𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗞 | Hwang Hyunj...

By dandyskz

"Once again I walk towards you, One more step, I'll never stop, I'll always be on track." ... More

!!!
| o n e |
| t w o |
| t h r e e |
| f o u r |
| f i v e |
| s i x |
| s e v e n |
| e i g h t |
| n i n e |
| t e n |
| e l e v e n |
| t w e l v e |
| t h i r t e e n |
| f o u r t e e n |
| f i f t e e n |
| s i x t e e n |
| s e v e n t e e n |
| e i g h t e e n |
| n i n e t e e n |
| t w e n t y |
| t w e n t y - o n e |
| t w e n t y - t w o |
| t w e n t y - t h r e e |
| t w e n t y - f o u r |
| t w e n t y - f i v e |
| t w e n t y - s i x |
| t w e n t y - s e v e n |
| t w e n t y - e i g h t |
| t w e n t y - n i n e |
| t h i r t y |
| t h i r t y - o n e |
| t h i r t y - t w o |
| t h i r t y - t h r e e |
| t h i r t y - f o u r |
| t h i r t y - f i v e |
| t h i r t y - s i x |
| t h i r t y - s e v e n |
| t h i r t y - e i g h t |
| t h i r t y - n i n e |
| f o r t y |
| f o r t y - t w o |
| f o r t y - t h r e e |
| f o r t y - f o u r |
| f o r t y - f i v e |
| f o r t y - s i x |
| f o r t y - s e v e n |
| f o r t y - e i g h t |
Outro :]
[A/N]..heh.

| f o r t y - o n e |

1.5K 53 22
By dandyskz

Minho and Yejin's situation |
"Minho, let go," Yejin ordered as her wrist struggled with his secured grip. "Let me go, please."

Minho mentally blocked his ears as if he didn't hear her and continued to drag her to a place at school where no one would bother them, the rooftop. His teeth clenched together in annoyance with what he saw and heard regarding the school's dense rumor.

He didn't feel so thunderstruck about the school spreading all the dramas and rumors, after all, it is high school.

High school will always be shit. Minho knew that.

But something hurt in him when he found out his lover's true color. "Minho let me go." She yelled out to which he finally obeyed.

Minho turned around with his fist clenched close. His glare felt like sharp arrows piercing through her eyes as all the arrows made their way to her lungs, deflating them from oxygen.

"What the fuck was that?" He blurted out. "What the fuck was what? Why? Why do you care? We're not together anymore. You have no control over me." She replied, trying to cover up the fact that she was scared.

"Damn. Was it nothing to you? Did it mean nothing to you? Hey," he raised an eyebrow with a scoff. "This is our problem, why are you dragging other people here? If you wanted to find out who told me, you could've just asked me."

"But it's so obvious already."

Minho chuckled at her ridiculousness. "You love making theories so much, don't you? It's pointless to explain shit to you." He clicked his tongue in disbelief. "Hey. The real question here isn't: who showed me."

"But," he bit his inner cheeks, looking away. "If it's the fact that, if I didn't find out, would you still go on?" Minho asked seriously. "If I wasn't told by my cousin and if I didn't see it for myself. If I had just shrugged it off because I knew you had honest feelings for me, I thought you liked me."

"Would you still have continued?" He breathed out.

"Minho."

"Kang Yejin!" He shouted with his eyes shut close, "I'm asking you something."

"Minho I-."

"Look, Minho I'm sorry I-." Yejin tried to reach for his hand to which he quickly pulled to himself as his lips drew a smile of betrayal. "Fuck." He chuckled scornfully and faced her.

"I thought you were different. I thought you were the one. Did you know that?"

"How could you be so oblivious? I fucking thought of our future like a fool. Why? Because I really liked you Yejin. But it's like I don't know you anymore," he paused and let out a small gasp. "Shit." He almost choked on his tears. "I don't think I even ever knew you."

"Minho I- please."

"Forget it. Just stop causing someone who's already struggling more trouble. You're better than that."

"Minho let me-."

Minho shook his head. "You want to know who told me? It's my cousin, so leave Hyunjin's friend out of it."

"I'm sorry, Minho."

———————————————————————

February 15 | Saturday. 7:03 am

'Seunghee, we'd like you to move in with us. We found a new house and it's not big as what we had in Busan, but it is big just for all of us.'

'We just don't want you to struggle anymore. You've been struggling mentally, how can you even manage to struggle financially?'

Seunghee sighed in frustration as she recalled the words that left her aunt's lips the night before, making her bury her face into the palm of both of her hands. "But that's life." Seunghee could only muffle through her hands.

Shrugging that thought off, for now, she lifted her head to check her phone once more, still waiting for Hyunjae to respond.

"She's probably still asleep." The girl finally guessed.

