Erased (Chaelisa Au)

By Proud_Bitch96

The story is based on ERASED, known in Japan as Boku dake ga Inai Machi. Japanese anime and live action serie... More

Chapter 1: Life Flashlight Before Your Eyes
Chapter 2: The Ten Year Revival
Chapter 3: Lost Time Regained
Chapter 4: A Dark Discovery
Chapter 5: Park Chaeyoung
Chapter 6: X Day (part 1)
Chapter 6: X Day (Part 2)
Chapter 7: Refuge
Chapter 8: The Moment I Missed
Chapter 9: Failure
Chapter 10: The Spider's Web
Chapter 11: Lingering Darkness
Chapter 12: Rescue
Chapter 13: Repeated Scenes
Chapter 14: Intruder
Chapter 14 : Intruder (Part 2)
Chapter 15: Hero
Chapter 16: Chaos Outside the Loop
Chapter 17: Prey
Chapter 17: Prey (Part 2)
Chapter 18: A Town Without Only You
Chapter 18: Continue..(Part 2)
(Extra Chap) Hints of Culprit
Chapter 19: Good Morning
Chapter 20: Waking
Chapter 22: Ace in the Hole
Chapter 23: Resurgence
Chapter 24: Something Wicked
Chapter 25: Treasure

Chapter 21: Begin Again

253 8 6
By Proud_Bitch96

A/N: I don't own this story .

"Come on Lisa, just a bit more." Chaeyoung cheered as Lisa took one painful step after another in trying to get from one end of the parallel bars.

Lisa gave her a grumbled response as she stopped in the center of the parallel bars. She took a deep breath as she steeled herself to continue, her arms shaking slightly as she supported her weight the best she could. They still had a long way to go although Chaeyoung had to admit, Lisa was making great progress. Her doctors even called it a miracle that she was making such a speedy recovery.

It's been two weeks since Lisa had first woken up. She was still very much in the hospital as her medical team decided that keeping her under observation for now. She still couldn't exactly stand and very much relied on crutches whenever she tried walking – which is why Chaeyoung insisted that she use the wheelchair, but Lisa was just too plain stubborn sometimes – around the hospital.

Then of course there was the ongoing surges of crazy press tactics as pretty much every news outlet in the country wanted to do a feature on the girl who woke up from a nine year coma. The media circus was pretty much being handled by her friends, led by Dr. Manoban, and the hospital staff were very keen on cooperating too. So at least there was that.

As for Lisa's case, well, as much as Chaeyoung wanted to see justice get served, her main focus was Lisa for the moment. It was all she could do to keep the fear at bay.

That unsettling fear that something might happen again. That something might take Lisa away again.

Or that someone was coming back for her after all these years.

The hospital security with the press helped eased her worries, although Chaeyoung would be lying if she said that she slept fully peacefully at night either. She was pretty much the one who stayed with Lisa in her room at night. Some nights Dr. Manoban would hang around the waiting area and let the late hours of the evening transform into the early hours of morning pass him by grading papers, nodding to sleep on those uncomfortable hospital chairs, and sometimes just keeping watch.

Chaeyoung, on the other hand, was allowed to stay with Lisa in her room. Lisa did seem to protest much about this arrangement, she was just eager in trying to re-get to know Chaeyoung and catch up with everything that they've missed the past couple of years.

They kissed, they still kiss, and hold hands too, but they were taking a slow approach to things. To Chaeyoung, it was enough to know that she meant something to Lisa, something special. She was more than happy just to know that she felt the same way for her.

They weren't going to rush. They were just them.

An us.

And Chaeyoung was just thankful for the chance.

A chance to enjoy each other's company and just be.

Their friends seemed to get the picture during their visits though, but they decided to keep quiet about it. For now, their main focus was also to keep Lisa safe and help her recover.

After the first few days of being in the hospital, Chaeyoung knew she had to get back to her job – and really she was thankful she gets to be Lisa's PT – which meant that everyone had to step up on the 'Lisa-watch'.

