The Vault (a poem and prose c...

By jmaltbn

This is my personal collection of poems and proses close to my heart. More

About the Collection
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
21
22
23
24

Ten

3 0 0
By jmaltbn

most of the time, i thought i am made from the griefs of the stars. i am made from dead marigolds swept on the corners of the cemetery, carefully made from a fallen love i never even had. i was made from a clear intention that I'm to be written as the saddest line you'll ever read than neruda's, that was much more a melancholy bukowksi could ever write. a similar depiction of sadness of van gogh's, darling. 

i'd like to think i was made from all of it.
i was made from it.

but i think i will no longer write about it. i will not write how i fell gracelessly from salvation nor i will write about slow dancing towards a freight train.

because i was never for it. i was never meant for it.

i think i am made for saving myself no matter how immemorially fucked up everything is. i am made not to dance towards that train because i am meant to ride it towards a big city where i could venture out, chase my dreams, have my heart broken over an actual person and not some straight-up-pulled-from-a-romance-book dude I was obsessing for months. maybe i was never broken, i was just too busy being all aware, too busy feeling everything, too busy being empathic, too busy being selfless.

i was too busy writing my name next to some saddest verses i could think from counting people over the park. i am ought to kiss the distant stars and won't tell myself i'm dead too but rather i will rest my head on the crook of its afterglow because i deserve a rest, i deserve the softness I've been depriving myself for years. i am ought to tuck a marigold on my ear and not label myself dead. I deserve a soft rendition of taking in reality that's too cruel for me for years.

— nana, "it's 2am and I'm thinking of getting my shit together"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 749 53
"I know I'm sunk deep to this point To the point where I'm drowned Into this bowl of honey I feel I feel like there's no other way out" A collectio...
20.1K 836 15
𝐀𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐰𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧...
5.6K 1.3K 57
Poems that twine thread around the broken bits of a soul, that fling umbrella lips into beaming buckets and kind of just make you want to say, "life...