Be Creative

By Starskulls

PLEASE DO NOT REPOST MY STORY ANYWHERE. THANK YOU. Lila succeeded in taking everything Marinette held dear t... More

Chapter 1: A Dreary Day
Chapter 2: Read You Like a Book
Chapter 3: Pawns
Chapter 4: Practice What You Preach
Chapter 5: Two Became Four
Chapter 6: Assemble the Players
Chapter 7: The Queen Makes a Move
Chapter 8: Countdown
Chapter 9: I am MDC
Chapter 10: Damage Control
Chapter 12: Who?
Chapter 13: Ashamed and Alone
Chapter 14: A Storm is Brewing
Chapter 15: A Game Within a Game
Chapter 16: The Final Vote
Chapter 17: Today is the Day
Chapter 18: Act 1
Chapter 19: Act 2
Question Session
Chapter 20: Act 3
Chapter 21: Act 4
Chapter 22: The Final Act
Epilogue: The Closing Curtain
NOT A CHAPTER BUT AN ANNOUNCEMENT
BE CREATIVE: HIDDEN EDITION

Chapter 11: A Crack in the Kingdom

6.8K 219 74
By Starskulls

Marinette was currently in the girl's toilets, sobbing with her knees pulled up to her chest. Tikki was currently beside her, trying to comfort her but also watching out for any potential akumas. Her clothes were starting to smell as well as stain. Her hair had become all matted too. How could they do this? They all just ganged up on her, even when she stayed calm. Her tear streaks stained her cheeks as she looked up at Tikki with blurred vision.

"Why...?" she sobbed.

"This has gone far enough. I will not stand for this!" Tikki said, trying not to let her anger get the best of her.

"The plan aside... I don't know how much more I can take," Marinette said as she hung her head.

She was aware that Morgana anticipated this but at the same time, she never thought they would go this far. A knock on the door then made her look up and for Tikki to hide. She pulled her feet up closer in case it was someone from the class.

"Marinette?" a kind voice asked. Marinette blinked. She knew that voice.

"Aurore?" she asked.

"Yes. I have a spare outfit for you. Mireille is watching for akumas and two others are keeping the class away," Aurore explained.

"I can't take your clothes..." Marinette said.

"I won't take no for an answer! You've done so much for us, some clothes doesn't even begin to show how much we care about you," Aurore replied, warming Marinette's heart. Her hand then cautiously slide through the crack of the door, taking the bag from Aurore.

"Thank you," Marinette said, wiping her tears away. As she pulled off her messing leggings, a thought then came to her. "What happened after... you know."

"Well, the cafeteria could have killed the akuma class with their glares. Think they went for ice cream. Although I did see that new girl on the phone with a scowl on her face. I think she was talking to someone called Kagami? And mentioned someone called Luka?" Aurore said thoughtfully.

"Oh good," Marinette said in relief. She knew Morgana was no good when it came to emotions, but she knew that she had her wellbeing in mind. Also, Morgana knew how protective they were, she was probably going to prevent a double akuma.

"They your friends?" Aurore asked. Marinette paused as she came to think of an answer in order not to expose Morgana.

"Yeah. Morgana is friends with everyone. I think she got Kagami's number since they like playing chess outside of school together. She probably told her about Luka," Marinette said, putting on the freshly scented new clothes.

"Oh, makes sense. I should introduce her to people outside the class. She's not a bully, right?" Aurore asked, not knowing much about the girl.

"No, she's nice. Just shy. She's really smart, you know she beat Lila in chess in three moves?" Marinette said, putting the spare clothes in the plastic bag and stepping out.

"Three moves? Oh, I like her already!" Aurore laughed, then giving Marinette a hug.

"Thank you so much," Marinette said gratefully. Her mind then wandered back to the class. How would she manage her emotions now? Aurore noticed how tense she got. She pulled away and looked into her eyes.

"You worried about your next class?" she asked, getting a nod in return.

"I know Miss Bustier will want me to apologise," Marinette said, making Aurore blink twice at this.

"I'm sorry what?" she asked, quite sure she didn't hear her properly.