Sehun had a schedule all set-up to make sure no one gives them the slip and get to Lisa. For the most part, they all had their own visiting hours with her, keeping her company. The only time they really couldn't cover was that hour after Lisa's PT session where she mostly just naps Because  she's too tired. She's kept alone during that hour but Tzuyu came up with a plan to stealthily plant a few cameras around the hallway leading to Lisa's room to make sure she was safe. They were supposed to add one in her room too, but then Jennie supposedly made an argument – Chaeyoung wasn't sure what, she wasn't in the room when the plan was drawn up – on why they shouldn't.

As for Lisa, Chaeyoung's just happy that despite the nine years they lost, she still seemed to be the same Lisa she knew, somehow. She sported the same smirk when she won a card game, she was as stubborn as ever, her appetite was back to normal after a few days, although she hated the hospital food. To that end, they've been trying to convince the doctors to let them bring outside food, but her nutritionist was a bit too invested in knowing what she was going to eat and was very strict about things. Sana would sneak her in some snacks whenever she could though.

And of course Lisa was working hard on rehab, even on days like this when she was just mostly frustrated at the pace they were going, when she's just too upset with herself that her body still wasn't exactly back to the condition she remembered it to be.

This despite the fact of said speedy recovery she seems to be having. Sure, none of the doctors could quite explain it, but Chaeyoung didn't mind.

Lisa was slowly but surely getting her bearing again.

There was one thing that Chaeyoung wished she could explain though.

Well, maybe two.

The first is just the general weirdness of things. By weirdness, Chaeyoung meant Lisa's strange display of knowledge on things she shouldn't know about.

For example, just a week and a half ago, Chaeyoung returned to Lisa's room after work to find Lisa humming, and then softly singing to a song she's never even heard before. Three days later, Chaeyoung hears the song on the radio after the artist was interviewed about the release of her new single. How on earth did Lisa even know the song beforehand? Chaeyoung didn't, and she was sure everyone else visiting her wasn't aware of it either.

And then two days after that discovery, Lisa was back to the swing of things with compose song. Her dad bought her a new laptop to keep her entertained whenever she was left alone. It took her all but ten minutes to figure her way around the latest model before she started setting things up. In half an hour, she was back at it with her genius beats and nice lyrics.

Then there was that time when the two of them were talking about Chaeyoung's senior year at high school. There was a school trip that Seungri had been trying to organize as part of their music program at school, some show to watch in the city. All of a sudden, Lisa comments on the idiot that Sehun almost got in a fight with while they were exploring the city after the matinee show they caught and how Jennie managed to get him out of trouble. Chaeyoung looked at Lisa strangely then, "How'd you know?"

"Um, I… Sehun told me…" Lisa replied, trying to hide the fact that she was rather surprised by Chaeyoung's question. Or perhaps she was surprised in knowing it herself.

But before Chaeyoung could press on any further – she decided to shrug that off to Sehun probably actually telling her that story – Mina, Ji hyo, and Tzuyu swung by.

And that's when an even greater curiosity occurred.

Chaeyoung didn't meet the three until her sophomore year of college. The most that they know of Lisa was through them and Ji hyo's and Mina's fathers who were friends with Dr. Manoban. The three of them decided to wait a while since Lisa woke up before showing up at the hospital before properly introducing themselves. It was a group decision they made regarding Lisa and slowly letting her know what they've been up to with their investigations. No, they don't want to influence Lisa's memories much and make her an unreliable narrator or witness but they figured that if they were going to work together at some point, getting to know each other was inevitable.

They decided to take the baby steps with that visit. Besides, both Ji hyo and Mina thought that getting to know Lisa was just right, especially how their fathers were friends anyways.

But just as they stepped inside, Lisa looked up at them and greeted them with a "Hey, how's it been?" as if she had known them.

Both Ji hyo and Mina stopped on their tracks and exchanged looks then while Tzuyu simply looked at Lisa questioningly.

They were all pretty much just astounded to find out that Lisa knew them by their names. Again, Lisa had tried to hide the surprise in her tone when she chucked it up to some misunderstanding, reasoning out that her dad talked about them so much that it felt like they've known each other for ages, especially when he was still trying to get her to go out and have friends her age when she was little.

