Imperfectly Perfect

By ranjhaax

In the heart of a bustling city, two people were brought together by fate. He was a workaholic, consumed by h... More

~character aesthetics
2| desi families and blackmailing
3| crossing paths
4| magic in first sight?
5| are we happy?
6| split personality disorder
7| date with mr. rude?
8| fear
9| true love?
10| a groom-less wedding?
11| the day
12| first day
13| the reception
14| entangled
15| memories
16| new couple in town
17| family day out
18| last day at home
19| in the city of angels
20| jab we met
21| beauty in rain
22| anger
23| drunk night
24| our time
25| in love?
26| day out together
27| childhood memories
28| fear of losing
29| spending time together
30| guilty
31| questioning love
32| her birthday
33| his family
34| missing him
35| unveiled truths
36| confessions
37| peace to her heart
38| unexpected truths
39| reunion?
40| our time together
41| his birthday
42| sangeet
43| mehendi & haldi
44| the wedding
45| happy place
46| little bundle of joy
47| added happiness
48| shattered
epilogue
bonus

1| the ruined moment

8.6K 185 41
By ranjhaax

I screamed in excitement as the iconic DDLJ scene played on my screen.

"Jaa simran jaa jee le apni zindagi!" I repeated dramatically, as the same scene played on the screen in front of me.

The very next moment the screen went completely black, and I turned around to look for the reason behind this and there she was,

"Aadya!" I shouted, throwing the pillow at her.

"This is probably the 1000th time you're watching DDLJ! Don't you just get bored of watching these same old SRK's movies?" She asked raising her hands up as she held the remote, and I had a failed attempt to get it back.

"How can you not like the king of romance!" I said hitting her arm slightly.

"Romance? You and your fictional world, my dear Mayra Singhania, come back to the reality, you're not going to get a raj or rahul in real life..." She spoke holding me by my shoulders passing a sarcastic smile at me, making me roll my eyes at the dialogue she is probably saying the 1000th time now. I should get something in return for bearing this girl for 12 years now!

Yes, 12 years! We studied together for 10 years, and now 2 years as intern in an event management company.

Talking about her, she is a total opposite person, that someone was right when he/she said that opposites attract, uh I know it meant for couples mostly, but if I was a guy I would have married this girl straight away. God made us best friends because or else our moms wouldn't be able to bear us as siblings for sure.

"Mayra Khan...."

"I am not Khan!" I defended taking a bite of the chocolate.

"Shah rukh khan ka Khan!" She nudged my arm.

"My bad, he is married!" I said making a tsk sound.

"Don't worry my bunny, we will find someone with the surname Khan, for you!" She winked at me.

"You remember the character from that movie?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Yes my Naina." She chuckled. "You have watched that movie more than any other movie, and yes you forced me each time to watch it with you, and now I literally remember each dialogue of it by heart." She nodded her head looking at me.

"Bunny's Naina!" I corrected, and she nodded.

"Oh my god! I totally forgot, Mayra we need to leave, get up, we are late!" She started panicking, as always!

"But where do we have to go!?"

"We have an event to attend! It's 27th!" She said, and I recollected the dates.

Wow! How did we not remember, I seriously need to eat some good amount of almonds.

And we were seriously late!

Thankfully we were just interns and the head management was already there looking forward with the arrangements, we just had to work along with Ayha, who is our senior and she is a super chilled out person, I am sure she wouldn't tell us anything but we had to be there before the event starts.

"Let's leave!" I said. We both got ready as soon as possible and left for the ceremony.

Aadya drove to the function hall, as I got down from the car, she went to park. I was in a hurry and in that I bumped into a 6 foot tall wall, uh not exactly a wall but it was a well built man, and I closed my eyes tightly, hoping to not trip and fall, but someone held me, it was the same guy and I opened my eyes, only to find his eyes looking straight at me. To say he was too handsome, was an understatement, because he was more than that.

He made me stand, and turned to walk, without even saying anything, but something had to stop him, it was my hair, they were stuck in his shirt button, and he turned back to look at me. I had to look up now to see his face, as he was quite taller than me.

Him being the jerk, which I never thought he was, pulled the hair hard, instead of detangling it!

"Oh hello mister! You ruined my hairstyle!"

And the moment..!

"I asked you to wear heels? And which train are you catching, that you are in such a hurry!" He spoke.

Damn, how can someone's voice be this attractive?

Mayra focus! He is a jerk, nothing is attractive about him...

