Burning Desire

By wdwwayhoo

Isabelle is the reserve driver for McLaren in Formula One. It's the 2022 season and she has been enjoying tra... More

~ info ~
~Chapter One~
~Chapter Two~
~Chapter Three~
~Chapter Four~
~Chapter Five~
~Chapter Six~
~Chapter Seven~
~Chapter Eight~
~Chapter Nine~
~Chapter Ten~
~Chapter Eleven~
~Chapter Twelve~
~Chapter Thirteen~
~Chapter Fourteen~
~Chapter Fifteen~
~Chapter Sixteen~
~Chapter Seventeen~
~Chapter Eighteen~
~Chapter Nineteen~
~Chapter Twenty~
~Chapter Twenty One~
~Chapter Twenty Two~
~Chapter Twenty Three~
~Chapter Twenty Four~
~Chapter Twenty Five~
~Chapter Twenty Six~
~Chapter Twenty Seven~
~Chapter Twenty Eight~
~Chapter Twenty Nine~
~Chapter Thirty~
~Chapter Thirty One~
~Chapter Thirty Two~
~Chapter Thirty Three~
~Chapter Thirty Four~
~Chapter Thirty Five~
~Chapter Thirty Six~
~Chapter Thirty Seven~
~Chapter Thirty Eight~
~Chapter Thirty Nine~
~Chapter Forty~
~Chapter Forty Two~
~Chapter Forty Three~
~Chapter Forty Four~
~Chapter Forty Five~
~Chapter Forty Six~
~Chapter Forty Seven~
~Chapter Forty Eight~
~Chapter Forty Nine~
~Chapter Fifty~
~Chapter Fifty One~

~Chapter Forty One~

5.2K 110 9
By wdwwayhoo

"Good morningggg" a loud voice said through my phone when I answered it.

"Mmm" I groaned, pressing the speaker button and rolling over.

"Come on Izzy, you gotta get up" Natalie said. "We're going to Hawaii today!"

"The one morning where I am in my own bed, and I still have to get up early to catch another stupid plane"

"Oh come on" she sighed. "You get to see me today"

"That is true," I said.

"Come on, up you get" she said. "Now answer the face time so that I can see that you're up"

I let out a sigh and rolled back over, lifting my phone up and answering her face time.

"You are not a morning person" she laughed when my face appeared on the screen. 

"Shut up" I rolled my eyes, sitting up in my bed.

"Surprised that Lando isn't there with you"

"Why would he be?" I questioned.

"I don't know," she shrugged. "Just thought you guys would, ya know..."

"Would what?" I furrowed my eyebrows, staring at her through the screen.

"You know what I mean," she smiled. "Are you guys sharing a room together in Hawaii?"

"No!" I stated. "It's a nice house with two bedrooms. You and I are sharing one, and Max and Lando are sharing another"

"Damn, you guys should totally share" she smirked.

"Not happening Natalie" I shook my head with a laugh.

I finally got out of bed and did a quick stretch, then made my way to my kitchen and pulled my breakfast out of the fridge.

Natalie was already at the airport in Australia, drinking a coffee. "Have you even packed?"

"Yes" I nodded, pulling a fork out of the draw. "In my head"

"How long until you need to be at the airport?"

I looked at the time. "The uber will be here in just less than an hour"

Natalie's eyes widened. "Isabelle! Get off this call right now, get dressed, eat breakfast and finish packing your bags!"

"Ok, ok" I laughed, picking up the phone.

"Text me when you leave" she stated.

"Will do" I nodded.

Natalie then hung up the call and I placed my phone back down, then finished my breakfast.

I walked into my room and opened my chest of drawers, pulling out all of the clothes that I wanted to bring with me. I wasn't really thinking about outfits or anything, just whatever looked nice or comfortable. I always tend to over pack, but I don't want to get there and run out of outfits.

We were staying there for a week. So that meant a few bathing suits, whether they were bikinis or one pieces. I opened my drawer and pulled out all of the bikinis and one pieces that I had, then scavenged through them until I found my favourites and chucked them in the bag.

I folded everything quickly, checking the time again and realising that I was leaving in about 10 minutes. I couldn't close my suitcase, so I sat on top of it, bringing the top down more and zipped it closed.

I quickly grabbed something comfortable to wear for the trip there and put them on, chucking my dirty clothes into the laundry basket. I put my shoes on and then double checked that I had everything once I was ready.

I got a notification on my phone saying that my uber was out the front. I grabbed everything as quickly as I could and made my way to the front door. I opened the door and closed it behind me, locking it. Walking over to the uber, I said hi to the driver as he got out of the car to help me with my bags.

Once everything was in and we were in the car ready to go, I let out a breath and relaxed into the seat.

He pulled away from my house and we started making our way to the airport.

I placed my airpods in my ears and played a random daily playlist that was generated that morning. I saw that I had two notifications on messages.

Nat: Text me when you're on the way 

so I know you've left in time and 

won't miss your flight

Izzy: In the uber now

Nat: See you in a couple hours!!

Izzy: Can't wait!!

A small smile came to my lips when I saw who the other one was from.

