Steal Your Heart (Nicky Harpe...

Per beelieverreads

(Y/N) (L/N) is one of the Harper quads' very best friends before she even became an Internet sensation. She l... Més

Dawn Moves Out
Get Sporty-er
Field of Brains
Scaredy Dance
Remote Control Control
Poo Dunnit
I Got Your Back
The Sad Tail of Gary-Chip-Tiny Elvis-Squishy Paws
Santa's Little Harpers
*Sticks, Stones, and Broken Bones*
The Quadfather
The Quad-test
The Secret
Take the Money and Run
Valentime's Day
Piggy, Piggy, Piggy, and Dawn
Quad-ventures in Baby-sitting
M.D. Day
Abraquadabra
Family Matters
*Sleepover Symphonies*
*Panic! At the Plaza*
Wanted: The Sugar Beet Gang
No Ifs, Ands, or But-ers
Urban Legend Outfitters
Do-It-All Dawn
Unhappy Campers
Mall in the Family
I Want Candace
Sweet Foot Rides
The Mighty Quad-Squad
Quaddy-Shack
Go Hollywood
Rock n Rules
Ballet and the Beasts
She Blinded Him With Science Bob
*Party Quad Anthem*
Harpers for President
Doggy Door Afternoon
** Three Men and A... **
Three Men and A (Y/N)
Three Men and A Mae B.
Diary of an Angry Quad
Quad Court
The Quad-Plex
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, and Sicky
Mission Un-Quaddable
A Brief Case of Popularity
*Viral Vocation*
New Kid on the Block
The Tell-Tale Art
*Rendezvous in Boulder*
Quad With a Blog
Odd Quad Out
Keeping Up With the Quadashians
The Great Mullet Caper
*Quadless in Seattle*
Quadsled
Ye Olde Hand Holde
What's the Worst That Quad Happen?
To Be Invited or Not to Be
*The Fast, The Quads, and The Furious*
Ele-Funk in the Room
Tween Wolf
*How the (Y/N) Stole Christmas*
This Little Piggy Went to the Harpers
I Want My Mae B. Back
The Buffa-Lowdown
*Anniversary Quad-xieties*
**(Y/N)'s Bedroom**
Quadshank Redemption
Not-So-Sweet Charity
One Quadzy Summer
Quad for Teacher
Quadpendence Day
Cementing the Quads' Legacy
**QUICK POLL**
#QUADGOALS
A Space Quadyssey
YOCO
The Wonderful Wizard of Quads
*Quadth of July*
*The Time Traveler's Quads*
Dude, Where's My School?
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, and BeyDawncé
Wrestle Mae-nia
It's a Hard Knock's Life
** Sympathy for the... **
Sympathy for the Squishy
Sympathy for the (Y/N)
The Harper Quad-jobbers
Leader of the Stack
*(NOT) Quadentity Crisis*
Quadentity Crisis
Quadbusters
Quadcodile Dundee
House Crushing for Dummies
We'll Always Have Parasites
Quadspiracy Theory

Pilot

24.6K 260 845
Per beelieverreads

"OW!"

(Y/N) (L/N) looked over at the table beside her to see Dawn glare at Ricky.

"You don't just dump chemicals into a beaker willy nilly!" Ricky scolded.

"Well, I'm tired of all the waity waity. Let's get to the dumpy dumpy!" Dawn argued in annoyance.

"Hate to say it but he's right, Dawn," (Y/N) said, and the two looked over at her. Ricky grinned triumphantly. "You could get hurt."

"Exactly!" Nicky stepped into the conversation, tugging Dawn's arm. He was wearing a yellow hazard suit. (Y/N) still couldn't help but giggle to herself about how he looked. "Safety first!" He pointed at Dicky, who was closer to (Y/N). "Goggles!"

"Chill. If I wear goggles, how are the ladies gonna see my eyes?" Dicky asked with a smirk.

"Dicky no one wants that," (Y/N) deadpanned. ((PLEASE IF YOU GET THIS REFERENCE I LOVE YOU))

"Aw come on, don't be a—"

"GOGGLES!" Both Dicky and (Y/N) jumped at the loudness of his voice.

"Fine," Dicky scoffed and put his sunglasses down. He turned to (Y/N) with a smirk. "Alright, babe. Let's make science."

Nicky rolled his eyes. (Y/N) only burst out laughing, much to Dicky's confusion.

"In. Your. Dreams."

"Are we done children?" Ricky asked in exasperation. (Y/N) just raised her hands and turned back to her own science lab project. "Can we let the science fair winner-"

"Runner up-" Dawn corrected.

"It's under review!" Ricky yelled and then calmed down. "I have a process, Dawn."

"Well here's my process," She grabbed the pitcher that was in front of her and poured it into the beaker.

"Willy nilly! Willy nilly!" Ricky yelled after her and started pouring something else into the beaker as well. That's when the chemicals started bubbling inside and shooting out of the beaker like a volcano.

"Fools!" Nicky screamed.

"Oh, shoot why," (Y/N) leaned forward in her seat, an exasperated expression. ((If you know Five, you'll know this reference--))

"Science is awesome," Dicky smiled.

"Look what you did!" Ricky yelled at Dawn.

"Me? You're the science fair runner up!" Dawn shouted back.

Ricky picked the foam off the table, ready to throw it, but Dawn threw some at him first before he could do anything. "That's what you get for waiting!" she laughed.

Ricky then threw foam at Dawn. "Alright everyone, it's a Code 4!" (Y/N) shouted to the rest of the class. Everyone started getting out of their seats.

"That foam is going to give you rashes!" Nicky yelled.

