8 Letters. Miguel Diaz

By Leilabear10

Isabella Lynch never had much, of course she had friends, but only two. Her mother was never around. Her fath... More

โค๏ธŽCแด€sแด›โค๏ธŽ
Chapter 1- New Beginnings
Chapter 2- Bullies
Chapter 3- The Reason Why
Chapter 5- School
Chapter 6- The LaRussos
Chapter 7- dinner time
Chapter 8- ads and kicks, oh my
Chapter 9- kicks and costumes
Chapter 10- The Halloween dance
Chapter 11- no more karate & more assholes
Chapter 12- bella & sam
Chapter 13- daniel larusso
Chapter 14- aisha?
Chapter 15- the cafeteria fight
Chapter 16- more students
Chapter 17- awkward tension
Chapter 18- interesting times
Chapter 19- dating advice from Johnny
Chapter 20- it hurts
Chapter 21- coping๏ฟผ
Chapter 22- story time
Chapter 23- training in the woods?
Chapter 24- messy parties

Chapter 4- First Lesson

529 17 4
By Leilabear10

Johnny stood in his black gi in front of Bella and Miguel, the two standing very awkwardly. The three just stood in silence until Miguel spoke up, "so are we gonna get the karate pajamas too?"

"Quiet!" Johnny yelled, causing the teens to flinch. "The students only speak when spoken to, is that understood."
"Yes." Both replied, Johnny looked at them with a raised eyebrows. "Yes, sir?" Miguel asked unsurely. "Always address me as sensei, is that understood."

"Yes sensei." The two answered in unison. "These aren't pajamas, this is a gi, and you'll get one when you've earned it." Jonny answered Miguels previous question.
"Ready to begin your training."

"Yes sensei." They say together once again. In a quick motion, Johnny rushed over and grabbed Bella, flipping her over onto the ground. Bella groaned as her back hit the ground, soon enough Johnny did the same to Miguel. "Lesson one, strike first. Never wait for the enemy to attack." Johnny said, pushing himself off the floor.

"You couldn't have given me a warning." Bella groaned as Miguel helped her up. "Quiet! We do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak. Here on the street, in competition, a man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy, what is the problem, Mr.Diaz."

Isabella looked over at the boy next to her, only to see him taking some puffs from his inhaler. "There's no problem sensei, you punched me, and I have asthma so.." Miguel explained, Johnny quickly grabbed his inhaler, tossing it at the wall, causing it to break.

"Not anymore. We do not allow weakness in this dojo. So you can leave your asthma and your peanut allergies and all that other made up bullshit outside, understand." Johnny rambled.
Miguel looking at Bella, then Johnny in confusion and shock.

"Yes, but those are real medical problems. I was-" Miguel started but then Bella elbowed his side, Miguel glancing at her, then at Johnny.
He sighed, "yes sensei, understood."

"Cobra Kai isn't just about karate. It's about a way of life. Take that first lesson. Striking first is the initial steps towards victory, ok? Like when you're at a party and you see a hot babe. You don't wait for another guy to talk to her first, do you?"
Miguel looked at the girl next to him before Johnny noticed, he blushed, as his eyes traveled her facial features.

He looked at his Sensei, and answered,
"I mean, I've never been to a party. So.."
"Big surprise."
Bella let out a snort as Johnny continues. "Alright look. Striking first is about being aggressive, all right? If you're not aggressive, you're a pussy, and you don't wanna be a pussy, you wanna have balls."

"Don't you think you're doing a lot of genderizing?" Bella spoke up for the first time in a while. Johnny turning his head to the girl, giving her a look, then looked at Miguel who was already staring at her. "What?"
"Oh, um, sorry, um don't you think you're doing a lot of genderizing, sensei?"

"No- I- what the hell are you talking about?"
"Oh, uh, my guidance counselor says that certain words perpetuate the sexist world view that can trigger-"

"Quiet! From now on you won't listen to your guidance counselor. You're gonna listen to me. Is that understood." She sighed, "yes sensei."

"Good. Now you both stop tapping like little girls and give me 50 push-ups on your knuckles."

Miguel looked at Bella a little scared, as she nodded, "oh, yeah, ok." She dropped down next to Miguel and balanced herself onto her knuckles. She wobbled around, before pushing herself up slowly as Miguel tried to do one again, this time copying Bella but he could barely make it off the ground.

"All right, just do some crunches. Don't you have gym class or something." Johnny asked, watching Miguel lay on the floor. The boy groaning in response before rolling over onto his back. Isabella doing the same as the bell above the door rang, signaling someone is coming into the building.

The three looked over to see a man walking in, wearing a suit. "Howdy there Mr. Lawrence!" The man asked, looking around the dojo.

