Brave New World: Stargirl

By Lauriver1fanboy

My name is Courtney Whitmore. When my mom got remarried, I knew my life would change, but I had no idea how m... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Up for adoption

Chapter 21

88 5 0
By Lauriver1fanboy

When Courtney and Yolanda came downstairs the next morning, they were surprised to find Pat and Barbara waiting for them.

"Mom, I thought you'd be at work?" Courtney asked.

"It's Saturday Courtney. I can be there a little late, especially when I think there's a talk the four of us need to have. One I think you'd rather have before Mike wakes up." Barbara said.

"Were you two listening in on us last night?" Yolanda asked.

"No, because we didn't have too. I had a feeling that after what happened yesterday, Courtney would decide she's ready to take that step with you and it sounds like I was right. Which means that we need to talk about some new and improved house rules to make sure that you both respect everyone else in this house." Pat said.

"We will." Courtney said.

"Courtney, this is more about giving us some peace of mind. We know that you and Yolanda would not betray our trust like that, but you're also teenagers, which means that we need to establish some guidelines." Barbara said as Courtney and Yolanda sat down on the couch.

"Okay, let's get this over with. What are your rules?" Courtney asked.

"You two are not to get too 'intimate' with each other while there are other people in the same room as you, since that would just be awkward for all of us." Pat said.

"And what would be too intimate?" Yolanda asked.

"Yolanda, you didn't just ask that." Courtney said, grimacing at the thought of what her parents were about to say.

"Making out, french kissing, anything that does not involve you two being fully clothed." Barbara said.

"Mom." Courtney said, blushing at the thought of that and so was Yolanda and Courtney could tell that they were both having the same thought. Not thinking about the other the way her mom had just described.

"We wouldn't do that in public anyways." Yolanda assured her.

"Good. Rule two is that you two are not to be in each other's rooms alone after 9pm unless we've given permission for it." Barbara said.

"And if we catch you two breaking that rule, then we'll implement another rule of no being in your rooms alone without your doors being open and nightly bed checks." Pat said.

"Great. Suddenly we're five again." Courtney said as she leaned back on the couch.

"Look Court, if Yolanda was still on speaking terms with her parents, things might be different, but the fact is that you're both living under the same roof, which means that we have to take extra precautions to make sure that it's pleasant for everyone, not just you two." Barbara said.

"I know, but that doesn't mean I can't feel like I'm a child." Courtney said.

"Technically Courtney, you are. And be glad we're not being stricter about it." Barbara said.

"And the final rule, which is one that I don't think any of us are going to be comfortable hearing me say, is that if you two do end up, taking that step, please don't do it when you're here, or if you have too, then don't do it when anyone else is home." Pat said.

"You're right, I never want to hear you talk about that again." Courtney said as Yolanda looked mortified.

"Look, at least it's done and over with." Barbara said.

"Okay, now can we act like Pat never brought that up." Courtney said.

"Like ever." Yolanda agreed.

"Yeah. Come on you two, let's get breakfast and then I'll take you to work with me." Pat said, since their cover for JSA training was that both girls worked for Pat part time at his shop.

"Okay so, now are we getting a rundown of the ISA members?" Rick asked after they'd all gathered at the shop.

"Yes Rick, yes you are." Pat said as he pulled up a whiteboard that had several pictures on it, each one of a member of the ISA.

"Okay, so where should we start?" Pat asked.

"How about from the top, work your way down." Courtney suggested and Pat nodded.

"Okay then. First we have the leader of the ISA, Icicle." Pat said as he pointed at the picture of a man covered in ice at the top of the board.

"Wow, really on the nose." Rick said.

"Enough. He's one of the most dangerous enemies the JSA ever fought. His powers are ice based, he can encase himself in ice as a form of identity concealment and armor and he can shoot ice out of his hands and breathe frozen air. Only thing I've ever seen be able to hurt Icicle is the Cosmic Staff and I think that's why Icicle personally killed Starman." Pat said.

"Okay so he's at the top of my list, since he's the reason I'll never know my real dad." Courtney said.

"Anyways, next up we have Sportsmaster. He's one of the most dangerous fighters in the world and an old foe of Wildcat. He doesn't have powers, but he makes up for it with raw strength, skill and savagery. He's also creative, since any piece of sports equipment he can get his hands on, I assure you, he'll find a way to make into a deadly weapon. His specialty is exploding hockey pucks." Pat said as he gestured to the photo of the guy in the hockey mask.

"Sounds like a typical jock to me. Big time bully." Beth said.

"That is putting it mildly. Next up, we have Tigress, Sportsmaster's partner. She's as sadistic as they come and lethal too. Like a tiger, she's a trained predator, just without the claws. Instead, she has a crossbow. That's part of why she works so well with Sportsmaster. She's long ranged attacks, he's up close and personal, but don't get me wrong, if you're not properly trained when you go up against her at close range, there's a good chance it'll be the last thing you do." Pat said as he pointed to the picture of an asian woman with a black tattoo on her face that covered one of her eyes.