"Yeah? Well, happy scratching!" Dawn unzipped his suit and shoved it into his stomach, causing him to scream in a panic. As much as (Y/N) wanted to help him, she was more focused on getting her other classmates to the corner of the room.

Dicky instead just laughed at him which caused Nicky to throw more foam at him. Dicky wiped his face and grabbed some off the table, throwing it as well, until all four of them broke out into an all-out foam war.

~~~

(Y/N) successfully managed to get her classmates without them getting foam. But now she was standing outside the science lab, arms crossed as she tapped her foot. She saw Mr. and Mrs. Harper approach the room and she stood up straight.

"Oh, (Y/N), what happened this time?" Anne Harper asked in exasperation.

(Y/N) opened her mouth but then closed it. "I don't even know what to say anymore."

Tom Harper sighed. "See you at the store then." He patted her shoulder before the two parents knocked on the door.

"COME IN!"

Inside the room, the four quadruplets said, "Hey Mom, hey dad."

((CUE THEME SONG NANANANANA--))

~~~

"This is the third time this month we've been called away from the store to come pick you kids up!" Tom said in shock, as the Harper family entered their sports shop, Tom's Get Sporty!

"Sounds like quality family time to me," Dawn joked. "Am I right? Up top!" Dawn raised her hand up, but her father was not amused. "Coming down."

Anne was getting exasperated. "You know, every time I get a call from the school, I keep hoping that it is finally that call that says 'Mrs Harper, your quadruplets are amazing! And they are working together, and they are definitely not having a wet toilet paper war in the handicapped stall.' But it never is. IT NEVER IS!"

"It's their fault!" Dawn blamed. "Everything has to be their way!"

"Well I'm sorry if I care about my grades!" Ricky shot back.

Dicky stood up from the steps and walked over. "And I'm sorry if I don't!"

"I'm sorry I bit you all in the womb!" Nicky shouted, and that made all four quads break out into an argument once again.

"Wait, wait." Tom tried getting their attention. "Guys guys- wait wait wait wait wait-- HEY QUIET!" Tom yelled, and suddenly all four shut up and looked at Tom. "Wow that finally worked."

"The problem is, you kids can't do anything together without getting at each other's throats," Anne said.

"Ohh, his throat!" Dawn cracked her knuckles and smiled "Good tip." She lunged at Ricky, and Dicky stood in front of him of Ricky as Tom held Dawn back.

"Enough!" Anne yelled. "I gave birth to a team! What happened to my team?!" She bit into a piece of beef jerky sadly.

"We can't be a team if they don't follow their leader," Ricky stated matter-of-factly.

"I'm the leader, I'm the oldest." Dawn stepped forward proudly, pushing Ricky back.

"By four seconds," Ricky retorted.

"I learned a lot in those four seconds!"

"Learn anything about rashes!?" Nicky held up his shirt to show a big, red rash on his stomach from the foam. Everyone shuddered and stepped back a bit.

"Tried to warn you guys!" They all looked up and suddenly, (Y/N) dropped in beside Nicky, who yelped and dropped his grip on his shirt.

"(Y/N)!" Dawn exclaimed, grinning to see their friend. Her brothers grinned as well.

"(Y/N), are you ever going to stop climbing...everywhere?" Tom sighed.

The girl crossed her arms. "Making your store my personal playplace is the least you can let me do after helping keep your children in check!"

Ricky scoffed. "Please! You're only older by three months!"

"But she's more of a leader than any one of your four," Anne scoffed lightly. "I'm starting to think the only reason you haven't killed each other yet is because (Y/N) refuses to let you."

"Whaaaat, no way!" Dicky said defensively.

(Y/N) smirked. "Who stopped Ricky from strangling Dicky when he wet one of his books?"

Ricky glared at Dicky before sighing back at (Y/N). "You did."

"Who stopped Dicky from spraying Dawn's eyes out with hair spray?"

Dicky shrugged. "You did."

"And who blocked the meatloaf that Dawn hurled at Nicky? The same meatloaf Nicky made for everyone?"

Dawn groaned. "You did."

"I'm still in debt to you for that," the youngest quad whispered.

The girl smiled but held up her hands. "But please, I'm not their leader, I'm not a quad. Think of me as their babysitter that works overtime way too much!"

"Again, you're only three months older!" Nicky complained.

"And you were born 20 minutes later than Dawn and you're still treated as the youngest!" (Y/N) joked back. Nicky hit her arm playfully, but she just laughed. "Seriously, though, even still you're not bad kids."

"Thank you!" Dawn turned to her parents, then her brothers and friend. "Bad things just...happen to us."

Just before she spoke, (Y/N) saw Hazel, who'd asked Nicky what happened to his stomach, to which he lifted up his shirt to show. The old woman yelled and passed out on the floor, taking a rack of clothes with her. (Y/N) patted Nicky's shirt down and went to help Hazel up.

"See?" Dawn pointed out. "Our lives are so unfair."

"Hey mom, dad!" Kenny, one of the employees, came out of nowhere and appeared between Mr. and Mrs. Harper. He was smiling wide as he patted their backs."

"Okay Kenny, we have told you not to call us that," Anne said. "We are not your parents. It's creepy."

"But they call you that," Kenny pointed to the five kids.

(Y/N) asked, furrowed her eyebrows at Kenny in confusion. "When have I ever? They, though..."

"Cause we're their children," Dawn explained.

"We're quadruplets," Ricky added and the four of them waved in sync.

"Quadruplets? I look more like you two than him." Kenny pointed to Nicky. Nicky stood there perplexed. He then looked at (Y/N). "What are you then?"

"Their guardian angel since birth," (Y/N) joked. "I'm overdue for a raise."

"Haha," Ricky walked over to her, playfully rolling his eyes.

