Power Built In Sorrow (Male R...

By Hellbound199

A Young Man Lost His Family And Closest Friend To An Bandit Attack. During The Confrontation The Child Unlock... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55: Epilogue

Chapter 48

505 14 3
By Hellbound199

- Despite the girl's refusal and violent tendencies, Vonika didn't give up the chase. She never wanted to hurt the girl, but this is for her safety -

'Does she even have any sins?' Vonika thought, watching the girl fumble with the new pendant she acquired.

Vonika sniffed the air, hoping to get a single scent from the girl, "Gluttony?" Vonika mumbled, there certainly was a vague scent, but it was weird as if it's not hers.

"Gluttony!" She chanted. The spell worked... she felt it work. But the girl was unaffected. She moved closer to inspect, but the girl noticed her.

"You again! Didn't I tell you to leave me alone? Grr. You leave me no choice!" The girl threatened. She broke the pendant on her hand, yet nothing happened.

"What? What did you do!?" The girl panicked. She grabbed the pendants she currently had in her pockets and broke them all.

"W-Why aren't they summoning?" She bawled, her eyes slowly filling with tears.

- Vonika was confused. Her left hand adored the writings of Gluttony. Why wasn't it affecting the girl? Suddenly, she had an idea -

"I'm sorry if this will hurt." She apologized, conjuring the silver cross in her right hand.

- She charged the cross up until it was filled with blinding heavenly light. Before hesitation could eat her up, she released the charged-up light to the girl -

- Vonika breathed out in relief, seeing the cross pass through her without any harm done. But that relief soon turned to fear when she realized that her attack collided with something else -

"N-No." She mumbled with fear. In front of her eyes was the soul of (Y/N)'s sister, with an unknown entity bounding it.

"H-Help me..." Her soul reached out as the entity laughed.

- A flash of memory blinded Vonika. The creature holding onto (Y/N)'s sister is the same beast he would transform to in times of anger -

"So. You're the pest plaguing my friend and his sister." Vonika growled. She charged up the cross once more.

"Do it, girl!" The entity taunted, "Look at her, Vonika. She's crying, help (S/N), why won't you?" The entity cried before laughing at Vonika.

- Vonika lashed out, sending barrages of flaming bright crosses to the entity, but it laughed at her -

"You might have the power of another, Vonika. But the bonding of entity and soul is impossible." The entity laughed.

"Isn't that right, girl." It beckoned, using one of its sharp tendrils to raise the girl's face. Taunting Vonika more.

- Vonika sniffed the air again. The stench of Gluttony was now on full force, outside the body of (Y/N)'s sister -

"Your bond might be untouchable for now, but you aren't!" Vonika said. She activated the Gluttony spell once more, weakening the entity.

"You might have hold of me now, but once your mind depletes, your blood will be spilled by yours truly." The entity threatened, returning back to the girl's body with her soul.

- Vonika almost collapsed from stress, but she forced herself to stand up. This is the repayment for all the kindness (Y/N) has done her -

"Wait. Wait. Kindness? That Son of a b*tch left me to survive on my own inside the dungeon! He made me go through harsh training! And he threatened me all the time!" Vonika argued.

"Vonika... just let the story continue, please. I haven't been continuing this for months! My readers probably think I'm dead by now." Author requested, pushing Vonika back to her universe before taping the break on the 4th wall.

"What? Do you think fixing this is cheap!? Just go back to reading." Author said, shutting the hole with duct tape.

- *Ehem*. Vonika's repayment for his kindness. (S/N) <Sister's Name> saw everything and how Vonika was truly there to help her -

"I-Is it true? Is my brother really alive?" (S/N) asked. Hope filling her heart as she longs to be reunited with the last family she has.

"Yes. But we can't take you to (Y/N) for now." Vonika answered. (Y/N) is still at was with Ares. If the battle should happen, his sister might slip out and kill Ares herself.

"Why?"

"Just... trust me, please." Vonika answered, smiling at the girl as they continued to walk back to the house.

- They arrived and saw Valerie and Warren waiting for her with worried looks. Vonika stepped closer with (S/N). The two notice them and adorned smiles -

"So you finally got her to believe we're not her enemies." Valerie commented, walking towards the two. (S/N) got scared at her height and hid behind Vonika.

