dᴜᴏ Mɪssɪᴏɴs
-
₃₂. Hᴀᴘᴘʏ Nᴇᴡ Yᴇᴀʀ

₁₄. Yᴏᴜ Hᴀᴠᴇ Nᴏ Fᴀᴍɪʟʏ

1.1K 29 1
By usermarvel

"Yes pa, I swear I'll protect him all my life!" she answered gently kissing his forehead

"What are you thinking about?"

"Oh my God Scott, don't scare me like that," Emerson screamed "how come you are already up?"

"Already? It's 5 PM..." he replied

"What? Already? God, I didn't see the time goes by."

"What were you thinking about?" asked Scott as he sat down next to Emerson

"Memories of my childhood."

"I'm glad you remember them, mer, I'm really proud of you. You've come back from so far." said Scott with a happy-sad look on his face

"Thanks Scottie, I really missed you," she smiled sadly "I'm sorry I didn't visit you sooner."

"It's okay, you're here now."

"By the way, if you break Hope's heart, I'll kill you!" said Emerson changing the subject to something lighter

"Hey! What the hell," he chuckled "you're my best friend, remember?"

"Yeah, I don't really care." she joked

"Hope told me you wanted to help with the quantum realm?"

"Yeah, but I don't want to waste your time if I'm wrong..."

"Girl, you're the smartest person I know, I'm sure you're right."

"Mmh, not sure Hope is convinced."

"I'll take care of her, don't worry. Oh, and by the way, if you want, you can train with us."

"Scott. I really don't want to impose, I'm already squatting your house, I'm not also going to beat you up." she smiled.

"Ooooh, right, I see how it is.... Hope, Cassie and I aren't eating here tonight but we'll see you tomorrow at 6 for the fight. Right?"

Emerson chuckled before agreeing. And in a minute, she was on her own again. She went upstairs to shower and change into gray sweatpants, a white crop top and a cardigan. Then she sat up in bed and began working on her programs.

She worked on them until she heard Hope and the Lang return. It must have been an amazing night because Cassie was all excited when she walked into her room to get ready for bed. Emerson had turned off the light just before Scott walked past her room. She didn't really understand why she did this but she didn't feel like talking to either of them. Hearing no other sounds, she finished her work and turned off her laptop, ready to sleep.

She found herself again in this icy forest, wearing her Hydra's suit. When she looked back up, she was in an Italian restaurant. She saw herself and her parents talking around three half-eaten scoops of chocolate ice cream. She knew exactly where she was. What she didn't know is why she was here. She looked behind her when she saw her younger self looked at her, she couldn't possibly see her, right? Seeing nothing wrong, she looked back and saw the little girl standing up next to her.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me and I can't believe you lied to me" she whispered looking at her hands that was slowly becoming red

After what seems like an eternity, the little girl looked up to the table and Emerson followed her sight. Her parents were slightly grey and had both a bullet wound on their forehead and purple marks on their necks. They were dead but before this thought could actually reach Emerson mind, she was pulled away. She closed her eyes as she felt herself being torn apart.

When she opened her eyes again, she was in the Avenger's compound, still looking at herself. She knew what was about to happen so she waited for her brother to barge outside, shouting on her. But he never came. She didn't know why but she started searching for him and the first place was his bedroom. When she walked in, the decoration closely looked like her childhood home and Peter was lying face down the floor, in a pool of blood. His blood. She could read, written above his head, "You have no family" as she began to be pull away from the room, from the compound and from her body.

She woke up, sweating and breathing heavily. It was 4am and she wouldn't be able to close her eyes again without seeing this new nightmare. Normally, her nightmares were always the same, they just changed when something big happened, guess that Peter's words were one of the big.

She stepped to her dresser to put a baggy short and a sport bra, before tying her hair in a ponytail and putting her basket. She silently walked out of her room and out of the house to run. She ran all the time until it was a quarter to six am and that she needed to go back home to do her training session.

"Thought you would never come." said Scott as Emerson walked through the door

"It's only 6:05 a.m." she pointed out

"Yes, but you're never late."

"Sorry, I had to grab a bottle of water."

"Apologize accepted. Why are you all sweaty anyways?"

