Divinity || Draco Malfoy

By icecubewater

Averie Wilson is an aspiring fashion student. Draco Malfoy is a top designer and CEO of his own well known f... More

Casting
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35

27

2K 98 212
By icecubewater

Averie had been soundlessly working on the new spring line for what felt like hours.

It was still only early January so of course there were some months before spring and more time to work on everything, but she realized a long time ago that it takes more than two months to thoroughly finalize each individual lingerie piece. She would much rather have enough time to make an all impressive collection.

With this in the back of her mind since she started the crucial part of sketching designs, her pencil hadn't stopped moving.

The designs were florally imprinted, laced with flowers and abstract shapes. She was tasked with the design of twelve set pieces, and already almost half of them were sketched out completely.

Averie took the time to also think about what was happening around her. Why she was here, how so much had happened in so little time. No doubt it was all due to Draco, who had captured her attention with only a few petals—though some could argue it happened way before that. Although he did promise to give her a promotion, she wasn't too upset over that. After all, she was making almost a hundred dollars an hour.

And Averie wasn't materialistic, but god was she happy about the money she was now making.

But that wasn't the reason either.

Truthfully Averie was here because her and Draco felt incomplete. Sure, they didn't really have a relationship at all, could barely stand to look at each other before, but there was underlying tension. That much was obvious. Draco acting much nicer was part of her wishful and hoping thoughts. Which was why she was even more nervous to be disappointed—because him complying and changing was just what she had wanted. He was trying, and Averie couldn't have wanted much more. Averie had also realized that Draco had definitely changed overnight—though she couldn't say she was complaining.

Here she was at her dream job doing what she loved, making more money than she could count, all while catching feelings for a husky blonde who was ready to spoil her. If that wasn't the dream then what was?

Currently she was in the work lounge with Zara, sketching and mindlessly chatting away. She had taken a short break from earlier, but her pencil had since then called her back.

She hadn't seen Draco since he left her some hours ago. She wondered what was going through his mind, if he was as nervous as her. Why would he be, though—he had her completely in his hold. Averie felt like she was the only one nervous about where things were going. Not just because of it happening, but because she knew once the gates open, she could never get enough. Would have to keep coming back for more to satisfy her lustful greed. And it had only just begun with something as simple as a touch.

She was just thinking about him, wondering where he would be when the lounge door opened, revealing the very same person in her thoughts.

Zara had headphones on, quietly listening to her music as she focused on working or doing whatever else. She didn't see Draco come in, as her back was facing the door. He noticed it too, it showed, as he walked right behind Averie, mumbling "Hi there."

She couldn't help the grin that flashed on her face at the casualness of him.

"Hey," she sighed, closing her sketchbook out of reflex. She was always used to keeping it private, even more now that Pansy had copied her designs and presented them to Zara. It was an instinct now to protect them.

"Are those for the new collection?" Draco inquired from behind her.

His hand was twitching by his side, and Averie realized it to be a sign that he was restraining himself from touching her. Was he not able to tell that she wanted him to? She cleared her throat a few seconds later, realizing not only had he asked her a question, but that she was only mindlessly staring at his hands.

"Uh—yeah it is," she muttered, turning back around to her desk.

"Can I see them?"

She pondered this for a quick second, but then realized his intentions were probably not spiteful anymore. So she flipped back to the page she'd been working on for the past hour. It wasn't finished at all, it was only the rough sketch of the outline, but it was still visible what the idea was. This lingerie piece was thin and red, like the shade of the darkest of wines. When Averie looked back to assess his reaction she caught him staring at her instead, pupils wide.

"What?" she stared back, narrowing her eyes. Two could play at that game.

"Just picturing it," he smirked.

Averie continued to glare at him, though she knew her cheeks must have been pinker than they were before. His hand came back to lean against the back of her chair, veins flexing. Suddenly all she could focus on were his very large hands.

"Eyes are up here, Wilson."

Her eyes gilded back to his own and she mirrored his smirk, deciding to play it cool instead of getting all flustered that he caught her staring—again. There had been way too many times where she was the one getting embarrassed because of his demeanor.

"I could say the same to you when you're staring at my breasts, Malfoy," she retorted, watching as one of his eyebrows raised at her accusation.

At once his eyes shot down, immediately proving her point. She cleared her throat to get his attention back on her and not just her chest again. His eyes glided back up to hers, with a knowing look in his smug eyes. "Can't help it," he shrugged.

"God it's hot in here," another voice added into the room—Zara. How did Averie forget she was right there?

The two looked snapped out of the moment and looked at the interrupter, head in her palm, who was acting clueless at the moment—Averie knew she was faking it.

"Mr. Malfoy? Is this along the lines of what the theme is?" Zara asked.

Draco cleared his throat annoyingly, backing away from behind Averies desk chair. Before he walked over to Zara, he let one finger lightly trail the bare of Averies back, instantly giving her goosebumps. His cold touch had that effect on her.

He took a short glance at Zara's desk—more specifically what was slapped right on it. She always liked to draw her designs on scrap paper, unlike Averie who much preferred a book. It was easier to have every sketch in one place, no loose pages flying out everywhere.

"That's...decent, Olsen. Maybe next month I'll be able to say that it looks good," he said, not in a venomous voice for once. What a typical thing for him to say.

"I'll take that as a compliment," she winked back, gathering up one of the five papers on her desk as her legs stood up to stretch.

"Though Wilson here seems to understand the assignment in a much broader way. You could learn some from her," he added as Zara slipped through the door, making the girl in question's ears perk up as soon as she heard her name.

"Don't bring me into this!"

Draco twisted back around, looking down at her. When he gave her a grin she felt herself blush again. She couldn't even count the amount of times that happened just today. When would she get used to his smile?