"Shy, just like her brother." Valerie chuckled, remembering back then when (Y/N) would hide behind Benedict when someone tried to talk to him.

"You know my brother?" She asked with sparkling eyes.

"Yes. I'm your brother's girlfriend!" Valerie proudly declared. (S/N) narrowed her eyes at her.

"No you aren't! Big brother will never fall for someone like you!" She stated rather rudely.

"Harsh, just like her brother." Valerie gritted her teeth and faked a smile.

"Cut it off, you two." Vonika chuckled, "Warren, could you please get the cart. I don't think I can stand for a few more minutes." She requested.

- Warren left to fetch the cart as Vonika sat down on the stairs to the porch, taking a breather as she focused on her magic, not letting the entity go -

"Have this, Vonika." Valerie said, handing Vonika a magic potion. It can restore your mind.

"Thanks! Where did you get this?" She asked, chugging it down.

"My father, he can make all sorts of potions and stuff. We sometimes go around collecting herbs for his concoctions." Valerie asked. Vonika was impressed. She could maybe learn a thing or two from Valerie's father.

"Lady Vonika? Can I have some too?" (S/N) asked, pulling on Vonika's hand.

"Sorry, we can't since it might power up... you know." Vonika said. She actually doesn't know how these powers work.

"But I'm thirsty, Lady Vonika." (S/N) whined. Vonika stared at her. She's childish... well, she never really grew up even though her body did.

"Don't worry, (S/N). Once Warren returns, we'll go to your new home." Vonika reassured, "And please, stop calling me Lady Vonika. I'm not royalty." She added.

"You can call me Lady Valerie anytime, (S/N)." Valerie said, inching closer at the girl.

"Sorry, Sir. I didn't know you would like to be called a lady." (S/N) teased, laughing afterward after seeing Valerie's reaction.

"Why, you little-!" Valerie growled.

"Vonika, the coast is clear! Let's go!" Warren shouted, waving to the three in his cart.

- Vonika stood up with the help of Valerie, and the three slowly walked to the cart before getting on it. Warren checked to see if everyone was comfortable before starting their trek back -

"We used to have one of these! Big brother would always take me whenever he was going to sell the crops to the village." (S/N) said, looking around the cart.

- Her eyes dropped onto the ruined village. Memory started to rush in, her dead mother, father, and... her -

"W-Why am I here? I-I got stabbed!?" She said, suddenly sounding mature. Vonika saw the Gluttony symbol on her hand started fading.

'It drained my power that quick!? This entity is hard to hold back.' Vonika thought. She moved (S/N)'s eyes away from the dilapidated houses.

"Don't think about that... How about you tell me some of your brother's embarrassing stories?" Vonika said. It brought (S/N) to her happy place, she started to recall memories.

"Give me one more potion, Valerie." Vonika whispered. Valerie grabbed another magic potion and gave it to Vonika. She drunk it and saw the Gluttony symbol going back to life.

"Oh! There's this one time where Big brother was taking too long in the bathroom, so my dad used his wind magic to blow out the candles. Big brother ran out of the bathroom naked and afraid." (S/N) told them, making Valerie laugh out loud.

"Your father knew magic?" Vonika asked, curious as to how her father conjured magic without a God's blessing.

"Yep, he had minimal wind magic. But the people said he was a prodigy, having skills like that without something about a God's help." (S/N) said before continuing to think of embarrassing situations his brother got into.

- (S/N) eventually got tired. Without the powers of the entity controlling her, she's still just a child. Using Vonika's lap, she laid down and soon was taken by exhaustion -

"Can you ready more magic potions." Vonika requested, not wanting to accidentally mess up. It may as well be their doom.

"So... why are you so thirsty for magic potions?" Valerie asked. She didn't get a proper explanation as to why she needs this much.

"I just went face to... tendril with the one controlling her and the one who used to control (Y/N). He can affect both their physical and mental properties." Vonika explained.

"That's why she was violent earlier and sweet right now. If I slip up, it will get control of her again, and I don't want that to happen." Vonika continued, explaining it properly.

"You better get those potions ready, Valerie. I'm too young to die." Warren joked, overhearing the conversation.

"How about I kill you now?" Valerie said, earning a laugh from Warren. She smiled and started taking out the mind potions for the travel back.

