Box Of Chocolates

Anonymystyq द्वारा

"Mama said life is like a box of chocolates!" An iconic phrase that still holds true to everyone's life. So h... अधिक

Bad Hair Day
Better Hair Days
Of Migraines & Men
Unhygienic
Squeaky Clean
Just A Dream
Sunshine
Pillars
Gaggle
Library
The Gift

In Your Eyes

1K 80 34
Anonymystyq द्वारा

"Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Aaahhhh! Ahhhh! Aaaaaaaahhhhh!!

Kongpob jumped back from the window he was peeking out, shocked, stunned hearing the blood-curling cry of his husband. He turned around to see Arthit jump into the bed and bury himself under the duvet.

"Oon! What's wrong? What happened?" worried he ducked under to check on Arthit to find him shaking and sobbing, tears flowing down his cheek.

Without a thought, Kongpob grabbed him closer and held him tight, kissing his head, rubbing his hands on his body to calm him down.

When his shivering subsided, Kongpob urged him to speak up.

"Oon, what's wrong? I checked the window there was nothing."

"Let's get out of here, Kong. I knew it. I felt it. I told you, this place is haunted! Please let's get out of here first thing in the morning. Please!" He snuggled closer, burying his head in his husband's chest. Kongpob was perplexed. He knew that Arthit believed in ghosts and spirits and was scared of them, but to see him react like this had him worried.

:::::::::::::::::::::

They were on a week-long holiday, driving through Thailand when they had to make an unexpected stop tonight when their car stopped in a nondescript area full of paddy fields. Despite Kongpob's multiple attempts to start the car, he failed. Seeing the weather turn ominous, Kongpob decided to find a place to spend the night. Even though Arthit was dead against walking in the dark in an unknown area, Kongpob felt staying in the car posed a bigger risk. The weather also was taking a turn for the worse quickly, so Arthit relented.

Surprisingly, just 10 minutes of walking, and they had found a run-down building which was a B&B in the middle of nowhere. It had started to drizzle already, so Kongpob heaved a sigh of relief, but Arthit was too nervous since the time he laid his eyes on the derelict building.

"Kong, this place looks scary. Let's go back and sleep in the car. Please!"

"No, Oon, look, the weather is getting worse. Staying in a solitary car in the middle of a field is even more dangerous. What if we are struck by lightning? What if we are attacked? No, a motel is a safer bet."

"But Kong... look at this place. It looks like a scene from a horror/slasher movie," seeing his doe eyes pleading, Kongpob sighed.

"Fine! Let's go and check this place first. If it feels off, we will go back to the car," Kongpob said, as he worriedly looked at the turbulent sky. The wind had picked up speed, so huddling closer, they walked quickly to the building.

"Look, Oon, they even have a shrine here in the garden. It's safe! It's not haunted," Kongpob assured, smiling sweetly pointing to the shrine in the middle of the garden, which had seen better days.

"What if the person living there is a psycho?" Arthit asked innocently, and Kongpob chuckled.

"Then I will sacrifice my life to protect you, my love. I know taekwondo!" he winked playfully, annoying Arthit.

"Kong!!!"

"Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Don't worry, Oon. You have the pepper spray with you in your pocket, right? We will be careful."

Arthit, even though not convinced, nodded. Upon knocking, they were welcomed by a kind old gentleman, who along with his wife ran this old bed and breakfast. Kongpob was convinced, and as the night progressed, Arthit started to relax.

The old gentleman assured them that he will have someone check the car first thing in the morning from the village which was quite close by.

They were then shown to their room which was a simple yet clean place, perfect for their one-night stay. It was a huge room, common for old buildings, with sparse furniture that easily looked five-six decades old. Arthit looked around and realized that the building though old was indeed beautiful. Built in the classic Lanna style, the old building, however, creaked and moaned in the howling wind outside, much to Arthit's annoyance. If only it was morning already.

They were offered a simple but delicious dinner in the room after some time, and with a full stomach, Arthit's fears of being hacked to death calmed a bit. If only there was some way of knowing for certain that this place was not haunted.

The weather turned for the worse as the night progressed, and while Kongpob, tired from the day-long driving and sightseeing, had dozed off quickly, Arthit was feeling jumpy with the thunder and lightning. The constant groaning of the old wooden house in the wind did nothing to ease his fears. 

Scared, he looked around the neat room, making sure nothing or no one was crawling down towards them. The thought scared him shitless, and he covered his face, closing his eyes, praying to God, spirits, and guardian angels to protect him and Kongpob. Chanting mantras that he had learned as a child, he tried to soothe himself until he felt calm.

Just when he had relaxed enough to nod off, a sudden knock on the window startled him. His heart thudded, beating fast. Cold sweat broke out as sudden shakes raked his body. Were his ears playing tricks? Did he really hear a knock?

