Mercy||Miguel Diaz

By dallascobra

Brielle "Lola" Moskowitz had just moved to California, after receiving a desperate phone call from her aunt... More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
Update!

6

149 4 1
By dallascobra

"Where in the world are we, Miguel?" I questioned, with my face scrunched from the awful smell. "Welcome to our dojo!" He smiled, as he motioned his arm like he was in a game show. "A junk yard?!" "Yeah, I found some karate equipment in the back, and since we don't have a real dojo, this will have to do." He tucked in his lips as he scanned the view. I tucked in my lips as well, just nodding my head speechless. "I promise, it won't be as bad as you think." "It's fine, it'll be worth it." "That's the attitude!" He smiled. I eyed him, "Don't push it!" He threw his hands up innocently, "Okay! How about we start?"

After warmups, he had me punching the century Bob that he found just laying around. Though I am training at a junk yard, I do have to have to give him credit for at least washing down all of the equipment we were going to use. But I still can't seem to understand how he was able to even do that; however, I'm not going to question anything. I'm just going to be grateful that I'm learning karate.

"Harder." Miguel stated. "I'm punching as hard as I can!" I whined. "No you're not. I know you have power in there, now come on and show it." "Miguel, I'm trying!" I retorted. "Come on, Brielle! Dig deep! Pretend that mannequin is anyone and anything that's ever hurt you! Take all that pain and anger and release it!" I took in a deep breath, channeling it all in, then I punched. I knew that punch was strong, I felt it. I looked back to Miguel, who was smiling. He then crossed to me, "Good, good. Now, when punching you don't want to stop once you make contact. You need to follow through." "What do you mean?" I questioned. "When following through," He then got into his stance and punched the mannequin, "You need to pretend that you're actually trying to hit the other five people behind the intentional person."

"So like when people punch through wood? They don't just stop at one, they continue punching to get through all of them?" "Exactly like that." He softly smiled. I smiled back at him, then our eyes were locked. It was happening again, everything around us was getting dark and it was just the two of us. No, stop it, Lola! I then quickly snapped out of it, "Well,"
I cleared my throat, "I'm going to get back to punching now." "Uh right, yeah. You do that." He chuckled. "Yeah." I awkwardly laugh. I then turned back to the mannequin and continued punching and practiced following through with every punch.

After about an hour or so, we called it. Mainly because we almost got caught a couple of times by the workers and we didn't want to get exiled from the place. "Tomorrow we'll focus more on punching, then once I feel you've gotten the hang of it; we'll practice kicking." Miguel explained. "Sounds good to me." I shrugged. We were then in the car ready to leave when it hit me, "Let me teach you how to drive." He looked at me completely off guard, "What?!" "You heard me," I giggled, "You're teaching me karate, the least I can do is teach you how to drive." "I've never even been behind the wheel!" He clearly looked nervous. "Okay, we'll start with baby steps then." I smiled. "How would we do that?" He asked. I thought about it for a second, then it dawned on me, "You'll see." I smirked and he had a worried expression.

After a drive to Burbank, we finally arrived to my desired destination. "K1 Speed-Indoor Go Karts?" Miguel read the sign aloud. "Yup." I smiled. "Your idea of baby steps is go karting?" "Well it does beat a junk yard." I teased. "Point proven." He laughed. I then found parking right in the front, how convenient. I parked, then we made our way into the building.

"So," Miguel started as we waited in line, "How is this going to help?" "Well, you're going to have to learn how to drive without crashing, right?" "Yeah." He agreed. "Your objective here is to drive without hitting a single person or the barrier." "What?! How is that even possible? People drive insane during go karting!" "People also drive insane when on the freeway, so you've got to learn how to find a window and squeeze through." I explained. "Isn't that more of a lesson for speed racing?" "Are you questioning the teacher?" I arched my eyebrow. "No, no! I was just curious is all." "Just trust the process, okay?" I smiled. "Okay." He smiled back.

We had finally reached the front of the line to actually start driving. "You're not going in?" Miguel asked. "Nope," I stepped away from the line, "I'm going to watch and critique you." "Makes sense." He nodded his head. Then the lady at the gate start letting in Miguel and the next group of people. "Remember your objective!" I hollered followed with a thumbs up, a gesture in which he returned. Within a minute or so he was finally off.

