Erased (Chaelisa Au)

By Proud_Bitch96

The story is based on ERASED, known in Japan as Boku dake ga Inai Machi. Japanese anime and live action serie... More

Chapter 1: Life Flashlight Before Your Eyes
Chapter 2: The Ten Year Revival
Chapter 3: Lost Time Regained
Chapter 4: A Dark Discovery
Chapter 5: Park Chaeyoung
Chapter 6: X Day (part 1)
Chapter 6: X Day (Part 2)
Chapter 8: The Moment I Missed
Chapter 9: Failure
Chapter 10: The Spider's Web
Chapter 11: Lingering Darkness
Chapter 12: Rescue
Chapter 13: Repeated Scenes
Chapter 14: Intruder
Chapter 14 : Intruder (Part 2)
Chapter 15: Hero
Chapter 16: Chaos Outside the Loop
Chapter 17: Prey
Chapter 17: Prey (Part 2)
Chapter 18: A Town Without Only You
Chapter 18: Continue..(Part 2)
(Extra Chap) Hints of Culprit
Chapter 19: Good Morning
Chapter 20: Waking
Chapter 21: Begin Again
Chapter 22: Ace in the Hole
Chapter 23: Resurgence
Chapter 24: Something Wicked
Chapter 25: Treasure

Chapter 7: Refuge

253 8 4
By Proud_Bitch96

A/N: I keep saying I broke chapters to make them shorter but this one ended up to still be a bit long...

Other character POVs will start after chapter 9

I don't own this story .

Lisa was up and running bright and early the next day, she even went out of the way to make breakfast to her dad's own surprise. Sure the toast was a bit overdone but the eggs turned out pretty well so she decided to just call that a win. See, Lisa's got a plan she thinks would work pretty well.

She knew she didn't exactly have much info on who the real criminal was and it would be hard to work off from that angle, so she decided that she'd do her best to make sure that he doesn't get an opportunity to ever approach his targets.

Which she then figured out would work well for Chaeyoung too.

If she kept Chaeyoung out of her house for as much as possible, then she could keep her safe. If what Suho said was true, her step-mom wouldn't dare to lay a finger on Chaeyoung if it meant she had to go to school the next day or if it meant that she'd have to miss many days to allow the bruises to heal enough that they wouldn't be noticeable and Chaeyoung would be able to cover them up easily.

So really, it's a win-win. She gets to spend time with Chaeyoung, she gets to protect her from her step-mom, and away from the kidnapper who's going to target her.

Hence, why she's been in a pretty good mood.

"Why do I feel like you're trying to butter me up?" Dr. Manoban asked as he took his seat on the table after Lisa had set the food.

"Maybe I am." Lisa admitted, sitting across him and digging in.

"Okay." Dr. Manoban replied. "You're not in trouble at school, are you? Because we've talked about this Lisa, the deal I made with you regarding college..."

"I know." Lisa replied. "I know the deal, don't have to repeat it. Besides, I'm actually considering that maybe you're suggestion on the whole college thing might not be so bad."

"Oh?" Dr. Manoban asked as he looked at Lisa incredulously. "You're not one who usually changes her mind that easily. What made you say that?"

The truth about that matter was that Lisa's lived the struggling artist life. That and she's put a lot of thought into things. It wasn't about the safe job she might get with a degree but the fact that if she chose to take a major related to her passions in making music, then it could potentially lead to internships and job opportunities that could get her into the industry.

Plus, if it helped her convinced her dad of her idea, skip out on the whole time travel details of her woeful tale and all too, then the better.

"Nothing, I'm just considering options." Lisa then replied. "But listen, I was wondering if you could give me the permission to go out this Saturday and stay out a bit late."

"Why?" Dr. Manoban asked, donning his best strict dad face.

"I'm just going out with a friend." Lisa replied. "Hey, be thankful I'm letting you know instead of just sneaking out when you're already sleeping."

"I suppose you have a point there." Dr. Manoban then said. "Is it a date?"

"N-no." Lisa replied, doing her best to keep her eyes on her own plate, the crack in her voice betraying her slightly.

"Really?" Dr. Manoban went on. "Because if it is a date, I might even give you money for it, make sure you're holding onto something other than your allowance."

"Wait, seriously?" Lisa then replied, surprise in her tone.

"Oh, so it is a date then?" Dr. Manoban then said.

Damn it. That was smooth, father, smooth.