Tak! Tak! Tak!

There it was again. Scooting closer to Kongpob, he poked him hard. His voice failed him.

Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak!

He wanted to scream, but no sound escaped his lips as he grabbed Kongpob's arm in panic.

Gulping hard, he tried calling his husband's name.

"Kong!" he squeaked out, not recognizing his voice.

"Kooooonnggg!" he rasped as he shook his husband. Idiot! Other nights he would wake up with one poke for sexy times, and here in a matter of life and death, he was sleeping like a freaking vampire.

"Huh!" Kongpob felt like he was in a haze, hearing a weird siren sound calling him. Waking up, he realized it was his husband who, for some reason, was looking white as a sheet and shaking despite the duvet.

"Huh! What happened, Oon?"

"Sss.. ssome.. som.." Arthit tried to speak but failed.

"Oon, what's wrong!" Kongpob was finally alert enough to realize that his husband was petrified. Turning on the lights, he hugged Arthit closer.

"What's wrong?"

Pointing towards the window with shaking hands, Arthit tried speaking again.

"Some... someon... knocking!"

Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak!

 Right on cue, the sound came, accompanied by a loud rumble of thunder, blowing the lights out, plunging the room into darkness. Shouting, Arthit jumped back under the covers, shaking violently. Even Kongpob was taken aback. Reaching for his phone, he turned on the torch.

"Oon! Oon! It's okay. Don't be scared. I am sure it's a tree branch. I will check it out."

Jumping back out, Arthit grabbed Kongpob's hand, scared, worried for his husband.

Shaking his head violently, he said, "No! No! you cant. There was no tree around this building, you idiot! Don't you think I would have thought about that if there was a tree?"

"Let me check!"

"What if something happens to you? Don't go, please!"

Cuddling him closer, Kongpob smiled.

"I will be fine."

Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak!

"Aaaaaahhhhhhh!" Arthit screeched and hugged Kongpob closer, wrapping the cover tight around them. Kongpob held him for a few minutes and then reached for Arthit's mobile as well to turn on the torch.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Both the boys jumped, and Arthit shrieked at the sudden knocking on the door.

"Khun!" came the sound from the other side, and Kongpob relaxed, realizing it's the old owner of the motel. Unwrapping Arthit's arms from around his torso, he stepped off the bed to open the door. Lightning streaked across the sky as Kongpob opened the door, illuminating the old man's face in an eerie light, who holding an electric lantern, stood by the door, smiling. 

Arthit bit his fist hard, to stop himself from screaming like a banshee while Kongpob thanked the old man for his thoughtfulness. He hated every minute of it. Why did he agree to Kongpob? This place was giving him the creeps. He should not have fallen for the charms of the old couple. Close to tears, Arthit buried his face in his palms when he felt the bed sink under Kongpob's weight.

"It's alright, Oon. It was just the owner who came here to give us the lantern."

Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak!

Arthit moaned in fear, and Kongpob had enough of this!

"Ugh! I have to check this bullshit."

He got out of the bed, and seeing him get off, Arthit jumped behind him and hugged him.

"Even I will come with you."

Kongpob nodded, and both edged closer towards the corner window from where the sound was coming. Slowly Kongpob moved the curtain, and Arthit was amazed at how bold his husband was. His hands were steady as he moved the curtain, and Arthit buried his face in Kongpob's back, scared at what he might see.

Kongpob moved the curtain and looked out.

Nothing!

He scanned all around in the darkness, and other than thunder and rain, there was nothing.

Seeing no movement from Kongpob, Arthit lifted his head and noticed the small window beside the big one, next to him. They had blinds on them. Seeing Kongpob not reacting, he thought its safe outside, so he decided to look through the blind. Separating the blinds, he peeked out.

Big mistake!

There was a flash of lightning, and finally, Kongpob smiled. He had found the culprit.

"Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Aaahhhh! Ahhhh! Aaaaaaaahhhhh!!

Kongpob jumped back from the window he was peeking out of, shocked and stunned, hearing the blood-curling cry of his husband. He turned around to see Arthit jump into the bed and bury himself under the duvet.

"Oon! What's wrong? What happened?" worried he ducked under to check on Arthit to find him shaking and sobbing, tears flowing down his cheek.

Without a thought, Kongpob grabbed him closer and held him tight, kissing his head, rubbing his hands on his body to calm him down.

"Oon, what's wrong? I checked the window. It's nothing."

"Let's get out of here, Kong. I knew it. I felt it. I told you, this place is haunted! Please, let's get out of here first thing in the morning. Please!" He snuggled closer, burying his head in his husband's chest. Kongpob was perplexed. He knew that Arthit believed in ghosts and spirits, and was scared of them but to see him react like this had him worried.

"Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak!"

Arthit let out a cry again, covering his ears this time.

"Oon! Look at me. There is nothing outside. I checked. A part of the drain pipe has broken off and is hanging close to the window. When there is a strong wind, it's hitting against the window frame, making that noise."

"No!! No Kong! No! I saw! I saw it there! Please let's get out of here!" Arthit insisted, tears brimming his eyes.

"Saw what, Oon?"

"Eyes! I. Saw. Eyes! Staring back at me. Please Kong. Let's go!"

"What?" Kongpob asked, stunned and Arthit nodded, his face miserable.

When Arthit had parted the blinds, he got the shock of his life, for two eyes stared back at him, glaring blankly at him. It was by far the scariest experience of his life, and all he could do was scream and run back to the supposed safety of the bed.

"But...!" Arthit just hugged him tighter.

"Let me check, Oon!"

"Noooooo!" he held Kongpob tighter.

"Oon! Let. Me. Go!" Kongpob stated strictly, and Arthit let him go.

Kongpob marched to the window and opening the blinds, looked out.

Nothing. He turned around to look at Arthit, who was hiding his face behind the pillow. He turned around and finally saw it. And he stared. And stared at it some more, before stepping back and squatting on the floor, burying his face in his arms. His body was shaking, and to Arthit it sounded like he was moaning.

Arthit looked at his husband flabbergasted. What was wrong with him.

Wait, was Kong possessed. Did the eyes get to him?

"Kong! Kong! Talk to me, Kong!" Arthit asked, scared.

Hearing Arthit's timid voice, Kongpob tried to calm himself. Blowing his breath hard, he stood up and turned towards his husband.

"Oon! Come here!"

"No!"

"Oon! Trust me!" Staring suspiciously at his husband, Arthit checked to see if he was showing any weird signs. He still looked like Kongpob. But what if it was an illusion. Should he get close to him?

But it was Kongpob! Sighing deeply, Arthit relented. He realized that even if Kongpob was possessed, he wouldn't stay away from his lover. As Phoebe had once famously said, Kongpob was his lobster. They were bonded for life, and if meant that he was supposed to die at the hands of a spirit-possessed Kongpob, he would accept his fate. He could always make Kongpob's life miserable in the afterlife.

As he stepped off the bed, the lights came on, and Arthit heaved a sigh of relief. That's a good sign, right?

With a pillow in hand as his weapon, he went closer to Kongpob, who hugged him tightly, trying his best to control his laughter, while he soothed his terrified husband.

Then turning him around, holding him by his shoulders, he said, "Lift the blinds, Oon! Trust me!" With shaking hands, Arthit did as instructed and opened the blinds completely, and squinting looked out. He couldn't see anything. He heaved a sigh of relief and turned to look at Kongpob, and shook his head.

"Look again, Oon!" Arthit did and what he saw left him speechless. Stunned, he stepped away and walked back sheepishly to the bed, burying his face in the pillow, and Kongpob followed closely, hopping in next to him.

"Oon!" he called softly. Arthit didn't respond.

"Oooooonnn!" Kongpob was trying hard to hold his laughter in. Arthit pushed his hand away.

Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak! 

"Ahhh! Stupid mother fucking pipe!" Arthit sat up and swore and

Kongpob again burst out laughing. Now pissed, Arthit kicked him off the bed and giggling Kongpob once again walked over to the window, opening it wide. He then leaned over, breaking off the offending pipe, and threw it down into the garden.

Getting back on the bed, Kongpob poked Arthit's side, trying to get him to show his face, but Arthit just pushed him back, whining, and Kongpob, once again, unable to control himself, burst out laughing, much to Arthit's annoyance.

When his husband didn't stop even after a while, pissed, Arthit shot up and taking a pillow, attacked Kongpob.

"Ow! Ow! Oon stop!"

"Asshole! Is it funny? Is it funny to you that I almost had a heart attack?"

Kongpob stared back silently, biting his lips, trying hard to stop the laughter, and when he couldn't hold it in any longer, nodded and burst out laughing.

"I hate you!" Arthit whined as Kongpob continued laughing.

"Fuck off!" annoyed Arthit got up to leave the bed, but Kongpob was quick to pull him back and roll over him.

"Get off me, Kong!"

"Make me stop then. Shut me up, Oon!" he challenged, and Arthit reached up to seal his lips shut the best way he knew.

:::::::::::::::::::

The next morning the love birds were on their way forward. True to his words, the old man had arranged for their car to be fixed, and after a hearty breakfast, the boys departed, but not before Kongpob left a handsome tip for the old couple.