"Miss Bustier usually makes me apologise when they... do things. Saying I should set an example by being the better person," Marinette said, making Aurore go red with rage.

"I cannot..." she started but inhaled deeply and breathed out. "How long has this been going on?"

"Too long," Marinette admitted.

"You are not going to apologise. If she asks you to, say that Ms Mendeleiev says you don't have to," Aurore instructed.

"How will that work?" Marinette asked.

"Just put your foot down. I will vouch for you. We all will," Aurore said. Oh, if she cried before, Marinette would definitely be crying again soon.

"I don't know what to say," Marinette admitted.

"Don't say anything. Just don't apologise!" Aurore said with a laugh, taking the bag of ruined clothes away from her.

Lunch couldn't have gone fast enough. Marinette decided to go to class early so she wouldn't be cornered again. She took a deep breath, composed herself and make sure that her bag was safely placed between her legs. She didn't need anything going missing again. Speaking of which, she rested her hand on her phone in her pocket. She had checked it before she came in but there was no text about her application. That was either good or bad. But again, she wasn't going to jinx it. The bell finally rang, and the rest of the class poured in. Marinette looked out the window as people took their seats.

"Hey Marinette," a familiar voice said. Marinette turned to see Adrien standing there. He seemed to be hiding some discomfort on his face. Marinette forced a polite smile on her face.

"Hello Adrien," she replied.

"So... I guess it's a good thing you had some spare clothes," he said as he rubbed the back of his head. Was that supposed to be a joke? Marinette could have smacked him.

"I didn't. Aurore helped me out by giving me some of her spare clothes," Marinette said, doing her best to remain calm.

"Oh, that was nice of her," Adrien said with a smile. Not even a 'I'm sorry I didn't help?' or even something to comfort her? Oh, that was it, she was so done with him. How did she ever even like him?

"It was, guess it's good to have a friend who'd do that for me," Marinette said, with a slight tone to it. It was only small but even so, Adrien felt himself flinch. He went to say something else, but Marinette turned her face to the front. Adrien headed back to his seat, slightly deflated as Miss Bustier walked in.

"Hello everyone! I was just having a word with Lila outside and it seems that there was a little incident at lunch time," Miss Bustier said, causing murmuring and for looks to go on Marinette's direction. Lila looked slightly annoyed that Marinette had new clothes, especially ones that seemed quite nice.

"It was Marinette's fault, she made a fool of Lila but not giving her the sheets for the president's role," Alya declared. Morgana twitched in her seat as did Marinette but she remembered what Aurore said.

"I see. What was the reason for Marinette being covered in food?" Miss Bustier asked. Funny how she didn't ask Marinette if she was okay. Man, she sucks, Morgana thought.

"Marinette was just clumsy," Alya said with a wave of her hand.

No one in the class objected but Adrien seemed to shift in his seat slightly. Coward, Morgana thought. Morgana opened her mouth to say something in her character but then she noticed a small look from Marinette. Seems the Queen is moving again, Morgana thought, visualising her chess board.

"Well, Marinette, it was rather unfair of you not to give Lila the sheets. Granted I am glad you have a change of clothes but that was your own fault. Why don't you apologise to her and have a personal meeting with her and go through the rules for her," Miss Bustier said with a smile. Lila looked less than pleased at that last part, but she could twist it to get her way. Marinette was even more less pleased.

"No, I will not apologise, and I will happily explain why," Marinette said cheerily.

"Pardon?" Miss Bustier said in shock, and everyone else seemed surprised at this.

"I gave Lila the binders, which you checked through yourself when I resigned and you said it was fine. If Lila couldn't find me to ask about it, then she could have gone to the meeting room to ask for a new copy. Aurore is the main leader of the meetings and since Lila says she knows people at the television station, she could have gone at the weekend before the red-carpet event. Aurore has a personal email she puts on the school website too, so she could do that. As for the food event, well I am just thankful Aurore was kind enough to help me with cleaning myself up," Marinette said calmly.

"Well..." Miss Bustier said as she tried to think of something. No one knew really want to say at this. Alya just looked annoyed as did Lila. What Marinette basically said was full proof.