After a few rounds he was finally finished. He walked up to me with the biggest smile on his face, he was definitely having a great time. "Having fun?" "Oh yeah! But how'd I do?" He asked. I moved out of the way to let him through the gate, "Not as bad as I intended." "Thanks, I think?" "How about we take a break from all of this and we hangout somewhere?" I suggested. "I'm in!" He smiled. "Cool! There's this place I've been hearing about that I've been dying to go to!" "Surprise me." We both smiled at each other.

"Golf n Stuff?" He questioned. "Yeah! Do you not like this place?" "I do, I do. I just have some history here." He slightly frowned. "We can go somewhere else." "No, no. It's okay." "Are you sure?" I asked. "Yes, I promise this is all fine." He smiled. "Okay." I then pulled into a parking space. I grabbed my phone and wallet, then we made our way into the place.

"Do we buy our thing here?" I asked, pointing at a little booth in front. "Yeah, this is for mini golf and go karting." He replied. "We're definitely doing that!" I then made my way to the booth and bought our wristbands to let us in for mini golf and go karting. I'm so glad my aunt had just given me money yesterday, or else I'd be screwed! "Here you are, sir." I smiled handing him his wristband. "Thank you." He smiled back. "So, where we headed first?" I asked. "I bet I can beat you in mini golf." He smirked. "Oh, you are so on!"

We went through all of the holes in the mini golf. It was so much fun! We were just joking the whole time, playfully sabotaging each other, and being competitive. By this time we had already done go karting and were currently inside of the arcade. "I for sure won mini golf, by the way!" Miguel noted. "Oh, no you did not!" "Yes I did! I got more holes than you." "That's only because you threw my ball like ten times and you ran up to the hole and made it in!" I laughed. "Hey, I only did that like six times!" "Like that's any better!" We were both laughing hysterically.

"Hey, Miguel." A familiar female voice called out. I knew exactly who it was. We turned around and sure enough, there she was in the flesh. "Hey, Sam." He greeted. "Didn't think I'd see you here." She made her way towards him. "I could say the same thing about you." He chuckled. "So, what're you doing here?" "I'm here with Brielle." He replied. She then looked to me, and I could see the jealousy in her eyes and the fake-ness in her smile. "Is this another one of your guys' 'little' hangouts'?" She questioned. "I just heard about this place and I wanted to check it out, is all. It's my first time here and I asked Miguel to join me." I replied.

"Oh," She smiled widely, "I remember my first time coming here with Miguel. You remember that, don't you, Miguel?" He clearly looked uncomfortable but was trying to cover it, "Yes, I do." "Did you know our first date was here, Brielle?" She innocently smiled, but I could see right through her. And who the hell is she to call me Brielle?! That infuriated me! But I had to keep my cool, "No. I didn't know that, thanks for the information." "It was the best date of my life." She smirked. "Glad to hear that." I mumbled as I shifted uncomfortably.

I wasn't exactly jealous that she was bringing up their date, it just makes me uncomfortable that she tries so hard to make me envious when Miguel is just my best friend. "Look, Sam, I'm not trying to sound mean or anything; but-" "No, I understand. You want to be alone on your date, and I get it. I should go." "What?! This isn't a date!" He retorted. "Yeah, I've heard that one before." "No, you don't get to do that! You can't use my words against me when I said them to you, you were actually on a date!" He defended. "We're not on a date, Sam." I added. "I'm not talking to you, Brielle!" "Don't yell at her! And it's Lola to you, Samantha." I couldn't believe that Miguel was standing up for me against her! Of all people in the world, Sam!

She was completely caught off guard too, because for once, she was speechless! "Can we go?" I whispered to Miguel. "Let's go." He put his arm around me and we walked right past her. Once we were in clear view of her, I decided to speak. "Hey, thank you for having my back, but you didn't have to do that." "I know. I just don't understand what her problem is." He shook his head. "You know," I pulled his arm off of me, "You putting your arm around me didn't exactly convince her that we aren't anything more than friends." "Brielle, I don't care what she thinks. Let her think we're dating or not, that's none of her business for one. And for two, we know the truth and that's all that matters." He explained.

I nodded my head, "You're right." He then pulled me in for a hug, "I'm so sorry that things like this keep happening to you. I don't understand what's going on, but just know it has nothing to do with you, okay? People are just miserable within themselves and they don't know how else to release it." I held him a little tighter, I don't know what it was, but something about hearing those words come from his mouth actually made me believe things would be okay. That this is just a weird moment in life, and everything was going to be fine.

