Too cool for the summer ~ A B...

By ayoitspatricia

(Y/n) is the niece of Kate and Martin. She is invited to come to Benidorm by Martin as she is having troubles... More

Season 1 ~ Episode 1
Season 1 ~ Episode 2
Season 1 ~ Episode 3

Season 1 ~ Episode 4

465 11 4
By ayoitspatricia

Last night Janice came up to me and asked if I wanted to sleep in their apartment again so I did as I did not want to be in the middle of one of Kate and Martin's arguments. I felt really bad as I had slept in there already but she insisted. I apologised to all of The Garvey's for the inconvenience but they just told me that I had no reason to apologise.

This morning I went into my apartment to get dressed into my swimming costume and get my items. But when I got in I saw Kate sitting on the couch by herself, Martin was not with her. She noticed that I was looking at her and she patted the spot next to her, signalling for me to come and sit down. I skeptically sat down beside her.

"(Y/n), I'm sorry for yelling at you the other night. You were just making friends and we were trying to get in the middle of that. I didn't pay attention to the problems you have already been having at home. I should have treated you better. You don't deserve to go through all the arguing. Your already 16 years old and I should have learned to trust you. It is my fault. I am also sorry for the bad apology yesterday, I wasn't in the right state of mind."

"Well, thank you for apologising properly and noticing what you did wrong Aunt Kate. I really appreciate it. I just wanted to be able to be with you and Martin without arguing, not avoiding you. I think I just need a bit of time to forgive you." I replied.

"That's understandable darling. To try and make it up to you, I wanted to know if perhaps you'd like to maybe go out to get some lunch in the afternoon? Just you and me." She mentions.

I think for a second, perhaps it would good bonding for us both. We may be able to get along better.

"I'd like that." I reply, making her give a pleased smile.

"That's great! I'll let you know what time we can leave."

I get ready to go to the pool and find Janice. I walk up to her and she sits up, gesturing for to me sit on the edge of her sun bed.

"You took a while love, you alright?" She asks.

"Yeah. Aunt Kate apologised and offered to take me out to lunch."

"Did you accept?" She asked.

"Yes, i thought it might help us get along more."

I can tell that she looks slightly concerned.

"Don't worry, if something bad happens I'll come straight back."

"Alright love." She looks a bit more relaxed.

I then tell Janice that I'm going to go and find Chantelle. I walk around and finally find her.

"Hey Telle!" I say, she turns around and waves at me.

"Hi (Y/n), how are you?"

"Im doing good, what about you? Is everything going ok with your pregnancy?" I ask.

"It's all going fine. I appreciate the concern you know," She replies, "People around here have just been giving me weird looks. I hate it."

"Of course you would Chantelle, I understand. You're coping really well with it and i just know that you will be a great mother." I tell her, "Trust me."

"Thanks (Y/n)." Chantelle says to me. "So, you got anything planned for today?"

"I'm going out for lunch with my Aunt." I reply and quickly say, "But I'll be fine."

"Be careful will you? That lady is mad." We both laugh at her comment.

"Well, I better get back." Chantelle tells me, "Are you sitting with us tonight at Neptune's?"

"I'll have to let you know later, I'm not sure how this afternoon is going to go." I replied.

"No pressure (Y/n/n), Michael was begging me to ask. I think he's got a bit of a crush on you." She laughs some more and I giggle.

"Awww, that's so cute!" I exclaim.

As if in cue, Michael comes running up to us.

"Telle!" He shouts, "Mam needs you!" He stops and notices that I am there as well.

"O-oh, h-hiya (Y/n)." He says nervously, his face going red.

"Aw look! Is little Michael blushing?" Chantelle teases, making Michael turn to her.

"N-no! I am n-not!" He protests.

Chantelle then grabs his arm and starts walking towards where Janice is.

"See you later (Y/n)!" Chantelle yells to me and I wave at her.

I scan my brain for what I was planning to do next and start to feel nervous when I realise what I need to do. Confront Mateo.

Look, I understand that Mateo promised that he wouldn't touch Kate but yesterday just seemed way to suspicious for my liking.

I walk towards the pool and get in, swimming towards the bar where Mateo is drying cups.

I swim up to it and lean against the counter, "Hey Mateo."

He turns to me, "Hola Chica! What can I get you today?"

I lean closer in, "You can get me some answers."

He looks a me in confusion so I explain, "All you have to do is answer the questions I'm about to ask you." He relaxes.

"And you also have to answer them honestly." I mention and he tenses up.