"Poor girl. Had everything slam down on her in an instant, she's probably suffering in the hands of that horrid pest." Vonika said, pitying the girl sleeping on her lap.

"At least she's not completely lost. We can still save her, Vonika." Valerie reassured, bringing a smile to Vonika.

"Thank you, Valerie." She thanked, appreciating the people around her now.

<Timeskip>

- The three have arrived at the village, vials of empty magic potions littered the cart as they all got off. Benedict was there to greet them -

"Did you get her?" He worriedly asked. Vonika smiled and moved to the side, showing (S/N) sleeping in the arms of Valerie.

"She's so cute!" Valerie squealed.

"Don't be loud, Valerie. You'll wake her up." Benedict scolded, almost whispering at Valerie.

"Help me get her to her brother's room." Vonika requested. Benedict nodded and escorted them to his house.

- They went inside (Y/N)'s room and laid (S/N) on his bed. Benedict was starting to get suspicious, seeing Vonika's left hand never leave the side of (S/N) -

"Can you get me more magic potions, Valerie?" Vonika requested, seeing the Gluttony symbol slightly fade.

"I'll go see if dad still has some stocked up." Valerie said simply before leaving.

"What's the problem now?" Benedict asked, raising his brow as Vonika awkwardly laughed.

"She's controlled by the entity, the one who had (Y/N) back then. I'm suppressing it using my powers, but it's draining too quickly." Vonika explained. Benedict simply nodded, understanding the situation.

"How did you deal with (Y/N) back then with this kind of disability?" Vonika asked, already tired from using her power too much.

"(Y/N) wasn't like that, sure he had fits of anger, but he'll just leave and return with it already gone," Benedict said, remembering how worried he was every time (Y/N) left.

"Why is she different?" Vonika asked. Valerie knocked on the door and walked inside, carrying a box filled with magic potions.

"Maybe the one controlling (Y/N) learned that its curse can easily be overcome, so it made sure to never let go of (S/N)." Benedict theorized, walking around the room.

"How many are in the box, Valerie?" Vonika asked, unsure of the quantity. It might not even be enough.

"This is all my father has in stock. None of us can use magic, so he never really makes more of these. But there's like 60 in the box." Valerie answered.

"I don't think it will suffice, we already used 25 just in the cart ride back here, and that's just an hour." Vonika said, slightly panicking.

"You got to let her go, kid. You'll be the one mortally injured if you exert too much mind in just a day." Benedict said, knowing it was the only option.

"What do we do then once the entity grabs hold of her once again?" Vonika asked, slightly angered that this is the only choice they've got.

"The entity can only affect her mind, not control it. She trusts you, and that will never change." Benedict explained.

"Let her quell her anger, lust for revenge so she may calm down for a bit. Let's just watch over her and intervene if she goes too far." Benedict continued. The conversation stirred (S/N) awake.

"Are you sure?" Vonika asked, her hands shaking. Benedict nodded and reassured her.

- Vonika sighed and slowly removed the spell. It took a while, but Vonika could feel the two reconnecting again. (S/N)'s eyes dilated, and it went straight for Vonika -

'Take a risk.' She thought, closing her eyes as she waited for the attack.

"Lady Vonika, thank the gods you're here. I had a nightmare!" She cried. The attack turned out to be a hug as she saw her savior once again.

"She reminds me of (Y/N) so much. He was mean but really clingy once his fits of anger were done." Benedict recalled, shedding a tear at the memory.

"I remember that! (Y/N) would always cling to Mr. Benedict. He was always behind him, following him everywhere he goes." Valerie smiled, cooing as she remembered younger (Y/N).

"Who are you, sir?" (S/N) asked Benedict. She was afraid but could feel a calm aura around the man.

"I'm Benedict Baker. The man who took care of your brother back then." Benedict answered, bowing.

"Are you like our new father!" (S/N) said. Benedict was struck with a wave of joy, hearing the little girl call her father. It was something he rarely heard from (Y/N).

"I take it back. (S/N)'s much sweeter than (Y/N)." Benedict smiled, almost fainting in joy.

"Why does she accept you so quickly!?" Valerie pouted, seeing the girl get easily attached to Benedict.

"What she needs is family, Valerie." Benedict said, still smiling happily at the fact he had a new child to take care of again.

