A piece of us (Xiao x fem!rea...

By iamscaredoftheocean

*under editing* 53 % finished. Being special, Y/n had been taken in by the Geo Archon. She met the adepti, in... More

Before you read
The Blondie
Two words: Almond. Tofu.
What a tease~
The boy named Kazuha
What a nice day to live
The Exuvia
Childe's backup plan
Osial
Exhaustion
See you again now
Dear Liyue... i love you
Lantern Rite, part 1
Lantern Rite, part 2
Lantern Rite, part 3
The Crux Clash
Did this just happen?
This happened...
Welcome to Inazuma
Sister bonding
Realization
The resistance
A battle and a decision.
Reunion
Leaf is a real one
Catching up with the ladies
Just let me sleep
Aether needs help
Your shield
Who am i?
Xiao in Inazuma
A scarf and a vision
Your own style
Seducing Xiao
Paint your mask with jealousy
Uh-oh...
This is bad
An overgrown tree
He knew
Everything went bad
Quietly screaming inside
Oh Y/n...
A long time passed
Happiness in a different way
Author's note
(Behind the scenes) (entertaining chapter)
(Behind the scenes) part 2
(Oh well, LET'S HAVE A SEQUEL!)

Prologue - Meeting the adepti

55.6K 1.4K 4.9K
By iamscaredoftheocean

It all begins as such...

My sister wrapped me up in a (f/c) blanket and put me in a basket. She then closed it and left Inazuma. Yae Miko waited on top of a tall mountain for Morax. I didn't know what was happening at the time, I laid in the basket for a while when  the light of the basket opening hit me.

I looked up and saw a man, with long dark hair and two horns on his head. His eyes shone like gold.

"And why am I receiving such a precious gift?", he asked my sister, with confusion written all over his face.

"The shogun has a lot of power, and she is drawn towards eternity. I fear she might close up the nation and shut the world out." I heard Yae Mikos voice say. "My sister will be a lot happier to be in a open world."

The man then looked down at me again and I could have sworn I saw a small smile on his face when he saw me. "This little creature has a strong energy, it's very pure. Very well, I accept this gift." He then closed the basket after giving me a comforting smile.

I was barely able to register what was happening at the time...

I fell asleep in the small basket.

When I woke up I was on top of another mountain, I was not laying in the basket like before, but rather on top of a soft pillow.
I looked around me and saw water. I sat up and realized i was not only on top of a pillow, but also a stone table. The table had three stone chairs around it.

I then jumped down from the table, still in my fox form and heard a chuckle. I looked around and saw a blue stork like bird.

"This is the creature that is going to help him?" The bird said in disbelief. I was quite surprised to hear the bird talking and looked around to see who the bird was talking to.
Not too surprised i see the same man from before.

I wondered what they were talking about.

"Do not doubt my decisions, Cloud Retainer."
He said and crouched down to my level.

My ears perked up with curiosity, he then patted my head.

"My name is Morax. I understand it that your name is (Y/n), am i correct?" He asked me with the same warm smile from before.

I then nodded my head and was about to ask what was going on until i heard a deep voice behind me. I quickly turned around and was met with a deer like creature, he also looked a little odd.

If I had told them out loud how strange they all looked when I first saw them, they might've scolded me...

"I could feel her energy from far away." He said. "Hello (Y/n), the one who stands before you is Moon Carver." He sounded kind, but uninterested.

I looked up at him and was about to speak until i once again was interrupted. "What a foolish plan this is." I turned my head and saw a orange-ish coloured bird that also looked like a stork.

"Mountain Shaper, this is the best i can do for him for now. (Y/n) might help him a lot." Morax said.

The bird named Mountain Shaper held venom in his voice as he spoke, "Hah, so you're giving him a comfort animal?." He said with an annoyed chuckle in the end of his sentence.

"Who are we talking about?" I asked out of the blue. They all looked pretty shocked to hear me talk.
I suddently heard Morax chuckle beside me and picked me up in his arms.

They should've expected that I would be able to talk. After all, they could too. It wasn't strange at all!

"You'll see." Was the only thing he said.