"You cannot do this." He tells me aggressively, "You're not supposed to be harassing a member of staff, I'm going to go and get the manager now." He goes up to leave.

"Wait," I say calmly and he stops, "If you get the manager then i will just deny the accusations. And who do you think they are going to believe, the innocent 16 year old girl or the creepy barman?"

He tenses even more and looks up at me, "You wouldn't."

"Oh but I would." I say back, "So just relax and answer my very simple questions."

He goes back to where he was originally standing and waits for me to give him my first question.

"So, what were you doing on your break yesterday?" I ask him and his eyes widen.

"I was just, you know, up in my room." He says, his tone of voice shaking slightly.

"Oh, I see." I say, "So you were in there by yourself?"

"I hardly think that concerns you." He says back.

"Okay, so you weren't." I say and he scowls at me.

"Do you perhaps know where my Aunt was during the time of your break?" I ask and his face morphs into a scared one.

"No. No I do not. Why would you even think that I would have a clue? What your assuming is ridiculous." He rambles.

"See, this is what I mean. You wouldn't act so panicked if you didn't know where she was." I tell him.

"You are absolutely impossible!" He exclaims, trying not to draw too much attention. "I've promised you already that I wouldn't touch her.

"Oh, I know." I assured him, "I just wanted to be sure. You see, when someone breaks their promise, I get very mad at them."

He doesn't say anything so I continue.

"And then I make sure that they never lie to me again, got it?" I tell him.

"What do you do to them?" He asks, shivering slightly although the temperature is boiling hot.

"That's a topic for another time." This makes him back away from me slightly.

Of course, I'm actually less threatening than i sound. But if im too soft thenj i won't get answers will I?

"Anyways when you're ready to tell me what you did yesterday, feel free to find me."

And with that I swam away, just knowing that he was watching me as I made my departure.

For the next couple of hours I just spent time in the pool and focused on making my swimming skills better and walking around, talking to all the people I knew. But I then realised that Kate probably wanted to leave soon so I went back to the apartment and showered. I then put on an outfit that I knew Kate would like.

I grabbed my bag that had all my important things in it and I walked down to the reception area to wait for her to show up. After around ten minutes I saw her walking towards me.

"You look great (Y/n), very presentable." Kate commented, making me smile. "Well, shall we go out then?" She linked her arm with mine and we walked out of The Solana and into town to look for somewhere to eat.

We soon found somewhere and sat down. Our drinks came quickly so we were now just waiting for our food to show up.

"So," Kate decided to start a conversation, "How are things going with your friendship with that family next door to our apartment?"

"Oh, the Garvey's? Their great Kate." I tell her. "It's only been a couple of days and they are already treating me like family."

"They sound like very nice people."

"That's because they are. It's sad how you underestimated them."

She took a sip on her drink, "I know ok? I felt low."

I decided not to say anything else about that topic so I decided to ask her about yesterday. "What actually yesterday morning? Because you should know that when you lie, you stutter."

Her face flushed and she looked down. "To the toilet, i just thought it would make more sense if i said a lie down."

"You was in there for a long time."

"The lock got stuck."

"You sure?" I ask and she nods at me. "Sorry, im just a bit paranoid."

We went quiet for a while until i decided to speak up again.

"What happened between you and Martin yesterday evening?" I asked.

She looked at me and mixed her drink around with her straw. "I don't think things are going to work out between me and Martin."

"Really?" I tried to act shocked but deep down i knew i was expecting that answer.

She looked down embarrassed.

"Well have you tried couples therapy? Mum and dad go to something like that every Friday, I can't say that it has done miracles for them but it might work out for you!"

She gave me a playful glare whilst leaning in closer to me. "Well between you and me (Y/n), i don't understand how your parents are still married."

I smiled, "I know right! My mum is such a little witch, i don't even know why dad puts up with her."

We both laughed together which was nice, and then our food came and we ate whilst talking.

"So what have you been doing today then?" Kate asks me.

"Oh you know, the usual. Talking to my friends, walking around, swimming, threatening the barman-"

Kate chokes on her food, "Threatening the barman?" She looks like she is holding a giggle.

"Well i have to act tough some way!" I whine and we both start to giggle non stop.

Let's just say that i think we are going to be getting along a lot better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me and Kate were out for quite a long time. After we ate, we then went shopping and i got some clothes. I also got presents for some of the people back at the Solana.