"No. I-I already told you..." Lisa replied before clearing her throat and trying to keep the fluttering feeling inside of her from overwhelming her.

There were more serious matters at hand.

"I'm planning to go out with Chaeyoung." Lisa then replied and Dr. Manoban simply nodded.

"Still sure you've got nothing you want to tell me?" he then asked.

"Yes. Quit bugging me about that already." Lisa replied, looking down on her plate again and placing her head in her hands as she ate, hoping her father doesn't notice the bright crimson color undoubtedly tainting her cheeks.

"Alright." Dr. Manoban replied, hands up in the air in surrender. "For as long as you come home before midnight."

"At midnight the latest." Lisa then bargained.

"Okay. But that's the latest. And you're telling me where you're going."

"Deal." Lisa replied with a genuine smile. Things were falling into place.

So maybe that's why Lisa's been in a good mood the entire day, buying Jennie lunch for her help the day before in keeping Chaeyoung company while she enjoyed pretty much the rest of her free time with Chaeyoung studying at the library. For her part, Chaeyoung didn't protest when Lisa asked if she could join her, also thankful that the fiasco about forgetting Chaeyoung's birthday was temporarily forgotten. Despite everything that's happened, she had to admit that Chaeyoung's resolve in working hard at school was something to be admired. Suho, who Lisa had a brief chat with after running into each other on the way to school, had pretty much said the same.

"She really wants to get out of here you know. Get into college, live independently. Chaeyoung's always been a good student so she knows that's her ticket out." he had said.

And in a way, it gave Lisa the boost she needed to tackle her own scholastic progress if she really is serious in giving going to college a try.

Lisa sat in comfortable silence doing her own work, glancing up at Chaeyoung every once in a while. She knew that for her plan to work, she'd have to actually invite Chaeyoung but she hasn't settled her options on where to go first. Making a mental note to finalize plans later, Lisa tried to focus on studying but getting through her math homework was harder than Lisa had wished it to be, and going through the notes that she did have was just painfully boring.

So Lisa tried to motivate herself with a bit of music, placing her the trusty headphones she had always hanging around her neck over her ear and turning on her old iPod and listening to some the first song and mashups she'd worked on, putting a smile on her face as she felt a wave of nostalgia hit her.

Lisa managed doing pretty well after that, fining it easier to focus on her work. Before she knew it, the situation had reversed and, to her own surprise, Lisa found Chaeyoung starring at her as she worked.

"Sorry, just... you started tapping and humming and..." Chaeyoung started to say.

"Oh, drat. Didn't mean to disturb you." Lisa mumbled as an apology but Chaeyoung shook her head.

"No, I... I was kind of just intrigued." Chaeyoung then replied. "I always see you with your head phones on and all. What do you listen to all day long, anyways?"

"Oh, you wanna..." Lisa replied, taking her headphones off without a hesitation and offering it to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung gingerly took the pair of headphones from her and carefully placed them on her own ears. Chaeyoung smiled, bright and warm, as soon as she heard the music playing - and oh God, Lisa never through she'd never see Chaeyoung ever smile in the way that she used to during brighter days - looking at Lisa with a questioning gaze.

"Where did you find these? They're pretty amazing. Original song right? Who's the DJ who made them? I don't think I've heard them on the radio before."

Lisa gave a smug smile, feeling a bit of pride. "Glad you like my work." she then replied and Chaeyoung looked at her surprised.

"Wow, didn't realize you've got talent like this, Manoban." Chaeyoung noted. "A bit conceited listening to your own work though, don't you think?"

Lisa shrugged. "I like remembering the things that inspired me to make them." she then said and Chaeyoung once again gave her a questioning look but Lisa chose not to answer.

She was rather thankful Chaeyoung didn't push her for more info either as they were all rather personal.

And some of the song may or may not have been inspired by Lisa's pinning on Chaeyoung with her stupid crush and all.

But while the answers did stay hidden for now, Chaeyoung's question did give Lisa an idea.

A bit of research to make sure the place she had in mind was still open in the middle of winter led Lisa to her decision the next day. Thankful for having to catch Chaeyoung just as they headed for their music class, she decided that she wasn't going to waste her opportunity to ask the redhead her question.

However, Seungri just had to have been carrying some weird type of oriental instrument into the classroom for a bit of show and tell that Chaeyoung and Lisa ended up having to help him to set it up instead as soon as they settled their stuff on their seats. Lisa decided to just catch up and ask Chaeyoung on the way home instead, in case things end up interrupting her chances again.

