Lowkey

By leiiii403

Arabella Malik, the lethal American mob boss's daughter. The beauty of the nineteen-year-old was well-known... More

Authors Note
Aesthetics & Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chpater 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue
Authors Note
Bonus Chapter
SEQUEL

Chapter 35

43.8K 1.1K 748
By leiiii403

Arabella

"𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲"

We won.

It was partially a pretty good game, Aydan had scored a couple of tries and the team overall did well for their first game back.

One of the guys, Drew Williams, had invited us to his after-party.

It was expected to be kind of big considering nearly everyone in the vicinity was going. We showered Aydan with hugs and pats on the back after the game.

Roman and I hadn't spoken much during the game, and neither had any of the others; we were all completely engaged in the game.

He had asked me to ride with him when the party was mentioned, and I agreed.

So now we were all getting ready to leave; Nicolo and Kara had left already, and Aydan was showering then he would be on his way.

Roman and I were on our own now, walking straight out the door and into the parking lot. He had brought a different car this time, one that stuck out among the others.

The grey colour was sleek and elegant, and the car itself was a goddess in every aspect.

He opened the passenger side door and I slid in. Climbing into the seat, wrapping the seatbelt around me and securing it with a click.

The leather chairs felt cool against the back of my thighs, causing me to shiver involuntarily. Roman had ascended beside me, his rich cologne filling my senses with ecstasy.

He swerved his way out of the parking lot, avoiding the cars and the shadows.

I took a few moments to glance around the area, the approaching event next week on my mind, as well as the question I had yet to ask him.

"Roman?" I said aloud, peeking over to his side profile.

"Hm?"

Before speaking, I licked my lips and rubbed my clammy palms over my thighs.

"Uh, I was wondering if you'd like to go to the carnival with me next Friday?"

"It's for our birthday, Theo's coming with Kara," I ramble on, jittering from my unexpected nervous state.

It was quiet, and when I returned my gaze to him, he had that little smile on his lips. Amused by my blabbering, I assume.

I huff and lean against the window, my gaze fixed on him.

"Roman..." I trail off with a whine.

Silence.

"Ro-

"I'll go," He said, finally.

I begin to smile, but then stop when he speaks again.

"Only if you kiss me,"

He maintains his focus on the road, coming to a halt when the light turns red. My sight wanders over his expressionless features, his question completely solemn.

I shook my head and scrunched my lips to the side. My hand was up beneath his smooth jaw, and his eyes were fastened on me.

"Lean down," I say quietly, and he does so.

As I raised my head upwards, his free hand moved to my waist and held me in place.

The blazing colourful lights shining onto the side of his face lured my focus across his visage.

The lingering shadow of his lips hovering over mine compelled me to lean forward slowly, and press my lips against his. The sound of a low and incredibly sexy grunt fell from his lips as I kissed him.

My lips moved slowly in time with his, my tongue stroking over his lip as he did the same. I let him in, and our tongues collided.

I gently brushed my fingers along his jaw, his hand on my waist moved in time with the kiss, and the palm cupping my cheek burned me much more.

His soft, warm lips had continued to tenderly caress my own, moving away before leaning back in to peck them.

My cheeks flushed, and I was glad for the darkness. I saw him smile again, and though it was modest, the gentle hint of his dimples peeked.

"You'll go with me now?"

He kissed my cheek and nodded. "I would've gone either way, Bellissima," he muttered after kissing my cheek.

"I know," I said, a tiny smile across my face.

I was startled by a car horn, and I quickly looked to the lights, which were now green. I laughed and yanked Roman's arm off my waist and onto the steering wheel.

"Drive," I said in a breathy tone as the cars continued to beep.

He smirked and looked into the review mirror before driving, but slowly.

"Roman!" I squealed and told him he needed to hurry.

"You know how crazy New Yorkers are, we're going to get our asses beat!"

He chuckled, his foot firmly planted on the accelerator as he raced down the street at a lightning speed.

I laughed as the background music poured into the car and drowned out the rest of the world.

We arrived at the party around thirty minutes later.

Everyone seemed to be just arriving now, although the house was already crowded with people and glowed raw coloured lights.

Roman had parked and, as usual, he opened my door for me, slipping right out, locking the car and leading the way.

The only source of light was the flashing blue and red lights that illuminated the inside.

A pool appeared to be further within the house, as viewed from across the room through the broad glass doors.

Roman had abruptly grasped my hand in his, and the sensation instantly warmed me. As I followed him around the room, my eyes had done the opposite.

My body had unknowingly collided with something, forcing me to topple backwards, yet the grasp on my palm had tightened and stabilised me.

I gasped when I felt the cool stream of liquid strike my sweater and soak straight through my top and onto my chest.

When I looked down, I noticed a dark liquid oozing through my clothing creating an irregular shape. I raised my gaze to the person and saw the familiar blonde-haired girl.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Arabella," She exclaimed sympathetically as she reached out to clean my chest with her palm, but she was stopped by an arm.