I walked to the pool to see if the Garvey's were still there as it was still quite sunny. It was there that i saw Chantelle and Michael sitting by the edge of it, with their feet dipping into the water. I walked toward them and took off my shoes, sitting next to Chantelle and joining them.

"Hey guys!" I greet cheerfully.

They look up at me, excited that i am finally back. "Alright (Y/n)?" Chantelle smiles.

I give a nod and Michael gives me a wave before asking Chantelle a question.

"Why didn't you tell us you were going to have a baby?"

"Because it's none of your business." Chantelle replies.

Michael sighs, "Nana said you're too fat to have a baby." He looks at the water and continues to swish it around with his hand.

I put a hand on Chantelle's arm, "You are not fat."

She looks and me and whispers with a smirk, "Don't worry, I've got this one."

Chantelle then leans into Michael's side. "You know there's a monster in that pool, don't you?" Oh, so that was what she meant.

This makes Michael look up at her. "Don't be a twat."

Chantelle then puts an arm around him, pulling him closer. I then lean in more to see what she has to say to him next.

"Well, it's not a monster. They call it the fish baby. And it lives in the bottom of the pool." Michael gasps but Chantelle just continues, "It's got scales and big teeth. See, they tried to drown him in the pool when he was born, because they didn't want him. But, he went to live under the water."

Chantelle really is good at making up stories, especially scary ones. I even hear Michael give a small whimper.

"Shut up!" He exclaims, "(Y/n), tell her to stop now!"

"Maybe it is time to wrap up the story Telle." I whisper to her.

"Just a sec," She whispers back before turning to Michael once again, "Did you not feel him trying to pull you under when you were drowning in the pool?"

"Shut Up! Mam, tell her to shut up Mam!" He shouts to Janice as she and Mick walk over to us.

"What? What's she doing?" Janice asks him.

"Tell her to shut up." He repeats.

Chantelle starts to get up and motions for me to do the same. "Can I have the key? I'm off back upstairs, and can (Y/n) come?"

"Well, we're all going in now, come on. Also you know that (Y/n) is always welcome." She smiles at me and then looks behind her to see Madge now following behind her, "Mam." She says to Madge.

"All right, I'm coming." She replies to Janice.

"Hold your horses lady, wait for us." Janice says as Madge speeds past us all.

I wait for Michael and Mick as they are behind the rest of us.

"Dad, are you gay?" Asks Michael, making me giggle at the random question. He notices that i find it funny and scratches the back of his head with a slight blush. Mick then replies to his question.

"No, son. I just help them out on the weekends when they're busy."

I find Michael's so called 'little crush' on me absolutely adorable! Obviously he needs to know that i am way older than him so it would obviously never happen, but i think its nice that he thinks so highly of me.

We walk back inside and go past Geoff and his PA (cough cough, his mother).

Once we get to their apartment, Janice looks at me with hope. "How did your day out with your aunt go then?"

"It went much better than i expected," I started, "She seemed more sorry and kept everything civil."

"Well isn't that great love?" She asks, giving me a side hug. "Are you going to sit with them at Neptune's tonight or are you sticking with us?"

"I'm probably going to sit with them tonight, just to see how it goes, although i will still come and see you throughout the evening."

And speaking of the evening, it came ever so quickly! Today had definitely gone too fast for my liking and at the back of my head there was this worry of going back home.

I was sitting at Neptune's with Kate and Martin whilst listening to Janey singing 'Sex Bomb'. I don't think Kate even wanted to come to the bar tonight but Martin insisted on going which was a convenience as i wanted to sit with them.

"I thought we were having our food in our room. And i thought that (Y/n) would be sitting with any of her newly made friends, not us." Oh, here we go again.

Martin looks at her, "They've got a hypnotist on tonight."

"Martin, no." Kate sounds like she is in disbelief.

"It's okay, I won't let them get you up on stage. I'm not just your partner, you know, I'm your best friend as well." Martin continues.

Kate gives him a weird look whilst i facepalm. She literally apologised to me earlier today, and now she has gone back to her bad habits.

"Hey aunt Kate, how about we tell uncle Martin about our fun day out?" I give her one of my little kid smiles which makes her crack a small smile in return and pull me closer to her.

"Why not darling, did you give him the gift you got?" She asked me, resting an arm on my shoulder.

"I did actually," Martin mentioned, "It was very thoughtful of you (Y/n)."

I went to say something else but a waiter came and put 3 plates in front of us. Martin looked confused and Kate looked annoyed as ever, i looked down at the plates and wondered why we got given them as we hadn't ordered yet.