Seunghee's hands made their way to grab the post-it note that was stuck on her wall.

"3,310,862" Seunghee nodded to herself and sighed. "Of course, I should work first." She then stretched her arms before repeating the words. "I should work first." She then grabbed her notepad and jacket before getting up from her seat.

Suddenly, the sound of her ringtone emits from her phone, causing the girl to halt her steps and grab the phone.

"phone call"

"Hello?" Seunghee immediately answered.

Seunghee heard soft breathing from the other side of the line as she stepped out of her compartment, closing the door behind her.

When she realized that no one answered, the girl stared at her phone to check the number once again then placed it back on her ears.

"Sorry, is this the center? Or are you-." The girl immediately took her phone away from her ear, just a few inches off, thinking that it could just be another spam call.

"Seungseung."

"Sorry?"

"It's Jisung."

"Oh," Seunghee placed the phone back on her ears as she then continued her steps towards the elevator, a smile forming on her lips. "Jisung, hi! How did you get my number- shit I don't think I even saved yours yet I-."

"It's fine. I got it from Sunwoo. " He gulped as she hummed— the atmosphere in the call suddenly turning into silence. "Is something wrong?"

"Sorry, I didn't disturb your sleep right?"

"No, not at all."

"I'm at the airport." His voice lowered.

"Huh? Isn't your flight like on Monday?"

"Yeah, but my grandparents wanted us to go there quickly so my dad booked an earlier flight and stuff, you know." He cleared his throat. "Listen, Seung, I'll uhm make this quick. Thank you for being my friend. I'm thankful for you and Sunwoo. I know I've been distant but you guys still- I mean you were patient with me, you know?" Seunghee heard muffled background noises of the airport announcements as he spoke to which she bit her lower lip.

"Hey, you were patient with us too. Most specifically me. It's nothing." The girl could only comfort him as she pressed the floor's button in the elevator. "Dude, don't beat yourself so much.. dammit, it honestly sucks that I can't see you go."

"It's okay. At least I won't cry." Jisung laughed

"Did you tell Sunwoo?"

"Yeah, I texted him just now, I think he's still sleeping." He chuckled, "Uhm. Yeah. Thank you. That's all I wanted to say."

Seunghee tsked. "You're acting like you'll be gone forever.. thank you too, Ji." — "Hey, we're always here okay? Remember that. I mean- We're not the gold-iest trio for no reason."

"Mhm." He chuckled, "you're right."

"When's your flight?"

"Uhm in two hours or so."

"Have a safe flight, Jisung. Let's keep in touch this time, can we?"

"Of course." Jisung could only smile on the other line as if she would see it. "Of course," he repeated.

"Seunghee! There you are!" The lady's voice emitted from Seunghee's line as she stepped out of the elevator. "Oh-. Uh Ma'am Lila!" She gulped.

"Jisung. Sorry, I gotta go. Take care and stay safe. Text me when you arrive in Malaysia!" She hastily said as the boy hummed in understanding. "Good luck today, Seung."

"Thank you. You too, peter. Safe flight!"

Jisung chuckled and then ended their call to which Seunghee smiled as she put her phone down into her coat's pocket, looking over the landlady.

"Okay. I know I should have asked you permission first but I was really in need of money, my dear." The woman started as she continued her approach, making Seunghee raise her eyebrows in confusion. "And it looked like the woman really cared about you and so I accepted the money and-."

"Sorry..?" Seunghee cut her off. "What money? What do you mean?"

"Oh, she didn't tell you yet?"

"Who..?"

"Door six, thirteen. She said she was your guardian and insisted on paying your rent. Besides, you're a student and I don't expect you to earn that much especially since it's the examination period." Lila explained.

Seunghee shut her eyes close, trying to recall what she has just heard. "Really..?" she muttered before nodding. "Okay... When did she-."

"Last night. Though it seems like you weren't told.." The lady tilted her head a bit as Seunghee nodded in agreement for she wasn't told at all. "Ah I'm sorry but I gotta go do my other work, my dear."

"Please talk to her, I'll give the money back only if it's her who asks for it." Lila started walking behind her then into the elevator, turning to face her. "But the lady seemed to be super sincere, just saying." Her eyes turn into crescents as soft wrinkles formed beside them.

Seunghee nodded slowly. "Thank you, Ma'am Lila.." She bit her bottom lips, feeling beyond speechless as the landlady nodded- the elevator door gradually closing as she did so. "Aunt.." The girl mumbled, running her hand through her hair.

Seunghee was stuck in a mixed feeling. She didn't know whether to be confused or frustrated.

It should have been a relief for she didn't have to worry about her bills anymore but, it felt even more pressuring.

Does this mean I will be moving in with them again?

This was most likely.

