Play Pretend [HGxR]

By slythersimp

4th year at Hogwarts means drama and there's no one better to add some spice into it other than Y/N Y/L/N. Af... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 10

1.8K 117 41
By slythersimp

"Isn't she beautiful?" A woman's voice said.

"Why did you call me here with . . . him?" Another voice said sounding sour.

"I know the both of you are not in good terms, but I want you two to be –"

The conversation were muffled, Y/N can feel her skin burning.

"Us? Y/M/N, I accept, but I don't want anything to do with this dog."

. . .

"Avada Kadavra!"

. . .

"I don't want anything to do with the child."

"You already know what's going to happen if you don't."

"She's disgusting, she looks like her . . ."

"It's yours too."

Y/N eyes fluttered open with tears falling. A sob escaped her mouth causing her to cast a silencing charm around her bed.

Anger is stronger than the sadness she's feeling. Y/N's already thought how to determine dreams from memories.

And she was sure as hell it was memory.

"Y/N, you need to calm down. The half-moon sets tomorrow, you need to control your emotions."

"I hate him! I'm going to fucking kill that sperm donor when I get the chance."

"Breathe, Y/N. Don't loose your cool to someone who's not worth your attention and time."

The girl cried even harder. Y/N doesn't even care if the lines started again. The emotion she's feeling is far too strong. Her hands started to shake and suddenly the air felt thin. Y/N screamed as she hugs her pillow just to keep herself from hurting her own body.

When she calmed down, her whole body turned off. It's like she didn't have a mental breakdown a few minutes ago, but the tear stains on her cheek and red puffy eyes says otherwise.

"He's the reason why my mother died." She breathe out to Alcmene.

._.

It was now morning. Y/N can hear her friends outside the bed curtain getting ready for the day. She laid there staring at the ceiling without any movement or sleep.

"Y/N! Get your bum up and get ready. We have potions with Snape this morning and I don't want to be late." Zendaya said knocking the post on the foot of her bed.

Y/N lazily grabbed her uniform and shuffled to the bathroom. After a few minutes, she went out the common room and saw a line of Slytherins outside the Potions classroom. She jogged behind her Slytherin friends where the girls are squealing and gushing about something. The boy however looked bored out of their minds as they send an unamused look.

"What's happening?" Y/N asked to no one in particular. Theodore tutted at the girls looking at her.

"We're going to the ballroom with Snape. I reckon we're not gonna fit inside his classroom. There's a whole lot of us here."

Zendaya wandered besides Y/N putting her arm around the girl's shoulder.

"I heard some of the fifth-years say we're going to have a dance lesson with Severus."

"What? Snape's going to teach us?" Y/N looked at her confused. Zendaya just smirked, a small laugh escaping her mouth.

"I highly doubt that."

The class was rather entertaining to say the least. It turns out, Snape can dance so gracefully, Y/N and Zendaya shared a knowing look saying he moves more elegantly than you.

Snape caught Y/N hiding her laugh at him. His eyebrows arched sending the girl a challenging look when they locked eyes. Y/N looked up avoiding his gaze, and then suddenly the ceiling looks interesting.

"Y/L/N, come up here." He called waving his hand on the music player to pause.

Y/N reluctantly stood up and walked to the center where Snape was at. He called for Draco next telling them to hold each other. Y/N sent a disgusting face at the platinumed-haired boy when he placed his hands on her waist and hand. Draco rolled her eyes at her as he lead the both of them on the dance.

"This is so embarrassing." Y/N mumbled looking around the room. Theodore and the rest of the boys were howling in laughter while the girls are hiding their grins.

Draco looked at her fake offended "Pardon you, You should be honored you get the chance to dance with me."

Y/N gagged in disgust "With your poor dancing skills, I think not."

"Who's the one who stepped on my foot the fifth time today?" He glared at her playfully.

"Watch me make your little fanclub swoon over me instead." Y/N said smirking at herself.

"Oh please, Do try if you can. They're far too in love with me to even notice you."

Y/N just hummed following the boy on the other side of the room after their dance. She sat down between Draco and Theodore looking at the said fanclub full of girls on the corner. One of them saw Y/N looking and nudged her friends gesturing over the girl. Once they looked at her, she sent them a cute smile showing off her deep dimples and then winked at them. They looked away face flushed, some giggled as they talked glancing at Y/N from time to time.

