Young Justice : Hero of Heroes

By ChildOfBeast13

(Y/N), a normal boy who has admired heroes ever since he was 5, but it was impossible for him to become one... More

Bio
Season 1 Chapter 1 : And Then There were 10
Season 1 Chapter 3 : Fireworks
Season 1 Chapter 4 : Welcome to Happy Harbor
Season 1 Chapter 5 : Drop Zone
Season 1 Chapter 6 : Schooled
Season 1 Chapter 7 : Infiltrator
Season 1 Chapter 8 : Denial
Season 1 Chapter 9 :Downtime
Season 1 Chapter 10 : Bereft
Season 1 Chapter 11 : Ghostfreaked out
Season 1 Chapter 12 : Kevin 11
Season 1 Chapter 13 : Homefront
Season 1 Chapter 14 : Alpha Male
Season 1 Chapter 15 : X = Y/n + 2
Season 1 Chapter 16 : Humanity
Season 1 Chapter 17 : Failsafe
Season 1 Chapter 18 : Disordered
Season 1 Chapter 19 : Secrets
Season 1 Chapter 20 : Misplaced
Season 1 Chapter 21 : Coldhearted
Season 1 Chapter 22 : Framed
Season 1 Chapter 23 : Agendas
Season 1 Chapter 24 : The Alliance
Season 1 Chapter 25: Hero of Heroes, (Y/N) 10,000!
Season 1 Chapter 26 : Usual Suspects
Season 1 (Finale) Chapter 26 : (Y/N) 10 Vs Vilgax
(Y/N) 10: Secret Of The Omnitrix - Part 1
(Y/N) 10 : Secret Of The Omnitrix - Part 2
(Y/N) 10 : Secret of the Omnitrix - Part 3
(Y/N) 10 : Secret Of The Omnitrix - Part 4
Season 2 Chapter 1 : (Y/N) 10 Returns
Season 2 Chapter 2 : Earthlings
Season 2 Chapter 3 : Alienated
Season 2 Chapter 4 : Bloodlines
Season 2 Chapter 5 : Good Copy, Bad Copy
Season 2 Chapter 6 : Darkest
Season 2 Chapter 7 : Before The Dawn
Season 2 Chapter 8 : True Colours
Season 2 Chapter 9 : War
Season 2 Chapter 10 : Complications
Season 2 Chapter 11 : Intervention
Season 2 Chapter 12 : Ultimate Alien
Season 2 Chapter 13 (Finale) : It's Hero Time!
Season 3 Chapter 1 : Princes All
Season 3 Chapter 2 : Royal We
Season 3 Chapter 3 : Eminent Threat
The Future Of This Book
Malefactor

Season 1 Chapter 2 : Independence Day

11.2K 194 80
By ChildOfBeast13

Years have passed since the incident of the giant robot that Y/n defeated. After Diamondhead's identity got revealed as a 10 year old boy, Y/n got scolded by the Flash for heading into danger. But he was not the only one scolded. After the giant robot incident both Y/n and his grandfather were taken into police hands for further questioning. 

Max explained everything that has happened that day even about the watch that was latched to Y/n's arm. The police couldn't believe the story as it was so unreal, but they couldn't think up a better conclusion. The police suggested they should examine the unknown device on the boy's wrist, as Max thought it was a good idea as well.

Y/n was brought to many places, a hospital, scientist labs, even the Batcave. Even if he was brought to all those places none of them had a clear idea of what the device was. It was far more advanced than anything they had available or seen, they weren't even to examine it thoroughly as the material the watch was made of was unbreakable. So of course that means Y/n couldn't remove it at all, but he didn't mind.

Not only did the police know about the watch but the whole world knew soon after. Apparently, the day Y/n destroyed the robot as Diamondhead, it was caught on film and uploaded to the internet. At first nobody knew about it, but as time went by Y/n would use the watch in various situations. There was even a time he met another Diamondhead named Tetrax and found out the watch was called the Omnitrix and it was the most powerful weapon in the galaxy. Of course, Y/n would use the Omnitrix for childish schemes with Wally's help. A blogger named Jimmy Jones took interest these extra terrestrial sightings and started to piece things together. He noticed that most aliens had a hour glass symbol somewhere on their bodies that resembled a certain boy with a unique watch. Thus, he revealed Y/n L/n and the Omnitrix. Soon after the press would go to Y/n's house and harass with him questions. He was very popular with people and the media when they found out about the Omnitrix as people were interested in the most powerful device in the galaxy and its wielder.