We then were starring into each other's eyes, our arms still around one another. For some reason I wasn't nervous or scared, I felt so secure and sure. Without any control, I naturally started leaning into him as he leaned into me. But before we got too close, I pulled away. "We should get going." I let go of him. "Yeah," He dropped his arms, "You're right. I told my mom I'd make dinner tonight." "You cook?" I asked. "Of course." He replied. "What do you plan on making?" "I don't know yet." He chuckled. "Well," I smiled, "Can I come over and help you prepare dinner?" His lips curled into a smile as he nodded his head, "I'd like that." "Cool! First, we should hit the store." "Okay, let's go." We then made our way back to the car.

We were finally at his apartment and we were setting up all of our ingredients we had to bought to start preparing dinner. "Are you sure they're going to like this?" I asked. "Brielle," He chuckled, "They're going to love your dinner, I promise! Just take a deep breath and tell me what you need me to do." I took a deep breath, like he said, "Can you please make the rice and the chipotle sauce? I'll prepare the tacos, and start cutting up the veggies while the stuff in the pan cooks." "Whatever you need me to do, I'll do. No limitations." He winked. I playfully rolled my eyes, "Ass! Go on and get to cooking." "Okay, okay!" He laughed.

We had just got done cooking and preparing everything. We had turned on music while we cooked, so the whole kitchen was just so fun. "Dance with me!" "Miguel, I'm about to start plating!" I laughed. "Oh, come on, just for a few songs!" "Miguel!" He then grabbed my hands and pulled me close. "Miguel, I need to make the plates." "No, you need to spin and dance with me!" He then held out his arm to spin me. We were both laughing and smiling and danced. It seems like every moment I have with him is always amusing. I then spun into his arms as he wrapped them around my waiting, and mine went around his neck. Once more, we were locked on one another's eyes, as the room grew dark around us. This time without hesitation, we were both leaning in. Our lips were just centimeters apart from intertwining.

Then we heard the door, "Miggy, I'm home!" His mom announced. We immediately let go of each other and took steps back. "Hi, mom!" He waved. "Hi, Carmen." I smiled. "Hola, Lola! I didn't know you'd be joining us!" "Surprise!" I laughed. "Surprise indeed!" She came up to me and gave me a hug. "Wow," She continued, "It smells delish in here! What did you guys cook up?" "Tacos gobernador with rice." Miguel replied. "That sounds delicious! Let me put my stuff away and I'll help plate." "No, no. It's okay, just take your time, we can do the plating." I smiled. "Are you sure?" "Of course! You just got done working, you deserve to just come home to a cooked meal and relax." She pouted her lip, "Thank you, mija! I'll be back!" She then made her way out of the kitchen.

"I'll set the tacos on the plate, then you place the rice on the plates." I instructed. "Yes, ma'am!" He smiled. I then placed three tacos on each plate, I then opened them up and placed some cabbage inside of them and drizzled the chipotle sauce inside of them as well, topped off with some cilantro. Miguel then added some rice on the side, and we started setting the table. "Oye, Lola, you made dinner?" Miguel's grandma asked as she made her way into the dinning room. "Yes, with the help of Miguel." I smiled. "Hopefully it tastes good." "I hope so too." I giggled. "Mama, don't be rude." Carmen chimed as she sat at the table. "Don't confuse rudeness with honesty, Carmen." She arched her eyebrow. Carmen just lightly shook her head with no response, as I just giggled. Finally, Miguel and I had finished setting the table with plates and drinks. "It looks delicious! You both did a beautiful job!" Carmen smiled. "Thank you!" Miguel and I said in unison, we both just lightly laughed at the coincidence. "Let us pray." Carmen smiled.

We were all almost done eating, but our conversations kept preventing us from eating. We were talking about anything that came to our minds. I really adored the way their little family all functioned together. I know every family has their problems, but they just looked so perfect to me. Well, at least what I'd identify as the perfect family. "You guys, the food turned out perfect! Like oh my gosh, I could eat this forever!" Carmen complimented. I giggled, "Thank you! I'm so glad you liked it! It was actually my first time making this." "No way! You looked like you knew what you were doing!" Miguel appeared shocked. "Fake it til you make it." I giggled and shrugged. "Well the tacos were perfect!" "I made the rice and the sauce!" Miguel chimed, fishing for a compliment.