While the rest of the class actually turned out to be interesting, it still ended up in a bit of drama. Lisa wasn't really sure what the hell Momo's problem was but just before class ended, she made it a point that her wallet was missing and blamed Chaeyoung for it.

"Why on earth would Chaeyoung even try and do that? She would never do such a thing!" Lisa instantly reacted as soon as she insinuated it. Chaeyoung looked at her stunned with Lisa's sudden outburst, but to Lisa, just Because Chaeyoung was alienating herself doesn't mean people get to do stupid things like this. "If anything, I'd say it's rather suspicious you're dead set in thinking Chaeyoung did it."

Chaeyoung checked her bag before tossing the wallet back to Momo, her jaw set tightly as she glared back. But before Momo could say anything, Jennie pointed out that since Seungri asked everyone to step up and give playing the instrument a try anyone could have decided to play the prank. That's when Seungri stepped in and diplomatically handled everything else, asking both Momo and Chaeyoung to stay a bit after class to talk to them about the whole scene.

"What the hell is her problem?" Lisa fumed as soon as they stepped out of the classroom.

"Maybe she's jealous of Chaeyoung? I don't know. They used to be friends." Sehun offered as an explanation.

"I think I might have an idea." Dahyun replied, sounding a bit bummed. "Momo isn't so bad you know, people just do irrational things when, well..."

"When what?" Lisa asked, still pretty much upset by the whole thing but Dahyun decided to keep mom about it.

It wasn't until the day that Lisa managed to run into Chaeyoung again. "Mind if I walk home with you?" Lisa asked, a question she's been asking Chaeyoung pretty much every day now.

"I don't think you need to ask anymore." Chaeyoung then replied. "Although, I am curious, what's up with this whole thing of you walking me home?"

Lisa shrugged. "I just wanna spend time with you, is that bad?"

"Lisa, you promised." Chaeyoung then replied reminding her of what she had once said.

That she won't lie to her, ever.

"It is the truth." Lisa replied. "Besides, it'll keep idiots away from pulling any pranks." she then gave as a reply, the closest thing to the truth she could actually say Because how does she even explain to Chaeyoung that she just wants to keep her safe? From her step-mom and what Lisa knew would happen to her?

"About that." Chaeyoung then replied. "Thanks."

"For what?" Lisa asked.

"You know, I lost most my friends after my dad... you know. A lot of things happened in between and if I'd cry, I'm seeking attention, for example. I realized that high school's just filled with people like that. People who just want the spotlight, and live in the glory that comes with admiration. I just couldn't stand it. They didn't care, they didn't want to listen. It's one thing to try and just find a way to get through each day as bearable as possible and play the role you invented for that purpose. It's another to pretend and play with people's lives."

Lisa simply listened as Chaeyoung unloaded her thoughts. She could tell, she felt alone.

She was suffocating and no one could see it.

She was screaming and no one could hear it.

That's why she decided to just push people away.

"Well, you have me now." Lisa then replied, catching Chaeyoung's attention.

Chaeyoung briefly smiled. "Funny isn't it? It feels like a role reversal." she replied and Lisa couldn't help but chuckle. It was true. Chaeyoung was this ray of sunshine who would always try to smile at her, greet her, offer her hand and pull her from the shadows.

And when they were younger and Lisa lost her mom, she could vaguely remember Chaeyoung being their trying to reach out to her then.

But she really was an idiot Because she shut her down then.

"So, Saturday. Would you like to come join me on a short trip somewhere?" Lisa then asked, changing the topic and catching Chaeyoung a bit off guard.

"I don't think I can, Lisa." Chaeyoung replied.

"Then I'll ask for permission for you." Lisa then said, not simply giving up.

Chaeyoung looked uncertain for a moment but she could tell that Lisa wasn't going to take no for an answer. She regarded her for a minute, trying to get a read on what could be going on in Lisa's little head, but nevertheless relented into letting her try.

Lisa felt nervous, of course she did, but to choose fear now felt like betraying Chaeyoung. So she took a deep breath and chose to be brave instead.

As it turned out, Chaeyoung's step-mom was already at home by the time they get out of school.

And of course asking permission for Chaeyoung to come with her ended up with a 'no'.

But Lisa wasn't just going to take that standing. Getting Chaeyoung out of the house was the only simple and small thing a high school student like her could do.