=======================================================================================================

[5 years later]

Today was the day that all the sidekicks, including Y/n, were going to be inducted into the Justice league. The three were on their way to the Hall of Justice when they got a report that Captain Cold was robbing a Jewelry Store.

Kid Flash: Oh come on!

XLR8: Doesn't he have anything else better to do?

Flash: Alright, alright, enough whining. We'll just pop over there, kick his butt and go meet up with the others.

Kid and XLR8 let out a groan and head over to where Captain Cold was. The three of them got there and started to fight him. Flash, XLR8 and Kid started running around him and Cold started shooting at them but kept missing. He tried shooting at the Flash but he missed hitting a car completely encasing it in ice.

Flash: Stealing ice? Seriously? Isn't that a bit cliché even for Captain Cold?

Kid: *irritated* Come on. We don't have time for this!

Kid pulls his goggles over his eyes and beelines it straight to Cold. Captain Cold turns around and tries shooting at him with his Cold Gun but Kid barely dodges it and takes his Cold gun away from him. XLR8 speeds towards and knocks Cold to the ground.

The Flash speeds beside XLR8 and puts his hand on his shoulder.

Flash: Calm down Kid.

Kid: Oh please, you'll chat it up with the cops, the bystander, with cold even. No. No way! *smiles* Today is the day.

Flash looked over at XLR8 and lifted up his visor and had the same smile on his face.

Flash: Alright let's go.

XLR8/Kid: Yes!

Kid runs off and XLR8 run off leaving the Flash behind. Flash sighs then starts chuckling and runs off following the two. 

In Washington D.C. Robin, Aqualad and Speedy were standing infront of the HQ of the Justice League, the Hall of Justice. They were standing with their mentors: Batman, Green Arrow and Aqulad.

Batman: *puts hand on Robin's shoulder* Today is the day.

Green Arrow: Welcome to the Hall of Justice.

Aquaman: Headquarters of the Justice League.

Kid: Aw man! I knew we'd  be the last ones here.

Everyone turns around to see Kid and The Flash behind them. But oddly enough, XLR8 wasn't with them.

Robin: Where's Y/n?

Kid and Flash look at each other with confused looks on their faces. 

Flash: *to Kid* I thought he was infront of you.

Kid: *to Flash* I thought he was behind of you.

Y/n comes running to the group covered in sweat. He was back to normal and was wearing a black shirt, blue jeans and a green jacket with white stripes on his left sleeve and the number 10 on the right, white socks, and black and white Converse-style shoes.

Y/n: *panting* This thing...has the worst...timing ever.

Robin started laughing and Y/n caught his breath. They all started walking towards the hall. Y/n had his hands behind his head while he was walking. Paparazzi started taking pictures of all of them and started talking.

Bystander: Is that Batman?

Bystander #2: I see Flash and Flash Jr.

Bystander #3: His name's Speedy. Duh.

Bystander #4: No. Speedy's Green Arrow's side kick.

Bystander #5: Well that makes no sense.

Green Arrow: Ready to see the inner sanctum?

Speedy: Born that way.

Aqualad: I'm glad we're all here.

Kid: Have all 4 sidekicks ever been in the same place at the same time?

Speedy: Don't call us sidekicks. Not after today.

Kid: Sorry. First time at the hall. I'm a little overwhelmed.

Robin: You're overwhelmed, Freeze was underwhelmed. Why isn't anyone just whelmed?

They all walk through the door going inside the giant building and saw giant statues of Earth's mightiest heroes.

Robin: Oh. Maybe that's why.

A door that said 'Authorized Personnel Only' and reveals Martian Manhunter and Red Tornado. Manhunter came out and greeted everyone.

Martian Manhunter: Robin, Speedy, Aqualad, Y/n 10, Kid Flash, Welcome.

Martian Manhunter turned around and walked thorough the door. Y/n and Kid fistbumped while following Martian Manhunter.

Martian Manhunter: You now have unlimited access to the gym, our fully stocked gallery and of course our library. 

Flash: *to young heroes* Make yourselves at home.