Tzuyu didn't look like she bought the excuse, but Ji hyo and Mina accepted it nevertheless. Apparently their fathers both had mentioned Lisa once or twice when they were younger too, as Dr. Manoban's daughter of roughly the same age of course.

But as soon as they left, Chaeyoung couldn't help but voice out the question in her head. "How, Lisa? How did you know who they are?" she had asked. "And don't make up excuses, I know you don't remember exactly, but you once promised that you're never going to lie to me."

Lisa had simply nodded them and looked at Chaeyoung dumbfounded. "I don't know." was her truthful response. "I just do. I have no idea how."

The second thing was the nightmares. It started as strange flashes of things that couldn't quite make sense, or so Lisa would tell her after she wakes up in cold sweat. But they came more frequently as the days went by. Nightmares when Lisa would find herself screaming, jolting right up as she wakes up from them. Chaeyoung never wasted a second and would always immediately sit up herself, and try to figure out what's happening. She'd pull her into her arms, remind Lisa she wasn't alone, and gently ask what was wrong. And when she would ask, Lisa would take a deep breath and try to figure things out with her, talk about what she dreamt about. Strangely enough, it was never about her incident.

It was finding her dad bloody on a kitchen floor with a knife sticking on his back. Something that Chaeyoung initially reasoned that she was still probably frightened by what she had experienced and her fears were manifesting themselves in nightmares that could make her feel the same way she did before she nearly died. That perhaps she still wasn't fully prepared to relive the moments that happened to her.

It was watching Baekhyun be arrested from out far. Something that Chaeyoung couldn't really explain but she reasoned that maybe Because  Baekhyun hasn't visited or seen her, she was just missing him or something like that.

It was finding the trash bins with Chaeyoung's coat and gloves outside their house. Something that Chaeyoung couldn't come up with any reasons with that she decided to hold Lisa tightly in her arms to calm her down, promising her that she wasn't going anywhere. She didn't feel like it was the perfect time to talk about what she had gone through with her step-mother then, she figured that's probably why Lisa had that dream – again, her subconscious trying to tell her something. Her emotional state when she woke up was enough to save it for a later date.

It was being in a dark alley way, covered in blood with no place else to go. Chaeyoung wasn't sure but perhaps that was an allusion to when they couldn't find a safe place to keep her. It was purely conjecture at that point Because  she wasn't exactly sure what she was dealing with then, and why Lisa was having all these nightmares that rocked her to her core. Chaeyoung felt helpless about it, all she could really do was be there for Lisa and so that's what she decided to do.

It was being surrounded by police cars at some sketchy bridge in the city that Chaeyoung thought Lisa shouldn't be familiar with since she's never really lived in the city before when they were younger. That was last night, and Chaeyoung wasn't really sure how to respond to it. Instead, she kissed Lisa on her forehead, pulled her close and promised her that they would get to the bottom if things.

It was all truly intriguing, and Chaeyoung wished she had the answers Lisa was looking for, but she didn't.

All she could offer was her time, her attention, her support, and her love.

And she hoped that it was enough.

"Chaeyoung… I… I don't think I can make it…" Lisa said through gritted teeth, snapping her back to the present.

"I believe in you Lisa. You made it this far before, don't give up now. Please?" Chaeyoung replied offering her waiting arms as a refuge for Lisa. Chaeyoung had to admit, every time she'd see Lisa struggle like this, doubt herself no matter what progress she makes, she felt like just running towards her side and whisking her away, make sure she's rested in bed and comfortable. Pampered and taken care of.

But that won't help Lisa in the long run.

So no matter how much Lisa complains, for as long as Chaeyoung knew she wasn't at her physical limit yet, she knew she had to encourage her.

She had to push.

"Come one Lisa. Look to your right, behind me. She's here again." Chaeyoung noted, nodding towards the direction of a teenage girl who always seemed to be hanging around the facilities when Lisa was doing her therapy. She'd watch from out far and always smile and look amazed when Lisa ends up succeeding expectations.