And of course that ended up terribly, with Chaeyoung's step-mom seemingly close to losing her cool. For a moment there, Chaeyoung seemed like she was about to angle herself between Lisa and her step-mom, but in an unexpected turn of events, her father showed up.

Dr. Manoban decided to step-in and intervene, asking Mrs. Park to relent and let Chaeyoung go with Lisa.

"I just don't think that two high school kids should be going out all day on their own, and quite frankly, this matter doesn't concern you, Ben."

"Oh, I'd say about half of it is mine." he replied. "Besides, what kind of trouble do you think they'd get into?"

"Do you want to go?" Mrs. Park then asked Chaeyoung still sounding quite annoyed. If anything, Lisa thought that it sounded more like barking.

Lisa had to admit, she was a bit scared that Chaeyoung would cave, that she would say no.

But Chaeyoung found the courage to say yes.

And that was that.

Lisa felt a smile tug at her lips as she continued to walk home with her did. "So, did I do good back there?"

Lisa chuckled. "Yes." she replied. "Although what are you doing home so early anyways?"

"Oh, the breaker short circuited in our building blazed up a little. The university decided it was safer to cancel classes being held there for the day to make sure everyone was safe until they got everything under control. I was going around for a walk around the neighborhood when I saw you and Chaeyoung and decided to follow you."

"You followed us?" Lisa asked, repeating her father's words.

"I'm kidding. Besides, we were walking towards the same general direction." Dr. Manoban then replied.

"Thanks pops." Lisa gave a response despite still looking at him suspiciously. She knew the truth, he most definitely followed them to snoop a little or something. After all, he hasn't stopped asking questions about Chaeyoung, like how they started becoming friends and all.

Her dad simply smiled before placing a hand on Lisa's shoulders as they continued along their walk.

"Just promise me you're not going to give up on this halfway, Lisa." he then said.

Lisa nodded, not entirely sure what he meant by it.

It was never her intention to give up on any of this in the first place.

Lisa led the way up the trail through the snow covered trail, offering Chaeyoung a hand as they continued on along the path. The main skiing area of the resort was on the opposite direction of where they were headed, making Chaeyoung even more curious as they continued on their way up.

Darkness loomed around her life for the last few months starting with the accident that took her father's life. No, perhaps even before that. Maybe it started when her mother died of an illness. Maybe it started when she believed that the woman her father he ended up marrying would be kind and loving, would be someone who could make her father happy.

Or maybe it didn't start then. Maybe it started somewhere along the way just like the sun ended up setting while on their way to the ski resort.

Maybe it started when her dad got busier with his start-up company, when her step-mom demanded more time.

Maybe it started when Chaeyoung saw her with her having lunch with her dad's friend and they had a massive argument about it.

Maybe it started when her step-mom miscarried.

And she blamed Chaeyoung.

For every bad thing that happened since.

Not that she doesn't blame herself a little bit either.

Chaeyoung smiled, reaching out to accept Lisa's hand, noting how cold it was. Here they were trapesing through the snow again without gloves again. Although Chaeyoung had to admit, she was a bit impressed with how Lisa was doing so well without scarves or any added layers, just her blue long sleeved shirt underneath and the black hooded winter jacket. Lisa's smile got bigger as she practically pulled her along the way to get to their destination faster, interlacing their fingers once Chaeyoung matched her pace.

Chaeyoung smiled softly to herself, Lisa's been doing that a lot lately.

Never in her wildest dreams did she ever thing that Lisa Manoban would ever even talk to her. All she's gotten as a reaction from her in the past was an awkward shy smile or mumbling muttered greetings.

Lisa always seemed to be too content to be on her own, with her headphones pretty much always on her ear, working on her laptop on song that Chaeyoung never knew about until now, and keeping people at bay. She's only ever started hanging out with a select hand few of people, and now apparently Chaeyoung too.

In a way, Lisa was like the multitude stars above the dark sky.

An unexpected light.

And Chaeyoung really didn't know what to make of it.

She's always liked Lisa. Even when she was dating Suho, she knew she had a bit of a crush on her, but she dashed the hopes of anything ever coming out of it. Lisa just seemed to be too distant.

But now, she seems to be fighting for Chaeyoung's company. She was opening herself up, closing that distance herself.