"I can be a good mother." Valerie said, thinking of the day she and (Y/N) will have kids.

"Do you want to go outside and explore the village with me?" Benedict asked. Vonika got nervous, seeing the man's slouched back.

"I don't think you can still handle someone with never-ending energy, Benedict. Let me do it." Vonika offered before yawning.

"You're tired, Vonika. Take a rest. I can do it. In fact, I actually feel 10 years younger." Benedict laughed, feeling strength go back to him once more.

"I remember what my mom used to say to us back then. We're her reason to continue..." (S/N) said, slowly tearing up.

"Stop crying, (S/N). Come, I'll introduce you to the people here. I'm sure they'd love seeing (Y/N)'s sister." Benedict said. (S/N) sniffled, wiping off her tears before following Benedict.

"She's really adorable, right, Vonika? Vonika?" Valerie said. She stared at Vonika, already asleep and snoring.

"I guess I'll head to sleep too." She said, leaving the room to go back to her house and rest.

▲▼▲▼▲

- Vonika got up quickly, remembering how dangerous (S/N) is without the entity being suppressed. She ran outside but sighed in relief as she saw Benedict and (S/N) watering the flowers -

"These flowers are so beautiful. Did big brother also like them?" (S/N) asked Benedict. A memory crept onto the mind of Benedict, seeing (Y/N) stomp and kick the flowers to release anger.

"He liked them... in his own way." Benedict smiled, a bead of sweat falling down his forehead from what he just remembered.

"You're really handling her well." Vonika laughed.

"I took care of (Y/N) for years. This is all amateur work. As long as no one angers her, that fit of rage will never return." Benedict said.

"And she has more patience than her brother, who was angry most of the time." Benedict laughed. He can hear (Y/N) call him old geezer for miles away.

"Was (Y/N) that bad back then." Vonika asked. She can actually kinda see the resemblance.

"He wasn't bad, just really vengeful. He was good, but if someone holds him back, they better wear high-quality armor." Benedict laughed. It really was too easy to anger him back then.

"Anyway, how is (Y/N) right now. Did he change?" Benedict asked.

"He did. He's a lot calmer now, only lashes out whenever someone close to him gets hurt. He's open to talk with anyone and doesn't always resort to violence." Vonika answered. She took a glance at Benedict to see him bawling his eyes out already.

"They grow up so fast! Last time I saw him, we could barely control his bloodlust, now he's grown into a fine man, respectable and professional." Benedict bawled, trying hard not to cry but is failing miserably.

"Do we just let her kill Ares knights? Would that really calm her down?" Vonika asked, still unsure of the method.

"It worked for (Y/N), didn't it. I'm sure it all works the same." Benedict shrugged, irritating Vonika a little.

'Would you take this seriously, old geezer?' She thought.

- Suddenly, an arrow whizzed past Vonika and went straight for Benedict. The old man was about to get hit until someone parried the bow mid-air -

"Is this one of your summons, (S/N)?" Vonika asked, but (S/N) was preoccupied.

"Are you okay... Father?" (S/N) asked, still adjusting to calling someone else her father.

"Y-Yes, (S/N). I'm fine." Benedict said, pale from almost being killed.

- (S/N) turned around and shrieked. Her 6 Hunters appeared beside her, ready to exterminate whoever tried to kill her adoptive father -

"Kill!" She shouted. The Hunters bowed and ran towards the gate to outside.

▲▼▲▼▲

Welp. This is chapter 48, Bye.

I'm alive! Can you guys believe it? Me? Who never updated this story is still alive? I can't believe it myself, but I'm back! Thank ya'll for the continuous support even though I almost neglected this story, but I'm back now and will gladly take the wheel and continue it again. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

362K 4.8K 47
The characters of Danmachi react to various worlds
23K 719 29
One night, whilst wandering the streets of Orario, Riveria Ljos Alf comes across a boy, 7 years old, cold, afraid and alone. Taking him in, he recoun...
17.9K 670 12
Reincarnated into Danmachi? Great. Missing an arm? I can deal with that. Being the last living Dark High Elf now the gods won't leave me alone becaus...
62.3K 1.6K 12
An immortal but not a God. He opened a noodle specialist store and met a kid going down the path of an Avenger and...took her in until she found a Fa...