"Advantage, Marinette," Morgana mumbled.

"It still would have been nice of you to help Marinette," Lila said quietly, trying yet again.

"Well Lila, Alya was my deputy after all. She could have helped you. Since you are besties," Marinette said sweetly.

"That is true. Alya why didn't you help Lila?" Miss Bustier asked, turning her attention to the blogger, who looked surprised, yet still annoyed.

"Huh that makes sense. How come you didn't know anything?" Alix asked suddenly.

"Come to think of it, I never did see you plan stuff after school with Marinette. You were always with me," Nino said.

"Alya, this is unacceptable. I will not have Lila burdened because you are neglecting your duties," Miss Bustier said sternly. Are you kidding? Now she tells her off. Alya always slacked off whenever Marinette needed help, leaving her sisters with her too and not even paying her. Bittersweet justice, Marinette thought.

"But...!" Alya spluttered.

"Am I clear?" Miss Bustier warned.

"Yes..." Alya pouted, shooting a glare at Marinette. Not my fault you're a slacker, Marinette thought. It cheered her up a little, but she was still pretty upset from earlier. She felt a buzz from her phone and opened it quickly. It wasn't anything from the school, but it was someone who made her heart flutter.

...

GuitarHero:

I just found out about what happened. Kagami and Morgana told me.

Can you meet me after school? At my place?

...

Marinette almost squealed. Was this a date? No, it wasn't. it couldn't be! He didn't say that it was. Unless she said it was. But wouldn't that seem desperate? Why were relationships so complicated?! They weren't even in one! Gah! Well, she hadn't had a confirmation from the school, nor any instructions from Morgana. So why not?

...

SweetSeamstress:

Sure!

...

Morgana noticed the smile on Marinette's face, instantly knowing that Luka was on the other end of the phone. Only he could get her to smile like that. As the pathetic teacher carried on with the lesson plan, Morgana tuned out her voice and shut her eyes. When she opened them, the classroom had gone black, and she saw her desk in front of her. There laid her plan. There were also lard pieces of cards placed on the desk, all labelled with something, with a tick mark next to it.

Elena Wilder

Gabriel Agreste

Victims

Bullies

Schools

MDC

Lies

There was one final piece of card that was there, one that was not ticked. One that needed to be ticked very soon.

Justice

"Morgana, are you listening?" Miss Bustier called, making her blink once more and to be brought back into the real world.

"Y-Yes. Just tired," Morgana said with a smile.

Turning back to the board, Morgana then looked at all her pawns that lay in front of her. They would be knocked down soon enough. Her eyes then fell on Lila, who quickly looked back to the front of the class. Lila obviously knew nothing of her plans but the fact that she never associated herself with the liar was clearly annoying her. She had tried to corner her once but that turned against her. Lila clearly had something in mind for Morgana but she knew better than to be on her own against Lila. While she was seen as the shy new girl and had caused no arguments, Lila still had a firm hold on everyone and would be quick to blame any incident on her. Oh wait...maybe that's what the issue was. A new girl comes into the frame and soon MDC makes a move. Nice try Lila, Morgana thought. Not taking her eyes away from the board, she typed something in her phone and sent it off and put her phone away. Five minutes went by until the sound of buzzes and alarms went off in the class. Phones were whipped out faster than cream. Even Miss Bustier's went off.

"Oh my! MDC just released another tweet!" Rose squealed.

"Maybe it's a new design!" Mylene said in excitement.

"Oooh!" Marinette said, playing along with everyone.

Lila's eyes locked on Morgana. She seemed just as excited to see MDC's tweet. Guess she wasn't MDC. She didn't even tweet just now. That was annoying. No matter. Since it wasn't Morgana, she could still milk the attention.

"Wonder what she said..." Adrien said in curiosity. He was extremely perplexed about this design, mainly because it made his father mad. There was an attached image of the designer's desk with a few tools and a question mark on a piece of paper.

...

MDC_Official

Designing is my life and inspires me. You have all been so kind.

Q&A - What inspires you?

...

