The philosopher's stone/Hermi...

By a_simp_for_hermione

Y/N is just an ordinary boy, or so he thought. When he went to Hogwarts, his whole life changed. Will it be g... More

book #1
1- The train
First girl best friend
The three-headed dog
Troll
Nicolas Flamel
The Mirror of Erised
End of a friendship?
Characters
The secret place
Detention
Stone, here we come!
My boy

2-The sorting

1K 28 7
By a_simp_for_hermione

"We never properly introduced ourselves. I'm Y/N L/N." I said while putting my hand out for a handshake.

She gave me a big smile. "I'm Hermione, Hermione Granger,"  she said while shaking my hand. 

Almost two hours later, a boy entered our compartment. "Has anyone seen Trevor?" Me and Hermione exchanged a confused look. "I-I'm Neville Longbottom. Trevor is my toad. I lost him... Can you help me find him?"

"Sure thing Neville, we will help you find him. Right Y/N?" Said Hermione in an excited tone of voice.

"Right, right!" I said, not expecting that question.

The three of us went to look in different directions. Neville went to the right, and we went to the left. We stopped at a compartment with two boys in them. One boy had black hair and the other boy had ginger hair.

 "Has anyone seen a toad? Neville's lost one," said Hermione. She had a bossy sort of voice when she said that.

"We've already told him we haven't seen it," said a boy with red hair, but Hermione wasn't listening.

"Oh, are your doing magic? Let's see then."

She sat down and pulled me along.

"Er --- all right." 

The ginger cleared his throat. 

"Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, Turn this stupid, fat rat yellow."

He waved his wand, but nothing happened. The rat stayed gray and fast asleep.

"Are you sure that's a real spell?" said Hermione. "Well, it's not very good, is it? I've tried a few simple spells just for practice and it's all worked for me. Nobody in my family's magic at all, it was ever such a surprise when I got my letter, but I was so ever pleased, of course, I mean, it's the very best school of witchcraft there is, I've heard --- I've learned all our course books by heart, of course, I just hope it will be enough --- I'm Hermione Granger, by the way, who are you?" 

Hermione said all that very fast. 

"I'm Ron Weasley," muttered the red hair boy.

"Harry Potter," said the boy with dark hair. 

Hermione was about to start rambling again, but I cut her off.  "I'm Y/N L/N, nice to meet you,"  I say with a smile on my face. I grabbed Hermione and said, "Anyway, we'd better go look for Neville's toad."

 Hermione and I went our separate ways. She went to look for Neville, while I went back to the compartment. On my way, I bumped into three boys. The one in the middle was a tall, slender boy pale, pointed face, sleek blond hair, and ice grey eyes. He had two tall boys next to him.

"Watch where you are going!" Said the pale boy.

"I'm sorry I didn't see you," I said trying to be patient "I'm Y/N L/N, nice to meet you."

His facial expression changed for an odd reason. "Nice to meet you. This is Crabbe and Goyle. I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." 

"I will see you guys around, bye," I said while going towards the cabinet.  

When I walked into the cabinet, Lynn hugged me. Hermione was looking at us with a facial expression I can't distinguish. I sat Lynn down and started whispering to her everything that had happened. 

"Are you 100% sure that is what you saw?" Lynn asked me thinking I was crazy.

Suddenly an idea popped up in my mind. "Hey Hermione, can you do a spell to fix Lynn's glasses ?"

A smile popped onto Hermione's face. "Of course!" She took her wand out and flicked it while saying "Oculus Reparo". Just like that, the glasses were fixed.

Lynn looked shocked "okay... I believe you now" she whispered, still freaked out.

 A voice echoed through the train: "We will be in Hogwarts in five minutes please leave your luggage on the train, it will be taken to the school separately."

The train slowed right down and finally stopped. Everyone pushed their way towards the door and out onto a tiny, dark platform.

"Firs' years! firs' years right over here!" said a very tall man. "C'mon follow me - Any more firs' years? Mind yer step now! Firs' years follow me!"

Slipping and stumbling, we followed the tall man down what seemed to be a steep, narrow path. Nobody spoke much. Neville just sniffed once or twice.

"yhe'll get yer fis' sight of' Hogwarts in a sec," said the tall men over his shoulders "jus' around this bend here."

