Typical Secrets

By ashleyparkerrr

Two seniors that only have one thing in common, going to the same school. They hate each other because of the... More

S T A R T
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E EN
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - S E V E N
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T W E N T Y - N I N E
E N D
A/N

O N E

4.8K 85 68
By ashleyparkerrr

When I woke up and checked my phone, I was disappointed. It was only Tuesday and there were three days left till it was the weekend. I didn't exactly hate school but I'd rather wake up late instead of early.

I didn't live that far away from the school so every day, I walked the way to the school with my younger brother Benjamin. He was three years younger than me so that made him fourteen years old. Benjamin was the only one of my siblings that were there for me and never judged me.

"Are you ready yet?" He asked as his hand was on the door handle. I shook my head and took my brush and started brushing it through my hair.

"You haven't even brushed your hair yet? Jesus." Benjamin said as he groaned. I rolled my eyes and started brushing the other side.
"Brushing hair doesn't take two years," I answered.

I put the brush down and took the book Hamlet up in my hands as I packed it down into my backpack. I took the backpack and swung it over my shoulder as Benjamin turned around and walked down the hallway.

I followed him as we walked to the front door and opened it up. We left the house and went down the stairs in our apartment hall. Side by side, my brother and I went to school in complete silence. That always happened, he knew not to talk to me in the morning. I was always too grumpy.

When we were about to part our ways I stopped him and smiled.
"Take care and... have a good day, alright?" I said, he nodded and sent a nice smile back.

"Have a good day as well," Benjamin answered and started walking away from me. I walked away as well and walked to the seniors' door entrance. When I noticed that Milan and his little stoner group were standing by the door while smoking, I decided to walk over there.

I started coughing when the smoke turned up everywhere in the air.
"Do you need something?" Milan asked. I rolled my eyes at him as I put my backpack down on the floor and opened it up.

"Be careful boys, she's going to pull a gun out now." Milan laughed at his joke, it made the other boys around him laugh as well. I pulled the book up and handed it over to Ryder.

"You said that you hadn't read Hamlet before, so I brought it for you. When you're done reading it, give it back to me. It better look like it did before I gave it to you." I said. Ryder took the book out of my hand and looked at it with a questioning look. I didn't even want to hear him thanking me.

"And if he doesn't want to read your fucked up book?" Milan asked. I took my backpack and put it around my shoulder once again. I smiled and looked at the cigarette in his hand.

"I'll tell the principal that you are smoking here, you're most likely going to get expelled. Good luck with that." I said and walked away. I couldn't hear their voices, which meant that I put them in their place. Which they deserved.

I walked into the school and walked up the stairs. When I got up to where the lockers were, I noticed Jasmine and Sophia standing there and talking. I walked over to them as I stood beside Jasmine as we both were looking at Sophia now.

Sophia was a cute girl everything about her made her cute. Her face, her way of speaking, the way she always got excited in the cutest way. She was a dark-haired pretty Asian. Jasmine was white and pretty as well, she loved going all out with her eyeliner and the glitter. Her hair strands on the top and in front of her ear were dyed blue, the rest of it was dyed black. Originally she was blonde.

They looked gorgeous no matter what they wore or dyed.
"Good morning, Alissa!" Sophia said as she wrapped her arms around me and greeted me with a hug.

"Good morning, babes," I answered and hugged her back. I pulled away and hugged Jasmine from the side.

"You seem to be in a good mood," Jasmine said with a hint of curiousness in her voice. I shook my head and crossed my arms.

"I'm not," I answered.

"You are, who's on your mind?" Jasmine asked as she pushed her elbow against mine. Those words reminded me of the family dinner tonight. My sister and brother were coming over for dinner; I hated both of them.

"Just some dumb family dinner," I told her. Her eyes immediately softened as she grabbed my hand and squeezed. I looked at Sophia and her eyes were darting at something behind me. I took a deep breath and turned around.

His hoodies hood was always up, I never understood that. His friends went around wearing caps but he was the complete opposite.
"I'm done." He said and handed the book back. I chuckled and looked up at the tall guy in front of me.

"You're... done. What happens in the end?" I asked. Ryder shrugged and walked away, I handed the book to Jasmine and followed Ryder down the hall.

"Are you kidding me? Why do you and your friend think that everything revolves around your asses?" I yelled at him. He stopped walking and slowly turned around while giving my eyes a cold stare. I watched his Adam's apple bob up and down for a while.

"If that book means so much to you, you'll have to read it up for me like I am a little child. I don't think either of us would find that interesting, would we?" Ryder furrowed his eyebrows. I scoffed.

"You're unbelievable. You have one fucking job and you are not able to do that as well." I said to him. He turned around again and walked away. I wanted a good grade more than anything so I knew what I had to do.

"Okay! Fine! I'll do it." I sighed and my teeth sank to my bottom lip. He once again turned around but looked at me with a smile.
"Cool. Text me whenever you are available." Ryder told me. I shook my head at him.

"I can't, I don't have your—"

"Add me on Snapchat instead." He cut me off and walked away from me. I wanted to hide in a hole and never come out ever again. I hated how the teachers had such an impact and were able to mess it up every time.

"What was that?" Jasmine asked. I turned around and looked at her. I took the book out of her hands and sighed in an exhausting way. I was tired of this shit-headed school more than anything.