"You did amazing too, Miggy." She smiled endearingly. "Gracias!" He lit up like a child. "Did you like the food, yaya?" Miguel asked his grandma. "It was good, I admit it." Miguel and I both smiled. After a few more small talks, we finally finished eating. "I'll clean up." "No, no. You made dinner, allow me." Carmen offered. "Carmen, it's okay. I can do it, trust me I love helping around." "Are you sure?" "I promise, it's no problem." I smiled. I then got up before she could try and persuade me, and started collecting the plates and cups to take them to the sink.

I placed everything inside of the sink, then got to washing. "Hey." Miguel smiled as he stood next to me. "Hey." I smiled back. With every clean dish, he grabbed them and dried them off with a towel. "Thank you." I softly smiled, referring to him drying the dishes. "It's no problem, we both cooked so I should help clean up." He returned the smile. We the proceeded to do our task in silence for a few seconds. "Today was really fun." I tried to start some small talk. "Aside from the whole Sam thing," I chuckled at his comment, "I had a really great time today too." "Even with the whole Sam thing," I nudged him with my shoulder, "Today was still amazing."

"Well, I'm always available to have plenty of more amazing days with you." "I will gladly accept those days." We were both smiling at each other. We then continued to wash all of the dishes and put all of the leftovers away. After we finished up everything, we were all just talking and laughing. I had actually asked my mom the other day to send some pictures of me when I was little to show everyone, but that was soon interrupted by a call from Eli. I quickly pulled the phone away, making sure no one could see the screen. "Oh, it's my cousin," I stood up, "I need to take this." I then quickly made my way outside. I then answered the phone.

"What, Eli?" "Hey, honey, it's me. I couldn't find my phone so I used Eli's." My aunt explained. "Oh," I immediately changed my tone, "Hey! What happened?" "I was just checking in, and wondering when you were coming home?" "I was just at a friend's, but is everything okay? Do you need me to go back?" I asked. "Well I'm actually feeling a little feverish, and was wondering if you could pick me up some stuff from the store? I'll pay you back." "No, you don't have to pay me back. I'll be on my way now." I explained. We then exchanged goodbyes and the call had ended. I let out a sigh before making my way back in.

"Hey, guys. My cousin needs me right now. So I, unfortunately, have to call it a night." I explained. "Oh, we understand, mija! Family is very important and should always be top priority no matter what." Carmen stated. "Couldn't agree more." I awkwardly chuckled, considering my own cousin puts me last. We all exchanged goodnight, then Miguel walked me to the car. "Goodnight, Miguel." I smiled. "Goodnight, Brielle." He smiled back. We gave each other a hug, then I was off.

I had stopped at a liquor store near Miguel's apartment. As I parked, I looked around at the other businesses within the parking lot. I then seen a huge sign read Cobra Kai, with a huge cobra in the middle. "Oh shit!" Fell from my mouth as I realized that's where Eli trains and that's where Miguel first discovered his love for karate. But, that's also the place that fueled the flame that almost left Miguel paralyzed or killed. My stomach churned at thought of even seeing him endure all of that. I shook my mind of the thoughts then made my way into the liquor store.

On the way over, my aunt had told me she had a slight cough and her sinuses were hurting, which most likely meant allergies. So I went through the small aisles and seen where they kept their medicine. The bell then dinged, indicating that someone else had came through the door. I just kept my head down, reading through all of the different medicines. "Nice outfit!" I heard a female voice next to me. I looked up to see a blonde haired girl about two feet away from me. "Thanks!" I smiled. "I've never seen you in here before, you new?" She asked. "Something like that." I replied. "Well," She stepped closer extending her hand, "I'm Tory." "Lola." We shook hands. "Cute name." She noted. "Thanks." I awkwardly smiled.

"Welcome to the valley, Lola," She then looked down the the medicine in my hand, "Allergy season?" "It's for my aunt." "So you live here with your aunt?" She asked. "Temporarily." I replied. "What's that supposed to mean? Did you get like in trouble or something?" She intriguingly asked. "No, just a tiny family issue that I'm not comfortable discussing." I answered. "I respect that." We then stood in silence for a bit, kind of awkwardly. "Well," I started, "I should get going. My aunt really needs this." "Of course! I'll see you around." "Yeah, see you." I gave her an awkward smile, then we went our separate ways. I had a weird feeling about her, but I don't know exactly what it is. I mean, it's no use getting worked up over if I am never going to see her again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
313K 10.2K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC Β© KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
235K 5.8K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ΰͺœβ€βž΄ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 π‹πˆπŠπ„ .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
508K 15.9K 74
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...