Lisa took a quick glance, looking a bit torn. "Would you let her down?" Chaeyoung then asked, realizing she could use this to motivate Lisa.

"No." she chuckled, shaking her head and ushered on.

And when she reached the end of her road with the parallel bars, Chaeyoung welcomed her into her arms, congratulating Lisa on a job well done before helping her back into her wheelchair.

"Should we finally go say hi to your fan?" Chaeyoung then asked.

"Why not?" Lisa replied with a smile. "Although to be clear, it's you who I don't want to let down the most." she then added making Chaeyoung smile herself.

Things have been going pretty well the past two weeks with Lisa.

Sure, she had about nine years of things to catch up on, but she wasn't in a rush. To her, she just wants to enjoy the time she's getting to spend with her friends who were constantly visiting her. She was also getting to re-establish her relationship with her dad, who might have even cried the night before when he noted that the progress they made that he thought would have been lost Because  of Lisa's memory loss still actually existed, that they were still going on that right path of mending the broken things between them from decades ago.

To be honest, Lisa wished she could remember what had happened that eased the tension in their relationship. But even if she couldn't, she knew, she could feel it, the stories her friends told her, her dad and Chaeyoung too, they were true.

And maybe that's why the progress was never lost at all.

Then of course there was Chaeyoung.

Lisa wished she could remember what had brought them closer together. She wished she could relive the moments in her memories. For now, she would satisfy herself listening to Chaeyoung's stories about what happened back then.

And anytime she'd worry about the past she had forgotten, Chaeyoung would always whisk away the thoughts, kiss her on her forehead and smile. "Don't worry about it. I already told you, our past, I'll remember for the two of us. What happened to you, well, I'm hoping we'll find answers one way or another and catch the guy responsible for it. Just please remember, you're not alone Lisa, not in figuring these things out especially. You have all of us. You have me."

Really, the fact that her friends, after all these years, continued to work towards proving that fact, the fact that Chaeyoung stayed by her side even if they barely had a month of two of an actual history – not counting the pining that Jennie had teased her during her last visit and the stolen glances – was truly remarkable.

But with the good comes the bad, and by bad she totally meant the frustrations she felt with her own progress.

Chaeyoung was kind and patient. She would always reassure Lisa she's doing well with her therapy. The struggle was definitely real, every time she tried to stand up but with Chaeyoung always pointing out the fact that she's made quicker progress than other patients who she had dealt with in the past builds Lisa's hope up.

The fact that she's gained some sort of new friend along the way was a plus.

She can't really lose face now.

No not to Shin Ryujin.

She's seen her around a few times when she does PT. Chaeyoung has most definitely pointed her out a few times. It wasn't until a few days ago that Lisa decided to actually say hi to her, Chaeyoung taking her out for a walk around the hospital garden to get some fresh air. She rarely gets out, what with the insanity that was the press always trying to sneaking in to get the scoop on her, so it was a nice surprise to see Ryujin getting some sun herself, enjoying the fresh air.

As it turned out, she was in the hospital far longer than Lisa was, a young girl with leukemia who was finally getting her shot with an upcoming procedure.

She ended up taking with Lisa and Chaeyoung for at least an hour before they decided to go back inside. After that, Lisa makes it a point to come and check on her whenever she could. The hospital, after all, could be a lonely place for a teenage girl of eighteen.

Especially when you have to be brave to face the outcome of a future you have no control over.

Somehow, Lisa could understand the feeling.

"You're scared, aren't you?" Lisa had asked her earlier while the two talk after her therapy session.

"It's kind of hard not to be." Ryujin had replied truthfully. "Any advice?"

"You have to be courageous." Lisa had then said, remembering a time when Baekhyun gave her the same advice when he was pushing her to have friends.

"Yeah, but how do you become courageous?"

Lisa had looked at her thoughtfully then, trying to remember the last time she ever felt afraid. Her messed up mind won't let her pull up anything but fuzzy memories in her head she really couldn't understand.

But then, Lisa realized she didn't have to think that far back.

She had felt fear recently.