"(Y/N)'s one of the few who actually likes all four of us," Dawn said, softly punching her friend's shoulder.

"How did you get associated with them?" Kenny asked.

The five kids seemed to be in their own dreamland as they looked up and got flashbacks.

~~~

The four-year old quadruplets were dropped off at a new daycare center. A small, (H/C)-haired girl was playing with blocks when she noticed them. Mr. and Mrs. Harper stood at the entrance and pushed them forward. "Alright kids, remember!" Anne said. "Mommy and Daddy will be back in two hours. Play nice with the other kids and...please dear Lord don't burn the place down."

"Yes Mommy!" the quads chirped.

---

Three minutes later, the four started arguing over the blocks. The girl quad, who was also the tallest, was scolding her three brothers, saying they should build a castle, but the brothers wanted to build a race car track. Little (Y/N) entered in, saying, "I can make a castle with you!" This pleased the girl, who squealed and said "Yay!" as she pulled the new girl to make the castle with her. It was a beautiful one.

Later, the blonde quad in a sweater vest was looking at the storybooks, wondering which one to pick. (Y/N) approached him, got some off the shelves, and asked, "Wanna read these with me?" The boy was ecstatic, saying "Yes!" as he saw how some of them were textbooks.

The slightly tallest one of the three quad boys was looking at the dress-up closet, trying on a doctor's uniform. (Y/N) wore fairy wings. "You could be a good doctor!" When they boy said, "I don't know", (Y/N) grabbed sunglasses off the rack and put them on him. "Then you can be a cool doctor! You can be whatever you wanna be!" This made the quad very happy.

The final quad boy somehow thought it was a good idea to ride the seesaw by himself. (Y/N) of course, did not miss a chance to make a new friend. She joined the boy on the other end, saying "Hi!" to which the brunette quad grinned happily. With each time they pushed the seesaw, they took turns talking about whether it was their three other siblings or what their favorite food was.

Later on is when the quads were arguing who would first use the swings that were in the daycare's backyard. They were way too noisy and disturbed the other kids. The caretakers tried approaching them but ended up running away crying. It didn't take long before the quads got all tangled up in the swings' chains. They groaned at the pain and started blaming each other for who got them there in the first place. Little (Y/N) walked over, the kids still arguing, and started pushing them. The swing moved slowly because of the weight, but once they realized they were moving, all five kids began smiling and laughing. Of course the swing collapsed and broke. But the kids were still laughing happily.

"What's your name, anyway?" the girl quad finally asked. She realized they never bothered to ask.

"(Y/N) (L/N)!" the girl said proudly. "And you?"

"We're the Harper quads! Nicky."

"Ricky."

"Dicky."

"And Dawn!"

~~~

"If (Y/N) hadn't taken the time to get to know each one of us, we'd never have been friends," Dawn sighed happily. Her brothers nodded and grinned as well.

"I've been cursed ever since," (Y/N) said. When Nicky smacked her arm, she laughed. "Kidding! I've never had siblings and I don't mind not being biologically related to these four. Gotta love these guys sometimes. I should actually be calling Mr. Harper 'Dad' even more than you can!"

Kenny hesitated. "...Nah! Anyway Pops. This came for ya." Kenny handed Tom a box which made him gasp loudly.

"Yes! It's here!" Tom the box open. He pulled out a red shirt with the name "Wilson" and the numbers "02" on it, and threw the box at his wife. He held up the shirt in awe. "Behold... This Jersey was worn by Brownie Wilson, fabled hero of the gridiron from days of yore. I searched long and hard for the Jersey, and now...she's mine!"

"Wow, he even signed it and everything," Ricky looked at the Jersey, reaching out for the sleeve. Tom pulled the shirt away from him.

"Da! No one touches my number 2!" Tom walked over to Anne as Dicky laughed.

"Number 2," Dicky chuckled. (Y/N) smacked his arm.

"This is the greatest day of my life!" Tom said happily.

Anne raised an eyebrow. "Our wedding? The kids' birth?"

"Oh come on, you think anybody ever says 'Yay four kids at once!'?" Tom chuckled. Anne gave him a look that made him back away." Okay, change of subject. Punishment time! Who wants to clean up the puke in the skydiving simulator?"

The kids groaned and gagged in disgust. (Y/N) raised her hand. "I am neither responsible nor am I your child."

Nicky raised his eyebrow. "You just said—"

"Nope!"

"You know what? As the oldest—" Dawn started.

"By four seconds!" Ricky complained.

"I will show my little brothers how to be grown up, responsible AND mature...PUPPY!"

At the sound of a dog barking, Dawn got distracted and ran over to a woman at the store entrance, who was holding a dog. Her siblings and (Y/N) followed suit, with Anne and Tom looking confused.

"Look at this little snudger!" Dawn cooed as she cuddled the scruffy dog. I just wanna eat his face! Yes I do!"

"I've wanted a dog like him!" (Y/N) exclaimed.

"Why didn't you get one?" Dicky asked.

The girl sighed. "Mom wanted a cat."

The woman who had the dog walked over to Anne and Tom, with the kids following behind.

"I'm having a pet adoption fair in the lot next door!" the woman explained, handing Tom a flyer.

"Boom! Adopted!" Dawn exclaimed.

"Boom! Returned!" Anne took the dog away from Dawn and handed him to the lady. "You kids can't take care of a dog! It would him just turn into one big fight!"

"Fight? Pfft. Fight. We're totally buds. Quad hug!" Dawn yelled, pulling her brothers into a hug. They all put their arms around each other, speaking over one another as they complimented each other and smiling forcefully. "Get in here, (Y/N)!" The girl, who was dragged in and also started saying things like "Oh, yes, you're such good friends" in a monotonous tone.

