Conflicted (Buddie) ENGLISH V...

By Kit-chenSink

After a long battle against justice, Evan Buckley, mostly known as Buck is finally back at house 118. Injured... More

Back on the field
Wanna get some wine?
Baby-sitting
9-1-1 What's your emergency?
Eddie Begins
Gossip Girls
Worldwide Pandemic
Stranger
Ice Trap
Special Mission
Two best friends in a room...
Bad Day at Los Angeles
Friendly Friends
Two Weeks Later...
Buck Indeed
Nightmares
Sleeping beauty
Revelations
There's someone inside
Chains
Tracks
Manhunt
Answers
Buddie
Last day on Earth
Don't Breathe
Rebirth - Epilogue

Thoughts

1.4K 34 3
By Kit-chenSink

Really, it was worse than hearing the tears of a newborn on a Paris Washington flight. It was still as cold and narrow, glaucous and macabre and oppressive. Now he understood what could push some guys to say everything; they wanted to get out of here. And Evan would die of envy.

He had spent more time in this room than in his apartment in twenty-four hours. He could have taken up residence there in a way. Something told him that this was what he needed. Let's lock him in one square meter and throw the key away.

The handcuffs clenched his wrists but he had not complained about it. He was guilty, it was irrevocable, why was he the only one to be convinced?

-Mr. Buckley, began the man as he entered the interrogation room, a bottle of water under his arm, a file under the other. I'm the officer who will conduct your interrogation, don't you see any drawbacks?

Did he see a disadvantage in the man who questioning him being black, fairly round and bald? Not the least, what a stupid question. The disadvantage was that Athena was not there and he found himself in unknown territory.

He shook his head.

-Very well, I inform you that our conversation will be recorded, you can ask to see a lawyer at any time and you are not forced to answer all the questions although it is advisable.

It's okay, he saw where Athena was. She was in each of these words and he easily imagined her describing to his colleague what he should say if he intended to keep his job. She was a remarkable lieutenant, but sometimes when it touched the family a little too much, she became formidable.

He nodded again saying that he understood.

-Can you explain in detail exactly what happened? Take your time if necessary.

Buck looked up to the upper right corner of the room, they were observed, he was tied up and locked in the slightest loophole. Anyway, he had no reason to want to escape, Athena had told him, he had simply defended himself. Yet why did he have so much trouble staying in place?

-Where should I start? He asked it, slumping in his chair.

-From the beginning.

***

-Here.

Chimney showed him the pack of cakes and she grabbed them with angry fingers. She ate three cookies in a few bites and slaried on the couch, legs in the air.

-How do you feel?

The firefighter sat on the second chair and stood straight on the edge of the seat, slightly worried.

Maddie had not said much since returning from the hospital, all that came out of his mouth were insults to a dead man and from there police lieutenant who had put in place all this headache.

-Athena will regret it, she repeated constantly looking at the ceiling.

-You know that... Buck would have gone anyway?

She turned around and pointed him with a piece of cake.

-Do not accuse my brother, this fool has the habit to create trouble, she added for herself.

-He's going to get by, you'll see, in less than a week he'll be back on the fire.

-He killed a man Chimney, we can't recover from that in a second.

He was going to say something but changed his mind. Maddie knew what she was talking about, and entering this terrain was dangerous, very dangerous, just talking about it. Even dead, Doug still had a heavy impact on certain lives.

Maddie let her head fall back on the armrest and she blew.

-I thought that coming to Los Angeles our problems would stay far behind, I was wrong all along the line, in less than a year we had more than in a lifetime.

-But you have always recovered, Chimney assured, coming to sit next to her, lifting her legs to slip underneath. Evan will get there too. With Eddie they will help each other.

-It annoys me not to be able to know. My brother is in an interrogation room, Eddie is in the hospital, and we are there without really being there. I should be with my brother or at least go see him.

-They probably won't let you talk to him, it's serious.

-I could ask Athena, after all she owes me that.

-It's not five minutes you wanted him to pay.

Maddie straightened up and leaned on the edge of the sofa, dizzy.

-I'm pregnant.

She arched an eyebrow and Chimney observed it for a long minute before shaking her head.

-Wait, what?

-I'm pregnant. For two months in reality.

Chimney leaned his head to her puzzled side.

-You're kidding me, are you? You take revenge on me for what happened, isn't that?

-I am surprised that Hen and my brother managed to keep the secret for so long, I was convinced that they would tell you one day or another.

-Wait what? Hen and Buck know? Since when?

He got up and took the hundred steps. It was difficult to know if it was out of fear or excitement but he hit his hands.

Maddie laughs for the first time in forty-eight hours.

-Buck knows it from the beginning in truth. Hen, since last week.

Chimney came to sit next to her and put a hand on her belly, which had not yet taken on a remarkable shape.

-When is it for?

-October if everything goes well, she replied, passing her hand over that of her companion.

They stayed like this for a few seconds before Chimney got up and smiled.

-It's great news... We're pregnant!

