Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever O...

By dalnim4419

More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
Hey!
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45

32

4.2K 111 3
By dalnim4419

The week went by in a flash.

Lorenzo and I are currently packing our luggages since we're going to spend a week in Toronto to oversee and finalize the whole opening project.

"I got all the necessary paperwork and files ready. We can leave in 20 minutes for the airport" I informed.

"Can you stop acting like a low-life secretary?" Lorenzo looked at me as if he was already done with me being his secretary.

"Why?" I let out a laugh.

"I'm not used to seeing you like this. Besides if we go there, you're not my temporary secretary, you are the wife of the CEO of Maxfield Industries, hence, you will finalize everything that is necessary" Lorenzo said in a strict tone to which I couldn't say no.

"Yes, Mr. Maxfield" I sighed before the driver got our luggages in the car.

Lorenzo and I were to take a private jet, perks of being a billionaire.

"You can sleep all the way" Lorenzo lightly patted my head as I sat all so comfortably just a few minutes after we took off.

"Enzo?" I turned to see Lorenzo who was still typing away on his MacBook.

"Hmmm?" He hummed, his gaze still fixed on the MacBook screen.

"Why don't you take a break? You look really tired" I suggested.

"I'm good. I'll finish this" He declined.

After exhaling sharply, I walk over to where he sat and closed his laptop.

"Nat, go and rest while I finish this" Lorenzo gave me a glare.

"It's not very important anyway" I reasoned, sitting next to him.

Lorenzo is such a workaholic. He ignores his family for his work and that's making them drift away.

I swear, he won't even have time to spend with our kids-

Okay, girl, that's too far in the future. Relax.

"What're you thinking about?" Lorenzo turns to look at me.

"N-Nothing" I stammered.

Lorenzo gave me a suspicious look before turning away.

"Don't you feel like quitting?" Lorenzo asked, his gaze fixed out of the window.

"It's hard being a secretary but I'm good. Besides it's just for a few weeks" I answered, flipping a few pages of a magazine.

"I mean, being coaxed in an arranged marriage" He looks at me.

"It's not as hard as I thought it would be. I mean, your mood swings are hard to deal with but I've gotten used to peeling all the outer layers of you inorder to find the sweet man buried deep under" I chuckled.

"Didn't you hate me?" Lorenzo asked again.

Yes, I hated you but things have changed.

How can I even tell you that?

"What's all these deep thoughts discussion that we keep having all the time?" I furrowed my eyebrows in disgust as I stood up to walk to the washroom.

I didn't even turn to study Lorenzo's facial expressions nor did he say anything else.

What is this unknown feeling? Why is it bothering me so much?

I look at myself in the mirror when I feel the sudden urge to puke.

As I puked in the toilet bowl, Lorenzo knocks on the door.

"Nat? Are you okay?" He asked.

I didn't reply as I hurled into the toilet bowl once more.

Lorenzo forcefully opens the door and pulls my hair away from my face as he knelt down next to me.

"I seem disgusting. Please go" I tried to send him away but he was more reluctant than I was.

He stood at the door as I brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth.

"Ma'am, are you okay? Can we get you something?" One of the air hostess inquired.

"I'm good. Thank you" I smiled.

"Can't you see that she's sick? Get her some medicine. She might've consumed something her stomach couldn't digest" Lorenzo spoke in a harsh tone, sending her away.

"Enzo, you can't talk like that to people. They were literally being the sweetest person" I placed a hand on Lorenzo's arm.

"But it kills me to see you in this state. Now, what did you eat wrong this time?" Lorenzo asked, his eyes demanding the truth.

"I might've eaten some left over pizza last night" I let out a light laugh, afraid of Lorenzo's reaction.

"Natalie, there're so many things for you to eat and you settled on leftover pizza? Can you make me stop worrying for you all the time?" Lorenzo let out a sigh.

"Y- You worry about me?" I asked.

Okay, maybe I didn't mean to ask him, I was just thinking but it flew out of my mouth without a second thought.

"Obviously, Nat. Maybe I was a really cold and ruthless person, but I still have a heart and I'm still a human being with feelings. Of course, I worry about you. You're my wife" Lorenzo reasoned, his arms gripping the wash basin behind me, now leaning in closer.

So close, I could feel his minty breath on my face.

Without saying a word, I leaned in closer to place a soft peck on his lips.

"What was that for?" He asked, confused at my sudden actions.

"Nothing, I'm just glad I met you" I smiled.

"Okay, now, we gotta go rest. I'm sure you'll want to overwork once we get there" I quickly changed the topic before Lorenzo could do anything else.

"Mrs. Maxfield. Your phone has been ringing a few times" The same air hostess informed me after giving me medicine for my nausea.

I check my phone to see missed calls from my cousin, Natasha.

"Hey, Natasha? What's wrong?" I asked as soon as she picked my call.

"Nat! You and Lorenzo are on the front page of the magazine. And your wedding has been named the wedding of the year. I mean, it was last November but people aren't expecting any wedding much more grand than yours, hence the title" Natasha squealed on the phone.

"Okay, okay, calm down. It's not something to be proud of. It is just one of the public's assumption" I tried to calm her down.

"I'll send you the pdf of the magazine. You need to check it" Natasha said before hanging up.

I sighed at my cousin's excitement. Probably because until a few days ago, Lorenzo and I were in a contract and the wedding was all fake.

I am brought out of my trance when my phone dings with a notification.

I open the file that Natasha has sent me and lo and behold! There's me and Lorenzo looking picture perfect on the front page of the magazine, with the tag "Billionaire Couple's Wedding : The Wedding Of The Year".

I flip the pages and see all the professional snaps taken at our oh-so grand wedding.

"What're you reading?" Lorenzo asked as he tried to peek into my phone.

"It's just some stupid magazine" I tried to shoo him off but Lorenzo was adamant to peep in.

He snatches my phone and goes through the file format of the magazine.

"Holy- Who's this beautiful damsel!" Lorenzo gasped in a very dramatic tone.

My heart started beating furiously as he admired each and every snap.

"You- You think I'm beautiful?" I stammered.

Lorenzo turns to look at me.

"Of course, you are. You're beautiful, has good hair, is tolerant of me and is very, very successful. That's what I call beauty with brains" Lorenzo said with a straight face.

"Enzo? You mean your words?" I asked him a second time.

"Nat, why is it so hard for you to trust me?" Lorenzo sighed.

"I- nothing. Thanks for the compliment" I forced a smile.

"Natalie, you sure are something" Lorenzo chuckled and left.

He complimented me. He called me beautiful.
He called me a beauty with brains.

Are we going to come to common grounds from now on?

Ever since I got married to Lorenzo, I keep questioning myself and I never come up with appropriate answers. There are times when I don't even understand him but then, at the end of the day, he's still my husband and I have to somehow, come to a conclusion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.3M 378K 66
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
52.4K 938 25
95K 3.6K 20
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
78.1K 2K 30
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...