(A few weeks later)

Morax had shown me everything of Liyue, the oceans and mountains. He had also shown me the city and explained how things worked in Liyue.

It was quite easy settling down in this nation.

Until then I was able to transform my body into a complete normal mortal, however I wished to show off my kitsune lineage, so I left a few parts of my appearance as it was.

(Years later)

I walked around in the small city of Liyue, the city was small, but Morax had told me he knew the city would grow into a beautiful one, one day. I didn't doubt it at all. I saw the people here had potential to making this a great nation.

I looked up in the sky and took in the beautiful scent of glaze lilies. I then saw Morax on top of a building, signalizing for me to follow him. He then dashed away.

A few years earlier i would have wondered why the mortals didn't see him, but now i understand that mortals are very blind.

They don't see the easiest things, right infront of them.

I then jumped high up in the air and dashed after him.

"You wish to talk to me, Morax?" I kindly asked him. As the years passed i have looked at him as an older brother (or father if you want).

"I would like to ask a favour from you." He said while patting my head.

"Of course, anything!" I said exitedly, i always wanted to help him when i could.

"There is an adeptus i'd like you to meet, his name is Xiao. I would like you to be his friend and stay close to him." He said while looking at me seriously and he stopped patting my head.

"Then i'll do that! But why?" I asked him curiously, while accepting his wish without doubt.

I didn't hesitate to do as he wished back then. And... I don't regret a single thing.

(A few weeks later)

Morax had told me about Xiao and his horrible condition.
I immediately felt bad for the boy for suffering that past.

Morax had set up a meeting for me and Xiao, at  Mt. Aocang, the place i met the adepti for the first time.

Morax told me that Xiao had a certain love for a new type of mortal food called, Almond Tofu. This food was recently made for the first time and apparently it stole Xiaos heart.

So right now, i was making it. I wanted to make a good first impression, especially if Morax wanted us to be close.
The dish seemed quite weird and i wanted to eat it myself, to figure out how good it actually was.
NO (Y/N).
YOU NEED TO CONTROL YOURSELF.
THIS IS NOT FOR YOU.

I told myself many times not to eat the food. It was quite hard to resist the urge. But I managed.

I then showed up at Mt. Aocang and put the dish on top of the stone table. I then went closer to the water and looked at my reflection.

I fixed my hair and put on a smile.

All of a sudden i felt a gush of wind behind me.
It was strong.
After stabilizing myself i turned around.
And once i did i was inches away from another persons face.

When I tell you he was gorgeous, I'm saying he was drop dead gorgeous! That day when I met him still meets my mind...

His hair was a very dark shade of blue/green ish colour, and his eyes were a beautiful yellow. And he had a purple little mark between his eyebrows.

And his face looked like it was shaped from angels.

Once we had eye contact, his face formed into a glare.
"Who are you?" He asked in a almost rude way.

Honestly! He didn't see the food I made?! To this day I still pester him about it.

"Uhm... my name is (Y/n)." I said in a calm manner. "It's a pleasure to meet you adeptus Xiao!" I said while trying to be as respectful as I could, he was an adeptus and a Yaksha after all.

I should've kept my respect to myself. He certainly did so. He had no social manners at all, so rude!

"How do you know my name?" He said in a rude way once again.

"I-"
"I told her a lot about you." I turned to see Morax walking towards us.

I looked back at Xiao and when he saw Morax, his glare softened a lot.
He looked very cute.
I knew i had to keep up with his rude manner, I have no right to scold or blame him for it.

"Xiao, this is (Y/n). She will from now on be your...friend?" Morax said in a unsure tone, i swear i could see him sweatdrop.

"No. If that's all, then i'll be on my way." Xiao rejected the offer rather quickly... he then turned towards the edge of the mountain and got ready to leave faster than he arrived.

You can't imagine how offended I felt. I had to keep my composure though, since Morax was there. I decided to be the grown up in this situation.

I had a feeling he would disappear the moment he turned around so i quickly grabbed his hand in panic. "Wait! Adeptus Xiao!" It was Morax's wish for me to take care of Xiao. I will do what I can to fulfill it, even if I had to lay my hands on him.