Y/n, Kid, Robin and Aqualad hop in seats while Speedy remains standing. The leaguers start having a conversation about the 4 ice villains that attacked all on the same day. They turned around and a machine came down and scanned them. 

Machine: Recognized: Batman, 0-2; Aquaman, 0-6; Flash, 0-4; Green Arrow, 0-8; Martian Manhunter, 0-7; Red Tornado, 1-6.

Speedy: That's it? You promised us a real look inside, not a glorified backstage pass.

Aquaman: It's a first step. You've been granted access few others get.

Speedy: *signals to window* Oh really? Who cares which side of the glass we're on?

Green Arrow: Roy, you just need to be patient.

Speedy: What I need is respect.

Speedy: *turns around to the others* They're treating us like kids. Worse-- Like side kicks! We deserve better than this.

Everyone started exchanging looks at each other before looking back at Speedy.

Speedy: You're kidding me right? Your playing their game? Why? Today was supposed to be the day, step one in becoming full-fledged members of the league.

Kid: Well sure, but I thought step one was a tour of the HQ.

Speedy: Except the hall isn't the League's real HQ.

Everyone gained shocked appearances on their faces. 

Speedy: I bet they never told you it's just a false front for tourists and a pit stop for catching zeta beam teleporter tubes to the real thing, an orbiting satellite called the watch tower.

Batman gave Green Arrow a look and crossed his arms.

Green Arrow: I know , I know, but I thought maybe we could make an exception.

Batman glared and Green Arrow frowned.

Green Arrow: Or not.

Aquaman: *to Speedy* Your not helping you cause here, son. Stand down or-

Speedy: *to Aquaman* Or what? You'll send me to my room? And I'm not your son! *looks at Green Arrow* I'm not even his. I thought I was his partner, but not anymore.

Speedy took of his hat and threw it on the floor and started to walk out.

Speedy: Guess they're right about you four. You're not ready.

After that conversation, the screen suddenly turned on and said that they were receiving a transmission. It was answered and it was from Superman.

Superman: Superman to Justice League. There's been an explosion at Cadmus. It's on fire.

Batman: I've had my suspicions about Cadmus. This may present the opportunity to in-

Zatara: Zatara to Justice League. The sorcerer Wotan is using the amulet of Attan to bolt out the sun. Requesting Full League response.

Batman: Superman?

Superman: It's a small fire. Local authorities have it under control.

Batman: Then Cadmus can wait.

Batman: All leaguers rendezvous at Zatara's coordinates. 

Batman: Stay put.

Robin: What? Why?

Aquaman: This is a league mission.

Flash: Your not trained.

Kid & Y/n: Since when?

Flash: I meant your not trained to work as a part of this team.

Aquaman: There will be other missions, when your ready

Batman: But for now, stay put.

Batman, Flash and Aquaman walk off to go to through the door that say League members only.

Green Arrow: Glad you didn't bring you know who?

Manhunter: Indeed.

They both follow behind them and go through the door. Red Tornado looks at the boys and leaves as well.

Kid: *scoffs* When we're ready? How are we ever supposed to be ready if they treat us like-- sidekicks.

Aqualad: My mentor, My king, I thought he trusted me.

Y/n: *to Aqualad* Trust? They don't even trust us with the basics! They've got a secret HQ in space!

Aqualad: What else aren't they telling us?

Robin: I have a better question. Why didn't we leave with Speedy?

Kid and Kaldur both look at the ground while Y/n just rubbed the back of his neck.

Aqualad: What is Project Cadmus?

Robin: Don't know. *smirks* But I can find out.

Robin starts hacking the computer but got denied.

Robin: Heh. Wanna bet?

Robin started hacking the computer again and codes started appearing on the screen.

Kid: Whoa! How are you doing that?

Robin: Same system as the batcave.

Computer: Access granted.

Robin: Alright Project Cadmus. Genetic labs her in D.C. That's all there is, but if Batman's suspicious, maybe we should investigate.

Aqualad: Solve their case before they do. It would be poetic Justice.

Y/n: Hey, they're all about Justice. 

Aqualad: But they said stay put.

Robin: For the blotting out the sun mission, not this.

Kid: Wait are you going to Cadmus? Because if your going, I'm going.

