Without Her ✓

By IceBlueCold

"What is it?" I asked. "I want you" He said making me widen my eyes. He looked into my eyes and then back to... More

Prologue
Run Off
I Warned You
The Girl
Tension
New Emotions
Hate Me
Baking
Sleep
Keys
As long As I'm Here
Stay With Me
Let Me
As Slow As You Want
Be With You
Little Donkey
Text me
Leave me
Torture
Pleasure
Lie To Me
In The Arms Of A Murderer
Your Fault
Blindly In Love
Overwhelming
Kiss it better
Moving On
Last Time
Wait For Me
Can't take it
Dizzy
Dizzy pt2
I Trust You
All Fine Now
Close To Him
Breathe
Hurting
Cookies
Epilogue
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter

Hold You

11.5K 446 72
By IceBlueCold

Tessa

"Girl, for real?!" I exclaimed, "You need to invite us over"

After Serenity's dad died, there was this strange man who made an appearance at the funeral and it turned out he is her guardian.

To be honest I was happy her dad was gone. Cruel I know, but with the way he treated her he deserved to rot in hell. Serenity didn't like talking about it and refused any help we ever tried to give her, but we knew.

"Tessa don't be rude" Jane scolded.

"Who are you? My mother?" I
challenged her squinting her eyes. We all knew we were just play-fighting. We did that often.

"Girls. Enough" Serenity said sternly. Jane and I looked down and stopped fighting. "You'll come over some time soon, I promise"

"So how is this man treating you? Any weird gestures? Anything we should worry about?" Jane asked.

What a mom.

"No, he's really kind actually" Serenity smiled warmly.

I was so happy to see her smile like that. She deserved it.

"I see you smiling" I said in a sing song voice bumping her shoulder.

"He's just really sweet, that's all" Serenity said shaking her head.

"He doesn't look like it. He seems dark and dangerous almost" Jane said raising an eyebrow.

Don't ruin it for her.

I couldn't argue with her though. He did seem dangerous at first glance, but so did Leo and Leo was really sweet.

Sometimes.

"Well to me he's really sweet and  looks can be deceiving so I don't care. Plus he's my guardian, I can't do anything about it" I said, "He even cooked dinner for me"

Suddenly I heard a notification sound and I checked my phone. I got excited thinking it was Leo. I had asked him to hang out today because I hadn't seen him in a couple days and I really hoped he would say yes.

He kept texting me all these days telling me he wants to see me, but he was really busy with work. To be honest, it bothered me. The secrets, the excuses, it all bothered me.

I opened the text and once again, he was saying he's busy.

All my excitement and happiness was now gone and I was disappointed.

"Everything okay?" Serenity asked me putting her hand on top of mine. I  looked up at me with a forced smile. She already had enough on her plate.

"Yes, everything's fine"

"You know, just Leo and his mood swings" I chuckled.

Maybe if I make jokes about it, it won't seem that bad.

"You can talk to us you know" Jane told me.

"There's nothing to talk about. It's okay" I said and then changed the topic.

After a while the bell rang signaling we had to get to class. Serenity and I said goodbye to Jane and started heading to class.

"Tessa I know you're not okay with Leo" Serenity told me "You need to talk to him about it"

She didn't know. She didn't know about what was going on. The situation was against us but I wanted to be with him, I wanted to be understanding, it was just so frustrating.

"You don't understand" I shook my head.

"I won't ever understand if you don't tell me about it" She said.

She was absolutely right, but I was getting worked up. I wasn't mad at her. I was upset because everything was coming back to me. I was with someone I knew almost nothing about.

But he told you about his family.

Then why was he hiding so much from me about what's going on in his life now? Was it for my sake or was it for his sake? What could be so terrible that he would need to hide it from me.

I had told him everything and yet he refused to open up to me.

I am stupid for wanting to be with him.

"There's nothing to tell you Ren, we're just fine. Now drop it" I said, but it sounded a little more harsh that I intended it to be.

I instantly regretted it.

I was being mean to my friend all because of him.

Mean to Serenity. I never wanted to be mean to her. It was the last thing I wanted. At that moment I felt so shitty I wanted to disappear.

"Ren, I-I'm sorry" I said touching her shoulder.

I saw how her eyes teared up. She was a sensitive girl and I could understand why, but like always she blocked her tears and forced a smile.

"No need" she said with a cheerful voice. "I shouldn't get into your business, you're right. I won't ask again"

"No, Ren-"

"Don't worry" she chuckled. "You'll tell me if you want right? I don't want to push you" She said and walked faster.

How do I always mess up?

__________

I was home trying to get my mind off of Leo and focus on my family and spending time with them. I couldn't.

"Hey honey" My dad said sitting down on the couch next to me, "I made chocolate milk for your sisters, do you want some?" He asked.

"No, dad. Thank you" I said giving him a half forced smile.

"I see something's been bothering you"

I stayed quiet and kept looking at the TV.