"Sorry, we haven't even ordered yet," The waiter comes and takes our plates, "But can we-"
The waiter walked away from us, not giving Martin a chance to finish his sentence.

"I'm going out to get some aspirin." Kate said, getting out of her seat.

"I'll come with you," Martin starts to get up as well. If he keeps forgetting me then i may take back the gift i got him, I'll see how he likes that.

"No, you stay here. You can't just leave (Y/n) by herself can you?" Kate looks back at him, "I'll be fine, order me a baked potato." She starts to walk away again.

"Okay, a baked potato. What filling?" Martin asks her. He really doesn't stop does he?

Kate turns around once again, looking rather tired of doing the simple action. "Anything." She shrugs.

"Right!" He shouts. He turns to me and sees that i am looking at a menu and picks up one as well. "Anything." He repeats Kate's words, looking through it.

It was getting quiet so i looked around to see if there was anyone I could go to. I saw the Garvey's but Madge looked awfully disturbed and Janice looked mad about something, so I
decided that i should not interfere with what was going on with them. I then looked to see if Troy and Gavin were at a table and saw Gavin sitting by himself.

"I'll be back in a bit," I quickly say to Martin, getting up and going towards Gavin. I sit in the empty seat that is next to him.

"Hey Gav!" I greet.

"Oh hello (Y/n), are you alright?" He smiles at me but he seems to be distracted, looking around the bar every once in a while.

"Yeah, I'm doing alright. Where's Troy?" I ask.

"He said he was going to our room to get some medicine, he has been drinking non stop all day!" He tells me, "But I'm starting to get worried as he's been gone for a while now."

We continued to speak together and enjoy ourselves, laughing happily at Donald and Jacqueline's performance of 'It Takes Two'. I looked over at Martin and saw that Kate was not back yet, but he seemed to be surrounded by baked potatoes which made me snort slightly.

"I've just realised that Troy forgot the key, do you want to come with me to look for him?" Gavin asked me, making me nod in reply. As we walked past the tables, i noticed that Janice was not sitting with the rest of the Garvey's and neither was Mick.

'She must have gone to find him.' I thought.

We opened the door to leave the bar and walked towards the pool, where we could hear distant voices near the pool bar. As we got closer, i recognised the voice as Janice's.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I could hear her say in a disturbed voice.

Me and Gavin walked up behind Janice and we could not believe our eyes, it was Mateo and Troy on the floor of the bar and they both had their shirts off. Both of our faces fell and Troy's eyes widened when he saw both of us. Mateo bit his lip and kept quiet.

"Troy?" I whispered, feeling bad for Gavin.

"This is not what it looks like." Troy pointed his finger between him and Mateo.

"You forgot the key." Gavin stated, holding it out in shock, placing it on the bar side and walking away.

Mateo looked smug as ever, a small smirk taking over his face.

I really do not regret what happened earlier this day with him now.

"I don't know what you're smirking at, you dick, you've just ruined a perfectly good relationship!" I shouted at Mateo and looked at Troy, "Don't think that you are off the hook either Troy, you haven't heard the end of this from me!"

I barely ever properly swear so you could tell that i was pissed off.

"Oh." Janice says realising.

"Good night Janice, I'm going to go after Gavin." I say, giving her a small smile.

"See you tomorrow love!" She waves at me as i run off.

I follow Gavin back to the bar and sit with him at his table again. "I am so sorry that Troy has done this to you, you do not deserve that at all." I hug him sadly.

"It's not your fault," he mumbles, "Hopefully he'll realise his mistakes in the morning."

"That's the spirit." I try to lighten up the mood.

"Have you eaten yet?" He asks me and i shake my head no.

"Alright, lets just order a bunch of sweet treats and forget about what we just witnessed!" He clapped his hands, making me laugh.

This was definitely another crazy day at the Solana!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 51 21
OUTERBANKS: Y/N Routledge was a pouge. When Rafe Cameron first met her, he was in love, even if she was a pouge. After Y/N not giving him a chance f...
4.8K 36 11
Y/n went to Cousins every summer. Her Mom and Dad were best friends with Susannah, Laurel, John, and Adam. They went to Susannah's beach house every...
23.8K 448 24
"𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒: it will kill you and save you, both" - Lauren Oliver. Julia Wasson had ties to Kildare Island. Her mother grew up there on The Cut. She ne...
1.4K 87 49
Jane just moved to New York City where she meets Luke Williams whom she falls in love with. Things become complicated when their parents get married...