Y/n: And if your going, I'm going.

All three of them turn to Aqualad and smile.

Aqualad: Just like that we're a team on a mission?

Robin: *smirks* We didn't come for a playdate

Aqualad smirks and agrees. All four of them leave the Hall and go to Cadmus.

======================================================================================================

[Timeskip]

At Cadmus, firetrucks were seen trying to put out the fire inside of the building. Two scientist who were trapped inside were screaming for help.

Scientist #1: Help!

Scientist #2: Get us down!

Firefighter: Stay put we will get you out.

As he says that an explosion happens thrusting the two scientists out of the window. Kid Flash races towards the building and runs up it catching the falling scientists and putting them on top of the roof almost falling in the process but grabs a window sill.

Firefighter: It's what his name- - Flash boy!

Kid: Kid Flash! Why is that so hard? 

Robin: So smooth

Aqualad: Does he always have to run ahead? We need a plan.

Y/n: Guess I'm getting Kid up. *activates the Omnitrix*

Aqualad: Wait Y/n, we need a-

Before Aqualad could finish Y/n already slammed down the Omnitrix and...

Stinkfly flew to the window that Kid was hanging from.

Stinkfly: Nice save Flashboy. *snickers*

Kid: Don't make me squash you.

Stinkfly helps Kid up and goes through the window. They both started looking through the room when Robin came through the window. 

Outsidew Aqualad ran up to the firemen.

Aqualad: I need to borrow that.

Aqualad took out his water bearers and took control of the water coming out of the hose and made a platform to boost himself up to the roof of the building.

Aqualad: *to scientists* Step aboard, now.

The two scientists jump onto the platform and Aqualad lowers them to the ground before going through the window.

Aquadlad: *sarcastic tone* Appreciate the help.

Robin: You handled it. Besides, we're here to investigate. Poetic Justice, remember?

Aqualad walked around to investigate more when he saw a shadowy figure with horns in the elevator. Stinkfly, Kid and Robin come running over. 

Aqualad: There was something in the--

Kid: Elevators should be locked down.

Robin ran towards the elevator and started looking at his virtual H.U.D on his gauntlet.

Robin: Thought so. This is a high express Elevator. It doesn't belong in a two-story building.

Aqualad: Neither does what I saw.

Aqualad holds the two elevator doors and pries them apart, revealing a pretty big drop.

Robin: And that's why they need an express Elevator. 

Robin used his grappled gun to hook to the top of the elevator shaft and slowly begins to descend. Stinkfly flies down while Aqualad and Kid grab on to Robins chord and descend as well. They descended for a while before Robin go to the end of his rope. 

Robin: I'm at the end of my rope.

Stinkfly: Guess this is our stop then.

Robin swings towards the elevator and  Aqualad gets to the end and jumps to the elevator holding on to it. Kid came at the end of the rope and Stinkfly flew him over to the elevator.

Robin: Bypassing security. There! Go!

Aqualad opens the door and reveals a bunch of futuristic machinery that doesn't exist.

Robin: Welcome to project Cadmus.

Kid Flash runs off to explore the place.

Aqualad: Kid, wait

Stinkfly: He does this every time. *crosses arms and sighs* Don't worry you'll get used to it.

As Kid was approaching the end of the hallway he hears a thumping sound that startles him and makes him trip and slide into the middle of the hall. The sound was caused by these large alien creatures. They had grey skin, elephant like hind legs and ape like arms. They walked on all fours, using their knuckles as support and had red eyes. 

Kid barely rolled out of the way of the large creature, while everyone else had finally caught up to him. A small creature on top of the large one sees all of them and its horns start to glow.

Aqualad: *sarcastic tone* No. Nothing odd going on here.

Kid: *sarcastic tone* Yes, ignore us and the giant green fly.

The herd of monsters head down the corridor and they didn't notice any of them.

===============================================================================================

Inside a lab with small mutant creatures in pods a scientist was doing an experiment. The scientist placed a drop of a red substance in a vial with a blue crystal inside. The crystal is enveloped in the red substance and cracks making the substance turn into a bright blue. The door to the lab opens revealing a man with a golden helmet and shield with a small mutant creature on his shoulder.

???: Dr. Desmond.

Dr. Desmond: Tell me Guardian, what part of no interruptions did you not understand?