Chaeyoung could pretend she doesn't see it either, but she knows that Lisa cared for her. She found out her dark secret, but respected her boundaries with what she was willing to share. Unlike Suho who wanted to know every excruciating detail just to help her, and jump into a situation without thinking. She knows he cared, that's why he's asking how he could help, but having her relive things she's not ready to face, things happening to her that she's still trying to catch up and comprehend and accept, it just felt suffocating.

Because this isn't about Suho getting the chance to play the hero.

And yet here's Lisa, offering a simple solution to a complex problem. Fighting to help her in a constructive way.

She's thankful for that.

She's thankful for Lisa always keeping her company without asking much in return. It made her feel less lonely.

She's thankful for how she'd offer to walk with her home after school, chatting about pretty much anything - it was mostly music, especially with how Lisa started sharing more of her song with her, even bringing earphones that day instead of her usual headphones so that they could share. It made her feel a bit of happiness.

She's thankful for the subtle ways Lisa would make sure she was okay. The whole loud announcement she made the day before as she walked her home that she would pick her up Saturday morning on their way to make-up classes included.

And she's thankful that Lisa Manoban who always had a scowl on her face in the morning was standing outside her door bright and early Saturday morning with a thermos of hot chocolate and breakfast sandwiches her dad made that the two of them could share.

"Where are you actually taking me, Lisa?" then asked as she started to go off the main trail and past a thicket of massive pine trees that Chaeyoung was starting to wonder what exactly was Lisa thinking at the moment or if they were actually just lost and Lisa didn't want to admit to anything.

But Lisa did answer. She didn't need to.

They stepped into a clearing, Lisa once again taking the lead before pulling Chaeyoung closer as they approached a gigantic tree in the middle. Some of its branches had frozen over, a few icicles hanging on the tips that Lisa didn't dare take any step closer than where they were at a safe distance.

Oh but the sight of it was truly wonderful.

Especially with how the stars shone ever so brightly in the night sky - Chaeyoung's never even seen that many before - and how they reflected on the ice that formed, twinkling like happy little lights illuminating the area.

"My dad used to bring me here." Lisa then said. "Once with my mom, during our last Christmas together, and then during our first few Christmases without her. Even when I was upset with him, he'd still bring me here for tradition's sake, and that giant oak tree is our Christmas tree. I guess it can be ours now."

Chaeyoung chuckled, "Lisa, it's the tail end of January." she pointed out but Lisa simply shrugged. Somehow Chaeyoung knew it didn't matter if it was the tail end of January or the beginning of July for that matter.

It was still their Christmas tree.

And Chaeyoung smiled a little bit more, realizing that she was truly glad she decided to have a bit of courage and accept Lisa's offer.

She hadn't been this happy in a long while.

Perhaps it was that thought that made Chaeyoung worry a bit with what would come next, unsure if she was even allowed to still be happy with the hell she's been living through.

A place doesn't really want to go back to.

"Hey Chaeyoung, wanna come over tomorrow?" Lisa asked on their way back. She walked Chaeyoung all the way to their front porch, not letting her go until she's inside.

Even then Chaeyoung could recognize the way Lisa seemed to tense up, not exactly wanting to let go of her hand even when they've reached the end of the line.

"I can swing by to pick you up and bring you back in the late afternoon. I pitched the idea to my dad and he's pretty much expecting you to join us for brunch." Lisa then said loudly.

"I'll try." Chaeyoung replied, no promises.

She wasn't sure what the night would bring.

But apparently it only brought sweet dreams, Lisa's little declaration of plans doing the trick.

That's how for the first Sunday in a long while, Chaeyoung found herself in Lisa's room, listening to song, joining her and her dad for brunch and even an early dinner. She even got a personal playlist uploaded into her mp3 player courtesy of Lisa. It was a pleasant change from being practically shoved in an ice bath to heal the bruises on her skin in time for Monday.

And when Monday came, Chaeyoung got up early, beating Lisa to school and earning her a pout from the aspiring DJ Because they didn't get to walk together.

But the pout didn't last long.

Lisa smiled at her knowingly. "You look beautiful today." she said breathlessly.

Chaeyoung smiled back, genuinely happy.

It's all thanks to you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 137 7
all this was from 2020 but idk i felt like making it public again
733K 34.9K 58
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
124K 4.9K 14
Park Chaeyoung is at church every Sunday with a big secret and a lot of feelings. Lalisa Manoban is out and proud with a big secret and a lot of feel...
629K 31.7K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...