Half of her felt thankful and slightly relieved but it was covered with the guilt of being selfish— it was taken over by an avalanche of guilt.

Taking steps back towards the elevator to talk to her aunt, the notification tone from her phone causes her to stop.

Grabbing her phone again, she unlocked the phone.

7:34 am

@hyunj4e
shittt sorry 언니 (eonnie/older sister for female)
I almost overslept tbvh 😭😭 I forgot about my shift

-> replied to your message.
wdym let you work, did you rest already? 🤨

@kseungh_
It's okay!
you seem tired :(
And yes work 🤨
I'm actually heading to the café right now

@hyunj4e
nope just slept late 😭 my fault ik
but I gotta do it for Park Seojun
If this is about my exams
I couldn't care less
U don't have to come to work
You need rest!

@kseungh_
Park Seojun
OH HIS NEW DRAMA?

also I need to, hyunjae
I applied bc I wanted to, work is work, I gotta do it.
It isn't fair honestly
Besides, I'm heading there no matter what you say
Let me take over your shift for the finals week aight?
"Aight!"
Okay thank you :D

@hyunj4e
yhhh 🤩

I-
gIRL
okay lemme like dress up first pls
i'm meeting u at the café
and no okay fine u can work
but i'll work too

@kseungh_
heheheheh thank you luv 💙
but like lemme take over your shift too for a week at least
you did so much for me
it's the least I can do
seen

7:42 am

@hyunj4e
🥺luv
better be happy you're old
-er
older* ehem.
noo it's okay honestly
it's my grandpa's café and I love it
I can manage

@kseungh_
Nah why do you all act like i'm a grandma (T . T)
I love the café too but
eyy I told you I'll take over your shift since you took over mine so

@hyunj4e
-> replied to your message.
I would say something but I don't wanna offend u 😭

Ahh:(((( fineee
I'll still work today tho.
wait let's talk irl instead
Ima open the store rn it's almost 8
I honestly miss working w/ u

@kseungh_
-> you replied to hyunj4e's message.
Say whatever you want it's okay bub! I won't be offended XDD

wahh imy too (;'༎ຶٹ༎ຶ')💙
I'll head over there now ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ

@hyunj4e
tsk tsk she's back with the emoticons jajaksksk

-> replied to your message.
okay 😭
"because you are (a grandma)"
runs
seen

"Pfft." Seunghee chuckled as she turned her phone off, sliding it in her pocket while backing away from the elevator,. She then proceeds to turn around and head outside the apartment, the thought of talking to her aunt gradually vanishes as she did so.

———————————————————————
10:05 pm

"Aren't we closing earlier than usual?" Seunghee said while flipping the sign to close the cafeteria for the day.

She then took the cloth from her apron's pocket before looking over at Hyunjae who was holding onto the broomstick to rest for a bit. "Nope, grandpa said he'll close it earlier now since I was, you know, struggling.  Also, because of the examination period." She chuckled.

"Ei I knew it.." Seunghee sighed as Hyunjae giggled as she continued sweeping. "It's okay though, it was only for three days. It was nothing, to be honest. Plus, I heard there'll be a new worker soon, he applied like yesterday?"

Seunghee nodded as she listened, wiping the tables clean. "It's good that we got someone new."

"Yeah." Hyunjae laughed. "Alright, honestly, you should go home now, you're probably tired, Seunghee."

"You are too."

"I live right behind this cafeteria anyways, I'm good. I know, you probably feel bad and stuff, but don't. That's what friends are for." - "I'm honestly just thankful you're gonna work with me again, it was lonely." She huffed and pouted. "Let's work together, at least we can take turns to study in between, you know."

"True." Seunghee smiled a bit, "thank you, Hyunjae, really. Like, not everyone would, you know, do that. I appreciate it so much and still, I wanna give you something in return."

"No need! Give and take, Seunghee. It's nothing. Sometimes you just have to accept things without returning anything, sometimes gratitude is more than enough." Hyunjae smiled brightly. Her eyes almost being unseen as she was smiling from ear to ear.

It was too genuine that Seunghee couldn't help but smile back. "You're right. Thank you, Hyunjae."

"Don't mention it. You're my 언니 (older sister for female) after all." Hyunjae replied before carrying on to continue sweeping the floor.

Seunghee snickered, fixing the chairs. "You don't wanna eat afterward though? My treat." The younger one now had her attention towards her, looking down at her stomach before looking back at Seunghee.

"Well... I'm kinda hungry.."

"Let's wrap up quickly then so we can eat." Seunghee chuckled to herself, wiping the rest of the table clean.

"Can we eat fishcakes? I'm craving tteokbokki."

"Of course."

———————————————————————

11:23 pm

Seunghee bit her lower lip in indecisiveness. Her eyes lingered on the door in front of her, wondering if she should visit at that moment or the next day instead.