"Oh wow, a question-and-answer session!" Alix said, immediately answering with a sports related answer. Many people followed suite with their own answer, even the teacher did it.

"I'm going to ask her for an interview!" Alya said, frantically typing.

"How is she going to give you an interview when she doesn't even want to show her face?" Nathaniel asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I have an insider! She's like Lila' sister! She can help!" Alya said, with a smile from Lila but she silently wanted to kick the blogger.

"Not from what I saw," Kim said with a snicker.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Alya snapped.

"If she's like a sister to you, how come she didn't acknowledge you? You said you were her inspiration. She didn't even mention you in the tweet," Max said.

"That is true..." Sabrina mumbled.

"This is amazing..." Marinette said quietly.

She didn't post that tweet. She knew for a fact that Luka was working and that Kagami was in school, and no phones were allowed. So, the only other person... Oh she was so going to give her a Queen Bee outfit for this.

"I-I mean she didn't want to blow her cover," Lila said with a laugh, hiding the nervousness that went with it.

"Well, why not say that you inspired her in the tweet! That would lead to an interview!" Alya said excitedly, and before Lila could even stop her, Alya typed in an answer.

...

Lady_Blogger

Everything is inspiring! But I bet another inspiration of yours is Lila!

She's like your sister!

...

"Hey is it a good idea to post that? What if people attack Lila for it?" Adrien asked, being a genuine question.

"Aw you're so thoughtful Adrien!" Lila gushed, leaning over and kissing his cheek, to which he flinched slightly. Morgana was quick to get a picture of that without anyone seeing. While she didn't like the boy, harassment wasn't something anyone deserved.

"He has a point," Nino stated.

"Ummm..." Marinette then said loudly, making everyone look towards her.

"What is it Maritr-," Alya said but halted when she realised the teacher was still in the room.

"You didn't tag Lila's account right?" Marinette asked.

"No, not yet. I'll post again later if I don't get a response. I will until I get one," Alya said, a little confused by the question. Lila was too.

"Blogger harassment. Nice," Morgana said silently, making a note in her head. Naturally the group would help answer these questions after school or whenever they were all free. Then the real fun would begin.

"Well I believe you when she's like your sister Lila, but have you seen what other people have said?" Marinette asked. Everyone turned to their screens and looked at the responses. Lila shot Marinette a scowl, who simply gave a polite shrug in response.

...

BrushYourTeeth: You are my inspiration! Remember when we went shopping together?

I_Eat_Stuff: How could you forget? We are best buds girl! I'm your inspiration!

Fansoffans: I don't even need to answer that when we've been friends for years!

...

"Guess you're not the only one who knows her Lila," Rose said in amazement.

"They're clearly lying," Alya said.

"But they're saying things similar to Lila..." Ivan said.

"Yeah..." Nino said.

"Come on guys, why would I lie?" Lila said with a hint of desperation. Stupid internet, Lila mentally screamed.

"Yeah why would she? There's no reason to doubt the word of your bestie right Alya?" Marinette said sweetly.

"Obviously not!" Alya said defensively.

"Okay, that's enough! Back to the lesson!" Miss Bustier said, turning off her phone, after posting her own answer of course.

Mainly on how she was such a great inspiration for students. Many students pondered the thought of what just happened as they put their phones away. Marinette was dancing on the inside right now. Not just because she had a date with Luka. But because now... it was finally happening. Lila's kingdom was starting to crumble.

Morgana was closing in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.7K 1.4K 50
Created: 03/08/2023 Finished: 29/09/2023 ________________________________ I scrapped my Encanto book to do another Miraculous book. This time it has...
5.1K 149 17
Chloe's words finally started to effect Marinette. They effected her badly. No one would notice though, she was good at putting up a front. People st...
1.5K 31 10
!SMUT WARNING!(Later on though) Chat Noir/Adrien, the almighty hero and model of Paris, is in love with Ladybug(also a hero of Paris). The thing that...
3.4K 51 21
"No, no! Don't make me! Please!" *slap* "Listen here! I do as I please whether you like it or not, I wanna get my money's worth!" He spat *forcibl...