Truthfully she didn't know if she ever would. It was so genuine, so free. As if it was directed to her and her only. Though perhaps it was.

"You know it's the truth, too," he smirked.

And once again—he didn't fail to make her speechless.

It was late afternoon, almost nearing four and Averie was proud of her day's work of progress.

And from the looks of it, so was Draco.

He had been complimenting her and Zara's work all day, which was more than surprising. It wasn't all nice, which was more like his usual behavior, but somewhere in the middle he threw out some indirectly nice comments. Although the man wasn't just complimenting her work solely.

He had taken to flattering her almost every hour, and Averie couldn't say that she hated it.

He was keeping up his promise—of saying that he would try better to change. It was like having a whole new boss, one that sparked Averies interest in making even skimpier, sexier pieces of lingerie. It was only for her too, for Zara he would simply acknowledge her work. And of course he would never compliment Pansy, Averie couldn't think of anyone who willingly would.

But nevertheless, he was right. She was just all around good at designing. Sketching over five finished lingerie pieces in a single day was a record even for her.

It wasn't necessarily tough for her to do—there was a reason she was making so much money now—but her brilliant mind needed to rest now. It seemed like every time she sketches for too long her brain goes into overdrive and short circuits. Things started to get a little less clear to her when being tired.

At least she was going home now, though. She hadn't seen Draco in a few hours, which she tried reasoning to herself that she didn't care where he was, what he was doing. She didn't. Her mind couldn't always be focused on him. She was happy to go home and rest, perhaps get take out food for dinner.

What she didn't expect to see was Theo waiting for her right outside of the lobby. Once again he looked upset with her—then again, when was he not these days?

She had no choice but to approach him, as he was already doing the same to her. "How was your day?" he stiffly asked.

"It was...fine I guess. How did y—"

"When were you going to tell me that Draco Malfoy is now the new boss of La Perl as well? You know about this?" he angrily sighed. "And now you're working here."

"What? No! and even if I did, why would it matter?" she nearly screamed.

He scoffed. "Do you think I'm stupid, Averie. I can feel the tension between you two. I'm not blind either. I know he's just jealous of my hot girlfriend."

"You're kidding me," Averie sneered in return.

"I saw you two here just the other day, flirting," he said as if he caught her in some major lie. It just left her shocked, though.

"Y-You were here? At this building?" she asked wearily. This conversation was already making her anxious, and that mixed with her level of exhaustion did not bode well for her at the moment.

"Yeah and guess what? You're not innocent, Averie. I know you fucked him in Milan. So tell me— is he good? Did you enjoy being a whore for him?" Theo taunted.

Averie was overwhelmed, causing red hot angry tears to have slipped from her eyes. Not because she was sad, guilty. She hated hearing that word from him, it almost made her want to rip her own hair out.

But he continued, "Because that's what you are. You're a cheater, Averie Wilson— and mostly a liar. No good," he dryly laughed. "Was he even worth cheating on me for?"

"I—"

He scoffed. "And I really believed you when you told me you were a virgin, you whore."

"Don't call me that."

He ignored her.

"Here's what you're going to do," he started pacing along the concrete floors. For a moment Averie had forgotten that they were very much out in the open. She didn't remember seeing anyone pass by, but she was too distracted to even care at that point, she was aware now.

"You're going to leave the company," he started, already intriguing Averie in the worst way. "Or I'll break up with you."

Seriously?

That could have been the easiest ultimatum decision ever, Averie thought. Her face read confused, but only until after what he said registered in her brain. It was so simple?

"Let's go," Theo grabbed her wrist again and started tugging her along the way. "Now."

Averie did her best to pull away but was overwhelmed with his sudden strength.

"No!"

"What?" he snarled, stopping short. She took the hesitancy to jerk her wrist away, stepping back some. "You're in love with me, stop lying."

"I said no! I'm at the peak of my career and you just slow me down! I don't even like you! I don't even know why I'm still considered your fucking girlfriend!"

He of course didn't like to hear those words, the distaste clear as day on his face. "What the fuck are you saying?"

"We're over, Theodore."

The man child looked over her shoulder and scoffed, shaking his head out of disbelief. He said nothing as he stormed off into the city, out of sight.

And Averie stood there, even more drained, yet never felt as light and free. She was free. She had no idea that Theo knew about her and Draco, she should be furious at him—but it was hard to feel anything but relieved. Relieved that not only did she get rid of him like she's wanted for weeks, but that Averie doesn't even have to work in the same building as him anymore. Thanks to Draco.

Averie was even more excited to go back home now.

She adjusted her small purse on her shoulder, hearing her keys fall onto the pavement. She bent down to pick them up, sighing as the cold metal spiked on her skin. When she stood back up, her head willed her to look behind her, looking straight into another pair of eyes.

Draco was nonchalantly leant against the wall of the building, intently staring straight at her. Her breath suddenly caught as she could see his smirk even from afar, and something bubbled in her veins.

Averie knew this was the clearest feeling she's had in a while.

A/N

the wicked witch is gone yayyyyy

how are we feeling

-hay 🧸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 4.6K 89
Coraline Scott fell in love with a man she despised all throughout her life. Their love is a mystery...Her life is a mystery. What happens when every...
107 9 13
Sequal to Screw You, Malfoy. 🔞 18+ 🔞 Mature and sexual themes. Cassandra and Draco are adjusting to life post war and finding their footing with t...
428K 18.7K 85
in which a dark and little bit twisted malfoy sister finds herself staring at a very beautiful blonde witch. violetta malfoy has never been in love b...
63.9K 809 31
Draco Malfoy fanfic Skylar Jones, a pureblood witch who attends Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry finds herself falling in love with her bes...