"You feelin' it right?" Dawn pressed her cheek against Ricky's, and Nicky's face was pressed in between Dicky's and (Y/N)'s. The girl felt her face go warm a bit.

"That felt forced," Tom commented.

"Forced? Pfft. Forced," Dawn chuckled. "Ricky tell him why it's not forced." Dawn stepped back as Ricky stepped forward

"Mom, Dad, you've always taught us that love means trusting each other. So if you really love us, isn't it time you trusted us?" Ricky grinned, giving jazz hands, but the two adults just stared at him. "Nicky back me up here."

"Look, I trust that the dog is gonna give us worms." Nicky started "But! He'll give us worms together."

"Together."

"Yes."

The kids nodded in agreement.

"Worm is right!" Dicky turned and walked back over to the lady to get the dog. "We can totes do this."

"No. And you"re gonna give the dog right back to—" Tom gasped loudly as he picked up the dog. "He is so soft!"

"You guys are not ready for this."

"I agree, Mrs. Harper!" (Y/N) piped in, to which the quads gasped loudly and turned to her.

"Traitor," Dicky squinted his eyes.

The girl just helped up a hand. "Buuut let us give you a chance to prove that we are ready to be ready!"

"We?" Ricky asked, grinning.

"Of course! One for quad and quad for one."

"That's not the saying," Nicky retorted.

"It'll catch on!"

"Mom," Dawn turned back to her parent. "I know we've disappointed you in the past. But this dog's a chance for us to show you that we can work together. Please let us prove that we can be the team that you want us to be." When Anne still wouldn't budge... "Please? Mommy?" Dawn spoke in a baby voice that made (Y/N) choke on a laugh.

After a while, Anne gave in. "All right. You can have the dog."

"YEAH! Fireworks!!" Dawn yelled, jumping up and down as she made explosion noises. Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and (Y/N) all high-fived. "But..." Anne put a hand on Dawn's head. "This is a trial run. You have one week to show that you guys can do this together. If not, then he's got to go back to the shelter. Got it?"

"Yep!" Dawn stood up straight.

"Yes."

"Got it."

"Word."

"What they said," (Y/N) beamed.

"Great, I'll get his papers," The lady said.

Tom gasped again. "He can read!"

"Harper huddle!" The quads put their hands in the middle. "And (Y/N)!" The girl chuckled and put her hand in the middle as well. "Ah, Harpers!" They all yelled, bringing their arms up, but Nicky ended up hitting himself in the eye. (Y/N), who was beside him, instinctively put a hand on his shoulder.

"Totally deserved that."

~~~

Ding dong!

Dawn had a chart in her hand as she ran to the door and opened it up for (Y/N), who arrived with a collar and leash in her hand. "Hey, sorry!" she said, walking in. "Had to go next door to my house to get one of the old leashes we had."

"Didn't you say you owned a cat?" Dawn asked, confused.

"We do! You can guess how big this cat is." Dawn shrugged and went towards the couch. Yes, (Y/N) was their next-door neighbor. It made it easier for them to hang out with the quads.

The girls walked over to the dog and Dicky, who turned to them when Dawn noticed the sunglasses both of them were wearing. "Dicky! We have to take this seriously. And that's why I've come up with a schedule of doggy caretaking duties." She finally held up a chart she made, which had a list of chores and quad names corresponding to their responsibilities. "Ta-da!"

"Awesome!" (Y/N) complimented, high-fiving Dawn.

"Thank you, thank you."

"That's a very nice chore chart," Ricky said slowly, as he as he placed down his notebooks and stood from the couch. "Of course, it's not as nice as mine." Ricky grabbed his which was much neater, bigger, and had their faces on. "Ta-double-da."

(Y/N) and Dawn looked at each other in annoyance. "You know I'd compliment you, but you just made fun of Dawn," (Y/N) said.

Ricky hung his head. "...Sorry, Dawn."

"Amazing job, Ricky!" The blonde quad beamed happily.

"Wow," Dawn sighed. "Those four seconds are really killing you, aren't they?" She threw her chart and fell onto the couch. (Y/N) sat on the empty one across Ricky's.

"I just think my way is the best way of taking care of Chip."

"Ehh!" Dawn mimicked the sound of a buzzer and sat up. "We're not naming him Chip."

"That's right. His name is Tiny Elvis," Dicky corrected

"He doesn't looks anything like Elvis," Ricky complained.

"He will, when I put him in... this." Dicky held up a very cute Elvis costume meant for dogs.

"Um... He's not wearing that. He's wearing.. this." Dawn then held up a sailor outfit meant for dogs. (Y/N) was already leaning her head onto her hand as she stared at the conversation. "And his name is Admiral Squishy Paws."

Then Nicky rose out of a box on the other side of the room, everyone turned their attention to him. (Y/N) was very shocked. "W-Why—H-How—"

"Clearly he's a Gary!"

They all stood up and faced Nicky. "Gary?!"

The four quads began fighting once again. How long has it been before they decided to keep the dog? (Y/N) watched them bicker over name choices for a few more seconds before she brought out a shiny silver whistle and blew into it loudly. The four gasped and turned to her in shock. The girl crossed her legs and stared at them again.

"What was—" Dawn started.

"I brought it for the dog, but it turns out you four need it even more than he does," (Y/N) narrowed her eyes to which the quads hung their heads in shame.

"Guys, she's right," Dawn sighed. "We're doing exactly what Mom and Dad said we would."

"Sweet." Dicky smiled

"No! Not sweet." Dawn shook her head. "We have to work together. That's why I"m willing to follow..." Dawn gagged a bit before she finished "-Ricky's lead."

"I thought you might. And that's why I created a picture to represent that." Ricky held up his chart once again and turned it around to find he'd pasted their heads on soldiers' bodies with Ricky's head pasted on a general's body riding a horse.

"Oh, dear god," (Y/N) muttered. "You have issues." Ricky just glared.

Dawn picked the dog up. "This is gonna be totally easy!"

