šƒššš¦ššš šžš

By szorae

šŸšŸ–+ Bellamy moves in with her brother after another set back in life, not daring to share her struggles wit... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Epilogue

Chapter Forty

65.5K 2.1K 694
By szorae

N O A H

I watched with pain in my heart how Bellamy's belly grew bigger every week, but her spirit weaker.

She didn't talk as much, laugh as much—at one point, she only left her room to eat or go to the bathroom. I tried to comfort her, but I knew it wasn't enough.

There was only one person who was able to comfort her, and she no longer could. Because of me.

Bellamy blamed herself for what happened, but none of this was her fault.

I should've continued to keep her at arm's length. As much as I loved her and our baby, none of this would've happened if I just kept it in my pants.

Being a dick to her and losing her to it would be worth it if by that Bellamy would get her friend back.

"Bellamy?" I whispered, quietly opening her door and peeking inside.

She laid on her side with her back facing me, and when I came closer I could see that she had a pillow between her legs, her brows furrowed as she slept.

I closed the door behind me, slowly approaching the bed and placing the tea I made her on her bedside table.

I couldn't help but smile at the way she mumbled in her sleep, even though I knew she was beyond uncomfortable. These last few weeks of her pregnancy proved to be difficult.

Of course, I would never know what she was going through exactly, but my heart ached when I looked at her.

And she had to do all of this alone.

I kissed her softly on her forehead, caressing a hand over her bump over the covers, and decided to leave the room.

Brushing a hand through my hair, I walked down the stairs, plopping on a chair at the dining table.

"How is she?" Isaac asked, sipping his coffee, and I sighed.

"She's sleeping," I replied, chewing on my bottom lip. I looked around the room, hesitating to ask the question that had already been on my mind for months.

"What?" Isaac said with raised brows, sitting back and crossing his arms.

"I think..." I looked at my hands. "It's time I found my own place don't you think?"

Isaac dropped his arms, leaning forward. "What?"

"Well, I've found something cheap in the neighborhood, and if I get back to work..."

I ignored the look of concern on Isaac's face. He really had the kindest heart, but especially since Bellamy and I were having a baby now, it was time to go.

"But—"

"Isaac," I interrupted him, giving him a small smile. "You truly are the best friend anyone can wish for, but I've stayed here too long already. It's been months since I got out."

He nodded, looking in the direction of the stairs when we heard a door open.

I jumped from my seat when I saw Bellamy coming down the stairs, one of her hands grabbing the banister at her side for dear life, the other supporting her belly.

"Bella," Isaac breathed out, hurrying to his sister and helping her down the stairs. I flinched at her puffy, red eyes, feeling like I should've done more to comfort her.

I didn't want to be pushy, but maybe that was just what she needed?

"Hi," she said softly, her voice hoarse as she made her way to the chair Isaac had been sitting on a minute ago. Her breathing was uneven, and I grew more worried by the second as I looked at her.

I was going to murder Sebastian when I got the chance.

"How are you feeling?" Isaac asked, quickly sitting down next to her.

"Hmm," she just hummed, looking up at me with watery eyes for a split second, before she cast her eyes down to the table. "I was just wondering what time we had to be at the courthouse tomorrow?"

I swallowed hard. I had completely forgotten about Sebastian's trial, and that Bellamy and I were supposed to give a statement tomorrow.

"9 AM," I replied, walking around the table and reaching for her.

But she avoided my touch, slowly walking back to the stairs.

Isaac helped her up, and I let myself fall back on the couch, running my hands over my face. Even though we live in the same house, I really miss her.

The journey to the courthouse the next day was silent, and as we waited in front of the doors that lead to the courtroom, I shifted my weight from one foot to the other, worried about the effect this whole thing would have on Bellamy.

She looked calm but tired, and all I wanted to do at that moment was pull her against my chest and whisper how much I loved her in her ear.

It didn't get better when we took our seats inside, and I heard Bellamy let out a breath when Sebastian was brought in.

He didn't look at us, or into the crowd that had formed behind him. Instead, he kept his eyes on the floor. He seemed thinner, but I couldn't care less. I had considered him a friend in prison, but now...

I hoped he would get life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Relatively soon after this trial day started, it was time for the hearing of the witnesses, and Bellamy stiffened next to me when her name was called.

"I would like to call Bellamy Powell to the stand," the prosecutor stated and the blonde lawyer picked up a piece of paper from her desk.

Isaac guided his sister to the bench next to the judge, and all eyes were on her and her protruding belly as she did. Small gasps left the jury, and for the first time that day, Sebastian looked in my direction.

His eyes looked sorrowful, but I quickly diverted my gaze, unable to look at the man without growling.

Instead, I looked at Bellamy, who was being sworn in by the judge, her eyes on the table in front of her as she did.

I expected her to be sad when the prosecutor started questioning her, but she wasn't. Only a few tears escaped her eyes, and probably more because of anger than of sadness.

As if in trance, I looked at her, feeling like this was the first time in days I saw a little bit of her fire. I admired her beautiful face one more, taking in every single freckle. Her blue eyes were big as they shifted from the prosecutor to Sebastian, and the man looked terrified in his seat.

The circumstances were shit, but I felt proud of her. She was making sure justice was served, giving every single detail—no matter how painful.

Yet when she told about her last moments with her best friend, she finally broke down.

"Ms. Powell?" the judge asked, and Bellamy looked up at him.

"I'm sorry," she squeaked out, wiping her cheeks with the back of her hand.

"Mrs. Jacobs? Do you have any more questions for Ms. Powell?" The judge shifted his gaze to the prosecutor, who shook her head.

"No more questions, your honor."

The judge then looked at the defense team. "I suggest we continue the hearing of this witness another time."

Before anyone could say anything else, Bellamy made her way to the large double doors in the back, exiting the courtroom without looking back.

I followed her out, worried sick.

"Bellamy?" I called after her, letting out a breath when she froze. She stood a few feet from me, slowly turning to look me in the eye.

"Are you ok?" I asked, taking a step in her direction.

"No," she exclaimed, tears streaming down her face. "I'm not ok."

Her harsh response startled me, but I wouldn't let it hold me back. Maybe it was time to be pushier.

"Bellamy, let me help you," I tried, my stomach twisting in all sorts of painful ways as I watched her angry expression worsen.

"No, you've done enough."

As soon as the words left her lips, her face fell. Her eyes got big and she pressed her teeth in her lower lip.

Softly sobbing, she held her stomach, her eyes flickering over my face. "I'm sorry," she said softly, wiping her cheeks and turning to the exit.

I stayed behind, my eyes on Bellamy as she walked away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 860 23
2nd Happy Lowman solo book. ( I don't own anything S.O.A Just my oc and this story.) there will be MISSPELLED WORDS, BAD GRAMMAR, AND MISTAKES. & I...
Blindsided By sjm

Teen Fiction

8.2K 266 28
Summer Michael needs to undergo a serious surgery soon to live, but there is no donors insight. Making her restless to do the things she would have n...
36.6K 2.3K 43
*Completed June 21, 2020* *Formerly The Rightful Heir* When Aiyana Miller was 5 years old, her father and older brother were killed trying and failin...