The way my mind kept reminding me stuff in the name of reality but it was a complete lie.

"Excuse me! It's none of your concern mister....whoever you are." I said rolling my eyes, as I fixed my hair pushing a lock of hair behind my shoulder and brushing my fingers through them.

"Move from my way now!" He said and walked away.

Such a rude person he is!

"What happened Mayra?" Aadya asked as she walked towards me. I narrated the whole incident with that Mr. Rude to her and she burst out laughing

"Aww someone's first bollywood moment got ruined, whoever that guy is, I am so thankful he left, or else you would have killed him." She laughed resting her arm on my shoulder, while I gave her a deadpanned look.

"I will kill him if I see him again! He didn't have any manners at all." I said getting annoyed from that Mr. Khadoos. Yes that's what he is!

"What function is this though?" I asked as we both entered the large hall

"The head of Khurrana industries, is giving the CEO post to his heir. So it's just an official function for the announcement." Aadya said as we both looked at all the people. It looked like a wedding function more.

Who helds such an extravagant event just to give off a post to the heir?

"Mayra Singhania?" I heard and turned behind to see a women who was probably in her mid forties. She was all well dressed in a saree that looked insanely beautiful on her, with a beautiful necklace snaking her neck a little lower, with matching pair of earrings, and at an instant I felt like I could resemble her to that Mr. Rude, but she was so pretty and he was nothing in comparison, but why was I seeing him every where, I need to get him out of my mind now!

Well, he was nothing in comparison but no one else in the event was in his comparison either, he was truly the handsome guy in the whole event.

"Yes, I am Mayra Singhania!" I said and she forwarded her hand towards me with a sweet smile on her face, as I shook her hand.

"You're Aadarsh Singhania's daughter?" She asked and I looked at her confused, as I nodded my head.

"Oh my! I really didn't think it would be you.."

Aunty, but I don't know you.

"I am sorry for being late, but I hope the arrangements have been done properly, let me know if you need any changes." I spoke mirroring the smile she had.

"I am Anaya Khurrana, and It's all perfect, thank you beta (child)." She smiled cupping my cheek. She looks really sweet.

"Mama, bhai is calling you." A girl walked towards Mrs. Khurrana, and she cupped her cheeks and nodded with a smile.

"I will catch up soon, Aaru, just take care if they need anything." She said and walked after passing a smile at us.

"She is so sweet!" Aadya said and I nodded, smiling.

"I am Aarushi Khurrana, nice to meet you, do let me know if you need help with anything." She introduced herself. She was an exact xerox of her mother, looks like beauty is what is present in the whole family.

Well then, their son, the to-be CEO might be in that Mr. Rude's competition, I can very well say that, at least by seeing the mother daughter duo and just how gorgeous they both are.

"No, thank you! We will just check all the arrangements once, if any changes are to be made, do let us know." Aadya said and she nodded with a smile, and we both walked towards the main hall, to see if any thing is needed there.

~

"That boy! What does he think of himself huh?"I said rolling my eyes as I walked towards the food counters, while again I bumped into someone....no wait, the same Mr. Khadoos!

"Not again!" I said rubbing my forehead.

"Oh, and as if I am dying to meet you over and over again!" He rolled his eyes at me.

"Shut up, just because I am not saying anything, doesn't mean you keep saying anything and everything that comes to your mouth!" I shouted at him.

"Do you even know who I am?" He asked crossing his arms.

As if I care to know who you are.

"I don't care-" But now, he had to cut me off...

"I am Aryan Khu..." Before he could continue I cut him off.

"Oh my god! Aryan? You are The Aryan?" I asked widening my eyes at him, while he pulled his collar straight, and smirked slightly.

Time to wipe that smirk off your face Mr. Khadoos!

"You really thought that would be my reaction? Huh?" And it was my time to smirk now, his expressions changed immediately, and he glared at me.

"You...." His fists clenched in anger

"Tsk tsk someone hurt his ego, so bad!" I said showing fake sympathy nodding my head.

Great going Mayra!

"You...Miss whoever you are" He came closer to me, as I stepped back I hit the wall. "Don't.ever.show.your.over smartness.to.me!" He spoke, and yes nothing was understood by me, except the closeness between us. His eyes straight looked into mine, and I never stood this close to someone, and the way he looked at me!

Someone help me, from here!

"Bhai...." Aarushi came, and he immediately moved back, while I stood straight.