Every single damn time she woke up from her recurrent nightmares.

So Lisa took a deep breath, looked Ryujin in the eyes and said, "I try to think about the things I can't live without. It can be something special, you're favorite food, or maybe a person. I think about that, what I want to see the next time I wake up. Because  of it, I end facing any challenge with a smile on my face. Because  of that of getting to see what it is that I can't live without."

Easier said than done, truth be told.

Because  of that other feeling that comes along with her frustrations.

It usually hits her when she finds herself waking up from her nightmares, and especially when Chaeyoung wasn't around to calm her down.

Panic, sheer panic.

That afternoon, it was Because  of a new dream, a dream of crashing into cold waters, struggling to free herself of a jammed seatbelt. Lisa woke up in cold sweat, jolting right up from her bed that Chaeyoung, who had work to do, had left up at an angle so she could be more comfortable when she wakes up. To her bedside was the food tray which had her laptop and the binder that Chaeyoung had given her, the one her friends had made. Lisa pulled the food tray closer to her to grab the binder and flipped towards the pages that detailed her accident. As she had thought, the details in her friends' notes matched the weird nightmare she had minutes earlier.

Could I… Could I be remembering?

Lisa rubbed her temples as she tried to clear her head. How do you be brave in the face of great uncertainty? When contradicting dreams and nightmares seemed to make up the memories you've lost and have no idea how to piece back together?

How to be courageous when nothing makes sense?

She would think of Chaeyoung, and somehow it would ground her.

But a sick feeling still filled her when thought about some of the worst things that popped up into her mind this past week alone.

Still, somehow, Lisa thought that the answer could be closer to her than she even thought. That it could be in between the pages of that binder that told her of a story nine years in the making.

Lisa focused on the notes in front of her yet again, but nothing. She had to admit, she was getting frustrated with the contradicting memories – if they were memories – and the holes left by the missing links that could connect the truth what was real in her head.

But it just felt too real. All of them.

Dream or nightmare or what really happened.

Like finding Chaeyoung's things in the trash bins outside her house, the overwhelming feeling of distraught that filled Lisa every time the thought of it resurfaces in her mind.

Or that one where she saw her father on the kitchen floor, surrounded by his own pool of blood.

It wasn't always all that bad though.

There was a dream of being in some abandoned bus with Chaeyoung, the Chipmunk Girl pulling her close as they huddled close together on the backseat.

And then there were flashes of what Lisa would like to call curious scenes.

Of her just passing by the playground after escaping a party Sehun had dragged her to, seeing Chaeyoung alone.

Quickly followed by a flash of what Lisa wasn't sure was true or wishful thinking, a flash of her holding Chaeyoung's hand as they walked past the playground one late afternoon.

Then there was her walking Chaeyoung home, helping her with what seemed to be a bag of gifts, Lisa wearing nothing but Chaeyoung's scarf Because  she forgot her jacket. She woke up one morning just as she said goodbye to Chaeyoung after reaching their house.

The next time she fell asleep after that, she started dreaming of leaving her house, same bag of gifts in her hand, before all of a sudden seeing herself running through the woods with Chaeyoung on the way to an abandoned bus.

The bus made sense in way, as Lisa reviewed the notes. It was where they hid Chaeyoung from her step-mom. Although she has still not been retold the full details of the story, her friends did explain to her that she essentially saved Chaeyoung from the step-monster.

But then what's up with the contradicting narratives?

Why isn't anything making any sense?

Why did she see herself in her dreams reading files detailing Sana, Jisoo, and Chaeyoung's deaths?

Something just wasn't right.

And Lisa couldn't quite figure it out.

What actually happened? Chaeyoung died, but she's alive… what the heck is going on?!

Why was she seeing scenes in her head where Chaeyoung goes missing and one where Chaeyoung keeps her promise of giving her birthday gift?

What does it all mean?

Lisa closed the binder, coming up with nothing, as she set it aside and leaned back. She looked at the window, but with the blinders shut closed she really couldn't see much of anything outside. She was hoping she could have something more than the four lonely corners of her hospital room to keep her mind off of things.