~~~

"This is so hard..." Dawn whined as she was laying on the couch. Ricky was slouched on the couch, Dicky was upside down, Nicky was on the top of the cushions.

"This is the longest week EVER," Dicky complained as (Y/N) moved his feet away from her.

"It's only been two hours," Ricky said exasperatedly.

(Y/N), who came from the kitchen, walked back into the living room with a mug of apple juice. "Y'all serious?"

"How are you not tired?" Dawn groaned.

"It's your dog, not mine! And I've dealt with cats." She took a seat at the nearest couch. "Handle them and then we can talk." She sipped from her juice while the others groaned loudly again.

"He needs to go out," Nicky stated, after hearing the dog whine.

"How can you tell?" Dicky asked.

Dawn lifted her head and looked to see the dog's ears flapped. "Those are his 'I have to pee' ears."

"It's not my turn to walk him," Ricky mumbled.

"Not. Mine," Dawn moaned into the couch.

"Not. Mine." Nicky said as well.

"Not my dog," (Y/N) joked, drinking more juice.

"Ugh. I guess I'll be the responsible one." Dicky moved and stood up, but Ricky got up faster than him.

"No way. I'm the leader. I'm the responsible one."

"Don't you be more responsible than me!" Dawn argued and ran to the door.

"Hold on!" Nicky rolled off the couch. "It's cape weather!" He ran after the two.

Dicky grabbed the bowl of popcorn as he watched them leave. "You sly fox," (Y/N) teased.

The quad just grinned. "They're so easy." He clinked his bowl with (Y/N)'s mug and they watched TV.

—————

Almost a week has passed now, and (Y/N) continued to help the quads with the dog. They were petting him now as he was laying on the counter of Get Sporty. They all had a big, fake smile on their face.

"Is mom still looking over here?" Ricky asked as he smiled.

"I can't fake this smile much longer," Dicky said.

"Keep talking, this smile is real," (Y/N) still couldn't help but enjoy the way they really tried to be a better team together. Nicky fake smiled at (Y/N), who was beside him.

"I wanna wipe it off your face right now!" he sang, but even (Y/N) found his aggressiveness adorable.

"I'm so sick of you guys." Dawn spoke in her fake, sweet tone and picked up the dog. "But if we make it through today, Squishy Paws will be staying with us forever."

"I think the person who's actually done his chores all week should get to name the dog," Ricky argued as he continued smiling.

"I thought we settled on Gary," Nicky brought up as he leaned his head on his fist.

"Coast is clear, she's gone," (Y/N) said, and everyone broke free of their smiles.

"Gary is not a dog name," Dawn placed the dog on the floor.

"It's better than Tiny Elvis!" Nicky argued with Dicky.

"Well, this foam bat says it isn't!" Dicky got a foam bat from the counter and stood in position.

"Let's end this," Nicky said in a deep voice as he grabbed a bat as well.

"Oh, good Lord," (Y/N) ducked out of the chaos.

"Quad bat fight!" Dawn yelled loudly.

The siblings grabbed a bat from the counter and smacked each other with it. They began walking while smacking one another, leading to them all hitting each other. (Y/N) wanted to use her whistle but she couldn't add to the noise.

"Guys, stop it!" (Y/N) screamed, trying to break them apart.

Ricky went to hit (Y/N), but she ducked out of the way as the bat went flying through the air. They watched the bat as it was going towards Tom's mounted Jersey.

"NO!" "Dad's Jersey!"

Luckily, the bat hit Hazel in the head. She held her head and backed up against the Jersey.

"You idiots are so lucky," (Y/N) said in a hushed tone. For once, the quads nodded.

"Sorry Hazel!" Dawn called out.

"I-I'm okay." Hazel awkwardly chuckled and walked away as she held her hand on her head. That's when the shirt fell onto the floor and the five of them screamed.

"Look what you did!" Dawn yelled at Ricky.

"You called auad bat fight!" Ricky shouted back.

"You started it!" Nicky pointed to Dicky.

"DOG!" (Y/N) screamed. They all turned to the dog who was standing on the Jersey.

"Oh no."

"At least his ears aren't-" Dicky was cut off when the dog started doing his "I have to pee" ears. This made everyone nervous.

"Put down your pee ears and step away from the Jersey," Ricky warned carefully as they all inched closer to him. The dog lifted his leg and peed, causing them all to scream loudly before groaning.

(Y/N) was the only one who ran forward, grabbed the dog, and threw him off the jersey before he could pee even more. "(Y/N)!" Ricky screamed.

"Sorry, I do that with Mr. Fluffernutter!" (Y/N) picked the jersey up. "Now are we gonna fix this or not?!"

Nicky picked up the dog to check up on him while the older quads went to start scrubbing the pee off the shirt. Nicky placed the dog on his bed before running to his sister.

"Is it coming off?!" he yelled as Dawn who was scrubbing the shirt with a rag.

"I can't tell over the smell of your lunch." Dawn gagged. "Can you maybe lean back until you hit a mint?" Nicky did as told, and (Y/N) held one out.

"Thanks!" Nicky popped it into his mouth and chewed nervously.

"Uh, Nicky, those are for dissolving in—never mind."

"No big deal." Ricky chuckled nervously as he paced back and forth. "Chip just went number 1 on Dad's number 2." He began breathing heavily.