A little into their drive, Kongpob again started to giggle, recalling last night's debacle, and Arthit giving him a side glance, in a very cold voice warned his husband,

"If you ever... ever, ever, ever mention to anyone that I got scared of the reflection of my eyes and cried, I swear I will bury you alive. You can haunt me all you want after that, and I won't regret it."

"Sure, Oon. What a nice way to go! To die at the hands of the one I love and then get to haunt you even after death!"

Ugh! Cheesy Kongpob so early in the morning was not something Arthit could handle.

"Kong! I am serious. This is a secret we carry to our grave!"

"Sure, Oon!" Kongpob responded flippantly, pissing Arthit.

"Fine! If you ever bring it up in front of anyone, no sex for one month!" Arthit smiled wickedly

"Oooonnnn!!!" Kongpob was stunned.

Arthit smirked. He had won! He had finally managed to shut Kongpob up. Arthit sat smiling, humming, while Kongpob drove, lost in deep thoughts.

After a while, Kongpob broke the silence, and with a solemn face, asked, "Oon, when you said no sex, does that mean no touching, no fondling, and no BJ's as well?"

"Kongpob!!!"

:::::::::::::::::

"See! I told you there are perks to being dead. Cheer up! We can have a lot of fun from now on!" Kwong assured Manee. Kwong has now been dead for a long time. Initially, she too had been bored but then having discovered the advantage of being a spirit, (like listening in on secrets of people and gossips of old wives, peeking in on couples making love, causing trouble for jerks who deserved it, helping people who were in trouble, looking over people who needed a bit of luck) she decided to thoroughly enjoy her afterlife, until her time of passage came.

Manee, on the other hand, was newly dead, and sadly before her time, so she was having a tough time accepting her death.

"You are right, P'! I had never thought of the benefits. Who knew seeing two men make love would be so exciting. It was so lustful yet so beautiful. They were so gorgeous together. It was like poetry in motion."

"I was shocked when I witnessed it the first time. But couldn't deny that it was a beautiful experience. I have seen a lot since my death. Some things are so terrible that it makes me want to stab me in the eyes. Its people like these who remind me that there is good and beauty in this world." Manee nodded thoughtfully.

"It was good that you guided them here, P'. The cutie was so adorable. I wanted to spook him."

"Shhh! You know we are not allowed to scare people for fun. Especially kind people like them! He was already so scared without us doing anything," Kwang chastised.

"Sorry P'. It was just a thought. You saw how adorable he was.

No wonder the hottie loves him so much. They looked so good together."

"And their hot bodies! Eeeeeeeeee!" Kwang squealed, and Manee, embarrassed, covered her face.

"But P', are we allowed to lust after men like this? In the afterlife? Shouldn't we be more careful, now that we are dead?"

"Shove these rules where the sun don't shine, Manee. We suffered in our human lives, living like we were dead from within. Always being told to do things a certain way, behave a certain way. Always limiting ourselves, our choices. Curbing our dreams and hopes; Suppressing our desires and wants; Holding back our opinions and thoughts. Always worrying about what others think of us. That is how most people live. I say we say a big 'fuck you' to rules, and live our death and enjoy it to the fullest!"

Manee giggled at the irony of the statement.

"To living our death!"

"So where to next, P'? I think I would like to see some more action now that I have got the taste for it," Manee asked, smiling cheekily.

"Ummm, then let's go to the city. You should see these two boys. Now, these two are a very sneaky celebrity couple, who call themselves Phi-Nong in public, but one look at them, and you know something is going on. The way they look at each other is like they are the only two people in this world. And their bedroom shenanigans...Phew!" Kwang said, fanning herself.

"Let's go, P', what are we waiting for????" Manee asked excitedly, and Kwang laughed!

Another one bites the fangirl dust!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Note: Sigh! If only Kwang and Manee could do something to make another KS series happen.

This is the first time I have attempted to write something in the horror genre. I don't know if I succeeded in scaring anyone, though. Arthit is damn brave to even attempt sleeping in this old building. I would not step in there, no matter what. Ask my poor husband, who sometimes sleeps with the lights on because my scared ass is terrified of shutting out the lights to sleep.😅😅😅😅

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

2.5K 138 17
{The Party is aged up to Eighteen} In New York City, the crime rate is high. The police don't do their jobs correctly, so no one stops them. In New Y...
92.2K 5.4K 51
Short stories :: sotus AU Main characters are belongs to bitter sweet author.. plot is mine and other characters are fictional. Story 1:: completed S...
52.3K 2.5K 5
How Kongpob survives his married life with his Sun. Disclaimer: I do not own the characters. BitterSweet is the master behind our Kong and A'Ioon; I'...
15.7K 787 20
Do you think you can change your destiny?....... Once God binds two people together....... It's doesn't matter who you are and from where you belong...