Xiao POV:

I was about to disappear to take care of some demons when i felt someone grab my hand and i could guess who.
"Wait! Adeptus Xiao!"
I didn't focus on the words she said but rather the feeling i felt when her fingers wrapped around mine. When her hand grabbed mine i felt all my pain slipping away in an instant.

I then felt her loosing her grip on my hand and when she was about to pull away, i clenched my hand so she wouldn't let go.

I quickly realized what i did and swatted her hand away. I then turned around quickly and gave her a glare.
"Do not touch me, mortal."

Y/n POV:

"Do not touch me, mortal." He said while giving me the scariest glare i had ever seen.

Bitch do I look like a-

Honestly what did he take me for?

Although his comment was rude, I felt myself sink down. "I'm sorry" I quickly apologized.

I should have tried to insult him back instead.

I saw his glare fade away and heard him let out a loud sigh.

"If you're going to stick with me you better not touch me, or get in my way. And we will not be friends." He said. How cold. This guy is really traumatized huh?

At least I won in the end!

"Alright!" I said exitedly.
I turned to see Morax, he had a shocked expression. Did he think i would be rejected? Hello, it's me, Y/n, I don't do that.
His shocked expression faded into a smile.

"I have matters to attend to, i belive you two will be fine on your own." Morax said and walked away, i think i could hear him chuckling.

I turned back to Xiao and he immediately wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close. "Hold on tight." He simply said and so i did.
Didn't he tell me never to touch him ever?
I held on to him and i'm happy i did, because he immediately leaped high, and i mean HIGH up in the air.

-

As the years passed, and it was MANY years. Xiao and i became close, i would even consider us close friends.
Xiao forgot about the whole "don't touch me" thing very quickly, and whenever we would stand in Wangshu Inn, in the morning and night to look at the sky, he would always grab my hand and kept saying it was because he was scared i would disappear. It's like he thought i was made out of sand and would disappear because of a little wind.

And when it comes to Morax, he had been very loved by the people of Liyue, and they started calling him Rex Lapis. Although me and Xiao didn't see him that much the past years. He did have a lot of Archon stuff to do after all.

When Xiao had a duty do to, i often felt lonely. So i usually sit by the stone table in Mt. aocang alone. Until i met another girl, who was also a adeptus, she was a kind woman named Ganyu. And she became my friend very quickly.

Years passed...

Me and Xiao sat on top of a cliff, it had been a while since we just relaxed without killing demons or do Adepti stuff. I then saw a lot of dark clouds filling the sky and looked over to the city, and so did Xiao.

Thats when my eyes widened and fear shot through me, i saw Morax falling from the sky in his dragon form and landing in the middle of the crowd of people.

And what the future held was unpredictable.

I felt tears entering my eyes, and looked over at Xiao. His tears had already escaped and were sliding down his cheeks, his eyes were filled with sadness and horror.

So here I was... watching the man who raised me fall down from the sky.

We then heard Lady Ningguang yell "REX LAPIS HAS BEEN KILLED! SEAL THE EXISTS!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 9.8K 38
[Genshin Impact] [Scaramouche x fem!reader] [Please don't read this if you are younger than 16⛔️] You were born visionless into a world (Teyvat) whe...
75.8K 3.6K 34
❝ Is this another bitter herb you're forcing me to eat, you mortal? ❞ ❝ No, little Xiao, it is simply a pretty flower. ❞ β€· 𝘟π˜ͺ𝘒𝘰 𝘹 𝘨/𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘒π˜₯...
26.5K 1K 23
❝ πšƒπš‘πšŽ πšœπšπš›πš˜πš—πšπšŽπšœπš πšŒπš˜πš—πšπš›πšŠπšŒπšπšœ πšŠπš›πšŽ πšπš‘πš˜πšœπšŽ πšπš‘πšŠπš πšŒπš˜πš–πšŽ πšπš›πš˜πš– πš‹πš•πš˜πš˜πš.❞ Thousands of years ago, Rex Lapis made a con...
299K 10.2K 21
Xiao x gender neutral reader I thought it would be a super fun idea to create a story about an adeptus Y/N! I really want this to be a slow burn enem...