"Leave," Roman stated gravely, his words threatening.

Her eyes dilated wide against her blue eyes as they drifted up at him.

"But Ro," She was leading her hand to rest on his chest when she was abruptly stopped by his hand.

When I looked at him, his eyes were darkened and he had jerked her hand away and dropped it.

"Don't,"

His dangerously dark tone screamed complete murder, and it was enough to tell you to get the fuck out.

It seems like this bitch doesn't know when to take a hint.

The girl's expression turned into a deathly look, which she directed squarely at me. As her finger raises towards me, her blue eyes expand.

"This is because of you,"

Oh, here we go.

"Roman would've been with me if you weren't such a pig who just couldn't keep your ugly mouth shut."

Her words did not affect me, but it was her tone that had turned me off.

Disrespect wasn't something I took lightly.

I stood my ground, standing up straight with my height towering over the girl.

"What did you call me?" I threatened but in an oddly calm manner.

She smirks and jabs her finger towards my wet chest, "I think you heard me loud and clear, Arabella,"

"I did." I said and took a step towards her, "But you didn't mention where you were being a straight-up desperate bitch,"

Her eyes narrowed into slits, and I could tell she was angry just by the reddening of her ears.

"Well, you know what-

"Stop," Roman said, "If you want to breathe another day, leave."

His words hit her like a bolt of lightning, and she looked at him in bewilderment. The smile quickly disappeared and was replaced by a scowl.

She gave me another look, her eyes wandering towards my top, before smiling ominously.

"Good luck getting that out," She pointed towards the top and turned on her heel and left.

With disbelief, I scoffed and shook my head.

"Bitch," I muttered and wrapped my arm around Roman's and guide him away.

"Where's the bathroom?" I asked as I looked around.

On his left, he noticed a hallway and began directing us there.

We were fortunate enough to find a bathroom when we opened the first door in the corridor.

I was the first to enter, quickly removing my sweater while Roman closed the door behind him.

My white top underneath had been saturated in the clear liquid and could be seen right through.

While I was looking in the mirror and dabbing at the liquid, Roman was searching through the cupboards for something.

When he came across a hairdryer, he took it out and plugged it in the closest outlet.

I smiled and moved my arms out of the way, allowing him to take the lead.

He tucked his hands beneath my top, pulled the damp fabric away from my chest, and turned on the dryer.

When the loud sound of the dryer came on he started to dry the damp areas.

I giggled as I looked in the mirror beside us at how ridiculous it all seemed. He appeared entirely pure as he dried my clothing with his most intimidating self.

As his hand moved with the dryer, his silver rings glistened underneath the orange, catching my attention.

From the mirror's view, I watched unreservedly as his eyes moved to mine. I eventually looked up at him, away from the mirror.

Our eyes connected and my lips tugged at the sides.

I leant up on my toes, still not quite reaching him, and wrapped my arms around his neck, causing him to bend down as I intended.

My lips jumped up towards his, pecking his plump lips. He looked at me emotionlessly, his mischievous eyes falling on mine.

The hairdryer, which was aimed towards my top, suddenly blew right into the side of my face, causing me to squeal and my head to fall into his chest.

"Roman!" I shriek and slapped him over the shoulder.

He chuckled and stepped back, the blow dryer pointing downwards. I drew my damp-ish top away from my chest and narrowed my gaze.

"Don't," I warned, he smirked as he leant against the wall.

"Hurry up! I gotta shit!"

I snorted and started giggling like a lunatic in response to the guy who had shouted from behind the bathroom door.

Roman rolled his eyes at the guy while I wiped my tears of laughter. He stepped forward again, this time holding the hairdryer to my top and drying it.

After another minute, the top was almost dry - it was much better than it was what it had been and didn't cling to my skin.

Roman sat the dryer on the counter and turned it off. I hurriedly fixed myself in the mirror before heading for the door.

I unlocked and opened it, Roman behind me as I stepped out.

On my way out, I give a sympathetic smile to the boy who was waiting impatiently to the side.

Through the darkly lit corridor, we walked through and stepped back into the main room.

The multicoloured lights flashed in front of my eyes, almost completely blinding me. I strolled over to a table with drinks, uncertain if Roman was still following me.

I picked up a clean red cup from the counter and set it on the table. Taking a bottle of cranberry juice that hasn't been opened and blending it with Vodka.

When I raised the cup to my lips, I had only then noticed Roman across from me, staring blankly at me. He leant against the wall with his dead expression returning.

As I walked over to him, I took a big sip and carried the cup with me.

Once I stepped in front of him, I unintentionally drew the cup in front of him.

"Want a sip?"

He shook his head and I shrugged, stepping next to him and gulping my drink down.

As the drink took effect, I wandered through my thoughts.

A wave of warmth spread through me making me realise just how much booze I had poured into the cup.