Draco's mouth parted at the effect his bestfriend did. He looked at her in disbelief seeing the girl's cocky smile.

"H-How did you. . ."

"I guess my charms are far too irresistible." She shrugged.

At that time, Y/N forgot about the dream and feeling she was suppose to be dreading.

Y/N stood still at the Astronomy tower looking over the castle grounds. Snow covered the place which caused Y/N to shiver through the cold.

Christmas is rolling near, and just like last time. Y/N was having an emotional rollercoaster. She couldn't shake the mere thought of her mother dying and hearing her last words and scream.

"Mum, I hope you're well and safe out there. I'm slowly figuring out what happened to you and whatever it is that's wrong with me," She sighed forming a fog from her mouth when she exhaled.

"But I guess it's far more safer for you in the afterlife than here. I couldn't believe you were killed for such a stupid reason. I'm surprised they didn't sacked me when I was baby since I'm literally your offspring and your blood runs in me too."

Y/N's father sent a letter again that day which she totally ignored. Her limit is reaching its breaking point now, with all her father's constant reminders of her carrying the Y/L/N name.

"I'm confused. I can't run to anyone anymore. Dumbledore isn't one of those options because he practically just gave me something like a riddle. Funny how the old man expects me to understand it since it has been what? Two years ago?" She laughed tears starting to form in her eyes.

"Why can't I have a normal family for once? I want to experience it even it's just for a minute. I'll give everything if it means I'll get to see you for the first time."

Wiping the tears on her cheeks, she looked at her forearm seeing if Alcmene is there.

He wasn't.

"I wonder how having someone guiding you feels like."

._.

The whole castle is filled with students asking someone out to the Ball.

Pansy, who rejected at least seven people. Is waiting for a certain someone to ask her.

As the day continued on with almost everyone is panicking on getting a date. Y/N, a great dear she is, is currently laying on her bed sleeping in her uniform. While everyone is outside or at the Great Hall with anticipation for the event, the Slytherin girl is minding her own business down at the dungeons.

She was woken up by her roommates barging inside their dorm room. Zendaya practically kicked the door open startling the sleeping girl to sit right up.

Y/N groaned putting her cover over her head.

"Y/N/N, Where have you been?" Millie asked sitting down on the side of Y/N's bed.

A muffled answer is head under the blanket. Millie rolled her eyes and yanked the blanket throwing it across the room.

Y/N glared at her with her eyes squinted due to the light.

"What do you want?" She drawled rolling over, laying on her stomach.

"Do you know how annoying your girlfriends are? Me and Daya couldn't walk for a full two minutes without someone asking where you are."

"Go to the library and search for my sympathy."

Millie pinched her shoulder causing Y/N to sit up and wince at the pain.

"Can you give me a day without any of you bruising my body? Geez, can't a girl get some peaceful sleep here."

"I only acknowledged two people who was searching for your well being. One of them was Pansy, and guess who the other person was," She smirked waving her eyebrows at Y/N. Zendaya was dying of wheezing on the background.

"Who?"

"Granger."

Y/N blinked at her not believing what she said. "What?"

"She was looking for you, she asked us to tell you to meet her at the quad later at dusk if we ever saw you."

The girl didn't utter a word, Zendaya on the other hand was imitating kissing noises behind Millie.

"What does she want?" Y/N asked getting off the bed.

Millie simply shrugged and grabbed Zendaya on her elbows. "Don't know, you might want to go there if you want to find out. Bye, Y/N/N!" She pulled the brunette out of the dormitory leaving
Y/N looking more confused as ever.

*

Hi! Sorry for the late update. School just started and I'm already running out of braincells trying to write the story and my school works. Anyhow, I apologize if this chapter is shitty, but I promise I'll do better on the next.

xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

641K 12.5K 66
"I was reaching for stars that didn't exist, caught up in the fantasies born of willful hope. I threw myself in the path of fate because I wanted to...
54.9K 1.5K 65
(COMPLETED) Things Eleanor Potter expected of her final year at Hogwarts: - Pranking the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor until they quit...
130K 3.4K 104
Y/N l/n is about to start her fourth year at Hogwarts when she meets George and Fred Weasley. She's a Gryffindor like the twins, but their friendshi...
110K 3.1K 119
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐖𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚�...