"I know I can't take your mother's place but, you can talk to me about anything. Even if it's about a boy, or your friends. I am here" He waited to see if I would say anything.

I smiled. He was always such a good and supportive father. It would kill me to lose him now especially if I knew it would be because of me.

But somehow Leo's words made me feel safe. I trusted him so much even though I didn't know him. It was crazy.

"You probably need some time alone" He sighed and stood up, "You can talk to me when you're ready" He smiled.

"Thank you, dad"

I watched my sisters as they played together and my dad laughing lightly as he watched them.

Please don't let them get hurt.

After a few hours it was a already past midnight and I was watching TV.

I took out my phone and noticed a bunch of texts from Leo. I was instantly worried.

Did something happen?

Just then he started calling me. I picked up right away and went to my room so that my family wouldn't hear anything.

"What is it? I just opened my phone"

"You're awake. I was so worried"He said.

"What happened?"

"Nothing, I'm outside your house. I want to see you" He said.

I widened my eyes, "Leo, it's two in the morning" I said.

"I need to see you, please. I missed you" He said.

He sounded really tired.

I put my shoes and a jacket on and went outside. I looked for him and found him waiting for me.

When I approached him I was shocked to see him like that. He looked exhausted. He had bags under his eyes and he looked pale and distraught, "Are you okay!?" I asked worried.

"I am now that you're here" He smiled.

"Stop, you look awful"

He did look really tired, but he still somehow managed to look handsome.

Or maybe I was crazy.

"Thank you, you're so sweet" He said rolling his eyes.

"You look exhausted. Have you been overworking yourself?" I asked.

"I've been trying to get you out of this mess"

"Have you been sleeping at all?" I asked.

He looked down and looked around the area.

"Leo! You need to take breaks, idiot!"

"Everytime I try that I feel like I'm wasting time"

"No, you need to sleep. Now"

I felt kind of bad for doubting him. I was mad because he was busy while he was working day and night trying to help me.

"I just wanted to see you"

"Promise me you'll go home and sleep"

He looked at me and stayed silent.

"Leo"

"Fine" He said, "Why are you awake?" He asked.

"I couldn't sleep"

"What a hypocrite"

"Shut up and get in your car. Come on" I said taking his hand and leading him to his car, "Can you even drive in this situation?"

"Of course I can" He said.

"What about sleeping here?" I asked. I would finally be able to spend some time with him and I felt safer near him. His presence was comforting. I could lock the door too so that dad or anyone wouldn't come in.

"No, I have to go home and work-" I glared at him, "-after I sleep of course"

"Fine. Just call me when you get there, okay?"

"So caring, little donkey" He chuckled.

I tried to hold back a smile.

His face suddenly went serious, "I miss you" He mumbled and cupped my cheeks. "I haven't even been able to spend time with my girl"

His girl.

I've never felt butterflies in my stomach in my life, but here we are now.

"I miss you too" I said.

"Can we go for a walk?" He asked.

I chuckled thinking he was joking, "Leo, it's 2am"

"Just fifteen minutes. Trust me" He said and gave me his hand.

My dad could wake up any minute to go to the bathroom or to drink water and see me gone. My sisters could too, but just like the other times I didn't care. I couldn't even think about that. He made me feel so safe.

"Okay" I said taking his hand.

"Tell me about your day" He said.

My day.

It definitely wasn't the best. I messed up with Ren. I still couldn't stop thinking about it.

"It was okay" I simply answered.

"Just okay?"

"Yes, just a normal day in school. How was yours?"

He stopped walking when we reached a bench and sat down before patting the spot next to him. I sat down next to him and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I need to talk to you about something"

Once again he had me extremely worried.

"What?" I asked raising my head. He gently pushed my head back on his shoulder and wrapped his arms around me. That's all it took for me to calm down.

"The day I left home after what happened to my parents, I took the car and drove off"

I raised an eyebrow. I knew all that, why was he saying it again now? The story was heartbreaking. I'd lost one parent, I couldn't imagine how painful it is losing both and your sibling.

"I got far enough, but the car ran out of gas and I found myself in a place I'd never seen before"

Poor boy, as if that day wasn't hard enough for him.

"That's when I heard some noises and decided to go see what it was. It was a girl. There were two guys with weapons in front of her threatening her, but she didn't really look intimidated" He said.

Once again, I was confused. Why was he telling me that?

"I threw a rock to stun them and told her to run and she did"

That's when it clicked.

"I am convinced that girl was you and our parents were killed on the same day"

I was shocked, I didn't know what to think. I never suspected that boy could be him. I didn't even care who taht boy was. I was, of course, grateful though.

"Does that mean they could be connected somehow?"

"I don't know. It could be possible. I just wanted to share that with you" He said.

Suddenly a question popped up in my head. I knew he probably wouldn't answer and I would get mad to hear him say that, but I wanted to ask in case there was a small chance he would actually tell me.