Desmond then places the vial in a canister labeled Project Blockbuster.

Guardian: A G-Gnome on sublevel 26 reports 4 intruders.

Desmond: *sarcastic tone* Oh. Did I miss a perimeter breach alert?

Guardian: No.

Desmond: Then the G-Gnome's confused. Whatever might occur in our faux lab above ground, the real Cadmus is the most secure facility in D.C.

Guardian: My job to keep it that way.

Desmond: Fine. Take a squad.

A skinny G-Gnome with horns came into the lab.

G-Gnome: *to Desmond* Might I recommend Guardian leave his G-Gnome behind? If violence should occur...

Guardian: The little guy would be in my way.

Desmond: No. The advantage of instant telepathic communication outweighs other concerns.

The G-Gnome on Desmond's desk horns start glowing and soon after the one on Guardian's shoulder start glowing.

Guardian: I need my G-Gnome with me at all times.

Guardian turns to Desmond and bows before leaving the room.

==================================================================================================

Robin hacked through a door filled with insectoid creatures in glass canisters emitting electricity.

Robin: Okay. I'm officially whelmed.

Kid: This is how they hid this massive underground facility from the world. The real Cadmus isn't on the grid, it generates its own power with these things. Must be what they're bred for.

Aqualad: Even the name is a clue. The Cadmus of myth created a new race by sowing Dragons' teeth into the earth.

Y/n: Yeah, but instead of a fairy tail land they made mutants. Real question is why.

Robin: Let's find out.

Robin pulls a USB chord from his glove and plugs it into computer.

Robin: They call them Genomorphs. Whoa! Look at the stats on these things- Super strength, telepathy, razor claws. These are living weapons! 

Kid: They're engineering an army, but for who?

Robin: Wait there's something else. Project Kr. *tries to hack but fails* Ugh! The files triple encrypted. I cant-

Before Robin could finish a voice was heard.

Guardian: Don't move!

Guardian came running into the room with a squad of small slender Genomorphs.

Guardian: Wait. Robin, Kid Flash, Aqualad, Y/n 10?

Y/n: *to Kid* At least he got the name right.

Aqualad: I know you. Guardian, a hero.

Guardian: I do my best.

Kid: Then what are you doing here?

Guardian: I'm chief of security. You're trespassing, but we can call the Justice League and figure this out.

Y/n: Do you honestly think the Justice League is gonna approve of you breeding weapons?

Guardian: Weapons? What are you- *G-Gnomes horns start glowing* What have I-Ugh. My head. Take them down hard! No mercy!

Robin threw down a smoke bomb and grappled away leaving Y/n, Aqualad and Kid behind. Kid dodged two Genomorphs and bounced off the wall attacking them and knocking them out before bouncing off the pillar and kicking another Genomorph. Y/n quickly turned into Diamondhead and punched each Genomorph that came after him sending them into a wall. Aqualad threw off a Genomorph trying to climb before kicking one away. 

Guardian charged into Aqualad sending him into one of the computers. The two start fighting before Aqualad shocked Guardian and pushed him off.

The three run out of the room and catch up to Robin in a hallway hacking the elevators.

Kid: Way to be a team player Rob!

Robin: Weren't you right behind me?

Diamondhead: No. We were trying not to die!

The elevator doors opens and Diamondhead, Kid and Robin run inside. Aqualad runs to the elevator and rolls inside and the doors close before the Genomorphs could get in. The elevator they were all in started heading down.

Aqualad: We're headed down?

Kid: Dude, out is up. *points up*

Robin: Excuse me? Project Kr, its down on sub-level 52.

Aqualad: This is out of control. Perhaps-Perhaps we should contact the League.

As Aqualad says the the elevator doors open to reveal sub level 52. The floor looked the inside of an intestine with blue pods coming out of it. Robin runs off leaving the other behind.

Kid: *to Diamondhead and Aqualad* We are already here.

Kid runs off with Diamondhead following him. Aqualad let's out a sigh before following them.

Aqualad: Which way?

Robin: Yeah. Bizarre hallway number one or Bizarre looking hallway two?

???: Halt!

A skinny genomorph with horns appears infront of the four. He used his telekinetic powers to lift two gas canisters and hurl them at the heroes. Robin threw his birdarangs at the Genomorph but they were stopped mid-air. Before the Genomorph could throw anymore, the young heroes had already run down the other hallway.