"What happened?" He asked seriously

"Mama is calling you." She looked at both of us, and smiled, for god knows what reason.

He was just bumping into me everywhere and all he ends up doing is look straight into my eyes, where I feel like I am melting off, as the caramel eyes of his would just distract me somehow.

"Mark my words you drama queen!" He said and walked off

Drama queen?! Who is he to call me that!

"Where are you lost now?" Aadya asked as she walked towards me.

"I should be asking that! Why do you have to leave me alone here? That boy, I met him again, no wait, actually he came in my way, and then once again I bumped into him, and then he..."

"Shh! Calm down! This function might just be the last time you even meet him, so why worry about him now!" She said.

That's right though! This is such a big city, I might just not meet him ever again.

Might was the keyword.

"Let's go, the function is going to start now." Aadya said and I walked into the main hall, along with her.

"So ladies and gentlemen, our hearty welcome to all of you who took out time from your busy schedules to join us in this event. As you all know, this function is for my son. I have decided to give the position of the CEO of Khurrana industries, to my son, Aryan Khurrana!" Mr. Khurrana spoke.

And I froze.

This whole function hall belongs to him?

He is the CEO of Khurrana industries?

The earth should split open and swallow me right now! Yes it was the first time I felt this feeling...

I just insulted him in his own function, even when I am not even the guest, but just the event planner!

What had I gotten myself into!?

"Ar...Aryan Khurrana?" I whispered, as he walked on the stage, pulling his blazer setting it in place, and every step he took was accompanied by applause from all the audience, while my eyes were fixed on him. He is perfect in so many ways that I can't describe.

Not the right time Mayra.

"I know right, he is so hot!" Aadya said, smiling looking at him.

"And rude..." I continued.

"This is the guy, who I bumped in with!" I said, and her yes widened, as if I said the life on earth is gonna end soon. She glared at me!

"What? That.was.Aryan.Khurrana?" She looked at me in shock.

"Yes! What is making you so shocked? He is not the first CEO in the world!" I rolled my eyes

"Have you even looked at him? There's no one like him, he is so damn handsome!" Aadya said.

This girl has gone crazy!

Looked at him? He was standing so close to me, that I had no place to move even an inch!

"There are many more handsome people in the world, and with a good heart, for sure!" I said. But that girl was in no way listening to me, she was busy looking at him, and I don't know why the whole situation made me uncomfortable.

As the function got over, I spoke to Mrs. Khurrana and Aarushi, and went back home. Thankfully that Mr. Jerk wasn't around!

"How was your day Mayra?" Mumma asked as I sat on the couch, all tired.

"It was good mumma! Misha didn't come?" I asked looking around for my sister.

"Maasi!" I heard my baby girl's voice, and turned behind to look at her standing with her bunny in her hand.

"Rimi!" I picked her up and she placed a tight kiss on my cheek as I smiled at her.

"Maasi I want Ice cream, mumma doesn't let me eat it." She said pouting.

"Mumma is bad, and Maasi..."

"Is the best!" She said and I high-fied her!

"You saw mumma? See what your daughter is teaching my little girl, she is gonna spoil her!" Misha walked in.

"And that's what maasi's are for!" I said tickling Rimi, while she giggled.

"If Rimsha doesn't eat ice creams and chocolates, who will? You and me?" Mumma said smiling at Rimsha.

"Mumma you too? I feel since Rimsha has come, you all forgot that you have one more daughter, hai na?" Just misha being misha.

"And here we go..." I said in a tune, while she hit me on my arm. Sticking my tongue out at her, I picked up Rimi and walked upstairs to my room.

"Mumma, I wanted to talk about Mayra's...." I knew where this was going. I stopped in my tracks on the way, without turning behind I said,

"I am not getting married!"

•••

I live for cliché first meets...
Hope you liked the first chapter, don't forget to vote and comment🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 18.7K 58
Too old. Too tall. Too rich. Too out of my league. That's Aryan Arora, the billionaire CEO for me. But apparently, he is the perfect marri...
32.3K 4.6K 37
Book 2 of scandalous ~Humsafar me to h humsafar hai nahi~ Arranged marriage with love? It's complicated! That's their life How are they gonna survi...
1.2K 70 11
"Wicked tactics or not, I possess it if I like it, including you, Advika." #book 1 from Fated Trilogy He had always longed only for money and power...
198K 12.4K 25
Ordinary story of two not so ordinary people meeting by fate to spend the rest of their lives together in the pure bond of marriage. Where trust, res...