"Leo, after you came here what did you do? How did you get back on your feet?"

I saw a subtle smile and he lowered his head, "That's a story for another day"

There it was again. Being all mysterious and secretive.

"Let's say I had a little help"

"Okay, I will take that as an answer for now" I said. 

"I'm sorry" He said looking at me, "I will tell you one day, I promise"

"Okay" I said.

It took a lot out of me to agree and not throw a tantrum. I was known for my short temper, but I was willing to try for him.

"Thank you" He mumbled and gave me a kiss on the forehead before resting his head on my shoulder. I raked my fingers through his hair and massaged his scalp. He let out a small sigh and I could tell he was really enjoying this.

We stayed like that for a couple minutes and I focused on his steady breathing. It was so peaceful, so warm, so comforting. For a moment it felt like we were a normal couple, but our situation could never be normal.

"Leo, you need to go home" I whispered, but didn't get a reply.

I turned to look at him and saw he was already asleep.

How am I supposed to let you drive like that?

"Leo!" I yelled and he woke up immediately, "You either sleep in my room or I drive you home, choose your destiny"

He laughed sleepily.

Why was that so hot-

"Give me a minute" He mumbled and cuddled into me.

"Leo, I can't carry you. You have to stand up now"

"No, I have to work tomorrow. I can't sleep here"

"Please" I pouted.

"I guess one night next to you is worth working a little more tomorrow" He said with a charming smile and his eyes still closed.

Sleepy Leo wasn't just hot he was sweet too.

His voice was deep and he sounded so tired. I held his big hand and stand up pulling him up with me. We walked to my house and got in, as quietly as we could.

Thank God my dad wasn't up and we didn't wake him up.

We got to my room and he got in bed immediately.

"Wait for me" I said laughing subtly at how sleepy he was. I locked the door and  got in bed next to him and threw my amrs around him.

"I want to be the big spoon" He whined and turned around to face me.

"Well you won't be" I said.

He nuzzled in my neck wrapping his arms around my waist and left a kiss ton my neck making me shiver. I wasn't expecting it, "But I want to touch you and hold you" He murmured.

My face felt hot and it wasn't because of the temperature.

"Go to sleep" I said.

He hummed in reply and tightened his hold on me. It took him less than two seconds to fall asleep. I snuggled into him and let myself fall asleep as well.

_______

I woke up to the sound of knocking and someone calling my name, "Tessa, are you in there?"

I panicked when I realized it was my dad. I looked next to me to see Leo still sleeping soundly.

Thank God I locked the door.

"You're going to be late for school" He said.

Oh no.

I got out of bed quickly and checked my phone to see the time.

I'll never make it on time!

"What's wrong?" I heard Leo's deep morning voice next to me. He sat up on the bed.

Now's not the time to admire his voice, Tessa.

"I'm going to be late for school!" I said and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"Tessa?" I heard my dad say.

"Uh-I feel a little sick, dad. I don't think I can go to school today" I said.

"Oh okay. I'll call them and tell them but are you going to be okay? I'm leaving for work. Your aunt will come over in a bit to watch your sisters" He said.

"Yes, I am okay. Bye dad I love you!" I said relieved that he's leaving and he didn't think something was suspicious.

"Goodbye honey, call me if you need something"

"Of course"

I waited a bit and heard the sound of his footsteps get quieter and quieter until I heard the front door open and close.

I let out of sigh of relief and look back at Leo.

"I knew this was a bad idea. I'm sorry" He said and run his fingers through his hair.

"No, this was-it was the best sleep I've had in a while"

Ever since what happened with my mom I would have nightmares almost everyday. Eventually I got used to them and knew it would happen so I didn't think much of them, but today I had no nightmares, not even dreams. It was just peaceful sleeping.

"It was for me too, but you missed school and your dad almost saw us" He said frustrated.

"Well he didn't" I said sitting down next to him and put my hand on his face.

"It's so late I have to go work" He said standing up.

"Shouldn't you eat first?" I asked, but he had already unlocked the door and was walking out, "Wait!" I said and held his hand.

"I can't waste anymore time" He said, "Once I find them we'll have all the time in the world" He smiled at me.

I sighed, "Fine, but make sure to eat something"

"Hi Tessie!" I heard a high pitched voice.

"Who's that, sissy?"

Fuck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 795 45
"You look so gorgeous, ravishing and smashing Mackenna." He groaned and dipped his face into my neck. The way he said my name was so hot, sexy and da...
41.6K 1.1K 41
My eyes widened as he locked my lips against his gently. Oh Jesus, he stole my first kiss. He kept licking and sucking my lips as if forced me to ope...
125K 2.9K 37
He pushed me back so my back was now pressed against the wall and we were only a few inches a part. "You aren't leaving me." He said, brushing his l...
2.3K 109 31
"Fuck off!" I yell, storming away. The nerve of that guy. It was a one night stand, I didn't marry him! I grumble as I plop into my car. Why was he...