"He refuses to read Hamlet, so I had figure out another way to make him," I told her. She raised an eyebrow at me but didn't ask further which I was happy about, I didn't have to explain it.

"Well, what was it?" Sophia popped the question instead which made me so disappointed in humanity.
"I'll tell you some other day, right now I just want to pass math," I said and smiled at her.

When I got home I had to help my parents and Benjamin out to prepare for the family dinner. God how I hated it, I was always the one that was commented on the most. But if I didn't go my sister would be furious with me and block me on everywhere until she was satisfied enough to forgive me.

I hated her with every part of my body.

The same with my brother Michael. He never cared, he never showed up to one of my birthdays ever. He never does anything for me but continues to buy gifts and take Benjamin places. When I was younger I was pretty jealous but I grew up to stop caring. My dad always found reasons to defend him which made me so annoyed.

He knew the facts on his own and always defended him no matter what happened or what he did. Michael and Hailey always body shames me. They even hate each other but that's their favorite activity to do together. She always forced herself to think that I would become like her when I became a teenager, which wasn't true.

I ended up being the complete opposite. I didn't like make-up but I didn't like the pimples on my skin either. I never posted anything on my Instagram but she would spam hers. I never go out, she always goes out. I love reading books, she wouldn't step near one.

She's so provoking and ignorant that I question how she has a husband at this moment. Her husband was the sweetest and I only felt bad for him, she treated him like absolute shit. The same with Michael, he treated his wife like shit too. Not to mention that he talks to multiple girls and she's aware.

When they arrived I took the seat next to Benjamin and took a plate. I feared taking a lot of food when they were around, I knew what I was waiting for. I took a small amount of rice, a small amount of meat, and a small amount of salad. Everyone took a lot more than me so I hoped they wouldn't notice.

They started having conversations and laughed at each other's jokes that I couldn't relate to for some reason. I didn't need to relate to any stupid jokes. Even my younger brother laughed. Maybe it was my thoughts that distracted me.

I shouldn't have said that. When it all became quiet, Hailey looked at me while I was putting some more of the salad onto my plate.
"Fat ass." She mumbled. Not in the way you expect. When Michael heard it, he looked over at me.

"You're seriously taking another portion? And mom is seriously worried about my weight." Michael laughed out with Hailey. Benjamin squeezed my hand from under and looked over at our parents.

"Don't say things like that about your little sister or I'll put the both of you up for adoption," Dad said as he pointed at my eldest siblings. I sighed and got up and walked to my room. I locked the door and took my backpack while putting my pajamas in. I forced myself not to cry but I wasn't able to keep it in.

I could hear them outside of my room.
"She's overreacting! It was just a joke, she's just dramatic."

Of course, as always I'm dramatic. I took my phone and wiped the tears away as I clicked on Jasmine. My phone started calling hers and after a few seconds she finally picked it up.
"Hey. Can I stay at yours for a while?" I asked. She could hear that I was crying.

"Yeah, yeah of course. What's up?" Jasmine asked me. I was so lucky to have her as my friend. I took a deep breath and pushed the tears away once again. They just kept falling.

"I can't talk about it right now. Can we please just talk when I come over?" I begged.

"Of course. Just hurry, I'm so worried." She said. I felt bad for leaving such a feeling on her but right now I just had to get out of this hell house. I took the backpack and swung it over my shoulder as I unlocked my door and walked out. I walked to the front door as I could hear the argument about me once again.

I slammed the door in response. That was how I planned on defending myself right now. I walked down the stairs and saw my neighbors on their way out as well. I opened the door and went outside. We lived on the third floor and because of that, they could look out of the windows and immediately spot me.

So I ran. I ran the whole way to my best friend's house. She lives a long way from me but I didn't give a shit, I just wanted to escape. I opened the small fence door and went into her garden. Jasmine spotted me from her living room and opened the door while stepping out.

"I shouldn't have thought that this time's dinner would be any different." I sighed to myself. I knew Jasmine knew what I was talking about, it didn't make it any better when she pulled me into a hug. I hugged her as I had never hugged someone before but I didn't care.

Why did this keep happening to me? What did I do to deserve this? Nothing. I did absolutely nothing. I deserve better and I'm aware.

"Just stay for as long as you need to. My father isn't home anyway."

__________________________

Hii! Thank you so much for reading chapter two, I couldn't be more grateful to have someone like you read my book! How are we feeling today?

No matter how was your day was, I wish the best for you and hope that you are doing good or better or just good in general! I love you so much<3

Please remember to vote, beautiful<33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 34K 48
Bella is a shy girl, but when you get to know her she's outgoing. When she was 5 something tragic happened to cause her to be the sheltered girl that...
1.5M 53K 112
I anticipated every breath, and every word. Each day, you could only take an uneducated guess at what he would say. What he would do. My heart tremor...
Saved By ohyizzle

Teen Fiction

517K 12.3K 46
[Completed] {Book 1} Her life is a living hell. There's no doubt in that. People think her life's rainbows and unicorns, but in reality it's hell...
366K 10.8K 79
The story of two troubled teenagers, Laynie and Ryder. She hates him and he hates her. But in a world full of loss, pain, and every form of sufferi...