"Normally I'd laugh at the but--No it"s still funny," Dicky laughed.

"No it's not! My life is over."

"Ricky you didn't get an F or anything!" (Y/N) groaned.

"I might as well could have!"

"Come on you guys!" Dawn shouted. "If we handle this right, Dad doesn't have to find out, and we get to keep the dog."

"What the point?" Nicky complained, still chewing on his mint as he leaned on (Y/N), to which she stiffened a bit.

"It's over," Dicky shrugged.

"I failed," Ricky whined. "I'm a horrible leader."

The two girls were quiet until Dawn grabbed a baseball glove, (Y/N) stepped away, and Dawn smacked her brothers with it.

"Ow!"

"You could have used the side without the price tag!" Ricky moaned.

"YOU ARE THE HARPERS!" (Y/N) yelled in their face, to which the boys jumped back in shock. "Pull yourself together!" ((Please expect so many references--))

Dawn slammed down the glove onto the counter and walked out from behind it.

"She's right! We're Harpers. Did we give up when Nicky got his head stuck in the railing?" Nicky shook his head. "Did we give up when Dicky got his head stuck in the railing?" Dicky shook his head as well. "Did we give up when we were having trouble getting Ricky's head stuck in the railing?" Ricky looked to the side. "And did (Y/N) give up when she had to give excuses to our parents for how you all go stuck in the railing?!" The girl grinned at the boys and crossed her arms. "No! So we're not giving up now! We may have failed each other, but for the first time in our lives, we need to think of something bigger than the four of us." Dawn walked over to the dog and held him. "This guy. He deserves a good home. Even if we don't deserve him."

(Y/N) patted Dawn's shoulder. Nicky sniffled and put his hand in the middle, the others placed their hands on top one by one.

"Ah Harpers!" They all brought their hands up.

"So." They heard Tom coming down the stairs. The five got into a random pose, Dawn lifted her one leg, the boys leaned on the counter and (Y/N) placed her hands on Nicky's back to lean on it and forced a smile as they covered up Jersey. Tom was speaking to Kenny at the time, very confused even as he left. He turned toward the children and stared at them for a few more seconds before taking out his phone and taking a picture. "Good stuff."

They exhaled when he left. "All right. Nicky, Ricky and (Y/N). You three take the Jersey home and clean it." The three grabbed the shirt and ran out the store.

They ran back to their house when they suddenly saw Anne inside.

"What now?" Ricky asked in a panic.

"Let's go to my place," (Y/N) said, and the boys nodded and walked to her house next door.

(Y/N)'s house was a moderate house, a bit smaller than the Harper's, but it was still home. It was actually more "behind" the Harper house, (Y/N)'s bedroom window faced the quads' so they usually communicated through Morse Code with a flashlight. They entered the house now, but were greeted by (Y/N)'s mother who was reading a magazine on the couch.

"Hey, honey!" Mrs.(L/N) chirped, smiling as she looked up. "Oh, the Harper quads! Or, two of them at least!"

"Hi, Mrs. (L/N)!" Ricky and Nicky said simultaneously, waving with a smile.

"Uh, mom!" (Y/N) said. "Can we borrow the washing machine?"

"Of course, but what for?"

"Nicky has to wash his security mittens!" Ricky blurted out. Nicky smacked his arm.

"Dude! Don't expose me like that!" It actually made (Y/N) giggle.

"Well, sure go ahead!" Mrs. (L/N) smiled. "You know where it is."

"Thanks, ma'am!" The boys said and ran to their laundry room. They've played hide and seek at (Y/N)'s so many times, they knew her house as much as she knew theirs.

Before (Y/N) could follow, her mother waved her over and grinned. "Isn't that cute? Nicky has mittens!"

(Y/N) rolled her eyes playfully. She had a pretty good relationship with her mom and sometimes appreciated when she would pay attention to little details. Now was not one of those times. "Mooom come on." Her mother just grinned as her daughter left.

"Ooh, delicate setting!" Nicky beamed as he set the washing machine and got it started.

"Do you actually still have those mittens?" (Y/N) smirked.

Nicky blushed. "Maaaybe."

"He totally does!" Ricky teased.

"You still have your dumb bear!"

"It helps me pass tests!"

"Guys!" (Y/N) groaned. "Can you please just stop fighting for once, the other two aren't here. You can continue later."