She quickly turned her attention to the door after hearing a three tentative knocks. "I hope I'm not intruding." a man by her halfway opened door had said. He was well-dressed in a suit and all, a smile on her face. He was most definitely not one of her doctors, but Lisa felt like she's seen him from somewhere before.

Is he from the press?

"Uh, no, you're not. Sorry, not to be rude, but who are you?"

"Ah, I guess the memory loss is true. I heard from one of your doctors." the man had said as he proceeded to enter, the door closing behind him as he walked towards Lisa, stopping only as he reached the foot of her bed. "Still, I thought you'd at least remember me, Lisa. I suppose if Mr. Lee, I mean Seungri, could have joined me, it would jog your memory a bit. Sadly he's busy being the principal of your old high school now."

Lisa looked at him curiously, studying the lines on his face, the charming smile. His got a bit of gray streaks in his hair now, and he wore glasses too, but overall he still looked fairly young.

And if anything, mentioning the name of Lisa's favorite homeroom teacher did help jog her memory a little.

Because  the man standing right in front of her was his best friend, their guidance councilor, Dong Taeyang .

"Mr. Taeyang?"

He smiles once more as he moves towards the blinds. "Ah, so you do remember me?"

"Well, you were our guidance councilor…" Lisa then said with a shrug. "What I don't get is why you'd come and visit me?"

Taeyang chuckled as he peaked outside. "Looks like we're clear of the paparazzi this afternoon." he noted before fully opening them and turning her attention back to Lisa. "And of course I would. I'm not sure if you've also forgotten about it or not, but you and I got closer towards your last few month or so at school. We talked a lot, about helping others, helping Chaeyoung." he explained as he walked towards Lisa's bed again. "Are you comfortable with that angle or would you like me to lift your bed up a bit more?"

"No thanks, this is perfect." Lisa replied, still looking at him curiously.

As if to answer Lisa's silent question, Taeyang took a deep breath and smiled at her lightly. "We were all crushed Lisa, when we heard about your accident. Teachers shouldn't have favorites, technically speaking, but I suppose you were Seungri's. I guess you can say you were mine as well. You were gutsy, smart despite being lazy with school work. More than that, you proved to be a great friend." he then said. "We couldn't really come see you much back at home, during the start of the investigations relating to your case at least, but Seungri and I swung by as much as we could. We wanted to check on your dad too, make sure the two of you had everything you needed."

"Didn't know you cared deeply about me." Lisa commented surprised to hear this from him.

"What can I say, I couldn't wait to have you wake up again, Lisa. I wanted the man responsible for what happened to you be caught as much as everyone else. You're heroic deeds back then couldn't end in tragedy, after all." he replied as he stepped away and walked towards one of the modular bedside tables next close to the side of the door. "Really can't remember who it was?" he asked, his back turned against her.

"No." Lisa truthfully replied.

"Shame." Taeyang then sighed as he seemed to examine the fruit basket in front of him.

"Sorry if it's not much help, Mr. Taeyang. I think I've apologized for it one too many times, but I wish I could remember." Lisa then replied.

"Oh, don't worry much about it Lisa." Taeyang replied, grabbing the knife next to the basket. "Oh and it's actually councilman Kwon now." he went on to say with a cheerful tone. "I got married."

Lisa chuckled. "Wait, wait, you changed your last name?"

"Yes, it couldn't be helped. My father-in-law was a peculiar man, he was actually the former councilman of the district I represent now. I ended up marrying into the family, so to speak. He hated my first name too, apparently Taeyang from Incheon didn't make any sense so I changed it to Ji Yong."

"Oh, well, I guess he really is peculiar." Lisa found herself commenting as she briefly looked away, turning her attention to the flight of birds that she caught a glimpse of from her open window. The outside scene was a nice change of view to her.

"What's important now is you're awake, Lisa." he then said as he took the seat next to her, placed a plate with an apple by the corner of food tray in front of her and pulled it closer towards his direction with the knife still in his other hand. Taeyang grabbed the apple and began deftly peeling the skin in straight and uninterrupted motion.