Lando: Good morning! Hope you're awake and didn't sleep in

Isabelle: Morning Lando :)

Sorry for the late response, but I am awake 

and in the uber on my way now

Lando: You slept in didn't you?

Isabelle: Maybe...

Lando: Did you at least pack your bags last night?

Isabelle: 100%

Lando: I can't believe you 😂

Isabelle: Kind of ran out of time, so they're

 like half folded

Lando: I literally ironed mine

And Max's for that matter

Isabelle: Possibly want to iron mine at the house?

Lando: Why should I?

Isabelle: Because you love me :)

And you want me looking my best 24/7

Lando: Can't argue with that

I placed my phone back in my lap with a smile on my face. This trip was so last minute, but I think it'll actually be fun.

* ✷ ⊹ * ˚

Lando's POV

"Welcome to Hawaii" the pilot said over the intercom as the plane landed.

"Is it weird that I already feel relaxed?" Max asked, unplugging his charger cord from the plug and putting it back in his bag.

"No, because I feel it too," I informed him.

I looked beside me to where Isabelle was sitting. She was sound asleep. Her head was leaning against my shoulder and her feet were tucked up on her seat.

A small smile spread across my lips and I let out a small, content sigh.

Max chuckled, causing my attention to go to him.

"What?" I questioned.

"You're whipped mate" he laughed, shaking his head.

"I am not," I replied.

"Isabelle, why don't you stay the night? Isabelle, just wear my clothes, it's ok. Isabelle, I don't want you sleeping on the couch so let's share a bed" he said in a high pitched voice, but quiet enough that it wouldn't wake her.

I glared at him. "I do not sound like that"

"No, you don't. But you do act like that"

"Do not"

"Oh my god Isabelle, just kiss me already. I just want to kiss you already" he continued, and added kissing noises at the end.

I moved my arm and punched his. "Shut up man"

"Just asked her out already"

"No," I said quickly. 

"You shouldn't be worried, she obviously likes you back"

I turned my head back to Isabelle, seeing that she was still sound asleep on my shoulder. The butterflies had returned to my stomach, as they do every time she's near me.

A sigh was heard from Isabelle, and her eyes slowly opened. Instead of looking away, I froze. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Are we here?" she asked sleepily and moved away from my shoulder.

Already there was a cold spot where her head was and I wanted her to lay back down.

"Yes, we are here" Max answered for me.

Isabelle turned and looked out the window. "Wow, I actually slept the whole flight"

"You did," I nodded. "It was kind of cute"

I mentally punched myself for saying that.

She turned her head back towards me and smiled, before looking down at her lap.

She grabbed her stuff from the floor and then we stood up because it was our turn to exit the plane. Max and I grabbed our stuff from the overhead lockers and we made our way out of the plane and into the airport.

Isabelle pulled her phone out of her pocket and turned it off airplane mode.

"Natalie's waiting for us at the car" she informed us.

"Natalie's already here?" Max asked.

Isabelle looked at me with a smirk on her face. "Yes she is. And she's very excited to see you"

Max blushed slightly and looked down, before clearing his throat as we continued moving through the airport.

Once we collected our bags, we made our way to the exit and towards the car park.

Isabelle was on her phone basically the whole way there, I'm guessing she was texting Natalie because she knew exactly where we had to go. She was so excited to be here and see her best friend again, it brought a smile to my face. She had the biggest smile on her face and was basically skipping.

We were walking through all the cars in the rental area and Isabelle dropped her bags and started running. Max and I looked where she was going and saw Natalie in the distance.

We kept walking, and I picked up Isabelle's bags on the way. When we finally made it over to them they were still hugging and swaying back and forth.

Natalie looked up at us and saw saw Max, giving him a smile. 

Max smiled back and he looked incredibly nervous.

I nudged his arm, making him look towards me.

"What?" he questioned.

"You're whipped"

 ☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

This chapters a little boring I'm sorry, but I'm looking forward to the events that are going to take place on this trip!

I was listening to 'Like I can' by Sam Smith while writing some of this chapter, and it honestly makes me this of their relationship in this story. Idk if anyone else would think the same, but I was cute listening to it while writing some of this chapter. 

So excited for this weekend. Fingers crossed that we actually get a race. So currently manifesting a race this weekend because I'm a little worried bahaha

🕯🕯please let us have a race this weekend 🕯🕯

Anyway, I hope you have a great day/night :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 435 17
they do say, โ๐ง๐จ๐›๐จ๐๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐žโž maybe they weren't wrong. ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™, Childhood sweethe...
710K 31.4K 101
After a nasty breakup with her now ex-boyfriend Hangyeol, figure skater Kang Saena's not looking into getting in a new relationship anytime soon. Plu...
3.8M 89.4K 72
"The only thing i want from you is to see your name under mine when the race is over." "Pretty sure you want me under you more than you want that." โœผ...
1.1M 42.3K 65
โ there isn't a word to describe how much i hate you โž โ would it help you find one if i hit you with a dictionary? โž โœงหš. โƒ โ†ท หŠ- a story in which two...