Give and take.

She recalled these words from her precious friend as she heard muffled dialogue noises emitting from the television inside the apartment.

Finally releasing her lip to take a deep breath, she inwardly encourages herself to hit the doorbell. Immediately withdrawing her hand to herself after doing so.

The door swung open, revealing her aunt, who, immediately looked away from their eye contact. "If you're here about the rent, I'm not taking it back."

"I don't care if you're not ready to move in with us again.." She looked as if she repressed herself to say any harsh words, shutting her eyes close to continue her speech. "But you're moving with us. I let you off for three years, I'm not gonna let you struggle again for another decade."

"This is the least I can ever do as gratitude for what your mom has done for u-." Seunghee couldn't fight the urge to give her the warmest and biggest embrace that would still be, yet, too small to show her how thankful Seunghee was.

Her aunt was taken aback by this sudden action, her arms slowly snakes around her but still attempts to keep her small sulk. "Why are you- if you think hugging me would make me drop the payment don-." She halts her words as she heard small sniffles.

Seunghee lowers herself down to rest her chin on her aunt's shoulder. "Seunghee, why are you crying hm? I'm sorry, hey don't cry." Her aunt immediately rubbed her back in comfort.

"Thank you," Seunghee uttered. Her breathing warmed up as the tip of her nose brushes the color of pink, tears running down her eyes as she did so— inhaling the snot that dared to come out.

"Thank you so much and I'm sorry."

Her aunt confusedly scoffs, still rubbing her back. "What are you sorry for? You did nothing wrong."

"Just," Seunghee wiped her eyes with the hem of her sleeves, sniffing again as tears raced down her face. "Just everything. I'm sorry for everything."

"You foolish girl why would you be sorry? Hm? It's not your fault." — "Here let me see." Her aunt pulled away from the hug, brushing off the hair from her face to wipe her tears away.

"Look at you, you're as red as ever. You look like a tomato, you know that?" The elder chuckled with her eyes showing tints of light pink, "our tomato~ we're the one who's sorry. We couldn't get your parents back for you."

"Not even a picture, I'm sorry," Tears now rolled down on the elder's eyes as she carried on to run her hand from the top of the teenager's hair to her cheeks, wiping the endless tears away. "It must've been hard hm?"

Seunghee nodded slowly, biting her lower lip only to release it again. Casting her stare on the floor first, she sniffled once more and mentally tried to toughen up before looking back at her aunt with a slight smile. "It was hard, but I learned a lot of things."

"I met a lot of people. I've improved a lot as a person— though I have much more to improve in, I-." Seunghee let out a little chuckle before shaking her head as she could barely process her own words. "My point is, you did everything you could ever do for me and I'm thankful."

"So.. don't ever be sorry about anything, aunt. You did nothing wrong." She took a deep breath as she placed her hand over the elder's, which was currently on her cheeks. She watched her aunt's eyes glisten. "I'll move in with you if that's what you want."

"I'll do my best to live a long and resilient life because you did everything just so I could live healthily." Seunghee gulped, "though this might sound really selfish."

Seunghee took both of her hands in hers with a small smile. "But someone told me to give and take. Someone told me that I was human too. Heck.. many people tried to teach me things but I've only built a wall."

"But I'm only now accepting the lessons."

The elder smiled, pulling her back into her embrace. "Ah, you're a big big girl now too." She mumbled, rubbing the girl's back as she did so. "You grew up well," she continued. "You look more like your father but your personality entirely resembles your mother."

Seunghee could only suppress a giggle at that thought, thinking to herself, 'really?'. However, she chooses to stay quiet and feel the comfort that she has rarely felt until recently.

"Seunghee, it's okay." Her aunt now spoke in a genuine and reassuring tone."It's okay to be selfish sometimes. As long as you stay humble and kind, it's okay. Being too nice is a sin, honey."

The girl merely nodded, trying her best to keep that stuck in her mind. "Thank you," she whispered. "No, thank you, my love."

"For?"

"For letting us take care of you."

———————————————————————

A/N: a filler chapter haha, sorry for disappearing. Will try to finish this book soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

361K 12K 59
[COMPLETED] In which Felix is depressed because of his childhood trauma. He thought his life wasn't worth to save. But then the cold popular guy not...
13.1K 457 12
His escape turned out to be another way into pain. One that was even worse... • ‚Why are you running away from me?' Minho asked, he didn't respond...
46.5K 2.2K 13
"You don't know me, Felix. I'm not a good person like you think. You really shouldn't bother yourself with me. You'll only end up getting hurt." "Wha...
2.5K 56 47
" 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙡𝙡 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙧𝙚𝙥𝙪𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣! " Minho cried. Minho fell first but the popular boy ( hyunjin ) fell harder. / a story with...