"Charming." Rick said.

"Next up we have probably the weak link of the ISA, the Gambler. He's not much for brawn, but he is a criminal mastermind and a master hacker. He was a bit of a thorn in the side of Dr. Midnite. He never goes into the field, but he's very dangerous behind a computer." Pat said as he referred to the picture of the man with a beard, mustache and a big purple hat.

"Sounds like he'd be a good first catch." Rick said.

"If we knew where he was, I'd agree, but like I said, he's almost never in the field because Icicle knows he'd be a liability. Next up, we have the Wizard." Pat said, referring to the picture of the guy in a typical magician's costume.

"Let me guess, he can do magic?" Yolanda asked.

"Something like that. His power comes from his wand, which is extremely dangerous and only works for him. We never did find out exactly how it works, but it allows him to do all sorts of incredible and terrible things, like energy projection." Pat said as he reached the bottom.

"And finally, we have Solomon Grundy. He's not even a living creature, he's an undead zombie that serves as the ISA's one man wrecking crew. He's got no mind of his own, he's a mindless bulldozer that does whatever he's told without question. He's basically a wild animal. I still don't know how the ISA managed to tame him." Pat said.

"Grundy killed my parents." Rick said.

"And you'll get your chance at justice Rick, I promise, but not yet. If we're going to stand a chance against the ISA, then you guys need to learn how to work as a team." Pat said.

"Are there any other members of the ISA we need to worry about?" Courtney asked.

"At the moment no." Pat said.

"But it sounds like there are others." Yolanda said.

"Pat, even if they aren't a threat right now, we should know about them in case they become problems later." Courtney said.

"You're right. There are three other members of the ISA that as of now are not issues. The first one is Brainwave, who thanks to Courtney, is currently in a coma at Blue Valley General Hospital. You already know his powers." Pat said.

"And the others." Beth asked.

"The others would be a member called the Fiddler. He was a caucasian man of Irish descent, but the JSA defeated him about a little while before they were wiped out. He's locked up tight and trust me, he's not getting out." Pat said.

"How can you be sure about that? Where is he?" Courtney asked.

"I don't know. That information was kept strictly on a need to know basis to prevent the ISA from breaking him out." Pat admitted.

"Moving on. The last member?" Yolanda asked, breaking up a potential fight between her girlfriend, she still loved that she could call Courtney that now, and her stepfather.

"The last member is called the Shade and he's the one we likely won't have to worry about until the rest of the ISA is dealt with, since after he helped wipe out the JSA, he cut all ties with the Injustice Society. I doubt any of them would give him a warm welcome." Pat said.

"Okay then. Sounds like we have some work to do." Courtney said.

"We do and Courtney, Yolanda, please keep things professional." Pat said.

"What does that mean?" Beth asked.

"Pat, really?" Courtney said, since while she and Yolanda were going to tell Rick and Beth about the change in their relationship, they wanted to do it on their own terms.

"Sorry Court, I thought you'd told them already." Pat said.

"I'll tell you how you can make it up to me after we talk to them." Courtney said.

"Fine." Pat said as he left them alone.

"What was he talking about?" Rick asked as Courtney and Yolanda looked at each other.

"Yolanda and I are going out now." Courtney said and to their surprise, Beth held out her hand and Rick placed some money in it.

"You two bet on us?" Yolanda asked.

"We bet on how long it would take you guys to get together, since it was obvious you two had feelings for each other. Rick thought it would take another month, but I was sure that after Court's fight last night, she'd decide to take a chance and I was right. Pleasure doing business with you." Beth said.

"If you don't want me to get mad at you, you can give me a cut." Courtney said playfully.

"Nice try." Beth said.

"Anyways, let's get to work. We have a lot to do." Courtney said and the three others nodded as they did exactly that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 216 25
"I will not be another flower, picked for my beauty and left to die. I will be wild, difficult to find, and impossible to forget." -Erin Van Vuren I...
14K 552 18
on paper rush starnes seems like she would be your classic everyday nerd. straight a student, never missed a single class, 4.0 gpa, never been in tro...
9.6K 272 14
─ "π‘Šπ‘’'π‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘‡π‘–π‘‘π‘Žπ‘›π‘  π‘“π‘œπ‘Ÿ 𝑃𝑒𝑑𝑒𝑠 π‘ π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’! π‘Šπ‘’ π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘ π‘’ 𝑒𝑝 π‘œπ‘Ÿ 𝑀𝑒 π‘“π‘Žπ‘™π‘™! Β© Katherine, 2021 Fem!OC x Jason Todd [Ti...
31.1K 686 25
You catch Colby in the eyes Colby: heyyyy You smile All I could think is dammmnnnnnn COMPLETE ( first time writing a story on wattpad so its goin...