"Because I've been running since 4?"

"Oh yea, make sense." he said

"Oh hey, Emerson! Didn't know you would join us this morning." said Hope as she walked in

"Um I can go if you want..."replied Emerson

"No, no I want to see what you can do."

" 'kay great... let's begin then," she said walking in the center of the room, ready to fight someone "which one of you want to spare with me?"

Without a word, Scott stepped forward and positioned himself in front of her.

"Okay, ready scottie?"

"Always."

As he sent the first punch, Emerson avoided it, crouched down and swept her leg under Scott, making him fall on his back. He stood up almost immediately but she could see that he was having difficulties catching his breath. This time, he chose to wait for Emerson's first move. And as they turned in a circle, Emerson obeyed his silence command and kick him in his stomach, making him stumbled back. He came again close to her and tried to punch her. As he did, he kick her in the leg, making her lose balance for an instant. He took his opportunity and punch her face. Without realizing, he punched her nose and it began bleeding. Emerson who was half at the floor, quickly reached down to entangle her legs in his, so that she could bring him down and be on top of him, his face against the ground and his leg and arms locked by Emerson's body.

She stayed on top of him for 5 seconds before standing up and letting him go.

"Impressive." Hope told her

"Thanks. You should train with Scott, I don't want to bother more. I'll take a shower and take care of Cassie." responded Emerson

"Cassie? Why? What time is it? She's never awake before 7 normally." asked Scott

"It's," Emerson looked at her phone "7:30."

She could hear Scott asked 'already' as she left. As she said, she took a shower and changed into a black jean with a baggy white shirt, her Doc Martens, her watch and jewelries and added an orange bandana in her hair. She then knocked to Cassie door, asking to come in. The door opened and Cassie appeared behind, a big smile on her face.

"Hungry?" Emerson asked

"Always." she answered taking her hand and walking toward the kitchen

That was basically what happened during the first two weeks: waking up from a nightmare, running, training and hanging out with Cassie. And from time to time she would work on her programs.

"I'm going to get Cassie for breakfast." Emerson said

"No, no, I'll go this time." replied Scott as he left the room

It's been 17 days since she got here, I guess Hope didn't mind her staying. But they haven't really talked since the day in the kitchen.

"Can we talk?" asked Hope as Emerson was ready to leave to take a shower

"Yeah sure," she replied "now?"

"Um no, we can talk later." she answered quickly

"Are you okay?" 

"Yes, I'll see you at breakfast." she said as she walked away

This was strange. Emerson wasn't one to invade other people's privacy, so listening to other people's thoughts wasn't an option, but she was sure something was going on... maybe she was going to be kicked out. With that thought and after changing, she joined Cassie, her father and Hope in the kitchen.

"How did you sleep, cas?" asked Emerson

"Super good after yesterday's story." she replied with a big smile

"That's great," she said as she grabbed a bowl and some cereal before sitting down next to her "What did you want to talk about, Hope?".

"Well, I know I haven't been the, um the nicest since you've been here and I apologize for that-"   "Don't"  "-and I'll totally understand if you don't want to anymore-"  "Don't want to what anymore?"  "-we need your help." finished Hope

"My help? With what?" she asked

"With the quantum realm."

----------------------

A/N: hiiii, so the "good stuff" is about to arrive. Hope ;) you're ready. My joke was really bad, sorry. 

Anyways, I know I must be really annoying but voting can take you less than a second if you like how the story is so far, and commenting would really help me :) 

Anyways I'll try to stop harassing you with that (coming from the future... I didn't stop). 

Have a good day/night, love you 3000 <3

November 9th, 2021

A-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

423 33 7
!! CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF EDITING !! Two different directions. One being left, and the other being right. Running to the right landed Kristoffer...
9.9K 415 23
Y/N Stark was living a not so normal life. Sure, she did enjoy living with Avengers but most of the time it's just boring. Ever since she got her pow...
18.9K 271 16
When Clint finds a young girl Hydra is killing his heart goes out for her. After convincing Fury to let her stay, she is sent to Avengers tower where...
4.4K 77 24
With high school finally finished its time for a treat, but things don't go exactly according to plan. One night can change everything. This is gonna...