Never again

By swiftgirlil

Andy and Robert already knew each other when he came back to Seattle to be the captain of station 19, but whe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
A/N
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
A/N - super important quiestion!!!
Announcment!
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 - Epilogue

Chapter 14

947 40 23
By swiftgirlil

They sat in a comfortable silent for about 45 minutes when one of the residents, Dr. Schmitt came towards them.

Andy and Robert both stood up to hear what he have to say.

"Hello. Are you Mr. and Mrs. Sullivan?"

Any thoughts about correcting him but she kind of liked the sound of that, plus all she wanted was to hear what's going on with Maddie and she didn't want to waste any time.

"Yes" Andy said and Robert looked down at her a little surprised, he expected her to correct him and say they weren't married but she didn't and he liked it.

"Would you come with me please?"

Suddenly both of them got nervous. It was a routine surgery, why wouldn't he tell them right there?

"Just tell us please" Robert said a little more aggressively then her tended to.

"You sure you don't wanna go somewhere more private?" Schmit asked them.

"Yes. Please it's out baby girl.. did something happened?" Tears we're welling up in Andy's eyes.

"No nothing happened. She's out of surgery and they just brought her to recovery"

Andy and Robert let out a breath they held all this time since they saw him coming to them.

"Oh my... thank god" Robert pulled andy into a hug.

When they pulled away a moment later andy asked "if everything is okay why did you ask us to go somewhere private?" 

"That's what D.r. Grey told us to do..."

"I meant you should do it if the patient didn't make it Schmitt!" Meredith came behind him.

"You almost gave me a heart attack" Andy let out a chuckle "well technically-"

Schmitt started but he was cut off by Meredith "just just up and go".

"Yes ma'am."

"Oh my god... sorry about that" Meredith chuckled.

"It's fine.. rookies right?" Andy waved her hand canceling Meredith sorry.

"Yeah... anyways, I'll take you to her room she should be waking up any minute now"

"Yes thank you" Robert said.

The couple followed the doctors for a few minutes until they got to Maddie's room.

She was just starting to make up and mumbled things asking for her mother "mama? Mama?" She said repeatedly.

Andy let go of Robert's hand and rushed to the bed Robert only a step behind her, "baby I'm here, mommy and daddy are right here" Robert put one arm around Andy's shoulder giving it a little squeeze.

"Mommy?" Maddie's eyes started to stir and soon enough she was awake and talking.

-

"So the hope is that tomorrow morning you'll be able to go home. She was a super hero! Her surgery went perfectly." Karev said.

"That's great. Thank you so much!" Robert said and shook his hand. "Of course!" He replies and went out the room leaving the family alone.

"How do you feel baby?" Andy asked Maddie as she sat on the edge of the bed.

"Fine" she replied.

"Just fine? What happened? does something hurt?" Andy asked worried.

"No"

"What's going on than?" She was a little confused l.

"I don't wanna sleep here tonight. I wanna go home to my bed with all my toys and you and daddy"

"Oh sweetie... don't worry daddy and I are right here and we're not going to leave you alone" Andy said.

"Plus look who's here" Robert took something out it the bag and Maddie's eyes lit up in happiness "brownie!" She called excitedly.

"You see? You also have your favorite toy here"

"Thank you mommy and daddy"

"Of course baby. We're always here for you." Andy kissed the top of her head.

The day after Maddie got discharged and went home. A week later she was back at school for the first time since her surgery. Andy  stayed home in case something will come up and shell need to pick Maddie up from school but Robert was at the station working until 18:00.

Suddenly as he was in his office feeling paper work Robert's phone buzzed.

He hoped it was Andy but it was a text message from the one person he didn't want to hear.

Julie: we need to talk.

Robert: we have nothing to talk about.

Julie: Robert, I'm sorry for my behavior, I know it was wrong and I'm okay if you and Andy are together it's just I need to talk to you ASAP.

Robert: we are together. And happy. And this is literally the worst time you could text me but I have a few minutes to talk on the phone.

Julie: No. I should tell you this in person.

Robert: okay...

Julie: is tomorrow good?

Robert: no it's my day off and I'm planing on spending it with my family. I can meet you today after my shift at 18:00.

Julie: okay. I'll meet you at the coffee place we met Andy at 18:15?

Robert: fine.

He didn't know what she wanted and wasn't sure he wanted to know.

But if she texted him after all this time and said she had to talk to him in person there must me something important.

The shift was going by fast and Robert wasn't waiting to meet up with Julie.

When the clock eventually showed the time six PM Robert was already in his civis and ready to go.

He drove a few blocks to that coffee place and parked his car. It was 10 minutes past six. He went in and sat in a booth.

Almost ten minutes later he saw a familiar face walking into the place. She looked around and spotted him.

That's when Robert's breath caught in his throat. She was pregnant. Julie was pregnant and looked about four or five months pregnant.

She sat down across the table from him.

"Hi Robert"

"Wha- what's going on?" He said staring at her pregnant belly, she was wearing a tight black shirt and the bump was obvious.

"As you can see I'm pregnant. And I wanted to tell you it's yours and that I'm keeping it and want you to be in its life"

"I- I don't know what to say. I'm... I need to tell Andy she's... we are... um..." Robert was shocked. He didn't know what to say and almost couldn't finish a sentence.

"At least I have the dignity to come and tell you. You missed Maddie's birth and her as a baby but you can be here for our baby"

"Don't talk about Andy like that. The situation was different and that doesn't matter to me" he was half laying. He would wanna be there when Maddie was a baby or at her birth but he couldn't resent Andy for it and it didn't matter now.

"Robert you can't lie to me I know it does letter and I understand. That's way I'm giving you an option."

"How... how far long are you?"

"Three months" she replied.

"So right before we broke up?"

"Yes."

"I'm sorry need to go." He got up and left he didn't know what to do or how to tell Andy.

Way did it happen twice?!

He was grateful for Maddie. Her and Andy are the best thing that ever happened to him and he would take a bullet for them without thinking twice.

When he found out about Maddie it was like he got a missing piece of his heart back. It felt right. But this... it felt weird. And wrong. And he couldn't explain why... so he just drove home.

Thinking about a hundred ways to tell Andy about this and a million possible ways it can go. Robert just knew none of them was good enough.

————————
Hey bestiesssss

Here's the new chapter I hope you enjoyed reading it!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

XOXO

(Btw please don't hate me for this...)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 189 4
This story starts in the final month of the 90 day separation. Andy and Robert both plan big surprises for one another. What will day 89 and beyond b...
1.4K 52 1
This is my SECOND story in my collection of #SURRERA Stories, I will be writing a series of Andy Herrera and Robert Sullivan Station 19 stories, my...
19.2K 654 19
This story takes place immediately after the Season 3 finale. I'm a Surrera fan, so they'll be finding their way back to each other with a little hel...
47.4K 942 13
Maya Bishop remembers being iced out by her team, she remembers being on the verge of breaking down every shift as the new captain of 19, and she mos...