I wasn't too concerned about it though. I never learn my lesson when it comes to alcohol.

The cup in my hand quickly ran dry, and before I knew it I was on my third cup of cranberry and vodka.

"Roman," I sighed, leaning my head against his side.

"Yes?" He rumbled, the sound vibrating against my cheek.

I giggled and brought the cup back to my lips, consuming half.

"Let's play a game!" I stated this as I set down my empty cup.

Because of his excessive height, I had to angle my head upwards when I stood in front of him.

He peered down at me, impassively, and his blank gaze made me reconsider the situation.

But my tipsy self wouldn't have it, and it felt like I could easily persuade him to change his austere demeanour.

"Okay, so one of us has to think of something, and the other has to guess," I explained.

His eyes narrowed and I just smiled, hoping he'll play along.

When he slowly nodded his head after what felt like a century, I clapped my hands eagerly and inched closer to him.

"Okay, so we have categories," I mentioned, "Let's do food! I'll go first,"

My thoughts went over the many foods to choose from, I repeated the one I picked in my head several times just in case he could read my thoughts.

"Okay, guess," I quipped and gazed at him with anticipation.

"Cheeseburgers," He answered casually, and my eyes widened in surprise as he had accurately guessed the answer.

"How'd you do that?" I tilt my head.

"They're your favourite," He said clearly.

I blushed tremendously and examined his spotless sneakers.

He remembered?

"Okay, now it's your turn. I changed the category to people. So you can think of a famous person or something like that " I rambled.

He gave a short nod and looked around the room behind me.

I finished the last of my drink while he was thinking of someone.

"Ready?" I ask, and he nods.

Okay, focus Arabella.

I stared at the area over his head for a good minute. Preferably I wouldn't of minded his eyes, although they were always so intense, I probably would just get lost in them like always.

This was considerably more difficult than it appeared. I honestly didn't know what to say, so I blurted whatever came to mind.

"Kanye West?"

He shook his head and curled his lips at the sides, crossing his arms across his chest.

He gave me a curious look as if he was waiting for my next response.

I tap my fingers along the side of my thigh and think.

"Oh! Timothée Chalamet?"

He snorted and shook his head, leaning off of the wall and taking a step in front of me.

In defeat, I frowned and pushed my lips together.

"I give up," I grumbled, and his arms wrapped around me, drawing me to his chest.

I started rambling again, my face submerged in his muscular abs.

"Can you dance with me?" I murmured.

After he pulled back, he chuckled, the sound radiating through me.

"Now?" He questioned.

I smiled and lurched back, grasping his hand in mine and tugging him behind me into the crowd.

The song was not a slow song, but I wanted to slow dance - so, I guess we were going to slow dance to a fast song.

I dashed through the hordes of stinky people and landed squarely amid the dance floor.

The music thumped against my feet and ears, and the lights shone contrastingly all around me.

Mixing in with the alcohol, my body felt as if it were in jubilation.

Roman's eyes trailed over my face with delicacy as my body pivoted squarely in front of him.

I took both of his hands and placed them around my waist, which he adjusted to his preference, which was generally around the dips.

With his arms around my waist, I wrapped mine around his neck, allowing me to step on top of his shoes due to his impeccable height.

It was amusing to observe, but I was so engrossed in the moment that I didn't pay attention.

The music was blaring, and the others around us were jumping and dancing around like looney tunes, while we were just leisurely dancing.

Our motions were gentle, and I invited him to lean down even more with my head facing him.

"Who were you thinking of?" I asked, my mind wandering back to the game we played.

He gave me a blank look and then leant down to my ear. He whispered his answer slowly, his cool breath brushing across my hot skin.

"You."

~ Authors Note ~

This is definitely my favourite chapter so far.

Anyways, how are you all liking the book?

I'm currently working on three other books, Ideas just keep coming to my head and I have no self control over turning them into works lmao.

I sort of want to finish at least one of them and then publish it after Lowkey so y'all don't have to wait for updates all the time, but I've just gotten out of lockdown here in Sydney which means I'm back at work, so it's a little hard.

But I'll let y'all know what'll happen once I've progressed.

Moving on, I hope you all have a great night/day and I'll speak to you again soon.

Love always,

Lei <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 23.3K 40
Maya applied pressure to my wound. I hissed from the pain. "Stop fucking around." She rolled her eyes at me. Maya finished tending my wound, wrapping...
38.7K 934 38
Vita Mia: My life ***************************************** She has never wanted to take any part in the mafia world that her abusive and manipulativ...
312K 7.9K 70
Arabella Anastasi is just a girl, with a dark past. She wore a mask and hood at school (although, she hardly showed up) to avoid people and questions...
1M 26.3K 59
Two notorious mafias in Italy one is ruled by Gabriella Sangriento and the other is ruled by Giovanni Carson. Both of their gangs loathe each other...