***

-I'm glad to see you in better shape. I must admit that I was ready to give you a soap for missing the evening with your son, but Christopher is rather understanding. What matters is that you take care of yourself for the next few days and if you need help do not hesitate. I'll take care of your little guy.

Eddie nodded, appreciating the warmth of the wide hand of Carla holding his forearm warmly and smiling at him.

-Thank you for taking care of him Carla. You can take note of your overtime and I will add everything to your payment at the end of the month...

-Don't bother that my love, I'm your friend, not just a person you hire, I can keep it for free it doesn't cause me any problems.

He blinked slowly to thank her and let his head rest on the pillow. Several times he would have liked to scratch his forehead or his stomach but the painful memory of his tied fists related each time to his memory.

« I'll leave you, » she said, getting up.

-Carla? Can you bring Christopher to me please?

The assistant opined the chef and left the room calmly.

Eddie observed the ceiling and scraped his throat. The more he thought about it, the more he wanted it. Morphine. He had not really thought about it when he was told that he was not going to be able to enjoy it, his metabolism having become far too fragile with the pervitin overdose. He was so exhausted and disconnected that he had not even flinched when the bone of his hand was put back in place and his arch being stitched up. But now that he was gradually regaining his functions, he felt the ants in his right hand, the itching above his eyebrow, the lung hurting him and the skull pain that exploded his brain. Fuck what he wanted to be extinguished all this for a quarter of an hour.

-Dad! Called his son appearing between the curtains, swinging on his crutches quickly.

Eddie raised his hands mechanically to welcome him but his wrists stopped where the handcuffs began and it was almost very little.

-Excuse me! He called when a nurse passed in front of his room.

He waited for a moment and the youthful face of a young brown woman appeared, holding a pen and a box of test tubes.

-Do you think it's possible that these handcuffs will be removed from me? I wish I could hold my son.

The young woman stared at him puzzledly and turned around making sure that it was her who was being addressed.

-I'm sorry but if you're handcuffed it's probably for a good reason, she aggressively said to him.

He threw a disillusioned grimace at her.

-Instead of attacking me, could you ask Dr. Spracher? He is surely more qualified than you to make such a decision.

The nurse pricked a eyeshadow and rolled her eyes before escaping from the room quickly. Christopher looked at his father.

-You weren't nice to the lady, he remarked.

-The lady was not kind in the first place, he defended himself.

He frowned and relaxed realizing that he was angry for nothing.

-Can you come and hug Dad? I can't move too much.

The boy smiled to the ears and approved by staggering towards him. He put his head on his thigh and surrounded his hands around his hips.
Eddie stretched out his fingers to reach his hair but it was hardly if he could touch it. He tried many times but it was always the same thing, his nails could make the little curls of his hair vibrate but that was all he could do.

-Dammit! He exclaimed by clapping his fist several times in the bars of the bed. It annoys me!

Christopher got up and backed up, slightly troubled. Did he do anything wrong?

-I want that taken away from me! He got carried away trying to get up and disassemble the bars.

Doctor Spracher entered and spread the curtains with a sharp gesture, alerted by exclamations.

-Mr. Diaz, what are you doing?

-Please remove that or I promise you I'm going to fart a lead, I just want to hold my boy in my arms, please, you're a dad too, right?

The doctor glanced into the corridor behind him and blew his nose.

I am indeed a dad,  he confessed as he approached the bed, with a hand rummaging into his pocket. But I'm also a doctor. That's why I'm doing that. I free you one, the other remains attached, do you promise not to attack anyone?

He shook his head greedily, interested.

He watched him do it and as soon as his hand was released he turned into the air and rubbed his face strongly to the point of letting his skin reddened. He thanked the doctor and extended his arm to his son.

Dr. Spracher went around the bed and lifted the boy before placing him near the patient, making sure to preserve his right part. Eddie thanked him with a smile and shook his son by kissing him on the scalp.

-Finally, he blew.

The doctor left the room, abandoning the pair of obstacles on the edge of the furniture near the door.

-Dad? Questioned the boy. Why are you in a hospital?

The firefighter tightened his jaw.

-A bad man attacked me, but I didn't let myself go, that's why they keep me tied up, they're afraid I'll hurt someone.

-But you hurt no one, he said innocently. You're a superhero!

Eddie puffed.

-What would I like to be a superhero...

The boy rested his head perhaps a little too violently but Eddie was not going to complain about it, he had waited for this moment for ages and he intended to enjoy it as much as was allowed.

-Dad? Christopher continued as the patient began to drowsy.

-Hmm?

-Why did Athena put Buck in handcuffs earlier?

And there, he was not quite to find sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 898 30
When Buck left the Navy Seals he went to Chicago and became a firefighter. While in Chicago, Buck started at FireHouse 51 where he met Kelly Severide...
51.3K 1.8K 28
In which, Josephine attempts to overcome the losses amid saving lives in the city. [911 SEASON 3-4]
641K 6.3K 20
This is my story! PLEASE don't steal it! I have been informed of this story being on other platforms but this is the original! Please report the othe...
177K 4.1K 66
Buck's feeling is starting to grow day by day because of a certain firefighter. He is afraid that if he tells him the truth then he might reject him...