"It's sensei." Miguel corrected. "Miguel shut up." Johnny said. Which caused Bella to laugh a little as she tried to do some crunches, basically ignoring the conversation.

"How're you so good at this?" Miguel panted, struggling to sit up, but just gave up and payed down, Bella joining him. "I don't know, maybe I may be stronger than you thought." Bella winked, causing Miguel to slightly blush, Bella seeing him and started blushing herself.

"You two, are y'all, customers here?" The man asked, looking at the teens. "Oh no, that's just an illegal I picked up this morning and that- she's, she's my, uh, daughter. They're helping me set up." Johnny answered quickly. Bella and Miguel exchanged confused looks and the man looked around again.

"I don't need to know all about that. My job is to make sure this place is up to code, you don't want a scabies outbreak like that hot yoga place over on Tujuhga." The man said, making Bella wrinkle her nose in disgust. Miguel noticed and smiled, finding it adorable.

Johnny flipped through the pages of the packet in his hand, his expression hardening with each flip. "Wait. Wait. So, I have to do all this crap before I even open?!" He aggressively asked. "No, you need to do all that to get the certificate that's required to get the insurance you need to open. You know that when you signed your lease , right."

Judging by the looks from his face, Bella guessed that Johnny did not know.

The man walked over to the poster on the wall and stared at it.
"Cool rattlesnake." He stated, "it's a cobra." Johnny snapped.
"Oh, right, duh. I'm such an idiot, Cobra Kay." The man said before leaving the dojo.

As soon as the door closed, Bella busted out laughing, leaning on Miguel to keep herself from falling over. "You should've see your face when he explained all of that." She laughed out, Miguel only focusing on the girl he was holding.

Johnny rolled his eyes, "well since y'all find it funny, y'all need to get to the cleaning." Johnny stated with a grin.

"Oh, come on, don't be like that.. Dad!" Bella mocked, causing Miguel to snort in laughter as Johnny rolled his eyes but smiled too. Being called dad felt weird, but it felt nice too.

❤︎❤︎❤︎

After the whole ordeal with the health inspector, Johnny was not lying about how the two teens being needed to clean.

They started scrubbing the mats while Johnny walked in with a beer and some bags. As the two kept talking, Miguel's phone went off.

"Where's that garbage coming from? You hear that." Johnny asked, looking around the room confused. "Sorry, yeah." Miguel replied, answering his phone. Bella went back to scrubbing, tuning out the conversation, but after Miguel hung up.

Johnny looked at Miguel in surprise, "don't tell me you have a girlfriend?" He questioned, and for some reason, Bella felt jealous.

Miguel shook his head
(much to Bella's relief)
He started explaining how it was his mom who called and he has to lie to her and tell her and say he's on the debate team.

"What about your dad? Is he ok with you getting your ass kicked up and down Reseda Boulevard?" Johnny asked, taking a sip of his beer. Isabella wincing, knowing that Miguel's father was never there.

"Oh, I never, uh, really knew my dad, so.." Miguel stammered. Johnny grimaced before quickly changing the subject. "Alright, we'll stop standing there. Get back to training." Miguel nodded then got back next to Bella.

"And change that ringtone. Get some Guns N Roses or something." Johnny stated, "What's Guns N Roses." He asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"What! You don't know who Guns N Roses are?!" Bella exclaimed. "No?" Miguel replied, staring at the girl in confusion.

"Oh come on. You have to at least know Queen?" Miguel stared at the girl with confusion written all over his face. "The Beatles? AC/DC? Nirvana? Greenday? Bon Jovi?" Isabella stated as Miguel stared at her with an amused look.

Bella paused, "Nothing!" She turned to Johnny, "kids these days, they have no culture." She complained, causing him to chuckle, then walk away.

"I still can't believe you don't know Guns N Roses. How are we even friends?" She asked. Miguel shrugged "my great personality and good looks."

Bella smiled, "whatever you say mig." She laughed, playfully bumping his shoulder. They continue cleaning as they both wore cheesy smiles on their faces.

——
Yahhhh fuckin finally right
⬇️⬇️Outfit⬇️⬇️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 8.2K 42
-๐€๐‹๐ˆ๐„๐ ๐๐‹๐”๐„๐’ แต‰หกโฑ แตแต’หขแตแต’สทโฑแต—แถป '๐™„ ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ฅ๐™ช๐™ง๐™œ๐™š ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™ช๐™ง๐™œ๐™š๐™จ, ...
36.9K 1.2K 39
"Demetri shush! I'm concentrating." "On what? ...
14.7K 259 48
Moving to a new town and lying to everyone seemed easy enough for Dylan, but when her past is exposed how does she cope? Seasons 1-5 complete. Start...
12.7K 294 13
After breaking up with your boyfriend you realize that you have feelings for your best friend Sam... I don't have a great summary lol but it's good...