The boys scoffed and sat down. Luckily, they were able to pass the time with Uno and chess. (Y/N) had no problem watching Nicky's face whenever he lost something.

~~~

Nicky Ricky and (Y/N) ran through the entrance doors, out of breath from all the running.

"Finally!" Dawn exclaimed and walked over to them, Dicky following with the dog.

"Sorry. Mom was home so we had to go to (Y/N)'s," Ricky explained as he caught his breath.

"Is it clean?" Dawn asked as her patience was running thin

"(Y/N)'s house is always clean," Nicky complimented making (Y/N) grin.

"Not her house, the shirt!" Dawn sighed into her hand before picking up the jersey and holding it up. "It looks great!"

"Where's the signature?" Dicky asked fearfully as Dawn was looking at it. She started moving the shirt around, also panicked.

"Where's the signature?!" Dawn yelled. Ricky grabbed the Jersey from Dawn and had a look.

"It must have washed off!"

"Oh." Nicky slammed his hand on the table "I knew that machine was too strong! That delicate setting is a joke!"

"Okay, so we just need to rewrite the signature," Dawn grabbed a marker, walking around Dicky and over to the other end of the counter.

"Okay," (Y/N) started. "You sure you know the sig—"

"No more waity waity. I've been looking at that signature all week. Brownie Wilson's signature is burned into my brain." She clicked the cap back onto the marker and held up the shirt.

"Who's Brownie Squishy Paws?" Nicky asked, a brow raised.

"You wrote Brownie Squishy Paws," (Y/N) said in disbelief.

"It just came out!" Dawn panicked

"Why would that just come out?" Ricky yelled as he ran his hands through his hair.

"I practiced that name all day!" Dawn held up a piece of paper with practiced signatures.

Dicky then held up the baseball glove. "You want the price tag or all leather?"

Dawn was just as disappointed in herself. "It's over. That's it. I failed," Dawn pouted before sitting down and the dog's bed and holding him. "I'm sorry Squishy Paws. I let you down."

"You're giving up?" Ricky asked.

"Where's the girl who rubbed butter on my face to pop me out of that railing?" Dicky asked her as he kneeled.

Nicky also kneeled. "And where's the girl who decided to stop pulling and just push me right through that railing?"

Ricky put a hand on his sister's shoulder. "Where's the girl who pinned my arms down while Dicky and Nicky jammed my head into that railing for laughing at them?"

"And where's the girl who questioned life with me while helping me think of excuses to tell your parents?" (Y/N) patted her friend's head as the boys all nodded.

"I'm right here," Dawn answered sadly.

"Good. 'Cause our team could kind of use a leader," Ricky spoke. (Y/N) audibly gasped. "Yes, it hurts."

Dawn looked up at him and smiled before she started thinking.

"Nicky, can you get the marker out?"

"I say this with full certainty," Nicky stood up, everyone else did as well. "Possibly!" While his siblings stared, (Y/N) choked on laughter. "To the cafe!"

~~~

"This is my own formula," Nicky held up a dish soap bottle filled with a clear liquid.

(Y/N) was genuinely impressed. "Wow, what's in it?"

Nicky beamed proudly. "A true master does not reveal his secrets. It's super strong so a few drops is all we need."

Unfortunately, he squeezed the bottle too hard, causing it to shoot out all over the shirt. The kids all screamed.

"Hey guys," Tom greeted.

The kids screamed again which caused Tom to scream for no reason. Dawn shoved the shirt up behind Ricky's shirt before Tom turned around. "Why are we screaming?"

"Oh we're just uh..." Dicky turned around looking for something when he grabbed a menu "-super excited about all these new smoothie options!"

"Yes. Like... Mango Squash Onion." Dawn said right after.

(Y/N) was shocked and grabbed the menu from her. "Wait, that's a thing?"

Nicky made a "cut-throat" hand motion. "Mayor's son's request. Don't ask."

"Hey, who's thirsty?" Tom asked.

"Well, not Ricky, because he has some important work things to do all the way over there." Dawn started pushing him along.

"Yep, work work work!" Ricky said, moving away.

"That's a great kid!" Tom said, going behind the counter. "You know we almost named him Gary, but we couldn't think of three other names that rhymed with it."

"Larry?" Dicky suggested.

"Carrie?" Dawn asked.

"Barry?" (Y/N) said.

"Harry?" Nicky put in.

Tom froze, suddenly realizing.

(Y/N) then realized Anne came in and was now trying to hug Ricky. "Guys!" They quickly moved to lay low and watch the two.

"We have to rescue Ricky!" Dawn said.

"What do we do?!" Nicky gasped.

"I got this!" Dicky went to the iPad and set up the Snowball Launcher. Anne then got hit in the head by a snowball. Ricky chucked the jersey in the pile of clothes near him and turned back to Anne.

"What are you up to?"

"Commence Phase 2." Dicky set the Snowball Launcher higher and Hazel began getting pelted with snowballs.

Anne started running. "Okay you stay right here. Coming Hazel!"

"Where's the Jersey?" Dawn asked as they ran over to Ricky.

"It's right over-"

"Hey, isn't this Dad's Jersey?" Kenny appeared out of nowhere and picked it up.

"Nope!" Dawn grabbed it and began throwing the jersey around with her brothers and (Y/N).

"Let me see the Jersey!"

"Dicky, go long!" Dawn shouted.

But she didn't realize she ended up throwing the shirt at her dad. Tom dropped the smoothies he was carrying and looked at the Jersey.

Tom gasped many times. "NOOOOOOOO!"

The kids were horrified.

"What have they done to you?" Tom walked over to a chair and sat down as he held his jersey.

"It was an accident."

"We're really sorry Dad."

"Don't apologize to me. Apologize to her!" Tom shoved the Jersey close to Dawn's face.

"We're really sorry Jersey?" Dawn apologized, her tone rising in a question.

(Y/N) rubbed her arm. "We really are sorry. So many things happened."

"Well, we were fighting over the dog's name and-" Ricky began.

"Oh!" Anne laughed to herself. "Big surprise! See, I thought you guys were finally working together. But you weren't! Of course."

"We really tried!" (Y/N) said again. "It's just that—"

"I get that you tried, (Y/N)," Anne said exasperatedly. "But what did I say at the beginning? You kids weren't ready!"

"You're right," Dawn sighed. "We screwed up. Just like we always do. Guess this means..." The five walked over to the dog, Dawn picked him up and held him. "Bye little guy. I'll miss you."

Nicky let out a sad dog howl. (Y/N) patted his back.

"Sorry buddy." Dicky apologized, as (Y/N) then reached over to scratch the dog's head. "I just wish we came up with a better plan."

"What plan?" Anne turned in her chair, the children all stood up.

"Well, after the dog peed on the jersey, we thought we could clean it," Dawn started.

"So Nicky, (Y/N), and I ran to the house but you were there," Ricky said.

"So we had to go to my house," (Y/N) continued.

"And we washed the signature off," Nicky put in.

"And then you showed up and I had to hit Hazel with snowballs," Dicky said.