"Ohhhhhh" was all I heard for a second.

The narrow path had opened suddenly onto the edge of a great Black lake. Perched a high mountain on the other side, its windows sparkling in the starry sky, was a vast castle with many turrets and towers.

"No more'n four to a boat!" called the man, pointing to a fleet of little boats sitting in the water by the shore. I grabbed Lynn's and Hermione's hands and went towards one of the boats.

"Everyone in?" shouted the man, he had a boat all to himself, "Right then - FORWARD!"

When we got to shore, the tall man said, "Oy you there! Is this your toad?" 

"Trevor!" cried Neville happily, holding out his hand.

The man raised his gigantic fist and knocked three times on the castle door.

The door swung open at once. A tall, black-haired witch with emerald-green eyes stood there. She had a very stern face.

"The firs'-years, Professor McGonagall," said the tall man.

"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here." 

Professor McGonagall took us to an empty chamber. We were all crowded, it was uncomfortable.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room.

"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.

"The sorting ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting."  

"I shall return when we are ready for you," said Professor McGonagall. "Please wait quietly." She left the chamber.

Around five minutes later, Professor McGonagall had returned.

"Now form a line,"  She told us  "and follow me."

Lynn entered the line behind me. Hermione went in front of me. We walked out of the chamber, back across the hall, and through a pair of double doors into the Great Hall.

 It was lit by thousands and thousands of candles that were floating in midair over four long tables, where the rest of the students were sitting. These tables were laid with glittering golden plates and goblets. At the top of the hall was another long table where the teachers were sitting. Hermione noticed me looking up and whispered, "It's bewitched to look like the sky outside. I read about it in Hogwarts, A History." It was hard to believe there was a ceiling there at all.

 Professor McGonagall silently placed a four-legged stool in front of the first years. On top of the stool, she put a pointed wizard's hat. This hat was patched and frayed and extremely dirty. For a few seconds, there was complete silence. Then the hat twitched. A rip near the brim opened wide like a mouth – and the hat began to sing:

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see,

I'll eat myself if you can find

A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,

Your top hats sleek and tall,

For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat

And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head

The Sorting Hat can't see,

So try me on and I will tell you

Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,

Where dwell the brave at heart,

Their daring, nerve, and chivalry

Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,

Where they are just and loyal,

Those patient Hufflepuffs are true

And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,

If you've a ready mind,

Where those of wit and learning,

Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin

You'll make your real friends,

Those cunning folk use any means

To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!

And don't get in a flap!

You're in safe hands (though I have none)

For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

The whole hall burst into applause as the hat finished its song. It bowed to each of the four tables and then became quite still again. Professor McGonagall now stepped forward holding a long roll of parchment.

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted," she said. Fuck! I thought. "Abbott, Hannah!"

A pink-faced girl with blonde pigtails stumbled out of line, put on the hat, which fell right down over her eyes, and sat down. A moment's pause –

"HUFFLEPUFF!" shouted the hat.

The table on the right cheered and clapped as Hannah went to sit down at the Hufflepuff table.

"Bones, Susan!"

"HUFFLEPUFF!" shouted the hat again, and Susan scuttled off to sit next to Hannah.

"Boot, Terry!"

"RAVENCLAW!"

The table second from the left clapped this time; several Ravenclaws stood up to shake hands with Terry as he joined them.

"Brocklehurst, Mandy" went to Ravenclaw too, but "Brown, Lavender" became the first new Gryffindor, and the table on the far left exploded with cheers; Harry could see Ron's twin brothers catcalling.

"Bulstrode, Millicent" then became a Slytherin.

"Finch-Fletchley, Justin!"

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

"Granger, Hermione!"

Hermione almost ran to the stool and jammed the hat eagerly on her head. I let out a giggle.

"GRYFFINDOR!" shouted the hat. Ron groaned.

The hat took a long time to decide with Neville. When it finally shouted, "GRYFFINDOR," Neville ran off still wearing it, and had to jog back amid gales of laughter to give it to "MacDougal, Morag."

Malfoy swaggered forward when his name was called and got his wish at once: the hat had barely touched his head when it screamed, "SLYTHERIN!"