As they were running a door opened and a female scientist came out of it. Kid ran at superspeed and bumped into her and they both fell to the floor. Kid looked up back at the door and saw that it was closing. He put a long metal canister between the door to stop it from closing.

Kid: Hurry!

Robin and Aqualad went through the door but Diamondhead couldn't fit because of how big he was and the diamonds on his back.

Diamondhead: Uh oh.

The hourglass symbol on the left side of Diamondhead's chest started beeping and flashing red and a red light enveloped Diamondhead and Y/n turned back to normal. Y/n rushed through the door and Aqualad kicked the metal canister closing the door.

Robin: I disabled the door. We're safe.

Aqualad: We're trapped.

Kid: Uh guys. You'll want to see this.

Kid turned on the lights of a pod and inside was an unconscious teenage boy that was wearing a white jumpsuit with Superman's symbol on his chest.

Kid walks towards the Pod and reads the letters on it.

Kid: Big K, little r, the atomic symbol of Krypton. Clone?

Aqualad: *to Robin* Robin, hack.

Robin: Oh, right.

Robin plugs his USB into the computer and starts hacking it.

Robin: Weapon designation Superboy, a clone force-grown in...*shocked* 16 weeks? From Dna acquired from Superman.

Y/n: More like stolen from Superman.

Kid: No way the big guy knows about this.

Robin: Solar suit allows him to absorb yellow sun radiation 24/7. 

Aqualad: And these creatures?

Robin: Genomorph Gnomes, telepathic, force feeding him an education.

Kid: And we can guess what else. They're making a slave out of, well, Superman's son.

Aqualad: Now we contact the league.

Everyone tried to contact the league but couldn't get through.

Robin: No signal.

Y/n: We're in too deep.

Kid: Literally.

Y/n looked back at the pod before looking at the others.

Y/n: *sigh* Well, we can't just leave him down here.

Aqualad: *thinks* Set him free. Do it.

Robin brought up his virtual H.U.D. and opened the pod that Superboy was in. Superboy's eyes opened and he immediately charged at Aqualad and punched him in the face repeatedly.

Kid, Robin and Y/n grab onto him trying to stop him.

Kid: Whoa! Hang on, Supey.

Y/n: We're on your side.

Superboy didn't listen and punched Kid in the face sending him into through a glass tube knocking him out. Robin throws a gas grenade into Superboy's face making get off of Aqualad. Aqualad then kicked Superboy away before Robin used a stun gun which had no effect on the Kryptonian. Superboy pulled the tasers off of him and pulled Robin towards him and slammed him into the ground and put his foot on his chest. 

Y/n: Hero time.

Y/n tried to use the Omnitrix but...

Y/n: Aww man..

Y/n looked up and saw Superboy charged right at him and punched him in the face knocking him out. 

Aqualad: Enough!

Aqualad charged towards Superboy and hit him in the face with a water hammer he made with his water bearers.

Aqualad: We are only trying to help you.

Once again, Superboy didn't listen and charged towards Aqualad. Aqualad dodged out of the way and tackled Superboy into a nearby wall. Aqualad tried to punch Superboy but the Kryptonian clone caught the punch and kicked Aqualad off him.

The two then got engage in some close combat before Aqulad grabbed Superboy from behind and electrocuted him.

Superboy jumped and made Aqualad slam against the ceiling of the room twice knocking him out. Superboy then walked towards the door and ripped it open revealing Dr. Desmond, the skinny Genomorph and Guardian all standing there.

Desmond went inside and saw that the young heroes were all knocked out.

Desmond: *to Superboy* Attaboy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 142 6
Steven and The Crystal Gems have defeated their new enemies from homeworld after escaping capture. While everything is returning to normal, Steven st...
2.3K 63 12
Yume is now a third year at Four Star Academy Middle school division. What will she accomplish now that she is the top star idol? Read to find out! A...
51.1K 878 28
After the Battle of the Northern Water Tribe, Naruto Uzumaki continues his quest to help Avatar Aang master the elements before the end of summer. Bu...
27.4K 358 13
What if a new monster was found . What if just like Susan he was hit by a meteorite but difference being in that the meteorite contained pymite an en...