Life Is Fun

By thedoctorgonepale

Life, the most realistic, in-depth, virtual reality game on the market. The game lets people go into the vide... More

(Prologue): Game start
Survival 101
Hunt or hunted
Allies of the game
Castle raiding
The peacemaking past: part 1
The peacemaking past: part 2
Genocide 101
The real game begins: part 1
Tree top fun
Only you can cause forest fires
The truth of Life: part 1
The truth of Life: part 2
The truth of Life: part 3

The real game begins: part 2

253 14 3
By thedoctorgonepale

Yn's POV:

Up against the arguably best player in the world and given the option to fight or flight, I was conflicted on what to do next.

My luck ran out... It might be smart to run, but...

Fuck it... I have nothing to lose.

Rushing towards Disco, I thrust my sword towards him, but in a blur of motion, he smacks my blade away with his sheathed sword.

I have no idea how he has speed effects this early in the game, but using the momentum from him smacking my sword away, I spun and threw a punch.

It landed but of course didn't do any real damage.

Disco: Okay...

(Smack)

Hitting me with his sheathed sword, he does 1 point of damage.

Not much, but when he started swinging, those 1 points of damage quickly stacked up.

Disco: I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting you to fight.

Seeing a pattern, I dodge and swing my blade, which forces him to dodge.

This gave me a moment to heal.

Disco:(nodding) Hmm...

Yn: How are you swinging that thing so fast?

Disco: How does anyone do anything?

Yn: Come on...

Disco: Listen kid... The trick is in what this item is categorized as.

Yn: What?

Yn:(mind) It's a sword, it would be categorized as a weapon, would it not?

Yn:(mind) That's too obvious to be the answer unless it's a trick question...

Yn:(mind) Maybe type of weapon...?

I didn't know, but if this hint was true, I needed to solve it, for some hope in surviving.

(Opening theme)

Though his attacks were weak, his attack speed made up for it. And my armor wasn't meant to take these kinds of attacks. More firearms than swords.

Needing some regeneration, I tried to keep my distance but he kept closing it.

I felt like I was at some kind of final boss, but I had skipped everything else the game had planned so I was absolutely underprepared.

Disco: I don't have all day, you know. There are some other things I have to do...

Yn: Give me a minute, at least.

Disco: Alright... One minute, starting... Now.

Yn:!

Yn:(mind) Okay, okay! What's the trick here?

Yn:(mind) He's using a sword... A sheathed sword... That should be considered a weapon, and have a weight and swing speed limit...

Yn:(mind) It looks like we have the same kind of sword... Is the sheath giving it its speed...?

Disco: 10...9...8...

Yn:(mind) Crap, crap, crap! Uhh... When in Rome...?

Disco: 3...2...1...

Approaching me, I sheath my blade, turn around, making him go in a dash.

I then twist back around and swing my sheathed sword as fast as I could.

Disco: Hmph!

(Clang)

To my shock, the sword moved as fast as he could move his.

Disco: Figured it out, huh?

The two of us began swinging our sheathed blades at high speed, clashing with each swing.

It was like an anime battle.

Yn: How is this a thing?!

Disco: A sheathed sword is not in the weapon category, but the storage category.

Disco: Any item that isn't in the weapons category and doesn't do more than one point of damage can be moved however fast you want.

Disco: Not a lot of people know about this because not a lot of people realize they can move faster than their normal bodies in Life.

Disco: Like a metal barrier or something.

Yn: They're going to patch this one day.

Disco: Not any time soon. Have any idea how many items that this trick can be used with?

Yn: Cool. Any other loopholes of the game you can tell me?

Disco: Tons... But there's something we need to discuss first.

Blocking my sword, Disco pulls his blade out and quickly knocks me down to low health.

Disco: Kid, you're going to help me win this tournament.

Yn:?

Yn: You want my help?

Disco: Not exactly... Originally, my pals were supposed to help me... But you killed two of them and got the other one slain.

Disco: So you'll have to take their place.

Yn: Hm?

Disco: Help me win the tournament and you can have the prize money.

Yn: All of it?

Disco: Yeah, I don't need it.

Yn: If not for the money, then why are you trying to win?

Disco: That's classified. You're going to need to earn that knowledge.

Disco: Are you in or do you want a sword through your head?

Yn: I'm in.

Disco: Betrayal will lead to death, remember that.

Putting our weapons away our talk continued, as we head back towards my land.

Disco: Right now, we have two territories between us, this place and your place.

Disco: It will take a while before anyone is going to try and conquer other lands.

Disco: Right now, everyone is going to race to get some good gear.

Disco: We're going to try and get some basic gear and head out.

We arrive at my land.

Disco: So go-

Disco:.....

Disco:... Jeez... You must have a had a large war here...

Yn:... War...yeah...

Disco: I don't think there's much we can get from here...

Disco:(sigh)... Okay, kid... Here's what we're going to do.

Disco: I'm going to get us some resources by mining and shit.

Disco: You're going to go steal it from others.

Yn: What? Why me?!

Disco: No offense, but between you and me, who do you think is more recognizable?

Disco: I'm probably number one on everyone's hit list.

Yn:... Anything in particular you want?

Disco: Guns, tech, magic, I don't care, get everything, cause chaos, kill players.

Disco: I'll be here at sunset to get the items you take.

Yn: Okay...

Disco: Do good, I'll teach you some more tricks.

Putting myself in danger wasn't something I liked, but working with the king of life, my odds of winning will skyrocket.

Of course, I didn't trust the fact that he didn't want the money, at least until I learned of the reason why,

For now, I craft a new mask and set out after being taught one more trick.

(Ending theme)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.2K 1.2K 14
It was a simple game requested by an anonymous fan. A simple thriller game that Jack couldn't pass up. Although, he's about to find out that the da...
123K 6.4K 87
---HIGHEST RANKING #17 IN FANTASY--- At the official release of the first-ever fully immersive Virtual Reality, an unnamed cyber-terrorist has hacked...
326 29 99
On one day in the year of 2060, a billion people were thrilled and excited to play a new and highly anticipated vr game, with no visual difference fr...
100K 5.2K 56
The new VRMMORPG DragonCrest Online was one of the top rated games in history and players flocked by the millions to purchase the console. I, Kaiser...