Malfoy went to join his friends Crabbe and Goyle, looking pleased with himself.

There weren't many people left now.

"Moon"..., "Nott"..., "Parkinson"..., then a pair of twin girls, "Patil" and "Patil"..., then "Perks, Sally-Anne..., and then, at last –

"Potter, Harry!"

As Harry stepped forward, whispers suddenly broke out like little hissing fires all over the hall.

"Potter, did she say?"

"The Harry Potter?"

 "GRYFFINDOR!" Shouted the hat after a long time. And now there were only six people left to be sorted. "Thomas, Dean," a black boy joined Harry at the Gryffindor table. "Turpin, Lisa," became a Ravenclaw, and then it was Ron's turn. He was pale green by now, a second later the hat had shouted, "GRYFFINDOR!"

"Zabini, Blaise," was made a Slytherin.

There was only me and Lynn standing there. Fuck, fuck was all that went through my head.

McGonagall noticed me and Lynn. I quickly grabbed Lynn's hand, knowing she would get a panic attack if I didn't. A tall and thin man, with silver hair and beard, got up. 

"Follow me," Said Professor McGonagall. We walked up a couple of moving stairs, soon getting on the seventh floor. "Wait here," was all she said as she walked up a small set of stairs. She stayed there for almost ten minutes.

"You may now come in, the headmaster wants to speak to both of you," she told us while walking away.

We exchanged looks and walked through a large door. The old-looking man was sitting in a large chair waiting for us. "Hello, there's no need to be scared I am not going to hurt you," said the old man.

We walked towards the two chairs in front of him and sat down. Lynn gained strength and asked, "Will we have to go back home?"

"No, you won't," said the old man. "I'm Professor Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts."

"I'm Y/N L/N and this is Lynn Madfore nice to meet you," I told him in a more relieved tone.

"Very well, I have a couple of things to tell you both, they will be quite shocking," said Professor Dumbledore. "You both don't have to tell me how you got here I already have an idea of what happened. I have letters for the both of you,"  he handed us the letter.

I was quick to open my letter, it said:

Dear Mr. L/N, 

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. Yours sincerely, Minerva McGonagall,

  Deputy Headmistress.

When Lynn finished her letter she had a big smile on her face and so did I. Dumbledore placed a stool next to him. "You will both be sorted into your houses now," he told us slightly smiling. "You will go first, Lynn."

Lynn sat down on the stool and in a second the hat screamed "SLYTHERIN!"

 I went towards the stool and sat down. "Difficult, you are very loyal, but you have a lot of courage, incredibly smart I see, very bold too," said the hat taking a quite long time. "better be GRYFFINDOR!"

I sat back next to Lynn and said "Nothing could ever separate us, I promise. Not even being in different houses."

"Well, where do I begin?" asked Dumbledore. "11 years ago, Alani L/N gave birth to twins, one being a boy and the other a girl. At the age of one, the twins were separated. Alani wanted the twins to maintain contact. Which made the two become neighbors. I'm sorry, but I can't tell you both more than that. You will find more about this over the years."

"We are the twins right?" I asked the older men.

"That is correct, but I may not tell you more yet," he told me with a slight smile. "Here is all you are going to need this year. Your mother left quite a lot for both of you. Tomorrow I will take you both to get your wands. Put on your uniforms and you may go to dinner."

We were almost out the door when Dumbledore called us again. "One last thing, your skateboards will be with me. You may use it only in winter breaks. Have a good dinner."  

'''''''''Helloooo! Hopefully, you have an amazing day! <3 I forgot to post my draft yesterday sorry ❤️'''''''''''

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79K 1.8K 34
A story about Harry Potter and Hermione Granger All the characters belong to JK Rowling
1.9K 56 11
Following the events of his first year, (Y/n) Black attends his second year of Hogwarts, to being introduced to a self-absorbed new DADA teacher and...
5.2K 123 8
Which a hidden girl is revealed to love, friendship and betrayal all in a salient and vulnerable time. -All rights of the Original plot taken from Ha...
551K 17.9K 35
Y/N: Your Name L/N: Last Name H/C: Hair Colour E/C: Eye Colour S/C: Skin Colour F/C: Favorite Colour F/F: Favorite Food ...