"Thanks. Mr. Taeyang, or do you prefer I call you Mr. Ji Yong now or something?"

"Taeyang is fine." he replied before he proceeded to slice the apples before setting it all the plate for Lisa. He pushed the plate closer towards her. He cleared out the peels and grabbed the knife to set them aside. "You should take good care of yourself. I'm glad that something I'm working on is actually able to help someone I know."

"What do you mean?" Lisa then asked, watching Taeyang cross the room to toss away the skin of the apple she was now eating. Taeyang shrugged and examined the blade of the knife for a minute or two as he responded.

"I work with a few groups, supporting foundations and such that work on improving the rehabilitation program in hospitals. For people like you. I was watching you the other day during a visit, you know? Glad to see you putting the facilities to good use, although I think you're still far from good shape." he noted.

"Yeah, I guess I'm just lucky I have Chaeyoung helping me out. If you stick around, she'll be back in a bit. I bet it'd be a surprise to see you."

"I'm afraid I can't stay that long Lisa." Taeyang then said. "I'm only here to attend to some business matters. But perhaps another day." he then replied before setting the knife back next to the fruit basket. "I'll try to come see you as much as I can, if you wouldn't mind the company?"

"That's fine." Lisa replied.

"Good. For now, you take care, Lisa." he then said with a smile as he turned to leave.

Lisa found herself looking out the window once more as soon as the door closed. She could make out some fuzzy image in her head of the same smile Taeyang sported while he was in her room, for some reason it left her with some kind of unsettling feeling.

But for whatever reason she couldn't remember why.

She did remember the words he said, the ones he said before too, that her heroic efforts shouldn't end in tragedy.

So she figured, what he was saying had a bit of truth in them.

Still, she couldn't help but feel that same amount of panic as she felt before when she woke up from her afternoon nap.

If anything, it suddenly intensified.

But why?

What is it? What am I missing?

It was a bright sunshiny day and Jeongyeon  couldn't help but wonder why she was spending it wondering around the hospital garden.

Oh wait, she does. Nayeon had a little work related accident – mostly Because  they shouldn't be doing at work in the first place – and Jeongyeon  was the one who rushed her to the hospital to get treated.

In other words, Nayeon got burned in certain places…

With his parents currently in his room, checking in on him, Jeongyeon  thought to take this time to walk around, clear her head, enjoy the day outside. She didn't want to leave him alone, mostly Because  she does feel like a smidgeon of responsibility for what happened to him. So she figured she'd stick around until the end of visiting hours before leaving him and coming the next day to check in.

The hospital garden wasn't exactly grand but it was pretty enough. For the most part, it seemed that the hospital's patients were the ones mostly enjoying the scenery. That's why she found it odd to see a man with a rather fancy looking camera hiding behind one of the bushes. Jeongyeon  was quick to spot that he was taking pictures of two patients, some sick-looking teenager and a rather thin and pale looking girl in a wheelchair. For some reason, the girl in the wheelchair looked a bit familiar to Jeongyeon , but she just couldn't place where she's seen her before.

So Jeongyeon  decided she had to do what she had to do.

She stormed towards the man, calling him out as she grabbed his camera and broke it. The ruckus she was making seemed to have caught the attention of the people around him, and at the earliest sight of security, he started scurrying off to find the nearest exit.

Jeongyeon  huffed and soon found the girl in the wheelchair wheeling herself towards her with the younger girl with her close behind. She gave Jeongyeon  a curious look for a moment or two before clearing her throat. "Um, thanks for that." she said.

"No worries. I don't get why that sick freak is taking pictures of patients, but I'm glad to have helped." Jeongyeon  replied with pride.

"Media people are probably trying new tricks to get an exclusive on you, huh, Lisa?" the younger girl commented.

"Probably. It's the first time I've actually seen them though. For minute or two, I thought everyone's been exaggerating things." Lisa commented.

"Wait…" Jeongyeon  then said. "Oh, you're the coma girl in the news! That's why you look so familiar!" she went on, finally realizing why she felt like she's seen her before.