"And no matter what we did, we just made things worse," Dawn concluded.

"So you guys did all of this together?" Anne slowly stood up.

"Well yeah. We couldn't have kept it a secret all day by ourselves."

"All day? You kept this from us all day?! Oh! I am so proud of you!" Anne pulled all five of them into a big hug. The kids were giving each other confused looks.

"This is the strangest I've ever been yelled at," Dawn spoke as her face was pressed against Anne's.

"But we ruined Dad's Jersey and tried to cover it up," Ricky protested.

"Yes. But you tried to cover it up, together! You lied to us as a team. You were a united team of little liars." Even (Y/N) was just mouthing "Say what?" to her friends. The kids shrugged. "It's not exactly what I had in mind, but I will take it!"

"What's happening?" Dicky asked.

"I'll tell you what's happening. He's staying with us!"

The five were ecstatic. "WHAT? NO WAY! MEGA FIREWORKS!" Dawn shouted, then they all mimicked her firework sounds as they jumped and celebrated together. (Y/N) accidentally hugged Nicky too long as she jumped up and down but pulled away quickly.

Nicky was too happy to notice. "Awesome! We're not in trouble for ruining dad's jersey!"

"Oh no. You're in big trouble for that!" Anne said, still happy.

"Who cares?" Ricky exclaimed. "We got our dog!"

"Harper huddle!" Dicky shouted. Dawn picked up the dog and (Y/N) scoffed.

"I should have gotten used to it by now." Her four quad friends beamed and motioned her to join.

(Y/N) laughed again and they all placed their hands in the middle.

"Ah, Harpers!" They brought up their hands it up and Tom smacked himself in the eye.

"Okay, I totally deserved that."

~~~

Nicky was flashing his flashlight at his window that night. When (Y/N) flashed back, he grinned and grabbed the new family dog. "Where you going?" Dawn asked.

"Time for Gary to get used to our traditions!" Nicky said happily, already out the door.

"His name isn't—okay he's gone," Dawn groaned and let her head hit her pillow again.

As Nicky went down, he heard the knock on the door and immediately went to open it. (Y/N) stood there, in her white pajamas, a sticker-covered guitar in her hand while the other rubbed her eye.

"Nice guitar," Nicky joked.

(Y/N) stuck her tongue out. "Nice pajamas."

Nicky looked down at his blue pajamas that were covered in puppies. "They're for the occasion!" When (Y/N) sat down on the couch, Nicky sat next to her. "You finally decorated your guitar huh?"

"Yep! My favorite one's the one with Austin Moon."

Nicky pretended to gag. "He's overrated.

(Y/N) deadpanned. "Fine, I guess I'll take my guitar and leave then—"

"No come on!" the youngest quad held his hand out, pushing the girl to sit back down. "You promised! Whenever I wanna hear your musical genius at night, you'll play!" He then held up the new dog and pouted. "This time he wants to hear it."

(Y/N) sighed, rubbed her head, and prepared her guitar. "You're lucky I love you."

Nicky beamed, excitedly saying thanks, as he placed the dog on his lap and laid down, his head near (Y/N)'s legs. (Y/N) scoffed, thanking her stars he didn't think much of what she said.

She strummed her guitar to the tune of "Falling In Love in a Coffee Shop" by Landon Pigg, as Nicky and the dog slowly began to drift off to sleep.

~~~

HEY THERE!!

Soooo this is an experiment. I was rewatching Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, and Dawn and I had an idea of making an X Reader for Nicky. I don't know why, I just had a character in mind and wanted to put her in the show! I'm experimenting to see how long I can stay committed to writing this and to see how many people are going to be invested.

Here are just some of my reminders!

1. Some of the dialogue is obviously going to be from the show so I suggest that you find a way to watch the episodes while reading this so you can have a visual of the flow of the story :D

2. Since (Y/N) is a musician, she's going to have some songs she wrote herself but I'm lazy to write my own songs, so sometimes I'm going to say she wrote them but they were written by someone else. Of course I'll still give credit and I will indicate whether or not she wrote them in the story.

3. A lot of times I may or may not be inspired by Austin and Ally and other Disney shows. Just sayin.

4. Since sometimes there really are "just quad" episodes, and if ever I do write them I'll only write a little bit of (Y/N) inserted, or I'll write them in (Y/N)'s perspective. But please read ALL the chapters in chronological order! Don't skip anything cuz they're all crucial to the story's relationship. I put a lot of thought into each chapter.

5. The show is about the quadruplets, but this story will mainly focus on (Y/N). I just want to see more stories of (Y/N) in the world of NRDD and dealing with her love for music and performing and her crush on Nicky Harper. Most of the first few episodes is (Y/N) trying to hide her lovesickness and Nicky being cute and oblivious. But I'll assure now that they do get together!

Hope that all makes sense! Really hope you like the story and choose to stick around. Comments and feedback are appreciated!

P.S. I'm making a playlist for the songs I'll mention in this book :)) Enjoy!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/71QQNFcdXgv6zzq33lYlgU?si=311c5606a0304421

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

71.6K 1.4K 24
"Yeah, your my minecraft girlfriend now, I've decided that." "We haven't even been on a minecraft date, how is that possible huh?" Two people who don...
1.9K 52 14
NO MORE UPDATES! But feel free to continue reading, just refrain from asking for more updates. 𝑎 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑠𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑛𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑑�...
401 35 24
Well, it's a group of one shots, preferences and imagines that I wrote on Tumblr and notes before so I'll post them here so that my work won't be los...
59.2K 1.4K 32
{ONGOING} Requests Open! Female reader - mainly female x female, but there are a few male x female dotted here and there. ◦Written in second person (...