"To be honest, I kinda feel like I know you too…" Lisa then found herself saying as she stared at Jeongyeon  a bit intensely. Jeongyeon  was about to make a comment about it when she saw a chipmunk girl running towards them in a hurry.

"Lisa! I heard what happened and came as quickly as I could. Are you okay?" she then noted.

"Y-yeah. You didn't need to rush towards here, I know you're probably busy right now." Lisa commented.

"No, I was on my way here to get you anyways." the chipmunk cheek then replied.

"Don't worry much about it Chaeyoung. This girl helped us here." the younger girl with Lisa then said.

The Chipmunk Girl  give a nod and turned around to greet Jeongyeon  with a smile. "So I guess you were Lisa's hero, huh? I'm Chaeyoung. This is Lisa and Ryujin." Chaeyoung then said, introducing everyone.

"Nice to meet your little family. I'm Ostrich Jeongyeon ."

"Ostrich Jeongyeon ?" Ryujin replied confused.

"We'll stick with Jeongyeon ." Lisa then announced. "Seriously though, dude, how do I know you?"

"Uh, you don't. We've never met." Jeongyeon  replied. "I mean, I'm probably the most popular pizza delivery girl out there. I can't help it, people love me. But again, we've never met Handsome ."

"Wait, why do you think you've met?" Chaeyoung then turned to Lisa to ask.

"I… I don't know…" Lisa mumbled. "Just a feeling." And “Jeongyeon  you can call me Limario”

Jeongyeon  watched as Chaeyoung looked at Lisa and then at Jeongyeon  curiously before shrugging the whole thing off. "I'm just glad you're safe Lisa. Wanna go back to your room? We can invite Jeongyeon  to properly thank her and chat a bit more if you really want to figure out where you've seen her before."

"That might be a good idea. Wanna join us too Ryu?" Lisa then replied.

"Sure." Ryujin chirruped.

"Well, I guess I can grace your hospital room for a visit." Jeongyeon  then replied. "You've got me curious myself."

Chaeyoung chuckled at Jeongyeon 's comment before turning to her once more. "Thanks again, seriously."

"Don't mention it Chipmunk." Jeongyeon  replied. "I have a feeling Handsome Limario here would have done the same thing."

"Oh she probably would've. She's my hero too." she then replied, turning to face Lisa once more and shooting her a wink.

Lisa chuckled. "I really wish I know what I did to deserve such a title." she replied.

Chaeyoung held up her hand in front of Lisa, she seemed to have wanted Lisa to hold her hand or something Because  she didn't move an inch the entire time. "You provided me warmth on the coldest of my days, Manoban, and you made me a simple but sincere promise. You took the first step forward when you were so scared of it, I knew I was. You took the dive and everything else followed suit." she then said making Lisa smile a little.

Lisa took a deep breath, all while Ryujin was looking like a giddy and excited girl behind her. Somehow Jeongyeon  could get the feeling that the two of them were dating or something. If anyone asked her, she approved. The two looked like a cute couple to begin with.

Soon Lisa found herself raising her hand as well, pressing her palm against Chaeyoung's, their fingertips touching each other's. Lisa fixed her gaze upon them instead of fixing them on Chaeyoung's. She looked like she was going to say something but instead she gasped and locked her eyes on their pressed hands.

"Lisa?" Chaeyoung asked worried.

But before Lisa could say anything else, her hand fell down and she lost all consciousness.

"Lisa!" Chaeyoung cried out. Ryujin was shocked herself with what had happened.

And Jeongyeon ?

She was quick to her feet in trying to find them help.

She doesn't know why, but there was something about the girl in the wheelchair.

Something that made Jeongyeon  care about her, just something she couldn't quite figure out.

So maybe they did spend that afternoon chatting.

But if anything, Jeongyeon  promised she'd keep coming back for a visit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 137 7
all this was from 2020 but idk i felt like making it public again
6.1K 263 19
Miyoung finds herself in a tough situation when deceived by a band of vampires wanting to use her as bait against their enemies. One in particular se...
275K 6.4K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
2.1M 109K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...